Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:44:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 [342] 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661420 times)
gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 08:30:45 AM

Oscar awards? Then you must thank god.

Hahaha, that made me laugh really hard Cheesy

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dwma

Activity: 405
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 08:44:32 AM

Has anyone went through and looked at which POS paying multipools are the most successful?  I've never seen one very successful except blackcoinpool.  Which POS paying pool is #2 ?
CryptoniteToSuperman

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 09:52:23 AM

I agree here. We are trying to move away from the massive data closets of wasted energy, promoting a multipool that waste energy to get nem is something I am not supportive of.
We had the same thing at mintcoin: we are promoting sustainable development, how could this be compatible with multipool?

Congratulation to refuse this!

Sooooo, I can explain this but not in one short post.  I will qoute Martin Luther King Jr. who was well versed in learning how to fight a system that he disagreed with.  In the Letter from Birmingham Jail, he goes on to explain why this needs to be done.  This letter was widely read and very influential in him winning the Nobel Peace Prize.  Basically, if there is a system that we don't like, we need to do something about it.  Mining is wasteful and unproductive.  We could go and burn down the mining factories but that isn't exactly cool.  To actually join the miners and mine POS creating conflict in their system and then also try to convince other POW miners to turn and mine POS is the most non-violent way of bringing an end to the system.  Maybe sometime I will explain this in more detail, but I am very busy this week.  But basically left to their own accords without being challenged, the miners will keep on mining just as the racist whites left to their own accord would have kept on enslaving and abusing blacks. 

MLKJ said..... "You may well ask: "Why direct action? Why sit-ins, marches and so forth? Isn't negotiation a better path?" You are quite right in calling, for negotiation. Indeed, this is the very purpose of direct action. Nonviolent direct action seeks to create such a crisis and foster such a tension that a community which has constantly refused to negotiate is forced to confront the issue. It seeks to so dramatize the issue that it can no longer be ignored. My citing the creation of tension as part of the work of the nonviolent-resister may sound rather shocking. But I must confess that I am not afraid of the word "tension." I have earnestly opposed violent tension, but there is a type of constructive, nonviolent tension which is necessary for growth. Just as Socrates felt that it was necessary to create a tension in the mind so that individuals could rise from the bondage of myths and half-truths to the unfettered realm of creative analysis and objective appraisal, we must we see the need for nonviolent gadflies to create the kind of tension in society that will help men rise from the dark depths of prejudice and racism to the majestic heights of understanding and brotherhood."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Letter_from_Birmingham_Jail

If I can make a little money selling NEM after if starts, I will be willing to buy a miner and join a pool with anybody else that is willing too.  It does not have to be an official pool. 

I tend to agree with SomethingElse. The Multipool will be an advantage to Nem, at least at the beginning, it will allow us to convert miners to PoI while also helping to cleanup the crypto space. If we somehow observe that the advantage changes into a disadvantage, the multipool could be shutdown.

+1
Many other coin is doing multipool also so it is not probaply a big minus for the image of NEM and it could be closed if it turns out to be a bad thing.
Hotodamoon

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 12:01:33 PM

I agree here. We are trying to move away from the massive data closets of wasted energy, promoting a multipool that waste energy to get nem is something I am not supportive of.
We had the same thing at mintcoin: we are promoting sustainable development, how could this be compatible with multipool?

Sooooo, I can explain this but not in one short post.  I will qoute Martin Luther King Jr. who was well versed in learning how to fight a system that he disagreed with.  In the Letter from Birmingham Jail, he goes on to explain why this needs to be done.  This letter was widely read and very influential in him winning the Nobel Peace Prize.  Basically, if there is a system that we don't like, we need to do something about it.  Mining is wasteful and unproductive.  We could go and burn down the mining factories but that isn't exactly cool.  To actually join the miners and mine POS creating conflict in their system and then also try to convince other POW miners to turn and mine POS is the most non-violent way of bringing an end to the system.  Maybe sometime I will explain this in more detail, but I am very busy this week.  But basically left to their own accords without being challenged, the miners will keep on mining just as the racist whites left to their own accord would have kept on enslaving and abusing blacks. 

MLKJ said..... "You may well ask: "Why direct action? Why sit-ins, marches and so forth? Isn't negotiation a better path?" You are quite right in calling, for negotiation. Indeed, this is the very purpose of direct action. Nonviolent direct action seeks to create such a crisis and foster such a tension that a community which has constantly refused to negotiate is forced to confront the issue. It seeks to so dramatize the issue that it can no longer be ignored. My citing the creation of tension as part of the work of the nonviolent-resister may sound rather shocking. But I must confess that I am not afraid of the word "tension." I have earnestly opposed violent tension, but there is a type of constructive, nonviolent tension which is necessary for growth. Just as Socrates felt that it was necessary to create a tension in the mind so that individuals could rise from the bondage of myths and half-truths to the unfettered realm of creative analysis and objective appraisal, we must we see the need for nonviolent gadflies to create the kind of tension in society that will help men rise from the dark depths of prejudice and racism to the majestic heights of understanding and brotherhood."

If I can make a little money selling NEM after if starts, I will be willing to buy a miner and join a pool with anybody else that is willing too.  It does not have to be an official pool. 

I tend to agree with SomethingElse. The Multipool will be an advantage to Nem, at least at the beginning, it will allow us to convert miners to PoI while also helping to cleanup the crypto space. If we somehow observe that the advantage changes into a disadvantage, the multipool could be shutdown.

+1
Many other coin is doing multipool also so it is not probaply a big minus for the image of NEM and it could be closed if it turns out to be a bad thing.
Agree. multipool now is not so important.
jnuqsx

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 12:16:23 PM

BitPay announced to Bit for the currency unit, for example, payment of 9123 bits may be better than spending 0.009123 BTC let consumers look more intuitive. How about NEM?MNEM,μNEM or CNEM
Howthecoin

Activity: 31

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 12:31:58 PM

BitPay announced to Bit for the currency unit, for example, payment of 9123 bits may be better than spending 0.009123 BTC let consumers look more intuitive. How about NEM?MNEM,μNEM or CNEM
mNEM,μNEM, nNEM? no. will will stick on using the basic one.
XiaoHuli

Activity: 33

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 01:00:34 PM

We had discussion within NEM core dev, and nem core dev* is almost unanimously against multipool.

but as utopianfuture noted, there is possibility, for getting funds from ecosystem and/or promotional funds.

Having said what I said:

If you think this is good idea,you BELIEVE it it, and you think you'll find/convert enough supporters, GO FOR IT.
There's nothing we (core dev) can do to stop you.

First off, I want to thank you for all your hard work. Seriously, without you guys, we wouldn't be having this debate.

I just want to make sure that people don't misinterpret what is quoted above.

NOT EVERYONE on the dev team is against the plan.

There is obviously a dev(s) on the core team that don't have a problem with the multi-pool plan going forward, as highlighted above.

I thank you for not stopping us from moving forward with something that you are against.

I also would like to thank Utopian and yourself for making clear the use of promotional funds as well.

Oscar awards? Then you must thank god.

You are humors. I like it. Grin Grin
gsxrl3oi

Activity: 315

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 01:21:33 PM

I'm not rushing but I was wondering how much longer for the alpha to be released?
We are in May now I thought I would be out by end of April. But, I understand that things have
to be ironed out still, so yah keep up the good work. Hope we can make this happen soon.
Cheers fella NEMster  Grin
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 01:48:23 PM

Any update about the auction? Has it started yet?

not yet, probably won't start until the open Alpha since we want to avoid scam accusation.  

good idea! any plans on how the auction will be run? will you hold off on auctioning a couple stakes until just prior to nem launch? i think thats when you will get a huge amount of interest and much higher price!

edit

still looking for pledges towards the multipool!

i have a very strong plan but need pledges and a dev still.. it needs to be stand alone nem pool now in order to implement the full plan!

only 440k pledged so far 300k from 3 generous people so i think we can do much much better seeing as we have 3k stake holders!

We had discussion within NEM core dev, and nem core dev* is almost unanimously against multipool.

but as utopianfuture noted, there is possibility, for getting funds from ecosystem and/or promotional funds.

Better that we just allow folks to obtain NEM in a free market. I would support an exchange more then a multipool. But we are all free to support what we believe in. I wish you luck.

Very well i wont go ahead with it then... Il have to think of something else i can organise lol

This community needs guys like you.....nobody is stopping you with your ideas, some have differing views but others agree with you, you don't have to give up......on this particular matter

Yep. That's true. If you're passionate about that idea then make it a reality. I'm probably one of the people that were most against that idea in particular but this is a community so as long as you're not actively hurting NEM go for it. (imho)
That is not to say everyone should go around and do whatever they feel like and put NEM on it. Come up with ideas, discuss them with the community and if you find enough support go ahead with it !
If you however do something that is completely idiotic without ever getting feedback from anyone and this thing turns out to bite NEM - RUN! RUN FAST! RUN FAR! Grin

JTB800

Activity: 284

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 03:45:44 PM

Whoever is in charge of the Twitter account, please stop. It is bordering on SPAM and the only reason I say "bordering" is that I am a NEM holder. A continuous stream of posts that say almost nothing and direct people back to this thread 10 times a day is not going to convince anyone about NEM. If anything it's going to do the exact opposite.

If you have something new to say besides it's not just a currency or "it's more than a currency", then go ahead. Otherwise just stop. Likewise, if you have something to say that explains why "it's more than a currency", then do that too. But don't just keep making pronouncements that send me back to this page again and again and again.

Look, I'm sure you are trying your best, and I like your enthusiasm, but if you are trying to get people interested in NEM, then I think that you have to rethink your strategy. No one wants SPAM on their Twitter feed.
gsxrl3oi

Activity: 315

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 04:22:48 PM

I hope you guys are ready for the release of this coin. Im soooooooooooooooo excited.
spread the word guys. I believe. I am NEM.
abofj

Activity: 57

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 05:42:07 PM

+1
Agree. multipool now is not so important.

Martin Luther King Jr ...  multipool & NEM...

Hmmm... Where is a very good presentation about that kind of multipool?

patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 06:28:01 PM

I don't think everyone mining POS coins will bring down the mining industry. Most of the miners don't give a flying fart about the coin they are mining. They aren't in to support the network but to dump the coins afterwards for a profit. If they get NEM instead of btc, ltc, ftc or whatnot they will just dump NEM afterwards.
I don't see how on earth that would create "conflict in their system". Can you elaborate on that ?

DynhoSts

Activity: 266

day trader mode "on"

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 06:32:44 PM

when will update the final list ?
upekha

Activity: 183

TDTPJR-P5SGXY-UU2OS6-BPTUV4-NJYQFT-6CWYZP-IA2W

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 08:36:31 PM

my intuition tells me the alpha isnt far away ... Smiley

NEM - New Economy Movement
TauMuon

Activity: 224

NEM Enthusiast

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 08:40:21 PM

when will update the final list ?

At some point between now and the inevitable heat death of the universe. Hope this helps.

In all seriousness, the list will be finalised after the remaining 260 stakes have been allocated; after the 120 stakes up for auction have been allocated, and after the 120 stakes allocated to folks on the waiting list have been allocated. Considering the auction won't happen until the alpha release at least, I'd say 2 weeks minimum until the final 'official' stakeholder list is released.

For more information on stake allocation, see this post by Utopianfuture (quoted by Xtester). For more general information about NEM, see the F.A.Q.s thread on the forum here.

NEM - New Economy Movement - http://blog.nem.io/overview/ | www.reddit.com/r/nem | https://www.facebook.com/ourNEM | https://twitter.com/nemcoin
Built from the Ground up with 100% Original Code | A Second-Generation Crypto, Radically Improved over Bitcoin | Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
flyaway2sky

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 01:23:45 AM

The ones who are at the waiting list with priority 1, and don't want to invest, can give the chance to me?

kjadB

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 01:28:27 AM

If NEM includes an exchange (which I think it does) will this only be crypto, or will fiat be an option too? Also, will NEM be tradeable on the NXT asset exchange? I know NXT is planning on having doge and bitcoin - will they be able to add NEM too?
thanks
Flattering Flatulants

Activity: 47

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 03:01:43 AM

Looking to buy waiting list spots. If you're on the waiting list and want to sell your stake along with your forum account I'll pay 0.2btc for it. Pm me if interested.
pkuqsq

Activity: 183

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 04:48:51 AM

my intuition tells me the alpha isnt far away ... Smiley
+1 Smiley

The future has come
Pages: « 1 ... 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 [342] 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: