Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 07:54:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 294 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POOL][Scrypt][Scrypt-N][X11] Profit switching pool - wafflepool.com  (Read 465569 times)
Zamboniman

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 06:50:31 PM

I'm having the same weird issue a few other people mentioned a few posts back.

All my miners are connected, submitting shares, working fine. But my hash rate shows as 1/2 what it should on the site.

Any idea what's going on there? I re-checked my rigs and they're fine.

I hope those shares are actually getting counted! Or else I've wasted a couple of hours of mining time. I'm going to try restarting all my rigs.

phzi

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 06:51:24 PM

I'm having the same weird issue a few other people mentioned a few posts back.

All my miners are connected, submitting shares, working fine. But my hash rate shows as 1/2 what it should on the site.

Any idea what's going on there? I re-checked my rigs and they're fine.

I hope those shares are actually getting counted! Or else I've wasted a couple of hours of mining time. I'm going to try restarting all my rigs.

uswest isn't working for me right now.  I had to move my rigs to useast otherwise their shares aren't getting counted.
The Fat Miner

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Please give me Bitcoins so I can buy more food

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 07:00:13 PM

Well put it this way I had a quarter of my hash pointed at the site a few days ago and it was fine, Now since i switched all my power to this pool it's not reporting the amount of work I'm doing on the site, It might say 1.9 2.2 Mh/s in the stats but it's not giving the amount due, I know because I have a good idea of what it should be getting after watching my rig 24 7 (stuck in my room at the moment)  I have a good idea of what to expect.

What I have seen is that PoolWaffle has changed things because of the big rig, Seems to have shagged our profitability.

it takes time for you to get to "steady state"

as in reach your equilibrium point where you are carrying a steady number of unexchanged and then more regular exchanging.

wait a day for things to equalize out.

I understand it takes time to settle , But 6 hours is enough , I don't want to wait a day to see I've lost more than I would of if I hadn't changed a thing, At the moment it seems all the multicoin pools are taking a dive, Or taking the piss, One of the two.
zepadee

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 07:02:24 PM

Well put it this way I had a quarter of my hash pointed at the site a few days ago and it was fine, Now since i switched all my power to this pool it's not reporting the amount of work I'm doing on the site, It might say 1.9 2.2 Mh/s in the stats but it's not giving the amount due, I know because I have a good idea of what it should be getting after watching my rig 24 7 (stuck in my room at the moment)  I have a good idea of what to expect.

What I have seen is that PoolWaffle has changed things because of the big rig, Seems to have shagged our profitability.

it takes time for you to get to "steady state"

as in reach your equilibrium point where you are carrying a steady number of unexchanged and then more regular exchanging.

wait a day for things to equalize out.

I understand it takes time to settle , But 6 hours is enough , I don't want to wait a day to see I've lost more than I would of if I hadn't changed a thing, At the moment it seems all the multicoin pools are taking a dive, Or taking the piss, One of the two.

I think its the coins taking a dive, not the pools. You can always try solo coin mining. Does anyone know what time Waffle pays out ?
phzi

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 07:03:24 PM

I don't get what you are talking about... so far we are on target for just a bit under .01BTC/MH today.  If your shares are being reported on the pool, then you're getting paid at a pretty good rate.

Quote from: The Fat Miner
5 hours of 2 Mh/s has earned 0.00225
5hr/24hr =~ .2 ...

Expected payout per day at .01BTC/MH with 2MH = .02BTC ...

0.00225 / .2 = .01125BTC / day ...

Perfectly reasonable given variance...  Stop trying to judge a pool over a 6hr period, that's just ignorant.
Zamboniman

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 07:06:18 PM

It's even worse now.

All my rigs are functioning perfectly and submitting shares. The site and the API are showing 1/4 the usual hashrate. Something is very messed up.

As I said earlier, I'm very much hoping these shares are being counted and not just thrown away, or I'm burning electricity for nothing.

Let me know what the issue is, please.
dmc82

Activity: 15

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 07:07:48 PM

please enable fast coins , small coins

Have you not been reading poolwaffle's responses? With the addition of the single miner with the huge hashrate, we can't mine small coins because our huge hashrate will result in almost all orphaned blocks. He is going to work on improving the multicoin mining feature of the pool, but until then it would be a waste of time to mine the small coins.

Am i right if i say mining the small coins is more profitable then we do now because of the one miner is doing 3.0-5.0Ghz?
I'm worried a little. I'm mining at 7MH/sec, and today it's not a good day. Sure i will chil out and wait for the next payment to see if it's fine or not. But it looks not so good ad the moment for me (the small miner).
Zamboniman

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 07:08:04 PM

No. Six hours isn't nearly enough on a multipool. Some coins take twice that long to mature before they can get exchanged. Shares take a while, etc. Give it at least two days, then you'll have a good idea of your earnings.
phzi

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 07:10:45 PM

It's even worse now.

All my rigs are functioning perfectly and submitting shares. The site and the API are showing 1/4 the usual hashrate. Something is very messed up.

As I said earlier, I'm very much hoping these shares are being counted and not just thrown away, or I'm burning electricity for nothing.

Let me know what the issue is, please.
Switch to another server.  Are you using uswest?  It seems to be borked at the moment.

Am i right if i say mining the small coins is more profitable then we do now because of the one miner is doing 3.0-5.0Ghz?
I'm worried a little. I'm mining at 7MH/sec, and today it's not a good day. Sure i will chil out and wait for the next payment to see if it's fine or not. But it looks not so good ad the moment for me (the small miner).
No...  poolwaffle has addressed this in a recent post.  The reason we aren't mining small coins is because poolwaffle is changing the coin balancing system to more easily mine multiple coins.  Profits shouldn't be hurt much, if at all, because we aren't mining them, since the majority of our profits come from coins we are still mining.
Norpps

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 07:11:05 PM

Hi, newb question here, what time does wafflepool payout ? Thanks.

11-14 GMT
zepadee

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 07:13:23 PM

Hi, newb question here, what time does wafflepool payout ? Thanks.

11-14 GMT

Thanks Smiley.
The Fat Miner

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 07:16:08 PM

I don't get what you are talking about... so far we are on target for just a bit under .01BTC/MH today.  If your shares are being reported on the pool, then you're getting paid at a pretty good rate.

5hr/24hr =~ .2 ...

Perfectly reasonable given variance...  Stop trying to judge a pool over a 6hr period, that's just ignorant.

It's not perfectly reasonable at all, It's under what it should be by a long way, You think just under 0.01 BTC per Mh is ok in this climate ? I was earning more when Bitcoin  was double the price it is now so how you figure ?
phzi

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 07:22:38 PM

It's not perfectly reasonable at all, It's under what it should be by a long way, You think just under 0.01 BTC per Mh is ok in this climate ? I was earning more when Bitcoin  was double the price it is now so how you figure ?
Lol... mining is mining.  I take it you haven't been doing this very long?  If you want a reliable wage, then work a job.  Dogecoin halving cut profitability of multi-coin pools a bit, but wafflepool is still maintaining almost the same profit rates - impressive I would say.  And yes, a consistent .01BTC/MH/day is great.

If you think you can do better, then find a pool that will pay you better... good luck.  And please do post about your results.
Zamboniman

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 07:25:53 PM

Switch to another server.  Are you using uswest?  It seems to be borked at the moment.

Done. Yup, you're right, useast seems fine.

I hope uswest gets fixed soon, and I hope I didn't lose a crapload of shares. Poolwaffle, let us know what the issue is when you get a chance, please.
phzi

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 07:27:49 PM

I hope uswest gets fixed soon, and I hope I didn't lose a crapload of shares. Poolwaffle, let us know what the issue is when you get a chance, please.
This happened to eu the other day, and the shares were lost.  Oh well, knock it up to bad luck and be glad you switched to useast when you did.
Zamboniman

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 07:32:32 PM

This happened to eu the other day, and the shares were lost.  Oh well, knock it up to bad luck and be glad you switched to useast when you did.

Yeah, I was lucky. I came home from work to grab something and noticed the problem. Looks like about an hour and a half it was doing that. If I hadn't come home, it would've been at least ten hours. So (insert Bill Murray face) I've got that going for me. Which is nice.
evolvia31

Activity: 74

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 07:35:14 PM

that's the only very big problem.
if it's the same bug at sunday in the evening, that's a very very big bug which need to solve very quickly.

If an end point fail that's not very important with a failover but with this bug end point didn't detect as fail by cgminer but shares will lost and this is very bad Sad
Zamboniman

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 07:37:02 PM

5hr/24hr =~ .2 ...

So, you're quite new to mining, are you?

Yes, it's perfectly reasonable. LOL. Profits go up. Profits come down. This is not a regularly paying gig. Don't expect it to be.
Zamboniman

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 07:38:32 PM

that's the only very big problem.
if it's the same bug at sunday in the evening, that's a very very big bug which need to solve very quickly.

If an end point fail that's not very important with a failover but with this bug end point didn't detect as fail by cgminer but shares will lost and this is very bad Sad

Exactly. None of my rigs failed over to another server because from their point of view everything was just fine. Not a good problem at all.
The Fat Miner

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 07:39:06 PM

Lol... mining is mining.  I take it you haven't been doing this very long?  If you want a reliable wage, then work a job.  Dogecoin halving cut profitability of multi-coin pools a bit, but wafflepool is still maintaining almost the same profit rates - impressive I would say.  And yes, a consistent .01BTC/MH/day is great.

If you think you can do better, then find a pool that will pay you better... good luck.  And please do post about your results.

Ok I will be fair , Have a look at the profitability of the top ten coins mined at a rate of 1.85 Mh/s go to the lowest one (if you have to) and convert the earnings into BTC , Tell me I shouldn't be getting over 0.026 a day and I will call you a liar.

As far as experience goes I've been mining for a couple of months but it doesn't mean I don't understand how things work.

It's fair enough theres variance and we won't always be mining the most profitable coin (Even though we are supposed to be) And my rig might get rejects etc etc but we are earning less than what we should be, I'm not complaining I'm stating a fact.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 294 »
  Print  

Jump to: