Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:07:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you approve this strategy: sell alts buy btc?  (Read 3312 times)
Savemore

Activity: 952
Merit: 274

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 03:27:50 PM

I read this article, but I want to see opinions, would you sell all your alts to have only bitcoin now ? I don't think this is recommended

https://cointelegraph.com/news/buy-bitcoin-sell-your-altcoins-says-pioneering-wall-street-blockchain-analyst
It depends on you! It is really good if you will just divide your capital into two for you to make investment with bitcoins and also in altcoins. There is a high chance the you can grow you investment by making investment in both bitcoin and altcoins.
imking

Activity: 406
Merit: 117

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 03:38:30 PM

I read this article, but I want to see opinions, would you sell all your alts to have only bitcoin now ? I don't think this is recommended

https://cointelegraph.com/news/buy-bitcoin-sell-your-altcoins-says-pioneering-wall-street-blockchain-analyst
I think this only a company strategy of the bitcoin and the title of the article is very legit, why you need to invest on the altcoin if the bitcoin can give all the benefits that you can get. As an investor, we only want to have allotted of the source of money to achieve our goal and objective in our life. I believe on this say of David Bailey. To get rich, you must be making money while you are sleep.
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1344

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 08:02:07 PM

If you think your altcoin would survive this huge plunged then just hodl it and dont panic. But if that altcoin that you've invested in, is not popular and not even known i think you should cut your loses and move your money into much safer haven for investment like ETH, BTC and LTC. In the end it's up to you.
Right now is the perfect time to reorganize our portfolio, so if you have some losses it is a good idea to analyze each one of the projects in which you invested and see if it is worth your time to keep being invested there or if you prefer to sell, if you sell then the next question is what to do now and that will depend on your long term strategy, if you want to make moderate profits investing in bitcoin and top alts is ideal, but if you still want to make a lot of profits then investing in icos is the right move.

▄██▄▄                          ▄████
             ▄█▀   ▀▀▄▄                    ▄█▀▀   ▀█▄
            █▀         ▀▄                ▄█▀        █▄
           █▀   ▄█▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀      ▀▄   █▄
          ▄█   ▄█▀███▄▄                          █   ▀█
          █    ▀   ▀████▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        █   █▄
          █         ▀████████████████████████▄▄▄      ██
         ██        ▄██████████████████████████████▄    ▀█▄
        ▄█▀     ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████▄▄   ▀█▄
      ▄█▀     █████████████              ▀▀████████████▄   █▄
    ▄█▀        ▄██████████████▀▀█▄    ▄▄     █  ▀██ ▀███▄   ██
   ███▄▄     ▄███████████▀▀           ▀██▄        ▀  ▀▀     █▀
     █▀     ███████████▀                               ▄▀   ██
    █▀    ▄██████████▀                       ▄▄▄       ▀   ▄█
   █▀    ▄██████████▀           ▄▄      ▀▀████████▄         ▀██▄
  █▀    ▄███████████          ▄██▀   ▀▀█▄   ▀███████▄▄▄██▄▄   ▀██▄
 █▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ████      ▀██▄  ▀████████   ▀▀▀    ▀█▄
▄█              ▀▀█           ████  ▄▄█▄▄███▄  ▀██████           ▀█▄
██▄▄▄▄▄                       █████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀████▄           ██
       ▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄                █████▄▄▄            ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▄██
               ▀▀▀▄▄           ▀█████████████████▄▄          ▄▀▀▀
                    ▀▀▄▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀
                        ▀
.BETFURY..
|
         ▄▄▄▄▄████▀▄▄▄
      ▄███▀▀▀█▀▀  ▄████▄
    ▄██     ▀       ▀▀███▄
  ▄██   ▄██▄    ▄█▄   ▀████▄
 ██▀    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀█     ▀███
██▀   ▄███   ███▄▄▄█▄    ▀███
██    ███  ▄█▀▀█▀▀███     ███
██    ███▄▄██ █▄█▄ ███    ██▀
██        ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀     ██
██▄   ▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄     ▄█▀
 ██▄█▀  █▄▄█ █▄  █ ▄▄   ▄██
  ███   █▄▄█ █   █▄▄█  ▄█▀
   ████▄             ▄██▀
    ▀█▀█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
       ▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀
WIN REAL CRYPTO IN THE REAL DROP
JOIN $20,000,000 CRYPTODROP
|Join Fury Game
Get Free Crypto
BFG, USDT, BTC, ETH
|▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀████
████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████▀  ▄█████
██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██▀  ▄███████
████████▄ ▀█▄   ▄█████████
██████████▄ ██ ▀██████████
█████████▀   ▀█▄ ▀████████
███████▀  ▄██▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████
█████▀  ▄██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀████
████▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄████
 ████████████████████████
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
...PLAY...
ShineftChaos

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

I LOVE ADABS

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 08:05:34 PM

That will be depending on the state of the market, if you are going to do that strategy today then i think that you will lose a huge amount of coins for nothing, it was a good idea to switch entirely your coins into bitcoins if the market is pumping.

semarmesem195

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 08:31:09 PM

Of course it is not recommended, Altcoin is a very good coin to increase profit when market conditions like now. Perhaps the intent of it all is a rare opportunity because of the cheap bitcoin price so choose to add the amount of bitcoin. Yes, this is a moment to increase the amount of value because the price is relatively cheap, but it is not necessary to sell Altcoin for that because if you do then we lose a big profit that awaits in the future.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
kalawang

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 08:41:31 PM

Cause economy if they accept them to buy bitcoin other information that bitcoin and economy of money real estate market. I am not a new value to the world so their lives on your young children, but I am enjoying a countries, and the road. I am enjoying a countries,
Norihiro

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

APOLLOX Protocol

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 09:29:34 PM

I can say only one thing about it - that strategy is safe, and it's probably good because crypto world is extremely risky, so why not?

PERSISTENCE   //   BUY XPRT now!
●✦●───●✦●───  Protocol Powering Next-Gen Financial Products  ───●✦●───●✦●
│██ ██ ███ █████   DeFi    NFT    PoS  █████ ███ ██ ██│
Deathgamer

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 09:45:35 PM

Well if you really want to earn big but also risky idea much better to stay in alt because you can also earn big profit but if you want long term investment much better to buy btc because it is good for long term and you can be able to earn more than you invest.
Superways

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 09:53:24 PM

Better than "sell bitcoins, buy alts". Sometimes it is so hard to.trust alts (im not saying most, some of it) due to some negative issue like the pump and dump alts and in the end you have nothing. Or just simply sone of the are fakes, giving tou a nice project with their very interesting roadmap and in the end they will have your money. Maybe this idea is not that bad afterall, but peole.still have their own strategy regarding this matter.

I agree, bitcoin is so popular than altcoin and other people think thar having bitcoin is greater than having altcoin, but for me I'd rather to buy altcoin while having bitcoin than put all my money in bitcoin.
Yes it is right bitcoin is more popular and it is more chances that the price of bitcoin will rise more in the future as people when try to enter the crypto world then they trust more on bitcoin in the beginning so in the beginning they will invest only in bitcoin and after that they will go for others. We also need to keep first in bitcoin and after that when we reach to a higher level then we have to think for trade.
randyboy

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 09:58:15 PM

I don't use this strategy either because you can lost everything that you have if you invest in one cryptocurrency the best we can do now is invest in different kind of it.
Triffin

Activity: 952
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 11:40:33 PM

bitcoin has more potential than any other coins I don't think it is right that to sell your altcoins and buy bitcoin because altcoin and bitcoin are the same price movement when bitcoin down also altcoins down. I believe that the investment in your hand should be 70 percent bitcoin as 30 percent altcoin.
Investment in bitcoin needs a lot of money while small coins do not need high investment. You can start with very low money and the prices of almost every crypto are increasing with the passage of time. There is no doubt that bitcoin has more potencail than any other crypto but it is all about the investment power. Bitcoin is the choice of every big investor.
Yeah you are right. If you have big investment then you can buy bitcoin and if you have small capital then low price coins are best option for investment. One other benefit of low price coins is that if the price down the deficit will be low and you will feel no panic. For instance if I buy Liza, I will never lose my investment because the price is so low that it cannot go more down. The down level is finishing dot.
I think it depends on your plan of investment and its span as well. If you are thinking about investing in long run, you can favor Bitcoin because Bitcoin gives good return in future if held for long. How ever if you want to go for short term investment, you should prefer alt. I do not see any logic behind selling alt and buying Bitcoin without a market reason. Both are good investment but you must have a diverse portfolio so if you do not have Bitcoin, you can sell some alt for BTC as well.

badungs

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 11:49:05 PM

each person must have different strategies. it all depends on each person. most people prefer to keep their money in various coins. perhaps by doing so, they can benefit. and there may also be people who only focus on bitcoin. maybe people like that do not want the more they think. and focus only hold bitcoin only. but I prefer to have some altcoins instead of just one coin. some coins I can make for daily trading, and other coins can be made for long-term investments.
BlackBeauty

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 11:49:37 PM

bitcoin has more potential than any other coins I don't think it is right that to sell your altcoins and buy bitcoin because altcoin and bitcoin are the same price movement when bitcoin down also altcoins down. I believe that the investment in your hand should be 70 percent bitcoin as 30 percent altcoin.
Investment in bitcoin needs a lot of money while small coins do not need high investment. You can start with very low money and the prices of almost every crypto are increasing with the passage of time. There is no doubt that bitcoin has more potencail than any other crypto but it is all about the investment power. Bitcoin is the choice of every big investor.
Yeah you are right. If you have big investment then you can buy bitcoin and if you have small capital then low price coins are best option for investment. One other benefit of low price coins is that if the price down the deficit will be low and you will feel no panic. For instance if I buy Liza, I will never lose my investment because the price is so low that it cannot go more down. The down level is finishing dot.
I think it depends on your plan of investment and its span as well. If you are thinking about investing in long run, you can favor Bitcoin because Bitcoin gives good return in future if held for long. How ever if you want to go for short term investment, you should prefer alt. I do not see any logic behind selling alt and buying Bitcoin without a market reason. Both are good investment but you must have a diverse portfolio so if you do not have Bitcoin, you can sell some alt for BTC as well.
Yes bt i think you should invest your half of money in bitcoin and half of money in alt but if you just invest in alt so you can buy bitcoin because after some weeks its price will going to high and that is why you will get best profit.
alfs75

Activity: 392

platform for everyday business

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 02:30:46 AM

in my own opinion as if now  its not advisable  to sell all your altcoins and buy it with bitcoin,because when you look up into the market,bitcoins itself also is  in dump situation,and even you see the pareto graph spikes in the coin market caps bitcoin is still in the red flags situation,while in the other hand some altcoins now in pump position in the market,therefore i totally disagree this kind of idea,even we know that bitcoin is the majority of coins that have  most high price value in the crypto market.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 02:50:17 AM

Better than "sell bitcoins, buy alts". Sometimes it is so hard to.trust alts (im not saying most, some of it) due to some negative issue like the pump and dump alts and in the end you have nothing. Or just simply sone of the are fakes, giving tou a nice project with their very interesting roadmap and in the end they will have your money. Maybe this idea is not that bad afterall, but peole.still have their own strategy regarding this matter.

I agree, bitcoin is so popular than altcoin and other people think thar having bitcoin is greater than having altcoin, but for me I'd rather to buy altcoin while having bitcoin than put all my money in bitcoin.
Agree I also prefer to divide the funds into some investments because it will add profits. I will not sell all my altcoin and then just
invest in bitcoin only, i will split my funds dan not on bitcoin alone but other investment including altcoin, so the profit i will get is bigger
Tylev

Activity: 854
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 02:50:30 AM

Previously, this strategy worked flawlessly. However, the situation is changing. On the one hand, bitcoin continues to obsolete morally and technologically, and on the other hand, more and more promising coins and tokens are coming out to the market. The only thing that keeps us in bitcoin for now is that almost all altcoyins have a price link to bitcoin. Bitcoin is even now too expensive compared to other crypto currency. This does not give him any advantages. On the contrary, it increases the risk when investing in it, because at any moment because of various negative news there may be panic among its investors. Therefore, I do not think that now it is necessary to keep only bitcoins. Bitcoin still remains attractive for investment, but already more than half of the funds I would have invested in altcoyins, and especially in ethereum.
sorokinpo

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 02:53:32 AM

In my opinion, one should have both BTC and alt coins. However, one should be investing more in safer coins like BTC.
Maddinson100

Activity: 363
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 06:46:28 AM

No, altcoin is the best in terms of getting a high profit. The price is very cheaper unlike btc which is so hard to holf even 1 btc. In altcoin we can hold even a thousand if coins. I just perfer btc if you are a big investor can buy hundreds of btc so if the price goes up you can earn more than x2. But if you unable to hold even 1 btc i must say to go with altcoins

You couldn't assume that altcoins are more profitable than bitcoin because in the 1st place it is cheaper than  bit coin.
However we also have to consider  the risk of investing in altcoin because we are not sure about its profit.
Many strategies work in different time intervals and you have to monitor the market so that to know about the real time of applying a strategy which is relevant according to the present conditions. Now sell Altcoin in a high market so that you may get profit from it and then invest in the Bitcoin in a low market which should be your first decision in the Bitcoin market.
llyfee4u

Activity: 444
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2018, 07:06:40 AM

I think this might have been an ideal strategy sometime back purely in terms of increasing the value of your portfolio.  I think that since Ethereum in particular and the idea of smart contract tokens, there has been great opportunities in trading alts regularly instead of constantly converting to bitcoin.  In terms of staying true to the intended use case, i'd argue that other's still maintain some of the original ideas whereas bitcoin for alot of people now is mainly a sort of store of value. 
I feel that the days of percentage increase in the hundreds for bitcoin are either long gone or at least number whereas percentage increase in value for alts haven't even peaked yet.   While this might be a strategy that works for some, personally, i wouldn't go this way at all.  I would rather stick with alts, if there was a massive dip in bitcoin, i'd probably buy into but not at the expense of my alts.
jakezyrus

Activity: 714

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 07:10:18 AM

no i dont really approve that strategy because i think that is not right to sell alts just because you want to buy btc. Alts are more valueable and more profitable therfore i wouldnt try to sell them just to get a btc though id rather sell my btc in order to buy alts.

I will only sell my alts if i already achieved my targeted price but as of now i dont think i can achieved it because the market is still down.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: