Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 02:21:12 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3229 3230 3231 3232 3233 3234 3235 3236 3237 3238 3239 3240 3241 3242 3243 3244 3245 3246 3247 3248 3249 3250 3251 3252 3253 3254 3255 3256 3257 3258 3259 3260 3261 3262 3263 3264 3265 3266 3267 3268 3269 3270 3271 3272 3273 3274 3275 3276 3277 3278 [3279] 3280 3281 3282 3283 3284 3285 3286 3287 3288 3289 3290 3291 3292 3293 3294 3295 3296 3297 3298 3299 3300 3301 3302 3303 3304 3305 3306 3307 3308 3309 3310 3311 3312 3313 3314 3315 3316 3317 3318 3319 3320 3321 3322 3323 3324 3325 3326 3327 3328 3329 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722705 times)
gadado

Activity: 965
Merit: 515

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 11:46:40 AM

What is the entry that I have to do in the .conf to disable the darksend?

I always faked a masternode config to have it disabled but that's an ugly workaround. I guess or hope there is a config parameter for just doing that.

well.. for daemon there is a command line option

-disabledarksend=<n>      Disable use of automated darksend for funds stored in this wallet (0-1, default: 1)

I believe you can use it in conf too (without "-" of course)

Thanks but it's not working.

I digged into the files too in the meantime and found this:

init.cpp:

"\n" + _("Darksend options:") + "\n" +
        "  -disabledarksend=<n>      "   + _("Disable use of automated darksend for funds stored in this wallet (0-1, default: 1)") + "\n" +
        "  -enabledaemondarksend=<n>      "   + _("Darksend is not usually enabled in daemon mode (0-1, default: 1)") + "\n" +
        "  -darksendrounds=<n>      "   + _("Use N separate masternodes to anonymize funds  (2-8, default: 2)") + "\n" +
        "  -anonymizedarkcoinamount=<n>      "   + _("Keep N darkcoin anonymized (default: 0)") + "\n" +

so according to my logic understanding this 2 entries should do it:

disabledarksend = 1
enabledaemondarksend = 0

but I still see the start anonymity button and I don't know if it starts auto anoynmize my coins I send there which I want to prevenet

I would like to have the wallet in the same safe disabled state as with

masternode = 1
masternodeprivkey = <thekeyyouhavetogenerate>

(which disables the anonymity feature inclusive the start anonymity button.)

that it requires a valid masternode key is a bit a troubleing point for me when setting up multiple new wallets which seems to become required or the rule with every new release :/
Ignition75

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 11:59:37 AM

What we are seeing is an interesting experiment about human nature. When crypto was first invented most of the people who got involved with it were privacy conscious libertarian geeks who hated the monopoly of rich bankers. These geeks saw these bankers as greedy bastards who didn't give a shit about anything but their profit..

And then things moved faster..crypto started to gain popularity and greater adoption. Each of these new coins started to address a particular problem that the society was struggling with and some were just useless crap created to con people. But these previously liberty loving geeks who hated greedy bankers and their wars, and government bureaucracy and so on became completely different people now. Some of them were running centralized exchanges and gambling with ordinary people's money. Other started to setup pools caring only about profit and nothing else. Without knowing, they become just like the greedy bankers they once hated.

So i gave up asking the pools to update anymore. i think the solution should involve not begging any greedy pool anymore who cares about profit but nothing more. We can come up with a better way of getting things done so that the amazing ideas behind Darkcoin (privacy, freedoms from greedy bankers and tyranny etc) can continue to live.

Gentlemen, let's not forget:

"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." -Friedrich Nietzsche

Now that...Is quite possibly the most insightful post I've read in a very long time...

I used to be one of those greedy bankers... Yes we looked down at the Libertarians like they were "have nots" who, given the same opportunities in life, would be no different to us...

The truth is... Somewhere in the middle... My conscience is a lot clearer now I turned by back on banks, I'm sleeping a lot better at night and I'm slowly accumulating as much DRK as my resources allow...

It's not about standing on a side of the fence hurling judgement, it's about becoming the change you want to see in the world.

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
Laxdude7691

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 12:15:52 PM

I am feeling a little frustrated and disappointed these days as far as what kind of MN payments I'm getting. I was late updating to the security update and made a bunch of coins over a few days. Starting to wonder about updating right away as the miners don't seem to be in any hurry. Anyways I got lots of patience but I hope this gets better because the incentive to own/operate a MN at this point doesn't seem worth it. Maybe the "pimp hand" needs to hit a little bit harder?
Ignition75

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 12:18:52 PM

What we are seeing is an interesting experiment about human nature. When crypto was first invented most of the people who got involved with it were privacy conscious libertarian geeks who hated the monopoly of rich bankers. These geeks saw these bankers as greedy bastards who didn't give a shit about anything but their profit..

And then things moved faster..crypto started to gain popularity and greater adoption. Each of these new coins started to address a particular problem that the society was struggling with and some were just useless crap created to con people. But these previously liberty loving geeks who hated greedy bankers and their wars, and government bureaucracy and so on became completely different people now. Some of them were running centralized exchanges and gambling with ordinary people's money. Other started to setup pools caring only about profit and nothing else. Without knowing, they become just like the greedy bankers they once hated.

So i gave up asking the pools to update anymore. i think the solution should involve not begging any greedy pool anymore who cares about profit but nothing more. We can come up with a better way of getting things done so that the amazing ideas behind Darkcoin (privacy, freedoms from greedy bankers and tyranny etc) can continue to live.

Hey man, it isn't occupy wall street in here. Lots of profit earned in the free market is a truly wonderful thing.
Bankers making profit direct from tax payers? No free market there.

Mintpal shuting its doors with other peoples money isn't profit. While mintpal was up and running, noone gave a shit about them making profits.

And yet, mention increasing the reward split per block in favour of Masternodes, which provide a useful service, and ask miners to justify their current 80% cut when they have shown again and again that they are more a liability than anything else, and behold the frothing outrage of the self-righteous GPU-thrashing instadumpers...  Grin

Miners should be under direct MN control by making MNs the only pools you can mine at.

LoL!

Who are you calling a frothing self-righteous GPU-thrashing instadumper???

That's a brilliant idea by the way, how do we make P2Masternode?

splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 12:26:02 PM

coinotroncom wrote:

Thanks we will update pool wallet in 2-3 days.

I guess this can be also considered good news. At least they didn't say "in 2-3 business days" like fucking banks always say Cheesy  Hopefully, they will stick to their promise and update on Monday.

Any news from wafflepool?
not yet. Once I'll have info will post here....

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 12:33:07 PM

Gentlemen, let's not forget:

"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." -Friedrich Nietzsche

Now that...Is quite possibly the most insightful post I've read in a very long time...

I used to be one of those greedy bankers... Yes we looked down at the Libertarians like they were "have nots" who, given the same opportunities in life, would be no different to us...

The truth is... Somewhere in the middle... My conscience is a lot clearer now I turned by back on banks, I'm sleeping a lot better at night and I'm slowly accumulating as much DRK as my resources allow...

It's not about standing on a side of the fence hurling judgement, it's about becoming the change you want to see in the world.

very nice post
and very good honest comment ! tx guys

i was never a banker and never wanted to be one !

and yes i see what you are talking about happening to BTC and maybe in
DRK .... greed !!! we gotta keep that in check on all sides ! Miners, MN holder,
investors ..... that greed will make us all (including the whole Crypto Industry
no better than the Banking world !
That greed will kill the whole Crypto Industry eventually !
so please everybody keep that in check ! (and in the back of your head!)
splawik21
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 12:35:18 PM

Ooo today in the morning sent info to ciinmine.pl on email.
Looks like they are ONYXed Smiley

Great! Wink

Ignition75

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 12:41:11 PM

Great! Wink

Splawik, you always work so hard after we have a protocol change with our Masternodes.

Do you think we should come up with a process that we initiate lets say 48 hours prior to a new release?

splawik21
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 12:50:33 PM

Great x2
UPDATED TO ONYX

Suchpool
darkcointalkorg
multipoolus
coinminepl
darkcoinboxru
drkcif8com

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
TO UPDATE

wafglepool informed
coinotron informed
miningpoolhub informed
trademybit informed
xhashnet
xpool informed
ghashio

splawik21
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 12:53:26 PM

Great! Wink

Splawik, you always work so hard after we have a protocol change with our Masternodes.

Do you think we should come up with a process that we initiate lets say 48 hours prior to a new release?

For a good for all MNs operators Smiley

Good idea informing ~48h before --» Keep an eye on #darkcoin new wallet update. Let the dark be with you!

Something like this ...

Ignition75

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 12:54:56 PM

Great! Wink

Good idea informing ~48h before --» Keep an eye on #darkcoin new wallet update. Let the dark be with you!

Something like this ...

I'm sure there is a list of pool operators you are maintaining, I will help you next time.

thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 12:58:46 PM

Hey man, it isn't occupy wall street in here. Lots of profit earned in the free market is a truly wonderful thing.
Bankers making profit direct from tax payers? No free market there.

Mintpal shuting its doors with other peoples money isn't profit. While mintpal was up and running, noone gave a shit about them making profits.

And yet, mention increasing the reward split per block in favour of Masternodes, which provide a useful service, and ask miners to justify their current 80% cut when they have shown again and again that they are more a liability than anything else, and behold the frothing outrage of the self-righteous GPU-thrashing instadumpers...  Grin

Miners should be under direct MN control by making MNs the only pools you can mine at.

LoL!

Who are you calling a frothing self-righteous GPU-thrashing instadumper???

That's a brilliant idea by the way, how do we make P2Masternode?

You know the type... Wink

I think miners are important, I've never said otherwise, but it makes no difference to miners who actually wish to support Darkcoin whether they are mining on a 3rd party pool or a MN pool, except that the MN pool is likely to be updated faster, and following the rules - and those rules add long term value to the coin. Sure, it would piss off the instadumpers who wouldn't be able to cheat the system, but, well, sod them.

As to how exactly it could be implemented, I have no idea off the top of my head, but I'm sure Evan and team could do it if they wanted to.
Ignition75

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 01:05:57 PM

I think miners are important, I've never said otherwise, but it makes no difference to miners who actually wish to support Darkcoin whether they are mining on a 3rd party pool or a MN pool, except that the MN pool is likely to be updated faster, and following the rules - and those rules add long term value to the coin. Sure, it would piss off the instadumpers who wouldn't be able to cheat the system, but, well, sod them.

As to how exactly it could be implemented, I have no idea off the top of my head, but I'm sure Evan and team could do it if they wanted to.

I agree with what you are trying to achieve.

The biggest hurdle will be the Mum and Dad casual miners and the n00bs, at first, a concept like P2Pool or P2Masternode would scare a lot of people off.  When you  compare that to a pool where people can read instructions, see a hashrate, have a nice friendly gui (minep.it) and sometimes talk to other miners.

If we could replicate all the user friendliness and create a similar entry point, but have the masternodes running the show in the background, then that might work.

xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 01:07:34 PM

Where can I find the total number of active MNs?

In summary, the Intel Management Engine and its applications are a backdoor with total access to and control over the rest of the PC. The ME is a threat to freedom, security, and privacy, and the libreboot project strongly recommends avoiding it entirely. Since recent versions of it can’t be removed, this means avoiding all recent generations of Intel hardware. details https://libreboot.org/faq.html#intelme --- https://tehnoetic.com/laptops --- https://store.vikings.net/x200-ryf-certfied
eahmadov

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 01:11:08 PM

Where can I find the total number of active MNs?

in your wallet console type "masternode count" or "masternode list"
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 01:13:59 PM

What is the entry that I have to do in the .conf to disable the darksend?

I always faked a masternode config to have it disabled but that's an ugly workaround. I guess or hope there is a config parameter for just doing that.

well.. for daemon there is a command line option

-disabledarksend=<n>      Disable use of automated darksend for funds stored in this wallet (0-1, default: 1)

I believe you can use it in conf too (without "-" of course)

Thanks but it's not working.

I digged into the files too in the meantime and found this:

init.cpp:

"\n" + _("Darksend options:") + "\n" +
        "  -disabledarksend=<n>      "   + _("Disable use of automated darksend for funds stored in this wallet (0-1, default: 1)") + "\n" +
        "  -enabledaemondarksend=<n>      "   + _("Darksend is not usually enabled in daemon mode (0-1, default: 1)") + "\n" +
        "  -darksendrounds=<n>      "   + _("Use N separate masternodes to anonymize funds  (2-8, default: 2)") + "\n" +
        "  -anonymizedarkcoinamount=<n>      "   + _("Keep N darkcoin anonymized (default: 0)") + "\n" +

so according to my logic understanding this 2 entries should do it:

disabledarksend = 1
enabledaemondarksend = 0

but I still see the start anonymity button and I don't know if it starts auto anoynmize my coins I send there which I want to prevenet

I would like to have the wallet in the same safe disabled state as with

masternode = 1
masternodeprivkey = <thekeyyouhavetogenerate>

(which disables the anonymity feature inclusive the start anonymity button.)

that it requires a valid masternode key is a bit a troubleing point for me when setting up multiple new wallets which seems to become required or the rule with every new release :/

The QT wallet is disabled by default and doesn't start unless you press the anon button. Further, multiple masternodes needing individual config files is fine--just launch the wallet for the masternode with the -conf=LOCATION OF CONFIG FILE
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 01:14:14 PM

The biggest hurdle will be the Mum and Dad casual miners and the n00bs, at first, a concept like P2Pool or P2Masternode would scare a lot of people off.  When you  compare that to a pool where people can read instructions, see a hashrate, have a nice friendly gui (minep.it) and sometime talk to other miners.

If we could replicate all the user friendliness and create a similar entry point, but have the masternodes running the show in the background, then that might work.

Well, arguably it's easier to use p2pool than a centralised pool, all you need is your DRK address and an IP to point your miner at, no registration, no username etc. And p2pool web interfaces can and do have all the same nice GUI stuff as centralised pools.

I don't think it would be any harder for anyone, and MN pools (as p2pool nodes or otherwise) could even have a nice simple UI integrated into the wallet at some point down the line. Might get a bunch more people mining. Smiley

splawik21
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 01:21:00 PM

Great! Wink

Something like this ...

I'm sure there is a list of pool operators you are maintaining, I will help you next time.
Thnx

Ignition75

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 01:25:48 PM

The biggest hurdle will be the Mum and Dad casual miners and the n00bs, at first, a concept like P2Pool or P2Masternode would scare a lot of people off.  When you  compare that to a pool where people can read instructions, see a hashrate, have a nice friendly gui (minep.it) and sometime talk to other miners.

Well, arguably it's easier to use p2pool than a centralised pool, all you need is your DRK address and an IP to point your miner at, no registration, no username etc. And p2pool web interfaces can and do have all the same nice GUI stuff as centralised pools.

I don't think it would be any harder for anyone, and MN pools (as p2pool nodes or otherwise) could even have a nice simple UI integrated into the wallet at some point down the line. Might get a bunch more people mining. Smiley

Ya but in reality, most P2Pool interfaces are minimal and sketchy, looking for a VTC P2Pool to connect to when I was a Crypto n00b took me back to the days of BBS and 14.4k modems and I was turned away... I settled for the comfort of a robust looking centralised pool, because it had all the marketing bullshit on the front page...

Having a GUI in the wallet is a fab idea.  You need to write all your ideas down mate, the CroutonChronicles  Cheesy

thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 01:35:04 PM

Having a GUI in the wallet is a fab idea.  You need to write all your ideas down mate, the CroutonChronicles  Cheesy

I prefer not to incriminate myself any more than necessary.  Lips sealed

However, my quest to make MN administration even easier continues:

Pages: « 1 ... 3229 3230 3231 3232 3233 3234 3235 3236 3237 3238 3239 3240 3241 3242 3243 3244 3245 3246 3247 3248 3249 3250 3251 3252 3253 3254 3255 3256 3257 3258 3259 3260 3261 3262 3263 3264 3265 3266 3267 3268 3269 3270 3271 3272 3273 3274 3275 3276 3277 3278 [3279] 3280 3281 3282 3283 3284 3285 3286 3287 3288 3289 3290 3291 3292 3293 3294 3295 3296 3297 3298 3299 3300 3301 3302 3303 3304 3305 3306 3307 3308 3309 3310 3311 3312 3313 3314 3315 3316 3317 3318 3319 3320 3321 3322 3323 3324 3325 3326 3327 3328 3329 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: