Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 11:41:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3228 3229 3230 3231 3232 3233 3234 3235 3236 3237 3238 3239 3240 3241 3242 3243 3244 3245 3246 3247 3248 3249 3250 3251 3252 3253 3254 3255 3256 3257 3258 3259 3260 3261 3262 3263 3264 3265 3266 3267 3268 3269 3270 3271 3272 3273 3274 3275 3276 3277 [3278] 3279 3280 3281 3282 3283 3284 3285 3286 3287 3288 3289 3290 3291 3292 3293 3294 3295 3296 3297 3298 3299 3300 3301 3302 3303 3304 3305 3306 3307 3308 3309 3310 3311 3312 3313 3314 3315 3316 3317 3318 3319 3320 3321 3322 3323 3324 3325 3326 3327 3328 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722540 times)
Walter_S

Activity: 310
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 08:53:08 AM

What we are seeing is an interesting experiment about human nature. When crypto was first invented most of the people who got involved with it were privacy conscious libertarian geeks who hated the monopoly of rich bankers. These geeks saw these bankers as greedy bastards who didn't give a shit about anything but their profit..

And then things moved faster..crypto started to gain popularity and greater adoption. Each of these new coins started to address a particular problem that the society was struggling with and some were just useless crap created to con people. But these previously liberty loving geeks who hated greedy bankers and their wars, and government bureaucracy and so on became completely different people now. Some of them were running centralized exchanges and gambling with ordinary people's money. Other started to setup pools caring only about profit and nothing else. Without knowing, they become just like the greedy bankers they once hated.

So i gave up asking the pools to update anymore. i think the solution should involve not begging any greedy pool anymore who cares about profit but nothing more. We can come up with a better way of getting things done so that the amazing ideas behind Darkcoin (privacy, freedoms from greedy bankers and tyranny etc) can continue to live.

Well said. These pools just aren't going to update of their own free will. There's no incentive. In fact, it seems like there's a disincentive given that I've now lost 4 MN payments totalling 5.2DRK since the update. I presume those DRK just go to the pool and miners? is that correct?
defunctec
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 08:55:54 AM

What we are seeing is an interesting experiment about human nature. When crypto was first invented most of the people who got involved with it were privacy conscious libertarian geeks who hated the monopoly of rich bankers. These geeks saw these bankers as greedy bastards who didn't give a shit about anything but their profit..

And then things moved faster..crypto started to gain popularity and greater adoption. Each of these new coins started to address a particular problem that the society was struggling with and some were just useless crap created to con people. But these previously liberty loving geeks who hated greedy bankers and their wars, and government bureaucracy and so on became completely different people now. Some of them were running centralized exchanges and gambling with ordinary people's money. Other started to setup pools caring only about profit and nothing else. Without knowing, they become just like the greedy bankers they once hated.

So i gave up asking the pools to update anymore. i think the solution should involve not begging any greedy pool anymore who cares about profit but nothing more. We can come up with a better way of getting things done so that the amazing ideas behind Darkcoin (privacy, freedoms from greedy bankers and tyranny etc) can continue to live.

Hey man, it isn't occupy wall street in here. Lots of profit earned in the free market is a truly wonderful thing.
Bankers making profit direct from tax payers? No free market there.

Mintpal shuting its doors with other peoples money isn't profit. While mintpal was up and running, noone gave a shit about them making profits.
eahmadov

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 09:03:00 AM

Hey man, it isn't occupy wall street in here. Lots of profit earned in the free market is a truly wonderful thing.

Mintpal shuting its doors with other peoples money isn't profit. While mintpal was up and running, noone gave a shit about them making profits.

Dude, interpret it however you want. All I am saying, we (including myself) often forget why we are here in the first place. With the skill sets that most people here have, we could be making way more money if we chose to work for corporate giants or the government. But there was a reason why we picked this path.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 09:13:13 AM

And yet, mention increasing the reward split per block in favour of Masternodes, which provide a useful service, and ask miners to justify their current 80% cut when they have shown again and again that they are more a liability than anything else, and behold the frothing outrage of the self-righteous GPU-thrashing instadumpers...  Grin

Miners should be under direct MN control by making MNs the only pools you can mine at.

thefrog

Activity: 393
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 09:45:05 AM

And yet, mention increasing the reward split per block in favour of Masternodes, which provide a useful service, and ask miners to justify their current 80% cut when they have shown again and again that they are more a liability than anything else, and behold the frothing outrage of the self-righteous GPU-thrashing instadumpers...  Grin

Miners should be under direct MN control by making MNs the only pools you can mine at.

You are aware of the fact that we ALREADY have a solution for greedy pools and pool operators, right ?
It's called p2pool network. Decentralized, you can run your own node, you don't have to rely on pool operators as you mine directly to your wallet, and IT'S MORE PROFITABLE long term, just check the statistics.
And yes, MN's could run p2pool node too. It's just pure ignorance and laziness of miners that they mine on central pools.
In p2pool you can have any of the nodes as backup(s), so you don't lose any shares if one node goes down.
eahmadov

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 10:04:51 AM

And yet, mention increasing the reward split per block in favour of Masternodes, which provide a useful service, and ask miners to justify their current 80% cut when they have shown again and again that they are more a liability than anything else, and behold the frothing outrage of the self-righteous GPU-thrashing instadumpers...  Grin

You are aware of the fact that we ALREADY have a solution for greedy pools and pool operators, right ?
It's called p2pool network. Decentralized, you can run your own node, you don't have to rely on pool operators as you mine directly to your wallet, and IT'S MORE PROFITABLE long term, just check the statistics.
And yes, MN's could run p2pool node too. It's just pure ignorance and laziness of miners that they mine on central pools.
In p2pool you can have any of the nodes as backup(s), so you don't lose any shares if one node goes down.

We can identify the wallet addresses of all the mines that mine on central pools, right? Maybe it is time to send them 0.0001 drk with a message :"Try p2pool, it is decentralized and it is more profitable"
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 10:43:17 AM

coinotroncom wrote:

Thanks we will update pool wallet in 2-3 days.

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 10:49:59 AM

And yet, mention increasing the reward split per block in favour of Masternodes, which provide a useful service, and ask miners to justify their current 80% cut when they have shown again and again that they are more a liability than anything else, and behold the frothing outrage of the self-righteous GPU-thrashing instadumpers...  Grin

Believe me I'm well aware of p2pool and its advantages, I mine on it and encourage everyone to do the same. IMO p2pool should be mandatory, it's in everyone's best interests. Smiley

Trouble is, p2pool nodes have to update as well... having MNs operate as either regular pools or p2pool nodes and requiring miners to mine on them and nowhere else would solve the tardy/greedy pool problem as well as the need for enforcement of anything.

MN op doesn't update, MN op doesn't get paid.
defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 10:54:15 AM

I want to set up a testnet masternode.

Can i use onyx and just add testnet=1 to the .conf ?
eahmadov

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 10:55:14 AM

coinotroncom wrote:

Thanks we will update pool wallet in 2-3 days.

I guess this can be also considered good news. At least they didn't say "in 2-3 business days" like fucking banks always say Cheesy  Hopefully, they will stick to their promise and update on Monday.

Any news from wafflepool?
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 10:56:36 AM

Yes. And open port 19999 for testnet.
eahmadov

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 10:58:25 AM

I don't like this red pool  Huh 

I think it is getting higher on the list.

defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 10:59:48 AM

port=19999 in .conf?
eahmadov

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 11:00:38 AM

port=19999 in .conf?

no, in remote server
defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 11:01:23 AM

port=19999 in .conf?

no, in remote server

Yep ok
gadado

Activity: 965
Merit: 515

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 11:18:18 AM

What is the entry that I have to do in the .conf to disable the darksend?

I always faked a masternode config to have it disabled but that's an ugly workaround. I guess or hope there is a config parameter for just doing that.

EsBitcoin.org

Activity: 167

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 11:23:34 AM

Where can i see this list??
Is updated everyday?
Thanks!
defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 11:29:33 AM

If i set up a account on Vultr and run a testnet masternode, can i then get rid of the testnet node and run a mainnet node on the same instance?
eahmadov

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 11:34:25 AM

Where can i see this list??
Is updated everyday?
Thanks!

It still needs to be updated but for now yellow pools mean they updated to ONYX. When elbereth updates the drk.mn then correct pools will be green again.

https://drk.mn/blocks.html
UdjinM6
Legendary

Activity: 1318
Merit: 1040

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2014, 11:36:21 AM

What is the entry that I have to do in the .conf to disable the darksend?

I always faked a masternode config to have it disabled but that's an ugly workaround. I guess or hope there is a config parameter for just doing that.

well.. for daemon there is a command line option

-disabledarksend=<n>      Disable use of automated darksend for funds stored in this wallet (0-1, default: 1)

I believe you can use it in conf too (without "-" of course)

If i set up a account on Vultr and run a testnet masternode, can i then get rid of the testnet node and run a mainnet node on the same instance?

You need to comment out "testnet=1", regenerate masternodeprivkey and put it in both remote and local config, send 1000 DRK to local wallet and issue masternode start command. And don't forget to open port 9999 instead of 19999.

DASH: XsV4GHVKGTjQFvwB7c6mYsGV3Mxf7iser6
Pages: « 1 ... 3228 3229 3230 3231 3232 3233 3234 3235 3236 3237 3238 3239 3240 3241 3242 3243 3244 3245 3246 3247 3248 3249 3250 3251 3252 3253 3254 3255 3256 3257 3258 3259 3260 3261 3262 3263 3264 3265 3266 3267 3268 3269 3270 3271 3272 3273 3274 3275 3276 3277 [3278] 3279 3280 3281 3282 3283 3284 3285 3286 3287 3288 3289 3290 3291 3292 3293 3294 3295 3296 3297 3298 3299 3300 3301 3302 3303 3304 3305 3306 3307 3308 3309 3310 3311 3312 3313 3314 3315 3316 3317 3318 3319 3320 3321 3322 3323 3324 3325 3326 3327 3328 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: