Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:25:18 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 [450] 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 ... 1311 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ethereum: Welcome to the Beginning  (Read 2004314 times)
roselee
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 09:45:49 AM

Ahh nothing like beating a dead horse.  Buy some mining hw if you disagree with the fork. And let's see who comes out on top.  Then you will have your trial by jury(consensus) as to whether it was theft or not.  But this argument is just dead in the water.  Like with any banking system if you find an exploit and decide to pull 60$M out and think it's ok because of a loophole your grossly naive.  Those in favor of the theft need a recalibration of your moral compass!

Best regards
D57heinz

the pity about this is thaat you think you have a moral compass becouse the masses agree with you.
but there was no investigation and be honest are you so deep into the ether code that you can tell what was wrong and right ? so do we have a independent investigation? a report ? of what has happened ? or just a wishi washi reporting on social media mostly driven by the ones to loos the most ? and the retoric gosh are you realy so blind ?
if that person is guilty then it shall be punished but not punish it befor a trail or a investigation
thats called lynchjustic

but if thats your moral well .........

Auponef

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 10:20:42 AM

I do not care about what other people think. If there is a theft, I will support to get the money back from thief.
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 10:35:11 AM

Ahh nothing like beating a dead horse.  Buy some mining hw if you disagree with the fork. And let's see who comes out on top.  Then you will have your trial by jury(consensus) as to whether it was theft or not.  But this argument is just dead in the water.  Like with any banking system if you find an exploit and decide to pull 60$M out and think it's ok because of a loophole your grossly naive.  Those in favor of the theft need a recalibration of your moral compass!

Best regards
D57heinz
Ah, I see. The masses feel they are exploited. They vote to confiscate 60$M because they are convinced 60$M is too much wealth for a single person. It is not honest some people to be so poor while other be so rich. Nothing new under the sun. "Expropriation of the Expropriators!" or "Loot the Looters!"

Eth is not a cryptocoin. Eth is a cleptocoin.
roselee
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 10:37:12 AM

I do not care about what other people think. If there is a theft, I will support to get the money back from thief.

gosh ....
again the clue here is the little word if..... if means we dont know we asume!!!!! we need a investigation to find out who is responsible for the loseing of the money
and the informations we get on social media is mostly send by people invested or insiders
thats no independent information

its such a pity

Bokelka

Activity: 242
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 11:22:54 AM

So we need some kind of law enforcers to investigate the "theft". Will somebody report to their local police?
roselee
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 11:30:20 AM

So we need some kind of law enforcers to investigate the "theft". Will somebody report to their local police?

lol right you got the dilemma lol
but nontheless
to take it back is not better in a moral point of view then taking it
lol

revelacaogr
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021

2009 Alea iacta est

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 08:00:57 PM

.....something informative

Towards better Ethereum voting protocols

https://blog.colony.io/towards-better-ethereum-voting-protocols-7e54cb5a0119#.1ykkkzo9s
bardacuda

Activity: 430
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 08:17:24 PM

Hi all. I am trying to set up Ethereum Wallet 0.8.0 (Win64) and geth 1.4.9 so they point to a different directory than the default ones for the chain data and settings on startup. I already know about the --datadir flag for geth but am wondering if it's possible to use a config file so I don't have to type it out every time or is a batch file my only option? Same thing for Ethereum Wallet except in addition to the chain data/keystore folders I also want to point to a different folder other than C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Roaming\Mist for the settings, and also disable the 'download newest version' window on startup.

Basically I want to be able to have both forked, and non-forked versions of the wallet and geth on the same windows machine without deleting the chaindata folder or typing out long command line paramaters every time I want to start it up. Is there a good guide for this somewhere?

Thanks.

The future will rely on AI. SingularityNET lets anyone create, monetize, and use AI at scale. From the creators of Sophia the Robot.
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1075

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 01:59:27 AM
Last edit: July 19, 2016, 02:48:45 AM by Mrpumperitis

ive been buying ETH & DAO past few hours Smiley

I dont think there will be a big dump if fork goes smoothly as most DAO sellers that wanted out, have already done so, this week DAO/ETH ratio has been almost 96%+
Also those that have waited for full refund are long term ETHeads and have full faith in the ETH team.

If there is a dump, the buy support is massive and the rebound back to current price, then higher will happen within hours as demand outstrips supply.
I have BTC waiting for ya dumpers,lol and so does everyone reading this ,lol
( i know alot of whales wanting in cheap and know this is their last chance to get noobs to dump )

Now heres the good news after fork... Grin
Coinbase within next 3weeks (pump)
Devcon2 in around 8weeks, biggest crypto event of all time  Smiley, worldwide media attention (pump)
Metropolis update within next few months (pump)
All three of these events is guaranteed to bring in new users and fresh $$

Im convinced Okcoin, Houbi and maybe Btchina add ETH around Devcon2, maybe even at the event ( $50+ ETH )
Bitstamp ( already linked with ETH through Pantera ) will add ETH. Circle likely too add ETH aswell (the ceo of circle is a speaker at Devcon2)

More dapps, Plutus will change how we spend our crypto, Augur and many more exciting projects will be added to trade on ETH markets.

Many major new developments on IOT and VR/AR using ETH, as we head into a new world come 2017

Realistic price imho by JAN 2017, we should be around $80-$100+ per ETH  Kiss

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
d57heinz
Legendary

Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011

Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 03:01:57 AM
Last edit: July 19, 2016, 03:13:35 AM by d57heinz

Best regards
D57heinz

the pity about this is thaat you think you have a moral compass becouse the masses agree with you.
but there was no investigation and be honest are you so deep into the ether code that you can tell what was wrong and right ? so do we have a independent investigation? a report ? of what has happened ? or just a wishi washi reporting on social media mostly driven by the ones to loos the most ? and the retoric gosh are you realy so blind ?
if that person is guilty then it shall be punished but not punish it befor a trail or a investigation
thats called lynchjustic

Well I take it your in the camp of possession is 9/10 the law?  It's obvious looking at the code and how it operated that this wasn't a usual run of the mill contract that drained the dao.  There was ill intent by the person who did this.  We can agree to disagree.  As far as trial by jury well id say most that have a clue what's going on are the ones that voted already.  Imagine trying to get some judge or jury to get up to speed lmao. Decentralized vote is the future.  What's right and wrong throughout history has always been dictated by the masses am I wrong?  Also I feel it should have never gotten over 100k at most for the first contract.  Live and learn.  

Edit. I have only 20 eth(2k) in dao. I didn't invest more than I can afford to lose.  Those that did I understand could use a hard lesson in investment strategy.  I went in real deep on a cloud mining site in 2014. Ended up being a ponzi. Needless to say I learned my lesson. So I can see both sides of this argument

Best regards
D57heinz

As in nature, all is ebb and tide, all is wave motion, so it seems that in all branches of industry, alternating currents - electric wave motion - will have the sway. ~Nikola Tesla~
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3850
Merit: 5015

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 04:05:14 AM

What's right and wrong throughout history has always been dictated by the masses am I wrong?  
Best regards
D57heinz
wrong

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
estenity

Activity: 1918
Merit: 537

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 04:15:07 AM

the PalmBeachLetter announces HF set up fot wednesday...citation:

The Ethereum community has elected to do a hard fork to resolve the DAO hack. The hard fork is scheduled for Wednesday and will occur on block 1920000 (where the hack took place).
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 04:25:51 AM

ooo did i mention the HF loyalty pump............ Wink

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 04:34:39 AM

https://twitter.com/brian_armstrong/status/755242349320663049
Brian Armstrong ‏@brian_armstrong 1h1 hour ago
Bitcoin is about a year into a scaling debate, without any reasonable solution shipped. Will be a big moment to watch how the two compare.
2 retweets 10 likes

Big if though....they haven't done it yet. I'd give them an 80% chance of success I think.
2 retweets 7 likes

If ethereum pulls off this hard fork, very positive signal for them as a team. Shows they can listen to community, execute in time of crisis

estenity

Activity: 1918
Merit: 537

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 06:22:48 AM

ooo did i mention the HF loyalty pump............ Wink

for me it seems you didn't
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1454

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 06:27:36 AM

Bitcoin is about a year into a scaling debate, without any reasonable solution shipped. Will be a big moment to watch how the two compare.
2 retweets 10 likes

Big if though....they haven't done it yet. I'd give them an 80% chance of success I think.
2 retweets 7 likes

If ethereum pulls off this hard fork, very positive signal for them as a team. Shows they can listen to community, execute in time of crisis

This guy is just pretending that everything is fine with the hard fork. How can he be fine with tweaking and tinkering with the transaction history? Is Brian Armstrong a big investor in the DAO?

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
RastoMan

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 06:43:06 AM

2 retweets 10 likes

2 retweets 7 likes

This guy is just pretending that everything is fine with the hard fork. How can he be fine with tweaking and tinkering with the transaction history? Is Brian Armstrong a big investor in the DAO?

I do not have any interest in the DAO. But I still think getting stolen funds back from hacker is the right thing to do.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 06:46:50 AM

2 retweets 10 likes

2 retweets 7 likes

ethereum is old news now, and with the scandals that it had in the past it is hard for people to trust it anymore, it is a lot of money that's no joke.

so it is time for new coins to start growing and replace ethereum and take the market from it.

After the hard fork, people will trust it more. This is the first time the voting of the community to take back stolen money.

Roll Eyes
"guess it's time to merge this pull request https://github.com/ethereum/ethereum-org/pull/264/files"

4emily

Activity: 577
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 07:52:42 AM

Anyone experiencing problems with Mist wallet 0.7.5 or 0.8.1 crashing on launch?  As reported here: https://github.com/ethereum/mist/issues/983
roselee
Legendary

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 08:14:26 AM

Best regards
D57heinz

thats called lynchjustic

Well I take it your in the camp of possession is 9/10 the law?  It's obvious looking at the code and how it operated that this wasn't a usual run of the mill contract that drained the dao.  There was ill intent by the person who did this.  We can agree to disagree.  As far as trial by jury well id say most that have a clue what's going on are the ones that voted already.  Imagine trying to get some judge or jury to get up to speed lmao. Decentralized vote is the future.  What's right and wrong throughout history has always been dictated by the masses am I wrong?  Also I feel it should have never gotten over 100k at most for the first contract.  Live and learn.  

Edit. I have only 20 eth(2k) in dao. I didn't invest more than I can afford to lose.  Those that did I understand could use a hard lesson in investment strategy.  I went in real deep on a cloud mining site in 2014. Ended up being a ponzi. Needless to say I learned my lesson. So I can see both sides of this argument

Best regards
D57heinz
i think we are not to far apart . i see it like you that voting and consensus will replace some courts but to do it right the blockcain needs something like a report/investigation otherwise its lynchjustic . and i disagreee not the masses did lead what is right or wrong . it was always as small elite that did and does that. lobbying and so on.

and yes the act of draining was wrong ethicaly but that person misused a lausy formed not smart contract.

the waterloo desaster comes to mind. rothshild spread the romor napoleon won and sold then everyone followed and he did buy back with strohmen. well ethicaly it was not right but it was not illegal. and he got away with it.
same situation is here with the attacker.
i guess the hf will happen. hopefully they are very careful with the code and it gets smooth
but what comes next? what if a big company wants a roll back ? a goverment?

for such rollbacks there should be a realy strong set of ethical rules for the comunity

becouse this hf is rather wild west manner then seriouse thought through decition

Pages: « 1 ... 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 [450] 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 ... 1311 »
  Print  

Jump to: