Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:54:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 [445] 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 ... 1311 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ethereum: Welcome to the Beginning  (Read 2004321 times)
roselee
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 06:50:57 PM

Volume dropping on poloniex for eth.Is there any latest news causing this apart from DAO hacking incident?

Yes, I am looking for the latest news on the hacking incident also. There seems to be none. Would it be possible for the hacker to be talking and discussing terms with Vitalik?

I think the hacker will not talk too much. If he exposes himself, the law enforcement will find him and he will be in jail.

why? what is the law that he/she broke?
I don't think it's so sue him of something...
What do you know   Cheesy ?  Thieve hacker should be put in jail Grin.
He is not a thief. Come on they made so much money from the fake pumps till now,simply accept it.

If he is not a thief and he is entitled to keep the ETH he siphoned then keeping him from withdrawing his ETH must be illegal, right?  Of is this the wild west and anyone can take anyone's ETH without permission because the code allows it? 

This nonsense about he is entitled to keep the ETH he STOLE and he is not a thief is the bizarre logic of people with some kind of agenda against ETH or a mental illness. 

If you leave the front door to your house open and invite everyone inside that does not give them the right to take what is not theirs.  If the real owners of the ETH stolen say they did not give him permission to take it then their word wins - even if the technology has a logic or programming bug in it. 

If he is not a thief and he is entitled to keep the ETH he took then let him go to court and sue to keep it and withdraw it.  I will guarantee the minute he shows his face and admits he took teh ETH they will slap handcuffs on him.
but still stealing back is still stealing couse the devs the miners or the holders are NO JUDGE and we are not the court
its selfjustic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
a defendent has the right of a lawyer to defend him/she
and as far as i know the line
as long as not proven guilty an defendant is inocent ? is part of the justice around this world

frostminer

Activity: 742
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2016, 07:37:26 PM

Who cares anyway?

Today EXP passed ETH in mining profitability.

Winalunt

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

Tell Me What A Man Is Without Pride .

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 07:44:34 PM

Volume dropping on poloniex for eth.Is there any latest news causing this apart from DAO hacking incident?

Yes, I am looking for the latest news on the hacking incident also. There seems to be none. Would it be possible for the hacker to be talking and discussing terms with Vitalik?

I think the hacker will not talk too much. If he exposes himself, the law enforcement will find him and he will be in jail.

why? what is the law that he/she broke?
I don't think it's so sue him of something...
What do you know   Cheesy ?  Thieve hacker should be put in jail Grin.
He is not a thief. Come on they made so much money from the fake pumps till now,simply accept it.
I would accept it gladly (in jaile) Cheesy.

Eth hype is on the decline phase. Just accept it and modify your trading stragies to include more coins and reduce space for eth.

Agree maybe we have to acceptt that the concept of DAO is still not feasible. I also understand the point of the DAO hacker. Using a programmed back door cannot be punished. We have also to consider that the flaw was known at least for some weeks.

Money is Money & software is software. End of story.It was known since the beginning.
frostminer

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2016, 07:47:16 PM

Who cares anyway?

Oh, also SHIFT is like 0,5$ behind ETH pr 100Mh/s  ..

So im guessing tomorrow ETH will be the 3rd most profitable Ethash to mine.

How will this affect ETH.. thats the Q.
Miners going away, will they stay away? Or following the money?

Guffy

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 07:53:09 PM

been a long time not there was good news about Ethereum. Where all companies, that are tweeting about it?
cohnhead

Activity: 840

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 08:00:17 PM

isn't there supposed to be hard fork starting on 15th or 16th
tipto

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2016, 08:19:07 PM

Agree maybe we have to acceptt that the concept of DAO is still not feasible. I also understand the point of the DAO hacker. Using a programmed back door cannot be punished. We have also to consider that the flaw was known at least for some weeks.

I am not sure about that. If the hacker identifies himself, there could be some kind of law suit against him.
using a programed back door is absolutely  punishable in most jurisdictions. in addition his actions were contrary to the benefit of the DAO as whole and should not be allowed to stand.
as far as the shorting of eth on exchanges (where the real money was made) not sure if that's regulated in so far as things like that go...so probably not punishable.

is hf happening on 15th?

Hacking back doors to get in systems is punishable but in this case it was a backdoor in a contract. So if you consider that the contract was created liked that then how one get punished to just use the contract as initially programmed. Interesting case. But if the hack is punishable than what about the punishment of a rollback which is against the system as a hole. My head is smoking..😊

🚂 Unstoppable Organisation - The Movement DAO
revelacaogr
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021

2009 Alea iacta est

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 08:24:18 PM

I am not sure about that. If the hacker identifies himself, there could be some kind of law suit against him.
using a programed back door is absolutely  punishable in most jurisdictions. in addition his actions were contrary to the benefit of the DAO as whole and should not be allowed to stand.
as far as the shorting of eth on exchanges (where the real money was made) not sure if that's regulated in so far as things like that go...so probably not punishable.

is hf happening on 15th?

Hacking back doors to get in systems is punishable but in this case it was a backdoor in a contract. So if you consider that the contract was created liked that then how one get punished to just use the contract as initially programmed. Interesting case. But if the hack is punishable than what about the punishment of a rollback which is against the system as a hole. My head is smoking..😊

....good comment....hahaha......brain freeze
cohnhead

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 08:28:25 PM

is hf happening on 15th?

just because it was a contract doesn't mean it cant be undone....either by hf or courts of law. bad contracts are nullified all the time. as far as hf....while not perfect   its a failsafe ...its exactly how the system is designed. If a majority of miners support than its consensus. anyone is free to mine either by renting or purchasing hardware.  
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1454

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 05:03:26 AM

Who cares anyway?

Where can we find this information? Is there a website for this?

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
tipto

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2016, 05:29:49 AM

is hf happening on 15th?

just because it was a contract doesn't mean it cant be undone....either by hf or courts of law. bad contracts are nullified all the time. as far as hf....while not perfect   its a failsafe ...its exactly how the system is designed. If a majority of miners support than its consensus. anyone is free to mine either by renting or purchasing hardware.  

Then lets see if there will be the hard fork

🚂 Unstoppable Organisation - The Movement DAO
frostminer

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2016, 06:16:38 AM

Who cares anyway?

Where can we find this information? Is there a website for this?

For instance https://www.whattomine.com/coins

Or check the pools and see what people are beeing payed at diff speeds.
Today ETH is on top again, but thats barely.

The other ethash coins are worth checking out.

EXPand, SHIFT, KRypton and SOIL.

Auponef

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 09:39:37 AM

is hf happening on 15th?

The intention of the hacker is to still the money. That is the difference. It is an punishable offence.
roselee
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 09:40:00 AM
Last edit: July 13, 2016, 09:51:07 AM by roselee

isnt tomorrow the deatline for a posible fork ?
is there any news about it ?seems its not
https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/4sld7y/when_is_the_ethereum_hard_fork_supposed_to_happen/

roselee
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 09:45:20 AM

is hf happening on 15th?

The intention of the hacker is to still the money. That is the difference. It is an punishable offence.

hmm are we so sure of that ? he/she could have taken all the ether in the doa. he/she wasnt stoped! he/she just stoped after 3.6 mill .
if he/she was just  after the money why not take all ?
i really think that "taker " didnt believe it would be posible to take them so easy and on the way he/she got scruple.

tomkat

Activity: 1022
Merit: 507

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 09:55:07 AM

is hf happening on 15th?

If HF will be introduced then (in the future) the devs can be easily forced (by gov guys for instance) to do it again for other "important" reason. The precedent will be a
constant threat to ETH.
digi123

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 10:57:56 AM

Only a couple of days left as first date for hard fork to be implemented.
Can it be done in time?
Anyone know what is happening?
roselee
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 01:40:38 PM

Only a couple of days left as first date for hard fork to be implemented.
Can it be done in time?
Anyone know what is happening?
https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/4sld7y/when_is_the_ethereum_hard_fork_supposed_to_happen/

here they say no
and next date is 21.7.

cohnhead

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 01:56:42 PM

is hf happening on 15th?

hmm are we so sure of that ? he/she could have taken all the ether in the doa. he/she wasnt stoped! he/she just stoped after 3.6 mill .
i really think that "taker " didnt believe it would be posible to take them so easy and on the way he/she got scruple.

absolutely wrong, hacker intent was to steal...and most likely not by draining DAO as they knew they wouldn't be able to actually withdraw, but by causing panic and shorting ether on bitfinex.
roselee
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 03:44:45 PM

is hf happening on 15th?

absolutely wrong, hacker intent was to steal...and most likely not by draining DAO as they knew they wouldn't be able to actually withdraw, but by causing panic and shorting ether on bitfinex.
good point but still we dont know for sure as long as there is no investigation and facts are shown to the public then a trail - judge or jury say guilty or not
but not some who might be involved in the cause of the problem
i say ether should not do selfjustic

Pages: « 1 ... 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 [445] 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 ... 1311 »
  Print  

Jump to: