Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:11:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 [882] 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ethereum: Welcome to the Beginning  (Read 2003814 times)
Tokenista

Activity: 910
Merit: 14

Everyone join Blurt.blog & Steemit.com

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:40:53 AM

today I was talking to someone who just bought one of the new pokemon games and I have not played any kind of video game in a while but I have recently been using the aura blockchain and was noticing that the ethereum blockchain's best use is as a currency for digital game based trades and things like that for example with cryptokitties
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818598.0

but today when I was talking to this person who bought the new pokemon game I asked him about the online stuff and he said that there is not much online and that they had something called cs go where they tried to let people sell pokemon from the game and it ended up with scams and that now nintendo has created something called the pokemon bank
https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-bank/

when he told me about the pokemon bank I automatically thought that there must be a free version because he said it was $5 to use and it is used for taking games from your gameboy to the cloud to be transferred to your other pokemon gameboy cartridge and then he said that there is something like a hacked open source community created version of pokemon and that people play that also and that reminded me of those emulators and I figured that this is something that ethereum blockchains need to get in to as a token currency there could be all kinds of platforms created not for new ethereum based games but for other games etheruem could connect to the pokemon bank or something through an oraclizer

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ALAYBEY

Activity: 72
Merit: 6

RepuX - Enterprise Blockchain Protocol

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 02:02:50 PM

I write for this to be a message in this wonderful topic. I am very sorry that I have not met this technology in those years. Because at that time everything was much nicer. The drop in title is just as attentive and high quality. Today's topics are very colorful and far from serious. Thank you Vitalik for this project.

■  RepuX  ■  Decentralized Data & Applications Protocol For SMEs (https://repux.io/)
raskill

Activity: 167
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 02:08:56 PM

The mega investors whom are getting out these days are actually a good thing as the coins are becoming more spread out across the globe. This in turn will lessen the volatility over the long haul. This will bring in a new group of investors that have been sitting on the sidelines. These growing pains will not last forever and am fine going on record as saying that the current price will be in hindsight a great time to buy. I for one have bitcoin and ethereum that have been just sitting growing dust for more than a year now. Folks who stare at the market are the folks who take loses and have heart attacks at a young age. Exercise is good for stress and you cant much of it sitting behind the keyboard 7 days a week...
ANDREW 555

Activity: 182
Merit: 7

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 03:11:49 PM

UBTC Airdrop to ETH holders (March 11)
https://coindar.org/en/event/ethereum-eth-ubtc-airdrop-to-eth-holders-5443
Killerpotleaf

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 03:51:24 PM

The mega investors whom are getting out these days are actually a good thing as the coins are becoming more spread out across the globe. This in turn will lessen the volatility over the long haul. This will bring in a new group of investors that have been sitting on the sidelines. These growing pains will not last forever and am fine going on record as saying that the current price will be in hindsight a great time to buy. I for one have bitcoin and ethereum that have been just sitting growing dust for more than a year now. Folks who stare at the market are the folks who take loses and have heart attacks at a young age. Exercise is good for stress and you cant much of it sitting behind the keyboard 7 days a week...
Many investors do not know how to wait. Time is the strongest factor in investing. To make money you just need to wait. For investors, this is very difficult. I've kept the ETH Token for a long time, and I'm not going to sell it yet.

███
             █████
            ███████
           █████████
          ███████████
         █████████████
        ███████ ███████
       ███████   ███████
      ███████     ███████
     ███████       ███████
    ███████         ███████
   ███████           ███████
  ███████             ███████
 █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
M!RACLE TELE
BRINGING MAGIC
TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
40% Biweekly Rewards
▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬
Traffic from €0.01 worldwide

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ██         ██     
        ▀▌     ▐▀       
       ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄      
     ▄█████████████     
   ▄█████████████████▄   
  ██████▄██████▄██████  
 ▐█████████████████████▌
  ██████▀███████▀██████ 
  █████   █████   █████  
  █████████████████████  
  █████████████████    
    ███████████████    
 ▀██▄ ████████████  ▄██▀
      ▀██▀   ▀██▀   
       ▄█       █▄
ANN
Lightpaper
Bounty
Facebook
Twitter
Telegram
revilo

Activity: 543

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:08:30 PM

Many investors do not know how to wait. Time is the strongest factor in investing. To make money you just need to wait. For investors, this is very difficult. I've kept the ETH Token for a long time, and I'm not going to sell it yet.

So far your theory of just holding and becoming rich was true, but the past isn't always the best predictor for the future. There might very well be some coins that stay stuck way below their peaks.
Nightz

Activity: 1302
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:45:22 PM

Based on what data do you actually derive the conclusion that the so called mega investors are getting out these days? They got already out when the newbies get in and they get in again when the weak hands get out. There are still huge whales in ETH for sure.
rz20
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 04:57:03 AM

I always have really hard time holding on to my ETHs (sold really few on the market though) because most ICOs these days ask for ETH as a mode of investment.
XCNP

Activity: 728

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 10:06:32 AM

It was best chance to deal at these price at around 0.075 BTC. I was waiting for this moment to diversify my portfolio and now there is somewhat balance among all assets. I wish I could grab more Ethereum at this floor but can't sacrifice one over other except keep many in good percentage and ratio among them.
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 01:11:49 PM

https://www.coindesk.com/fujitsu-touts-new-tech-to-detect-ethereum-smart-contract-bugs/

Japanese IT giant Fujitsu has revealed a new technology that it says could help to mitigate problems with ethereum's smart contracts.

In a statement released Wednesday, Fujitsu said the new system aims to detect in advance the risks associated with a smart contract source code on ethereum. In effect, the tech helps the blockchain authenticate the source call that triggers smart contract transactions.

Smart contracts are a primary feature differentiating ethereum from bitcoin, enabling developers to build applications on top of the ethereum blockchain to automatically execute programming orders (or contracts).

However, Fujitsu said that, currently, there are six common risks associated with the platform. While existing technologies are capable of solving most of those issues, the authenticity of the source call still remains problematic.

For instance, as the firm explained, since multiple smart contracts could have been built indirectly into a blockchain, there's a risk that the system may not correctly execute the original intention of a source call.

To that end, the new system, a result from joint efforts by Fujitsu's laboratory and its R&D center, is claimed to alert developers of any source code vulnerability that could be exploited to abuse the language of ethereum, and which could ultimately "fake the origin of a transaction."

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
freelotus

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 01:34:01 PM

Last time something strange happened to Eth. Volumes of trading are falling, the price is too. What is it? A conspiracy of competitors or conspiracy of haters crypto-currency?
kobo_eth

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 02:15:15 PM

Last time something strange happened to Eth. Volumes of trading are falling, the price is too. What is it? A conspiracy of competitors or conspiracy of haters crypto-currency?

There's no conspiracy or competition's input here man. It is just that the entire market is going down since the beginning of the year.
The King is currently in a heavy situation and it influences ETH and the rest of the alts.

Yesterday there was a statement from Harvard that BTC price will reach 100 USD, this is the only FUD that I can think of, but for sure it is not the main reason for being in the red for 2 days in a row.

Jedgar

Activity: 219
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 02:57:47 PM

People are panic and sell as soon as the market goes down, instead of waiting a few months. The only sure way people are going to loose money, is when they're impatient, and decide to cut their looses early.
ssothealth
Copper Member

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 03:07:37 PM

https://www.coindesk.com/fujitsu-touts-new-tech-to-detect-ethereum-smart-contract-bugs/

Japanese IT giant Fujitsu has revealed a new technology that it says could help to mitigate problems with ethereum's smart contracts.

In a statement released Wednesday, Fujitsu said the new system aims to detect in advance the risks associated with a smart contract source code on ethereum. In effect, the tech helps the blockchain authenticate the source call that triggers smart contract transactions.

Smart contracts are a primary feature differentiating ethereum from bitcoin, enabling developers to build applications on top of the ethereum blockchain to automatically execute programming orders (or contracts).

However, Fujitsu said that, currently, there are six common risks associated with the platform. While existing technologies are capable of solving most of those issues, the authenticity of the source call still remains problematic.

For instance, as the firm explained, since multiple smart contracts could have been built indirectly into a blockchain, there's a risk that the system may not correctly execute the original intention of a source call.

To that end, the new system, a result from joint efforts by Fujitsu's laboratory and its R&D center, is claimed to alert developers of any source code vulnerability that could be exploited to abuse the language of ethereum, and which could ultimately "fake the origin of a transaction."

Great to know Fujitsu working on the issue what I found it bug.  Thanks!
raskill

Activity: 167
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 05:38:06 PM

rich peeps peeing in their own post toasties today. No patience. It doesn't take brains to be rich that's for sure...
Randomaze

Activity: 378
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 07:26:37 PM

People are panic and sell as soon as the market goes down, instead of waiting a few months. The only sure way people are going to loose money, is when they're impatient, and decide to cut their looses early.
Now is a very good time for forming long positions on the air. I think this is one of the last corrections before the strong growth
espargon

Activity: 392

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 07:40:32 PM

The truth is that the growth of etherium has surprised me, I never thought that this currency would give me such a high profit with such low investment, the next changes, etc etc has me even more excited.
LaScuderia

Activity: 588

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 07:55:14 PM

What do you think is how close the launch of POS from the ETH crew? Already a lot of talk about it was but the last hints in the tweeters make you think about what it will be soon. Imagine how the price will grow after this.  Roll Eyes
Onix

Activity: 500
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 08:21:37 PM

Why has the price dropped? Is there any news on this trading today? Is it about releasing POS the important I will retain what I have of it Grin Because I expect a strong rise in April.
revilo

Activity: 543

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 09:47:43 PM

Why has the price dropped? Is there any news on this trading today? Is it about releasing POS the important I will retain what I have of it Grin Because I expect a strong rise in April.

I don't know exactly but the rumors about Binance that it has been hacked could have contributed to today's turmoil. It's all in the red.
Pages: « 1 ... 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 [882] 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: