Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 04:30:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ntek 1.2th/s miner?  (Read 27942 times)
donnysimonton (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 03:45:36 PM

I just got a pre-order for a Jupiter, but in the mean time I was looking at getting some new gear.

Has anybody heard our bought anything from ntek?

http://ntekcomputers.com/products/1ths-asic-bitcoin-miner-1000gh

They have a 1.2th/s machine for only $8500.

Any opinions.  I'm looking to get something that we can use until we get our KNC in.

Thanks.
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 03:46:59 PM

yea sure, buy from them, and than cry Smiley
do a little research on your own
Operatr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2014, 07:42:06 PM

All you will be getting from them is a really expensive CGI picture of a miner...

Stay far away from any new ASIC company that has shown nothing to community forums. This is probably a scam.

Dont take a chance, there are plenty of reputable sellers to buy gear from now that have real products for sale right now.

Bartman1983

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 01:43:31 AM

I actually just preordered one. If they were a scam y take credit card and not bitcoins and 2 why would they have a a parent company revuprendering that has a Facebook and Twitter with followers and phone number. Y do they once have the money call and talk to you on the phone for a good 20 mins about there product that after it bought. Also I have emailed them at least 30 times and almost everyone received a response. Also I confirmed that bitmine ch is where they got the boards from. You can call. Also you can call either the companies number or I have another number / direct line. Just because no one has heard of a company doesn't mean it's fake it only means it's new. Also there is an order tracking on the website. Way to much paper trail to be fake.
miaviator
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 02:06:54 AM
Last edit: January 24, 2014, 02:39:26 AM by miaviator

I actually just preordered one. If they were a scam y take credit card and not bitcoins and 2 why would they have a a parent company revuprendering that has a Facebook and Twitter with followers and phone number. Y do they once have the money call and talk to you on the phone for a good 20 mins about there product that after it bought. Also I have emailed them at least 30 times and almost everyone received a response. Also I confirmed that bitmine ch is where they got the boards from. You can call. Also you can call either the companies number or I have another number / direct line. Just because no one has heard of a company doesn't mean it's fake it only means it's new. Also there is an order tracking on the website. Way to much paper trail to be fake.

Hmmm  couldn't possibly be fake.

Twitter/Facebook
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=415128

Email is usually outsourced to the Philippines  

Phone answering services are a few cents a minute now a days

Website/Parent Company/Documentation/Etc.  $1,000 ish.  For legit entities, fake ones are easier to setup.

Actually this site just looks like another re-seller of the flood of Avalon chips and devices 200G, 400G and 1.2Th.

EDIT: It says 20nm.   Credit Card scams still generate revenue.  Unicorn?  Anyone?  Live Unicorns for sale!

-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4144
Merit: 1638

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 04:09:49 AM

Yes definitely trust the supporting post from the brand new forum member with precisely one post extolling their virtues and how it's 100% not a scam.

So far following suit with the standard protocol for a scam. Keep up the good work ntek.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
railzand

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 08:05:50 AM

Bitmine are sending chips or wotnot to the dreaded AMT, probably/possibly. To Wasp Project, certainly. Are they sending to others?

kano
Legendary

Activity: 4536
Merit: 1847

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 11:04:03 AM

LOLOL

On their website they sell an i7 6 core watercooled computer for ...... on sale ..... $7999 (down from $9000)

It includes 2 nVidia Titan worth supposedly $1k each ... when they were released a year ago ...

If that doesn't make anyone run and hide from them, then they are waiting to be conned Smiley

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 11:21:23 AM

consider you just went full retard, you're either one of the scammer, or one big ....
Easy2Mine

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

einc.io

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 11:27:57 AM

nTek n6
   $7,999.00 $9,000.00

Intel Core i7-4960X 3.6Ghz Six-core processor  (Turbo 4GHz)
    64GB DDR3 1600
    Dual NVIDIA GTX Titan 6GB Video Memory
    850 Watt SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular
    1TB RAID-10 7,200 SATA (Redundent Storage)
    15X Blu-ray Burner
    Windows 8.1 Professional
    Liquid Cooling

There is something wrong with this configuration when intensively using 3DS Max or After Effects.
You don't even know how to build a computer.
How come you can build an ASIC?

Bartman1983

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 11:40:52 AM
Last edit: January 24, 2014, 03:41:43 PM by Bartman1983

it doesn't say 20 it says 28nm and all u have to do is call bitmine to verify they bought a bunch of chips. Also the owner ry Bruscoe is definitely in the USA. Has a Facebook and all with status updates and a good a mount of friends. 
And yes I just signed up today cause of these post. If someone actually took the time to do research on the people running this company u would see again they have 2 much paper trail to be a scam. U can figure it out your selves if you weren't lazy and just wanted to bash a company
Bartman1983

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 11:52:16 AM

How about this when I get mine I'll post YouTube videos and show you all. This is the problem with people these days. No one takes a risk or chance in a company just because they don't know anything about them.  That's ok though 14-21 day turn around on a credit card (even if were a scam could get my money back) I'll take the chance
miaviator
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 11:55:21 AM

You show us all.

You go with your bad self.

Could I interest you in a Live UnicronHasherTM?

Bartman1983

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 11:59:11 AM

I don't even know why I am arguing with you guys it's pointless. Just wait for me to post videos as soon as I get it and if I am right u all will feel real stupid.
studio1one

Activity: 1218
Merit: 500

BintexFutures

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 12:44:40 PM

nTek Computers

Alexandria, VA

United States

703-838-6079

855-214-2228

Great address there, real accurate.