Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 08:12:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3086 3087 3088 3089 3090 3091 3092 3093 3094 3095 3096 3097 3098 3099 3100 3101 3102 3103 3104 3105 3106 3107 3108 3109 3110 3111 3112 3113 3114 3115 3116 3117 3118 3119 3120 3121 3122 3123 3124 3125 3126 3127 3128 3129 3130 3131 3132 3133 3134 3135 [3136] 3137 3138 3139 3140 3141 3142 3143 3144 3145 3146 3147 3148 3149 3150 3151 3152 3153 3154 3155 3156 3157 3158 3159 3160 3161 3162 3163 3164 3165 3166 3167 3168 3169 3170 3171 3172 3173 3174 3175 3176 3177 3178 3179 3180 3181 3182 3183 3184 3185 3186 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722498 times)
camosoul

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 03:18:09 AM

Current status: magnificent.  Cool
I gotta wear shades just to look at your posts...

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 03:21:18 AM

Can I bring my guns?

As long as you let me shoot one! Grin

Please, gun safety lessons FIRST!   non-gun owners get really weird with guns..... LOL

So how many days has Mintpal been down?  3?  I trade so little, so I went where the fees were smallest, and had some ready to sell, but then suddenly MP went down.  I saw no warning, but I'm not always around Tongue  24 hours are really stretching long....

Here you go Tante...  4 simple rules.

Treat every weapon as if it were loaded
Never point your weapon at anything you don't intend to shoot
keep your finger straight and off the trigger until you are ready to fire
keep your weapon on safe until you intend to fire
Always be aware of your target AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT. It might not stop the bullet. You might miss.

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 03:27:12 AM

Well, I finally got to the end, LOL, and now I gotta figure out what derivatives are???  And how they affect cryptos??

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 03:28:36 AM

Can I bring my guns?

Please, gun safety lessons FIRST!   non-gun owners get really weird with guns..... LOL

So how many days has Mintpal been down?  3?  I trade so little, so I went where the fees were smallest, and had some ready to sell, but then suddenly MP went down.  I saw no warning, but I'm not always around Tongue  24 hours are really stretching long....

Here you go Tante...  4 simple rules.

Always be aware of your target AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT. It might not stop the bullet. You might miss.

Ooops, I didn't know you were there honey!  So sorry, I was aiming for the um... the um... the... yah, the um fire ant, yah, the fire ant...er hill.....

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
Ignition75

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 03:33:27 AM

Well, I finally got to the end, LOL, and now I gotta figure out what derivatives are???  And how they affect cryptos??

Lets say you are a farmer, with cows, and you are worried about the price of milk going down and you losing your farm, you can take out a type of derivative to mitigate the risk of the price of milk going down.

Of course, you need someone who thinks the price of milk is going to go up, so you take out a Swap called a Future.  If the price of milk goes up, you pay the other person the difference.  If the price of milk goes down, that person pays you the difference, the net result, you've locked the price of your milk and mitigated the risk of you losing your farm.

Airlines do this all the time with fuel prices.

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 03:34:13 AM
Last edit: October 04, 2014, 03:49:47 AM by camosoul

Can I bring my guns?
Please, gun safety lessons FIRST!   non-gun owners get really weird with guns..... LOL

So how many days has Mintpal been down?  3?  I trade so little, so I went where the fees were smallest, and had some ready to sell, but then suddenly MP went down.  I saw no warning, but I'm not always around Tongue  24 hours are really stretching long....
Here you go Tante...  4 simple rules.

Ooops, I didn't know you were there honey!  So sorry, I was aiming for the um... the um... the... yah, the um fire ant, yah, the fire ant...er hill.....
Mmm... Inheritance...

I find it funny... Anti-gunners talk about how fancy training is needed, but then that guns are too easy to use... Point and click, yup. Training? Do you drive a car? Their arguments are self-defeating... Guns are just no big deal unless you've grown up in a society that makes them taboo. I'm wearing pants, too, oh no! You know, people who wear pants are rapists! [rolls eyes] Walk up to the guy with a gun and pick a fight with him, sure, you clearly see him as a threat if you're picking a fight with him... They're just assholes telling slanderous lies that they themselves know are slanderous lies, elsewise they wouldn't be standing there picking a fight with the guy with a gun, eh? If I'm such a psycho, why are you still alive? Hmmm.... And the person who walks up to a guy with a gun and makes comments about his gentalia is not a psycho? Really? That's a thing sane people do? Pick fights with armed psychos who have a small penis? Yeah, totally makes sense... But then again, a person who is so severely deranged that they associate sex organs with weapons is not likely to be fit for conversation... Yeah, I'm the psycho. Sure. Keep up the armchair psychology there princess... It's hilarious how they always think they're going to give me the last remaining piece of their mind, but it never works out that way... If you think this gun is bigger than my something else, I got a surprise for ya... Bend over sweetie [wink]. They hate that... lols. HAve you ever defended yourself from a violent criminal with your sex organs? I have GOT to see that one on youtube...

Douche: "Do you think that thing makes you a man?"
Me: "No, but being a man goes a logn way to understanding why I have it."
Douche: "What's that supposed to mean?"
Me: "Exactly. [walks away]"

Training is for dogs. Learning is for people.

I see your Schwartz is as big as mine!

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
jams951

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 04:15:35 AM

I never liked firearms. I prefer judo. I've only had to use my training once but I'm sure that guy was not expecting what he got when he missed his first swing.

We were at a bar and I was talking to this girl, who apparently had a boyfriend who was also at the bar but was off hitting on another girl (for quite a while, I saw the girl sitting there by herself for at least 45 minutes). He comes back and says "what the fuck are you doing?"

I say, "and who are you?"

He points to her and says "she's mine."

I noticed immediately the look of disgust on her face. Didn't look like the happiest relationship.

He then calls over a few of his buddies, by now most of the bar was watching. I didn't feel like getting jumped by 5 drunk idiots in a bar, so I tell the girl it was nice talking to her and tell her she deserves much better. He didn't like that too much apparently as he followed me outside.

I saw his reflection on the door as I was walking out, followed by his buddies, two of which where barely able to walk they were so drunk.

I get outside and turn around. His friends kind of line up, but didn't really look to be in a fighting mood.

The guy, however, immediately came at me in a disorganized frenzy. He threw a sloppy punch which I dodged, moving to the left. He threw a second which grazed off my right forearm. In one motion after deflecting the punch, I elbowed him in the chin and kneed him in the side. He dropped pretty quick and I took off.

Nothing ever came of it and I never saw him again, and to tell the truth I felt guilty after doing it but I was defending myself.
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 04:34:30 AM
Last edit: October 04, 2014, 04:52:45 AM by camosoul

I never liked firearms. I prefer judo. I've only had to use my training once but I'm sure that guy was not expecting what he got when he missed his first swing.

We were at a bar and I was talking to this girl, who apparently had a boyfriend who was also at the bar but was off hitting on another girl (for quite a while, I saw the girl sitting there by herself for at least 45 minutes). He comes back and says "what the fuck are you doing?"

I say, "and who are you?"

He points to her and says "she's mine."

I noticed immediately the look of disgust on her face. Didn't look like the happiest relationship.

He then calls over a few of his buddies, by now most of the bar was watching. I didn't feel like getting jumped by 5 drunk idiots in a bar, so I tell the girl it was nice talking to her and tell her she deserves much better. He didn't like that too much apparently as he followed me outside.

I saw his reflection on the door as I was walking out, followed by his buddies, two of which where barely able to walk they were so drunk.

I get outside and turn around. His friends kind of line up, but didn't really look to be in a fighting mood.

The guy, however, immediately came at me in a disorganized frenzy. He threw a sloppy punch which I dodged, moving to the left. He threw a second which grazed off my right forearm. In one motion after deflecting the punch, I elbowed him in the chin and kneed him in the side. He dropped pretty quick and I took off.

Nothing ever came of it and I never saw him again, and to tell the truth I felt guilty after doing it but I was defending myself.
Guns aren't a first resort, they're a last resort. They're not for trying to look cool or be a big man... Unless I'm facing an immediate threat of grave bodily harm and/or death, the gun is not to be considered. But, having it there in plain view means I never have to deal with the situation you described in the first place... The only people that ever start shit are the anti-gun douchebags, and I enjoy making fools of them.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. A real man doesn't need to prove anything. He just is. I'd rather not have to defend myself, and my gun makes it so I don't have to. The only times I've had to use my gun for self defence, have been times where government forced me to conceal it, thus, inviting a problem I then had to fight my way out of. When it's visible, bad things just don't happen. Kinda obvious, but seems like nobody can grasp it...

I prefer the no drama approach of Open Carry. Sure, I have to deal with a loser now and then, but I don't have to point it at anyone and pull the trigger in a public place. Concealment forces that to happen... Not having a gun at all makes it a toss up... I don't do toss-ups. I win. Me and mine deserve at least that much. It's soemthing my son learned pretty fast. When a big fat slonb of a woman with 3 welfare children walks up and says "I don't like you having that around my kids, why do you think you need it?" and your son says "Because I'm worth it, what about yours?" You know you did your job as a parent.

to further the stupidity of it... In Florida, we're only allowed to carry concealed, have to have a permit, pay money, be treated worse than a convicted sex offender, etc. Florida does not recognize the Right to bear arms. It grants a privilege. And we're not allowed to carry in bars. But, if you can only carry concealed, how would anyone know if you carried in a bar or not? It's concealed, right? Duuuhhhhhh... I don't drink anyway, but do you know how many places you can find a pool table that DOESN'T serve alcohol? Not many... Why does it matter if they serve alcohol if you don't drink it? That's like saying you're not allowed to drive your car if you've ever been to a bar... Kinda stupid and nobody can tell since it's concealed anyway, which is what the criminals do, so uh... Yeah, government is fucking dumb.

So, when we celebrate how great DRK is in a year or so, lets do it NOT in Floriduh...

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 04:52:59 AM

The market reacted positivly on Evan news. Great btc down so need to buy another MN Smiley

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 05:10:32 AM

My left nut should run for office by the looks of it's popularity. Compared to any politician, I bet it would win.

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
coinzcoinzcoinz

Activity: 530

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 05:35:36 AM

Im wondering how a small currency like ANC are able to create a decent looking infographic about their technology while Darkcoin seems to be unable to achieve such a thing. Hopefully this is in the works.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=227287.msg9042059#msg9042059

A professionally made information video would be great too. These are the little things that will matter now at this stage of the project. There is a lot of talk about adoption and what we should do to achieve this; these 2 things are the most important (other than sorting out the website which for some reason has gotten worse instead of better).
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 05:42:49 AM

5000 MN's ?
1000 Coins x 5000 MN's
= 5 Mill Coins OFF The market

with a market cap of 4.7 Mill DRK
how does this makes any scenes Huh
oaxaca

Activity: 671

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 05:57:21 AM

Attn: DRK Minister of Propoganda (I mean Information).  We need to convert Kate Carruthers to the Dark side.  From the article:

http://money.cnn.com/2014/10/03/technology/security/chase-hack/index.html

---------------------------------
You're exposed everywhere anyway. That's the argument of Kate Carruthers, who spent more than a decade doing IT for major Australian, New Zealand and U.S. banks.

"If people knew how these systems are handled and how clunky they are, they wouldn't use banks," she said. "But the reality is, they have to. They don't have a choice."
--------------------------------

New tag line:  "Now, you have a choice!"  or some such.
Ignition75

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 06:11:19 AM

Attn: DRK Minister of Propoganda (I mean Information).  We need to convert Kate Carruthers to the Dark side.  From the article:

You're exposed everywhere anyway. That's the argument of Kate Carruthers, who spent more than a decade doing IT for major Australian, New Zealand and U.S. banks.

"If people knew how these systems are handled and how clunky they are, they wouldn't use banks," she said. "But the reality is, they have to. They don't have a choice."

Royal Bank of Scotland, one of the biggest players on the block, when I was there for a short term contract they had 600 legacy banking systems, some dating back to the 80's...

Kate is right, if you knew how your money got pushed around you would never use banks...

tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 06:18:40 AM

Royal Bank of Scotland, one of the biggest players on the block, when I was there for a short term contract they had 600 legacy banking systems, some dating back to the 80's...

Kate is right, if you knew how your money got pushed around you would never use banks...

noted !
Ignition75

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 06:39:24 AM

X11 Mining Optimisation Project

Hi all, I've been in discussions with a couple of very talented OpenCL (AMD) and Cuda (Nvidia) developers who both think there are decent optimisations to be had from spending some time on existing mining software.

Both have done similar projects for other coins, and, lets just say there was a large gap in the reward vs effort spent on these optimisations.  There was a bit of reluctance from both developers to spend huge amounts of time on this.

So I thought about a crowd funding exercise, similar to the way we've funded other projects which have been of benefit to the DRK community.

How many of you would be interested in showing a little support with some DRK, along side myself, to give a nice boost to both AMD and Nvidia mining for x11?  In a similar fashion to the Kristov Atlas review, the more we can raise, the more time can be spent on this exercise.

Nothing formal has been set-up at this stage, I'm really just gauging people's appetites for improvements on the mining software, if we all think this is a good idea I'll set-up an address and we can get the ball rolling.

Smiley

Ignition75

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 07:10:01 AM

X11 Mining Optimisation Project

Hi all, I've been in discussions with a couple of very talented OpenCL (AMD) and Cuda (Nvidia) developers who both think there are decent optimisations to be had from spending some time on existing mining software.

Both have done similar projects for other coins, and, lets just say there was a large gap in the reward vs effort spent on these optimisations.  There was a bit of reluctance from both developers to spend huge amounts of time on this.

So I thought about a crowd funding exercise, similar to the way we've funded other projects which have been of benefit to the DRK community.

How many of you would be interested in showing a little support with some DRK, along side myself, to give a nice boost to both AMD and Nvidia mining for x11?  In a similar fashion to the Kristov Atlas review, the more we can raise, the more time can be spent on this exercise.

Nothing formal has been set-up at this stage, I'm really just gauging people's appetites for improvements on the mining software, if we all think this is a good idea I'll set-up an address and we can get the ball rolling.

Smiley

And will you also be soliciting funds from all the other coins that have taken it upon themselves to capitalize on the X11 Algo?
Shall DRK once again be the ones that "fund", hypothetically here, for the greater good of shitcoins?
You're asking DRK to put up funds - so that every-other shitcoin can once again runaway with a DRK design/thought?

Why not get the Shitcoin(s) to pay for it this time?
Why not?? Go ask them to contribute to this "venture"?

I mean really man..... seriously?

How's about the shitcoins show us some love for once.

I'm happy to reach out to all x11 coins if need be...

Ignition75

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 07:24:47 AM

The need be that you look there first and to us last
The DRK's have changed crypto - HUGE

Let the shitcoins contribute for once -

Was this the first place you looked?

Mining is cool and all but - let the shitcoins pay for it.
Gonna take a lot more work - but I'm "not so sure" you up for it.

Prove me wrong...

How many beers are you up to?

stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 08:17:30 AM

Sigh - I cannot wait until Evan activates enforcement. I see this as such a huge step in the DRK journey....

I have lost 5+ MN payments in the past 2 days from fucking non compliant pools...If I was Evan I would do it right now - not sure why the hesitation?Huh?

Ignition75

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 09:02:10 AM

EDIT: Saw Ignition's post. Good God, man. I said I'd take a look at CUDA, let you know if/when I had anything substantial, and if it was good enough we could go from there. I also specifically said I didn't want a damned dime raised until I was SURE I would be able to deliver - meaning I had at least a dev version working.

Thank you mate, I've spoken to a couple of other GPU devs as well who have both confirmed there's good gains to be had on the AMD side as well.

Nothing is definite, right now we are in the discovery phase, seeing if the community has the appetite to be equipped with an optimised miner, why should the private mining groups have all the fun?

Wink

Pages: « 1 ... 3086 3087 3088 3089 3090 3091 3092 3093 3094 3095 3096 3097 3098 3099 3100 3101 3102 3103 3104 3105 3106 3107 3108 3109 3110 3111 3112 3113 3114 3115 3116 3117 3118 3119 3120 3121 3122 3123 3124 3125 3126 3127 3128 3129 3130 3131 3132 3133 3134 3135 [3136] 3137 3138 3139 3140 3141 3142 3143 3144 3145 3146 3147 3148 3149 3150 3151 3152 3153 3154 3155 3156 3157 3158 3159 3160 3161 3162 3163 3164 3165 3166 3167 3168 3169 3170 3171 3172 3173 3174 3175 3176 3177 3178 3179 3180 3181 3182 3183 3184 3185 3186 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: