Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:48:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MultiBit  (Read 336101 times)
jim618 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1066

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2015, 10:28:41 AM

Yeah, it's a pity.

Connecting directly to the Core/ XT nodes is the most decentralised architecture which is a great bonus overall though.

MultiBit HD   Lightweight desktop client.                    Bitcoin Solutions Ltd   Bespoke software. Consultancy.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TRilon

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 12:12:47 PM

Support for 64-bit systems only? But what about the 32?
jim618 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2015, 08:40:38 PM

If you look at the releases directory you will see an installer for Win 32 systems e.g. the most recent one is at:

https://multibit.org/releases/multibit-hd/multibit-hd-0.1.3/

It the multibit-hd-windows-0.1.3.exe (i.e. without the x64 in the name)

It's explained in the installation notes:
https://multibit.org/en/help/hd0.1/how-to-install-windows.html

MultiBit HD   Lightweight desktop client.                    Bitcoin Solutions Ltd   Bespoke software. Consultancy.
rbscebu

Activity: 48
Merit: 6

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 09:24:04 AM

Yesterday I installed Multibit HD 0.1.3 on my Ubuntu 14.04 OS desktop. All went well and I sent (and received) a small bitcoin transaction from my Android Bitcoin Wallet.

This morning, I opened my Multibit HD wallet and am still waiting for it to "connect". That was 8.5 hours ago. I will leave it running overnight to see if it is "connected" by tomorrow.

Port 8330 is open. The Verify network window shows Peer count 0 and Blocks left is empty.

How long does it normally take Multibit HD to "connect"?
rbscebu

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 09:28:02 AM

Yesterday I installed Multibit HD 0.1.3 on my Ubuntu 14.04 OS desktop. All went well and I sent (and received) a small bitcoin transaction from my Android Bitcoin Wallet.

This morning, I opened my Multibit HD wallet and am still waiting for it to "connect". That was 8.5 hours ago. I will leave it running overnight to see if it is "connected" by tomorrow.

Port 8330 is open. The Verify network window shows Peer count 0 and Blocks left is empty.

OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6099

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 09:34:56 AM

It should take couple seconds if not instant to do that because it's a SPV Lightweight wallet that dosen't need to download the whole blockchain file like Bitcoin Core .
I'd suggest checking this : https://github.com/bitcoin-solutions/multibit-hd/issues/666 (jim618 is the developer of the wallet , so take his answers in consideration)

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
rbscebu

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 10:39:32 AM

Yes, I had previously read jim518's posts. That is why I checked that port 8330 was open.

I will give Lighthouse a try tomorrow when I have some time and see what happens.
rbscebu

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 10:55:59 AM

Interesting. I just reset my IP address, closed and reopened Multibit HD. It now connected within seconds.

Looks like it might be an IP address problem.
bytezero

Activity: 414

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 04:36:09 PM

Why multibit send change to other used addresses, I want to keep it in the same...
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1076

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 08:02:55 PM

Why multibit send change to other used addresses, I want to keep it in the same...

Address resuse brings up a bunch of privacy concerns, these have been linked not only to the privacy of the individual(s) reusing addresses, but it has been argued that these privacy concerns end up affecting the entire network, leading to fungibility issues (potentially).  Anyway, discussion of these has lead to most modern wallets not reusing addresses.  FWIW, my older version of multibit sends change back to the same address, so how this works really depends on your version of multibit.
chanlance

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 12:43:44 PM

WHY DO YOU NETWORK FEES ALWAYS VARY WITH DIFFERENT TRANSACTIONS
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6099

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 01:46:37 PM

WHY DO YOU NETWORK FEES ALWAYS VARY WITH DIFFERENT TRANSACTIONS

All you need to know about bitcoin fees is here : http://bitcoinfees.com/
But I guess Multibit HD have a feature so you send them 1000 Satoshi for every transaction you make since the program is free (not sure if this is removed or not )

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
patt0
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1005

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 12:42:24 AM

Hello I use Multibit Classic and I got a problem with the wallet recently.

I received some strange transactions that were never verified. They somehow got to the circle state, so they were seen by 4 or more peers, but they are not even in the blockchain.info list of transactions.

I wanted to convert my BTC to dollars, but I was afraid that the transaction got rejected and could give me some problems, so I first created another wallet, and tried to send the BTC to that new wallet. I sent a little more than I should be able to spend (since I included some of the strange transactions BTC), so that I could "force" those transactions to be fixed but it just created another transaction that was probably going to stay like that forever.

I then saw the option to reinicialize the transactions on the multibit wallet. It worked in a way, since the "bad" transactions disappeared, but so did all my BTC (at least my balance is 0 now).

How can I solve this?

Thank you.

jim618 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2015, 12:44:42 PM

I received some strange transactions that were never verified. They somehow got to the circle state, so they were seen by 4 or more peers, but they are not even in the blockchain.info list of transactions.

I wanted to convert my BTC to dollars, but I was afraid that the transaction got rejected and could give me some problems, so I first created another wallet, and tried to send the BTC to that new wallet. I sent a little more than I should be able to spend (since I included some of the strange transactions BTC), so that I could "force" those transactions to be fixed but it just created another transaction that was probably going to stay like that forever.

I then saw the option to reinicialize the transactions on the multibit wallet. It worked in a way, since the "bad" transactions disappeared, but so did all my BTC (at least my balance is 0 now).

How can I solve this?

Thank you.

This is an instance of transaction malleability. Someone is duplicating transactions and altering the signature (in a currently valid way).
Only one of the two transactions confirms. Some nodes are not relaying them.

The 'Tools | Reset blockchain and transactions' is the right way to go as it will reset your wallet to what is on the blockchain. I think the extra transaction you sent may still be on the network though, hence your low confirmed balance. This is most likely technically accurate as, until that transaction confirms MultiBit will not let you spend the change.(As it came in from the network it is not trusted as much - it could be a spoof transaction)

One approach you can try is to create a blockchain.info wallet that contains your wallet's private keys.
There is a how-to here:
https://multibit.org/en/help/v0.5/help_movingAWallet.html

I am not sure 100% blockchain.info will let you spend the change so that you can empty your wallet but as it has the whole blockstore there is a good chance it will.

patt0
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1005

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 02:29:18 PM

How can I solve this?

Thank you.

This is an instance of transaction malleability. Someone is duplicating transactions and altering the signature (in a currently valid way).
Only one of the two transactions confirms. Some nodes are not relaying them.

The 'Tools | Reset blockchain and transactions' is the right way to go as it will reset your wallet to what is on the blockchain. I think the extra transaction you sent may still be on the network though, hence your low confirmed balance. This is most likely technically accurate as, until that transaction confirms MultiBit will not let you spend the change.(As it came in from the network it is not trusted as much - it could be a spoof transaction)

One approach you can try is to create a blockchain.info wallet that contains your wallet's private keys.
There is a how-to here:
https://multibit.org/en/help/v0.5/help_movingAWallet.html

I am not sure 100% blockchain.info will let you spend the change so that you can empty your wallet but as it has the whole blockstore there is a good chance it will.

Thank you, I did that and it worked. I was also able to spend my coins on the blockchain right after I imported the private keys.
After a few days the funds on multibit got updated as well. So it's all good now in both wallets, multibit and blockchain.

dukester99

Activity: 440

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 01:45:55 PM

Trying to recover bitcoin from a friends computer that shutdown while running multibit ver 0.5.18 durring a windows update.
Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

He is running 64bit windows 7 .

When first starting multibit it says it is going to use the backup wallet file.

Takes a very long time to sinc up when first started.
when i get it to the point where i can transfer the coin out I get a error.
"multibit error another programs changed this wallet to avoid errors this multibit has stopped updating"

It will not shutdown and needs to be shutdown from task manager.
When rebooted it does the same thing.

Thought I would just move it to blockchain.info but it will not export the key file.

There is a key file that I see but it looks like it is password protected and blockchain.info wants it to be imported without it password protected.

Any ideas on how I can save this coin?

In the multibit program file folder I see "multibit.wallet" file while it is loading.
Weird part is it keeps changing from a file with 0kb to 27,000kb every couple of minutes.
Can I just take the most recent backup file and rename it to multibit.wallet and over wright the existing wallet file?
Coiner.de

Activity: 773
Merit: 531

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 02:45:22 PM
Last edit: January 13, 2016, 04:15:29 PM by Coiner.de

No need to overwrite.

Copy the .wallet and .info files to a new directory. ( Maybe rename to shorten the wallet name )
Open this wallet with File -> Open Wallet

Edit:
Close the damaged wallet with File -> Close Wallet so it doesn't try to sync it while you test the backup wallets.

If you find no backup wallet that works as a last resort create a new wallet with File -> New Wallet and import the .key file you found.
ekin4

Activity: 663
Merit: 505

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 09:57:05 PM

Can I use coin control or similar specification for Multibit Classic or HD?
jim618 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2016, 10:51:30 AM

No, there is no coin control in either Classic or HD.

This is mainly to keep things simple for non technical users

lordglorius

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 01:59:38 AM

Hello everyone, I have a problem with my wallet multibit, today does not appear the balance or the transactions that I have made, i.e. is blank

Can somebody help me?

Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 »
  Print  

Jump to: