Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:09:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 [436] 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ethereum: Welcome to the Beginning  (Read 2003990 times)
roselee
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 05:50:30 PM

Any hardfork that invalidates transactions destroys reputation and trust. Period. These two concepts are the cornerstone if you are trying to break into the financial big league.

If anther contract has a flaw tomorrow, who plays God that will decide who lives and who dies?

I tend to not agree on the whole " reputation " and " trust " negative shove on things.

ALL I SEE - Is positive turn on things presented in front of us.

They would be cleaning up their " reputation" by stopping a hacker from stealing the communities coins.

They would be also building the " trust " of the community, proving they wont let the bad guys get away with junk like this.

You seem to just be assuming this and that Jc12345.

Not clear and focused thoughts my man.

Cheers,

MasterTrader777

Unfortunately it is not about what you think (or I for that matter) but what the world's businesses, financial systems and markets think.

The world's financial system is built on trust and robustness and reputation is the name of the game. Things that threaten the integrity and stability of the financial system is frowned upon. The system hates uncertainty and will avoid it like the plague. Business wants to know that if a transaction is done and a contract is created, irrespective of if it is a good transaction or a bad, that the "system" cannot be manipulated to change that. A robust financial system will have controls in place to be able to stop a transaction from happening or to block funds before it is too late. If the money is gone though then it is gone, unless there are other ways to recover it through law enforcement or if the hacker can be convinced to pay it back. If a theft in a financial system exposes a flaw, then improve the system going forward to prevent it from re-occurring which is fine. If you get caught with your pants down, take one for the team and the system moves on with integrity, trust and robustness intact.

Even if one argues it is a good thing that people get their money back, it is not the best in the bigger scheme of things. Once mega business sees that the past can be changed, they will lose trust in the system. Remember that a party takes a position based on inforamtion at hand. If they want to take a serious position to the one side they need strong assurances that underlying things will not happen that pushes the outcome to the other side. Otherwise they will just take positions that sits on the fence or move elsewhere.

If eth wants to compete with the mega word financial systems and markets, then the DAO funds is a drop in the ocean. it is not worth it to sacrifice the war to win a battle. I dont think it can be clearer and more focused than that.
totaly agree and id ad
the"can" option that is added right now will also do damage
in the future big biz that is maybe to big to fail ? might ask for a folk too ? what then?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
p4r4m0un7

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 06:39:01 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O5fdMFKEC0

BattleField

Activity: 62
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 08:42:19 PM

Any hardfork that invalidates transactions destroys reputation and trust. Period. These two concepts are the cornerstone if you are trying to break into the financial big league.

If anther contract has a flaw tomorrow, who plays God that will decide who lives and who dies?

I tend to not agree on the whole " reputation " and " trust " negative shove on things.

They would be cleaning up their " reputation" by stopping a hacker from stealing the communities coins.

They would be also building the " trust " of the community, proving they wont let the bad guys get away with junk like this.

Cheers,

MasterTrader777

Unfortunately it is not about what you think (or I for that matter) but what the world's businesses, financial systems and markets think.

The world's financial system is built on trust and robustness and reputation is the name of the game. Things that threaten the integrity and stability of the financial system is frowned upon. The system hates uncertainty and will avoid it like the plague. Business wants to know that if a transaction is done and a contract is created, irrespective of if it is a good transaction or a bad, that the "system" cannot be manipulated to change that. A robust financial system will have controls in place to be able to stop a transaction from happening or to block funds before it is too late. If the money is gone though then it is gone, unless there are other ways to recover it through law enforcement or if the hacker can be convinced to pay it back. If a theft in a financial system exposes a flaw, then improve the system going forward to prevent it from re-occurring which is fine. If you get caught with your pants down, take one for the team and the system moves on with integrity, trust and robustness intact.

Even if one argues it is a good thing that people get their money back, it is not the best in the bigger scheme of things. Once mega business sees that the past can be changed, they will lose trust in the system. Remember that a party takes a position based on inforamtion at hand. If they want to take a serious position to the one side they need strong assurances that underlying things will not happen that pushes the outcome to the other side. Otherwise they will just take positions that sits on the fence or move elsewhere.

If eth wants to compete with the mega word financial systems and markets, then the DAO funds is a drop in the ocean. it is not worth it to sacrifice the war to win a battle. I dont think it can be clearer and more focused than that.
totaly agree and id ad
in the future big biz that is maybe to big to fail ? might ask for a folk too ? what then?

The point is that the 4% "stolen" funds can do a lot damage to the Ethereum ecosystem. So it is better to take it away.
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1075

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 03:59:13 AM

SEE YA ALL AT DEVCON 2  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

http://www.blockchainweek2016.org/index_en.html
book tickets now

THE BIGGEST CRYPTO EVENT OF ALL TIME
THE BIGGEST MEETING OF SMARTEST MINDS FROM EVERY COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
THE BIGGEST FINTECH  MEETING EVER

ALL BROUGHT TO US THANKS TO ETHEREUM

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 04:01:26 AM

hmm might top up on sum ETH now,lol...not waiting for a few percent drop when i know this is gona fly beyond $100+ 1 ETH
im moving my buy walls up too

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 04:11:36 AM

lol all those waiting for $10- ETH, lol keep waiting, if ETH goes anywhere near $10, before/after fork, spork,no fork ...it will be scooped up and never be sold so cheap ever again.

noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 04:53:44 AM

its quite amazing that eth still above 10 even with all the fork and fudd,  i guess no more weak hand and it can be pumped like early bitcoin when it first reach 3 digit... 

btw im not saying that eth will reach 3 digit btw  Wink

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
roselee
Legendary

Activity: 1078

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 05:30:44 AM
Last edit: July 03, 2016, 05:42:34 AM by roselee

Cheers,

MasterTrader777

totaly agree and id ad

The point is that the 4% "stolen" funds can do a lot damage to the Ethereum ecosystem. So it is better to take it away.
you are right
its also to consider
what i say is the comunity has to condisder what impact the decition has for the future

cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2016, 06:00:30 AM

Are we going to have to build our clients all over again?  I mean, reinstall, resync, and the whole nine yards?  I mean, what should I be doing now to make this whole hardfork thing easier to manage....I really do not enjoy re-synchronizing entire blockchains....this ain't gonna be fun is it?

Bump-Bump!!  Is there anything I should be doing to make this hardfork thingy-madingy any easier to manage?  Should I even be keeping my chain up to date or should I just wait until updated software is available?
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 07:04:30 AM

VENUE

Hyatt on the Bund is a 5 star hotel located on the banks of the Huang Pu River at the northern end of the Bund in Shanghai. The suites and rooms offer spectacular views of the Bund and Pudong skyline, with convenient access to the airports and major areas of the city.

Grin nice

Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 07:12:37 AM

Awesome speaker list, shows how far and wide reaching Ethereum has become. Industry leaders and some of the biggest businesses in the world want to speak at DEVCON2  Smiley Cool
welldone everyone  Smiley
http://www.blockchainweek2016.org/index_en.html#devcon2

AlgoSwan

Activity: 308

ancap

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 08:14:03 AM

VENUE

Hyatt on the Bund is a 5 star hotel located on the banks of the Huang Pu River at the northern end of the Bund in Shanghai. The suites and rooms offer spectacular views of the Bund and Pudong skyline, with convenient access to the airports and major areas of the city.

Grin nice

Is listed ticket price include the staying in that hotel or just watching the summit?

Looking to buy a verified betfair account with escrow.
Merratzz

Activity: 367
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 08:30:25 AM

New simple Ethereum Pool started.

Here

http://mastermining.net

1% Pool Fee
Yesterday found first Block and do first Payout of 5 ETH

Feel free and start today to find your own Ethereum
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 08:48:45 AM

VENUE

Grin nice

Is listed ticket price include the staying in that hotel or just watching the summit?
afaik only the summit
rooms cost around $300 per night and are being snapped up very quickly

Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 08:49:59 AM

CJentzsch 92 points 20 hours ago

We are all hard at work. The details of a hard fork are still under discussion but most clients have already implemented the initial version:

pyeth: https://github.com/ethereum/pyethereum/commit/611252b630981a93bd348cc3ed155a75ad71158b (done by Vitalik himself)

parity: https://github.com/ethcore/parity/pull/1483/files

cpp-ethereum: https://github.com/ethereum/libethereum/pull/305 (including general consensus tests)

geth: https://github.com/ethereum/go-ethereum/pull/2757 (work in progress)

I expect a finished hard fork specification within the next days. If the hard fork becomes effective, it will result in a dissolving of the DAO, refunding the token holders.

More details will come soon. I will make a blog post about it when things are fixed.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/4qwdjq/where_can_i_find_the_latest_update_on_the_path/
 Smiley

zmija

Activity: 676
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 09:39:13 AM

nice hotel Smiley

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
    ▄▄██▀                 ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▀█████
██          ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄      ██
▐█▌       ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███   ▐█▌
 ██      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀   ██
 ▐█▌    █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█   ▐█▌
  ██    █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█   ██
  ▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█  ▐█▌
   ██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
    ██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██
     ██▌ ▀  ▀███▄▄▄█████▀  ▐██
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
.DeepOnion.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★  .❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!.
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Your Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Your Assets Secured by TOR
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
|                        ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
Wilhelmer

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 09:41:35 AM

When is devcon2 happening?
Maicol792
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 09:44:26 AM

eth we are whit you.. and continue mining ;-)
AlgoSwan

Activity: 308

ancap

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 01:19:00 PM

When is devcon2 happening?

late september this year.

Looking to buy a verified betfair account with escrow.
Zeta0S
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 04:51:54 PM

When Ethereum is going POS will that be the end of high value Ether?
No coin that`s POS has a high value or lost his value in the POS period.

Get a HUGE 3% discount with promo code: MOON @ Genesis Mining
https://www.genesis-mining.com
Pages: « 1 ... 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 [436] 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: