Bitcoin Forum
July 26, 2024, 09:28:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 294 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POOL][Scrypt][Scrypt-N][X11] Profit switching pool - wafflepool.com  (Read 465582 times)
michielnl

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 07:30:03 AM

Hi all,

Any explanation why the "Daily BTC @ 1MH/s" dropped from 0.015 to about 0.005 now ... Sad ?

http://wafflepool.com/stats

Time Span    BTC Earned    Avg Hashrate    Daily BTC @ 1MH/s
1 Day(s)    4.22255624    783.94 MH/s    0.00538634
2 Day(s)    11.89349848    749.97 MH/s    0.00792928
3 Day(s)    20.82833339    702.64 MH/s    0.00988093
4 Day(s)    27.41250337    659.46 MH/s    0.01039199
5 Day(s)    33.31827169    613.60 MH/s    0.01085987
6 Day(s)    38.79329467    563.94 MH/s    0.01146487
7 Day(s)    41.21136532    516.64 MH/s    0.01139538
zneww

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 07:33:32 AM

Bad day
hdzw

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 11:06:52 AM

Hi, what time is for the daily pay-out? I got my first try for this pool and get less than half of previous earning in middlepool. I didn't see any payout to me yet.
aagert

Activity: 330

📱 Electroneum 📱 cryptocurrency

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 12:20:18 PM

You know what would be really nice in the "Time Span / BTC Earned / Avg Hashrate / Daily BTC @ 1MH/s" table, and super easy to implement too?

One new column in between BTC Earned and Avg Hashrate:

BTC Earned (per Day), which is simply BTC Earned (Day X) - BTC Earned (Day X-1)

Or in other words, just the difference in BTC Earned from the line above it.  It makes it really easy for human beings to see how it relates to Avg Hashrate without doing any math.  You could even throw it onto the Stats2 Hashrate graph on a secondary scale and see how they track.

THIS! And for "It makes it really easy for human beings to see how it relates to Avg Hashrate without doing any math" - why not implement that math too, to make it even more easier? Very simple to implement, and also it would be VERY nice to see not only average daily BTC per 1 MH for past X days total (as it is now), but daily BTC @ 1MH for EACH of past days independently. Calculated as "BTC earned on that particular day / avg hashrate on that day".

May be it'll make sense to make second table next to current stats, with "per day" data instead of "average for X days". Or maybe just add some switch/checkbox for people to decide themselves which kind of data they want to see.

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
    ▄█▀ ▄▄███████▄▄ ▀
  ▄█▀ ▄████████▀▀ ▄▄█▀ ▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄██████▀▀ ▄▄███▀ ▄▄ ▀▄
▄█ ████▀▀ ▄▄█████▀ ▄████ █▄
█ ▄█████▄  ▀██████▄ ▀███▄ █
█ ███▀▀▀ ▄███████▀ ▄▄▄███ █
█ ▀███▄ ▀██████▄  ▀█████▀ █
▀█ ████▀ ▄█████▀▀ ▄▄████ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀▀ ▄███▀▀ ▄▄██████▀ ▄▀
  ▀▀ ▄█▀▀ ▄▄████████▀ ▄█▀
    ▄ ▀▀███████▀▀ ▄█▀
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
electroneum▄████████████▄
██████▄▄▄▄██████
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█              █
          ▄   █
     ▄▄██▀    █
    ▄▄██▀▀    █
    ▄█▀▀▀     █
   ▀          █
█              █
█              █
███████▀▀███████
 ▀█████▄▄█████▀
▄██████████████▄
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█              █
█              █
          ▄   █
     ▄▄▄█▀    █
    ▄▄██▀▀    █
    ▄█▀▀▀     █
   ▀          █
█              █
█              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
▀█████▄▄▄▄█████▀
||
poolwaffle (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 01:19:23 PM

One new column in between BTC Earned and Avg Hashrate:

BTC Earned (per Day), which is simply BTC Earned (Day X) - BTC Earned (Day X-1)

Or in other words, just the difference in BTC Earned from the line above it.  It makes it really easy for human beings to see how it relates to Avg Hashrate without doing any math.  You could even throw it onto the Stats2 Hashrate graph on a secondary scale and see how they track.

Both are in there now.  If someone has a better name for the columns (best I could come up with quickly), let me know.

Now have both a running total, and 24hr.  Running total for day 7 means "The total earnings for the last 7 days, and the average hashrate over the last 7 days".  24hr means "Earnings between day 6 and day 7 [24 hour period], and hashrate over that same time period".  Per MH/s values are just the division of the two.
poolwaffle (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 01:20:36 PM

Hi, what time is for the daily pay-out? I got my first try for this pool and get less than half of previous earning in middlepool. I didn't see any payout to me yet.

In a few more hours, roughly 11am EST.
aagert

Activity: 330

📱 Electroneum 📱 cryptocurrency

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 01:34:46 PM

Both are in there now.  If someone has a better name for the columns (best I could come up with quickly), let me know.

Now have both a running total, and 24hr.  Running total for day 7 means "The total earnings for the last 7 days, and the average hashrate over the last 7 days".  24hr means "Earnings between day 6 and day 7 [24 hour period], and hashrate over that same time period".  Per MH/s values are just the division of the two.

WOW, what a speed!!!  Shocked  What a feeling it is, when you post a suggestion, then take a walk for less than an hour, come back and see that your suggestion is implemented ALREADY! Amazing, I should say... Great work Smiley

As for names, I'd name them "daily" or "per day" instead of "24hr"; and "total" instead of "running". But that's just me - English is not even my native language, so let's see what others say.

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
    ▄█▀ ▄▄███████▄▄ ▀
  ▄█▀ ▄████████▀▀ ▄▄█▀ ▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄██████▀▀ ▄▄███▀ ▄▄ ▀▄
▄█ ████▀▀ ▄▄█████▀ ▄████ █▄
█ ▄█████▄  ▀██████▄ ▀███▄ █
█ ███▀▀▀ ▄███████▀ ▄▄▄███ █
█ ▀███▄ ▀██████▄  ▀█████▀ █
▀█ ████▀ ▄█████▀▀ ▄▄████ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀▀ ▄███▀▀ ▄▄██████▀ ▄▀
  ▀▀ ▄█▀▀ ▄▄████████▀ ▄█▀
    ▄ ▀▀███████▀▀ ▄█▀
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
electroneum▄████████████▄
██████▄▄▄▄██████
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█              █
          ▄   █
     ▄▄██▀    █
    ▄▄██▀▀    █
    ▄█▀▀▀     █
   ▀          █
█              █
█              █
███████▀▀███████
 ▀█████▄▄█████▀
▄██████████████▄
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█              █
█              █
          ▄   █
     ▄▄▄█▀    █
    ▄▄██▀▀    █
    ▄█▀▀▀     █
   ▀          █
█              █
█              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
▀█████▄▄▄▄█████▀
||
comeonalready

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 01:43:31 PM

I had considered suggesting that poolwaffle provide midnight to midnight daily statistics too, but chose not to in order not to distract him from more important profitability optimization and capacity expansion issues.  However, it is indeed an excellent suggestion.  And here's why...

While I personally find the 24-hour moving windows to be of significantly more value than arbitrary midnight to midnight time slices, most people expect to see the statistics for today to slide down the table to yesterday unchanged.  (Or perhaps more precisely, unchanged from yesterday to the day before yesterday).  That presentation of data just makes more sense to most human beings as it is the conventional manner of separating days from one another, no matter how arbitrary it really is.  And such people are indeed the majority, even in the world of mining.

Secondly, and perhaps more importantly, midnight to midnight statistics necessitate the presentation of data for today (instantaneous data through "right now", since midnight).  And "right now" numbers are exactly the type to keep people most interested and emotionally engaged.  Whereas moving 24-hour windows are incredibly efficient, they attract no emotional engagement as they have no perceived future component.  Midnight to midnight data values, however, provide a greater illusion of having skin in the game, and one can play along to see if we can beat yesterday's numbers, and so on.  Moving windows are like watching football with no first quarter with 15 minutes on the clock, and no fourth quarter with only a few minutes on the clock.  Like it or not, we human beings are irrational creatures and we react strangely (and often positively) to imperfect data.

And if you really want to personalize the experience, whereas I was assuming UTC values for midnight and likely you were too, calculating midnight to midnight slices for each time zone offset and providing an option for each user to view the one they wish to see would really keep many miners personally invested.

To the person suggesting that we should want to keep the pool small so as not to raise the network difficulties and lower the exchange values, do you really believe that you have any control to stem the tide of increasing profitability pressures, while still continuing to mine for yourself?  If you want to have an effect on the overall market, then just stop mining.  Because that is exactly what you are suggesting that everyone else should do.
comeonalready

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 02:04:58 PM

I like it!  Though you were providing the data before, breaking it out in this fashion clearly shows that mining results are greatly affected by luck and other factors.  The running totals data alone suggested that mining results are always smooth sailing, whereas the 24hr data shows that the waters are indeed choppy and one must persevere in order to succeed.  If anyone is disappointed by today's results, they can look to day 11 & 12 to remind themselves that this too shall pass.

The only nit-picky thing I would request now is a some sort of visual break between columns 1 & 2 and 4 & 5, for the sake of readability for the uninitiated.  And the explanation that you provided here underneath the chart (in small font) would be useful in helping people to more easily understand it going forward.
poolwaffle (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 02:48:55 PM

I like it!  Though you were providing the data before, breaking it out in this fashion clearly shows that mining results are greatly affected by luck and other factors.  The running totals data alone suggested that mining results are always smooth sailing, whereas the 24hr data shows that the waters are indeed choppy and one must persevere in order to succeed.  If anyone is disappointed by today's results, they can look to day 11 & 12 to remind themselves that this too shall pass.

The only nit-picky thing I would request now is a some sort of visual break between columns 1 & 2 and 4 & 5, for the sake of readability for the uninitiated.  And the explanation that you provided here underneath the chart (in small font) would be useful in helping people to more easily understand it going forward.

Noted, I'll see what I can do with the visual separation (agreed it looks a bit odd).  And putting the chart in this way definitely shows the variance in luck (everywhere from really strong days (11/13), slight strong days (3-7), and weak days (1/10/12).
comeonalready

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:31:35 PM

Noted, I'll see what I can do with the visual separation (agreed it looks a bit odd).  And putting the chart in this way definitely shows the variance in luck
(everywhere from really strong days (11/13), slight strong days (3-7), and weak days (1/10/12).

It just hit me what seems odd about the chart labels... 1 Days, 2 Days, X Days, really only seems appropriate to running data, whereas Day 1, Day 2, Day X may make more sense for 24 hour data.  Perhaps the clearest solution is two separate charts?
poolwaffle (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 04:38:37 PM

It just hit me what seems odd about the chart labels... 1 Days, 2 Days, X Days, really only seems appropriate to running data, whereas Day 1, Day 2, Day X may make more sense for 24 hour data.  Perhaps the clearest solution is two separate charts?

Separate charts is the simple answer.  I'm a bit worried about that page just turning into 300 different charts that you have to really dig through to get any good info.  Maybe I'll split it to links within the page.  Tabs for different graphs, or tabs for groupings of data (earnings in one tab, blocks in another, etc)
Zoella

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 04:44:53 PM

Any chance we could get an actual per day data set, rather than a rolling per 24 hour data set?  We're still dynamic on those numbers as we roll through time, rather than rolling through MH/BTC changes.

Regardless of coa's humorous ramblings, it gives an instant visual representation of pool performance over time, rather than the user having to add interpretations of luck as it rolls from 24 hour period to 24 hour period.  If I come back to compare performances again tomorrow, I need to either do it at the same time I did today (and every day thereafter), or as part of my comparison process review blocks/luck to see why the numbers I saw yesterday are different than today.
Zoella

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 04:48:49 PM

Separate charts is the simple answer.  I'm a bit worried about that page just turning into 300 different charts that you have to really dig through to get any good info.  Maybe I'll split it to links within the page.  Tabs for different graphs, or tabs for groupings of data (earnings in one tab, blocks in another, etc)

Yes, the pages are getting rather bloated. I would move block history to a separate page. Also you could hide each table and let the user display which ones are of interest to them, like with the blocks found table on user stats. To be honest though, I have java disabled so would prefer you didn't! Without the graphs and the block history, the stats page is actually in need of more tables! Smiley
comeonalready

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 05:27:55 PM

Any chance we could get an actual per day data set, rather than a rolling per 24 hour data set?  We're still dynamic on those numbers as we roll through time, rather than rolling through MH/BTC changes.

Regardless of coa's humorous ramblings, it gives an instant visual representation of pool performance over time, rather than the user having to add interpretations of luck as it rolls from 24 hour period to 24 hour period.  If I come back to compare performances again tomorrow, I need to either do it at the same time I did today (and every day thereafter), or as part of my comparison process review blocks/luck to see why the numbers I saw yesterday are different than today.

Yes, my ramblings are clearly humorous, for they only perfectly predicted your desire for more static daily data sets.  Hmmm...

Regardless, my observations and suggestions were offered to poolwaffle, and you were merely listening in on the conversation.

I have no absolutely doubt that he fully understands all of the variables in play, which is why I have chosen to mine here.
Zamboniman

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 06:07:45 PM

I love the new charts, nice to see btc/1mh in both 24 and running. I agree that one more nice piece of data would be static midnight-midnight numbers. Of course, there's always the danger of overdoing it, but I don't think we're there yet, and as always with visual data representation, it's all about the organization.

Now if one of my rigs hadn't crashed hard sometime last night (grrrr) everything would be perfect.
Zoella

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 06:13:24 PM

Yes, my ramblings are clearly humorous, for they only perfectly predicted your desire for more static daily data sets.  Hmmm...

Regardless, my observations and suggestions were offered to poolwaffle, and you were merely listening in on the conversation.

I have no absolutely doubt that he fully understands all of the variables in play, which is why I have chosen to mine here.

Hahaha!

Good for you!  I'm happy you've found a home!

Now, if you could just spend a little more time discussing specifics with pw, and a little less time attempting to belittle your fellow miners we'd all get along! I mean, if pw knows all these vasriables, do you really think he needs to hear about your irrelevant take on the human condition and why you are above it?

And BTW, your "prediction" was based on a flawed analogy. We'll see if your supreme intelligence can determine why a rolling window is incomparable to events with marked end points.
LPCobris

Activity: 129

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 06:22:55 PM

Welll...

Im being mining on MiddleCoin for sometime now, but the instability on the servers is killing my profit.

I may give a shot on this pool... I currently have a mini-farm of Systems...
My question is...

Is any advantage of Waffer to Middle?
If so, are the payments made in the same way?

What about support? I hate the lack of information of H20...

Best Regards,

LPC
Zoella

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 06:37:43 PM

Welll...

Im being mining on MiddleCoin for sometime now, but the instability on the servers is killing my profit.

My question is...

Best Regards,

LPC

At this point, in regards to support and pool supplied information, there really is no comparison between wafflepool and middlecoin. In terms of customer service and transparency, middlecoin is a joke.

Payouts are handled the same (manually once a day at .01+), just at a different time.

Whether or not profit is similar is subjective, but for me it seems close. Still testing. At this point I believe middlecoin is still better, but longer term comparables are required.
Zamboniman

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 06:41:51 PM

Welll...

My question is...

Best Regards,

LPC

Just taking a browse through this thread should answer your questions about support. Since the pool has been announced here support has been better and more responsive than any other pool I've mined at. Payouts are done once a day for balances over 0.01 BTC. Usually around 16:00 UTC, but this varies somewhat right now as they are still being processed manually each day. This will be automated at some point.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 294 »
  Print  

Jump to: