Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:09:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 [392] 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661421 times)
utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 01:26:36 PM

hello. One question:
Can i wait for launch and claim my stake directly in nemcoin with less hassle (one-click-solution) later or do i have to claim the stake via those tokens? Is claiming tokens obligatory? Do i miss out on something if i don't claim tokens? (i want to hold nem for longterm, no need to trade them immediately for me)
Do i understand right that claiming those tokens has the sole prurpose to enable trading before launch or did i miss something?
Thanks for short answer.

Claiming tokens is optional. You won't miss anything if you don't claim tokens on the NXT AE. 

I doubt that claiming your stake the "traditional" way will be a one-click-solution. How do you suppose that would work ?

thx
I thought there would be a nem-software to download later that would work similar like a bitcoin-wallet? No?

Of course there'll be a wallet but how does that claim your stake ? Anyone can use the wallet so you can't just include stakes in wallets.

so how will stakes be claimed after launch?

The likely process of receiving your NEM is that you open a wallet in NEM client (NCC) which should be available before the launch and send us the address via PM. We will distribute NEM to that address on the launch day.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
instacalm

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 01:31:55 PM

utopianfuture, I haven't been around for a long time, hope you're all well.

what's the state of development?
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 01:36:50 PM

utopianfuture, I haven't been around for a long time, hope you're all well.

what's the state of development?

Still doing POI tuning + integration. Closed Alpha this weekend and if it goes smoothly, there will be an ETA for an open Alpha soon.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
jenea4pda

Activity: 382
Merit: 250

Iota and JINN

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 01:38:42 PM

Chris001!
You have very good signature! I will steal it from you!

Thanks

www.iotatoken.com                      https://twitter.com/iotatoken
Iota is a brand new and novel micro-transaction cryptotoken optimized for the Internet-of-Things (IoT). Unlike the complex and heavy blockchains of Bitcoin and the like, which were designed with other uses in mind, Iota is created to be as lightweight as possible, hence the name "Iota" with emphasis on the ‘IoT’ part.
gustav

Merit: 500

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 02:03:17 PM

hello. One question:
Can i wait for launch and claim my stake directly in nemcoin with less hassle (one-click-solution) later or do i have to claim the stake via those tokens? Is claiming tokens obligatory? Do i miss out on something if i don't claim tokens? (i want to hold nem for longterm, no need to trade them immediately for me)
Do i understand right that claiming those tokens has the sole prurpose to enable trading before launch or did i miss something?
Thanks for short answer.

In that case you should wait for the official launch because you can receive NEM earlier (probably on the launch day depending on the logistics). Token owners will receive their NEM two weeks after the official launch.    

ok, thanks.
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 02:10:37 PM

Gustuv.

Pay out of nem coins, the real ones, will be automated. You will just have to send your tokens to a nxt address along with a nem account number in a message attached and your real coins will be sent to you. If you have .1 tokens you will get .1 of a nem stake in real coins. .1 is a tenth of a stake so 156k coins.

That's  incorrect. 1 Nemstake = 1 million NEM. 1/10 stake (100.000 NEM) is the smallest unit you can trade in asset exchange.

oh sorry. i thought it was 1.56.. was sure i read it somehwere.. anyway thats ok.. makes allot more sence now being 1 stake = 1 token thus being able to trade 100 coins at once. much simpler, thanks

why will we get ours 2 weeks after launch?Huh

I'm guessing we'll distribute the "regular" stakes first and that will take quite a bit of time.

Soadan
Copper Member

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 02:36:29 PM

Gustuv.

Pay out of nem coins, the real ones, will be automated. You will just have to send your tokens to a nxt address along with a nem account number in a message attached and your real coins will be sent to you. If you have .1 tokens you will get .1 of a nem stake in real coins. .1 is a tenth of a stake so 156k coins.

That's  incorrect. 1 Nemstake = 1 million NEM. 1/10 stake (100.000 NEM) is the smallest unit you can trade in asset exchange.

oh sorry. i thought it was 1.56.. was sure i read it somehwere.. anyway thats ok.. makes allot more sence now being 1 stake = 1 token thus being able to trade 100 coins at once. much simpler, thanks

100 thousand nem, not 100.
shaman2000

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 02:36:47 PM

Hi Guys!

I think that NEM asset exchange is very clever idea!

NEM wallet looking fantastic!

NEM: New Economy Movement site || Nem on Facebook: || Nem Official moderated BTT Thread: || Nem Official forum:
You still can be a Nem Investor/StakeHolder. Take a look here and stakes are negotiated on NXT asset Exchange here. We are waiting YOU!!!!
conbos

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 02:43:49 PM

Hi all!
I had been less active than before, but continously reading this thread. The idea of transfer NEM stakes to the NXT AE is a nice idea, but I confess that I cannot judge if it is convinient to do it or not. What can be he pros and cons of such decision? Has anyone some ideas?
Thanks in advance!

New Economy Movement (N.E.M.) Supporter
http://www.ournem.com
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 03:00:33 PM

Gustuv.

I'm guessing we'll distribute the "regular" stakes first and that will take quite a bit of time.

But pay outs of nem tokens will be automated. Ao send total nem needed to where ever it needs to be to fund token withdrawls and let it run while distributing normal stake holders. It would actually be more efficient if everyone used the tokens. Whyleave token holders til the end if all ya gota do is send one bulk transaction to fund auto withdrawls?

If people know the token stakes are guna be sent automatically, and do that first. More people will do that just to get their stake before those with regular stakes. Thus less normal stakes to distribute so it woulbe faster for ose who really dont want to use nem.

@soadan. In that case i stand by my previous post a page or 2 back about 1 stake one asset. Its retarded. What if near the end or half way or after alpha stakes  are 5btc, thats a minimum buy in limit of .5 btc... TOTALLY DEFEATS THE PURPOSE!

I was just guessing and I haven't really looked into the AE much so maybe UP has a different reason.

utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 03:14:39 PM

Gustuv.

That's  incorrect. 1 Nemstake = 1 million NEM. 1/10 stake (100.000 NEM) is the smallest unit you can trade in asset exchange.

But pay outs of nem tokens will be automated. Ao send total nem needed to where ever it needs to be to fund token withdrawls and let it run while distributing normal stake holders. It would actually be more efficient if everyone used the tokens. Whyleave token holders til the end if all ya gota do is send one bulk transaction to fund auto withdrawls?

If people know the token stakes are guna be sent automatically, and do that first. More people will do that just to get their stake before those with regular stakes. Thus less normal stakes to distribute so it woulbe faster for ose who really dont want to use nem.

@soadan. In that case i stand by my previous post a page or 2 back about 1 stake one asset. Its retarded. What if near the end or half way or after alpha stakes  are 5btc, thats a minimum buy in limit of .5 btc... TOTALLY DEFEATS THE PURPOSE! it prevents the people with below the amount required to buy .1 of a stake to buy in.. many many people wont be able to buy in with that sort of money!

Gimre, our chief scientist said 1 token divided by 10 should be maximum. The logistics could be a nightmare otherwise. Since you don't code, stop talking like you know about automaton.  

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 03:20:24 PM

Gimre, our chief scientist said 1 token divided by 10 should be maximum. The logistics could be a nightmare otherwise. Since you don't code, stop talking like you know about automaton.  

Totally agree with this, any more division would be such a headache to deal with on launch.
TauMuon

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

NEM Enthusiast

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 06:44:03 PM

utopianfuture:
specify when will be the first auction.
very interesting what will be the cut-off price share.

The first auction will be during the open Alpha, which has no ETA just yet - likely 2-3 weeks.

NEM - New Economy Movement - http://blog.nem.io/overview/ | www.reddit.com/r/nem | https://www.facebook.com/ourNEM | https://twitter.com/nemcoin
Built from the Ground up with 100% Original Code | A Second-Generation Crypto, Radically Improved over Bitcoin | Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:26:57 PM

It has been changed: www.ournem.com; I dropped charity for friendship (is comradeship better) because I think the latter is better for our goal. Charity is very good and we will do a bunch of them but it could be at more individual level imo. 

A new economy based on the principles of financial freedom, decentralization, equality and friendship.

The world we live in could be made better. We could make trade and finance fairer when we use a decentralized currency and reduce the influence of the established capital. We could prevent the corruption of centralized power when we embrace grassroots movement and decentralization. We could support the the principle of equality to give all people a fair chance in life. We could transform the boss-employee hierarchical relationship in most conventional working environments to one where people are partners and friends and making decisions in a democratic fashion. NEM community advances its ideas and projects via Nemcoin premier decentralized technological platform.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:31:45 PM

Fair enough, why didnt you just say that sooner? If it was automated would you not just record the amount in and do an out transaction of real nem for the same amount?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=426303.msg6836490#msg6836490

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
Parana

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Step into a world!! A P2P world!

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:34:06 PM

It has been changed: www.ournem.com; I dropped charity for friendship (is comradeship better) because I think the latter is better for our goal. Charity is very good and we will do a bunch of them but it could be at more individual level imo.  

A new economy based on the principles of financial freedom, decentralization, equality and friendship.

The world we live in could be made better. We could make trade and finance fairer when we use a decentralized currency and reduce the influence of the established capital. We could prevent the corruption of centralized power when we embrace grassroots movement and decentralization. We could support the the principle of equality to give all people a fair chance in life. We could transform the boss-employee hierarchical relationship in most conventional working environments to one where people are partners and friends and making decisions in a democratic fashion. NEM community advances its ideas and projects via Nemcoin premier decentralized technological platform.

/clap  Grin!!!

maruosch

Activity: 38

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:50:49 PM

Question: Can an asset token be traded in nxt? The other assets, shown at the nxt client can be traded in nxt.
maruosch

Activity: 38

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:52:16 PM

/clap  Grin!!!

But...what is the difference to nxt?;-)
gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 08:15:35 PM

Fair enough, why didnt you just say that sooner? If it was automated would you not just record the amount in and do an out transaction of real nem for the same amount?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=426303.msg6836490#msg6836490

"let's say your stake would be equal to 10 NEM tokens"

this says that tokens can be broken down to 1/10 of a stake..(100k nem) nothing more.. so my statements still stands..

Which statement?

kodtycoon, you're doing good job for community and I don't want to argue with you, but 1/10 of a stake is minimum that you'll be able to trade.

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 08:19:45 PM

/clap  Grin!!!

But...what is the difference to nxt?;-)

I hope the difference will be in the things we do, not words Smiley

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 ... 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 [392] 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: