Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 11:44:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... 158 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ⚒[CGA] Cryptographic Anomaly - The Elusive Coin⚒  (Read 226222 times)
mxq

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 01:50:12 PM

What time can download the latest version(windows)?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
s4w3d0ff (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Spray and Pray

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 06:29:44 PM

Version 1.2.1.1 Update is going on March 1st @ Noon PST (20:00 GMT)
This update is mandatory. If you own a pool or solo-mine you must update at the above time. If you are just using the software as a node or a normal wallet you must update before block 48,000.

There should be a Windows wallet compiled before March 1st @ Noon (20:00GMT). If there isn't then There will be one before block 48,000.

Source code will be going up on git sometime tomorrow before the posted date/time.

BTC:15D8VaZco22GTLVrFMAehXyif6EGf8GMYV
|⚒|Cryptographic Anomaly|⚒|
tertius993

Activity: 1029
Merit: 712

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 07:17:58 PM

Probaqbly a bit late, but a I had a few questions/thoughts which I'd hoped to get in before the new update was released:

1. roughly how many coins do you expect to be mined, say per 1,000 blocks?  And following on from that is the total number of coins still appropriate, given the reward change?   (though I'm not even sure if this is change-able).

2. the wallet itself - well, it isn't very exciting - have you looked at other wallets for inspiration?  For example the Unobtanium wallet is really nicely done I think.
phzi

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 07:20:59 PM

my apologies, to clarify, I was suggesting that you 'snapshot' the net hash rate at the point of the block hash creation, not a continuously changing value. I.e. you wouldn't know what the block hash would be prior to the creation. this would obfuscate the value of the block until it was announced prior to mining.
You could just use blockhash as a rnd function seed to the same effect - this is what Doge, Lotto, and all the other pseudo-random coins do.

You cannot predict block values 2+ blocks in advance (with the current CGA or any other random reward coins that I know of), but you always know the reward while you are mining for a given block.

Using diff and height in GetBlockReward without KGW would actually make future blocks predictable as well (up until the next diff change), so I am very curious to see what s4w3d0ff produces.
s4w3d0ff (OP)

Spray and Pray

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 07:38:57 PM

my apologies, to clarify, I was suggesting that you 'snapshot' the net hash rate at the point of the block hash creation, not a continuously changing value. I.e. you wouldn't know what the block hash would be prior to the creation. this would obfuscate the value of the block until it was announced prior to mining.
You could just use blockhash as a rnd function seed to the same effect - this is what Doge, Lotto, and all the other pseudo-random coins do.

You cannot predict block values 2+ blocks in advance (with the current CGA or any other random reward coins that I know of), but you always know the reward while you are mining for a given block.

Using diff and height in GetBlockReward without KGW would actually make future blocks predictable as well (up until the next diff change), so I am very curious to see what s4w3d0ff produces.

I am not trying to solve this issue anymore. Block rewards will be 1/diff with a bonus block when block# % diff < 0.5, No other changes other than removing KGW.

s4w3d0ff (OP)

Spray and Pray

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 07:42:20 PM

Probaqbly a bit late, but a I had a few questions/thoughts which I'd hoped to get in before the new update was released:

1. roughly how many coins do you expect to be mined, say per 1,000 blocks?  And following on from that is the total number of coins still appropriate, given the reward change?   (though I'm not even sure if this is change-able).

2. the wallet itself - well, it isn't very exciting - have you looked at other wallets for inspiration?  For example the Unobtanium wallet is really nicely done I think.

The amount of coins going into circulation will not change (by much, maybe a little bit faster, but you will barely be able to tell). Once the logo contest closes I may look into changing the feel of the wallet. I will take a look at Unobtanium, is there any other wallets that would be of interest?

tertius993

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 08:00:25 PM

The amount of coins going into circulation will not change (by much, maybe a little bit faster, but you will barely be able to tell). Once the logo contest closes I may look into changing the feel of the wallet. I will take a look at Unobtanium, is there any other wallets that would be of interest?

I agree it would make sense to combine it with the new logo.

I can't think of any other particularly good ones, but other people may have some ideas.
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 07:51:50 AM

It's honestly the coolest one I've seen. However, it's basically cosmetic. A skin, more or less. But it is very cool.

Frankly, most wallets look the same. It's really not a big deal or a high priority as I see it, so long as it's fully functional.  Hell, I use Electrum for bitcoin, and that bitch is UGLY and poorly laid out. But it's fast and functional. I see it the same way I see cars. If it's fast and pretty, that's cool. If it's just pretty, who cares?
tertius993

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 08:10:54 AM

It's honestly the coolest one I've seen. However, it's basically cosmetic. A skin, more or less. But it is very cool.

Frankly, most wallets look the same. It's really not a big deal or a high priority as I see it, so long as it's fully functional.  Hell, I use Electrum for bitcoin, and that bitch is UGLY and poorly laid out. But it's fast and functional. I see it the same way I see cars. If it's fast and pretty, that's cool. If it's just pretty, who cares?

I completely agree it is merely cosmetic, but I do think cosmetics are important.  They form part of the whole eco-system around the coin.  I think it will show that time and thought has gone into it, will help separate CGA from the herd and make it more attractive in the round.

If it were a massive effort, then don't bother, but if we can improve it for a reasonable amount of work then I think it will be time well spent.
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 08:20:33 AM

1. roughly how many coins do you expect to be mined, say per 1,000 blocks?  And following on from that is the total number of coins still appropriate, given the reward change?   (though I'm not even sure if this is change-able).

2. the wallet itself - well, it isn't very exciting - have you looked at other wallets for inspiration?  For example the Unobtanium wallet is really nicely done I think.

Frankly, most wallets look the same. It's really not a big deal or a high priority as I see it, so long as it's fully functional.  Hell, I use Electrum for bitcoin, and that bitch is UGLY and poorly laid out. But it's fast and functional. I see it the same way I see cars. If it's fast and pretty, that's cool. If it's just pretty, who cares?

I completely agree it is merely cosmetic, but I do think cosmetics are important.  They form part of the whole eco-system around the coin.  I think it will show that time and thought has gone into it, will help separate CGA from the herd and make it more attractive in the round.

If it were a massive effort, then don't bother, but if we can improve it for a reasonable amount of work then I think it will be time well spent.

Sorry, I was a bit terse there. Didn't mean to be, was dealing with my 6 week old daughter at the same time Cheesy

I was trying to say that it's not a high priority as long as the wallet works well. I actually agree that making it attractive is a good idea from a marketing/adoption standpoint. I am not a programmer, but it looks like it's simply a skin in the case of Unobtanium, and it does make it very cool. It should be fairly trivial to do something similar with CGA's wallet.

If I could reskin Electrum, I would. I hate it's layout. But waiting sometimes three days for Bitcoin-qt to sync is annoying, and Electrum does it in a few seconds. I don't use online wallets for anything that's going to last over a day, so the speed is important to me. For bitcoin. Alt coins are more of a hobby to me right now. Interesting, sometimes profitable, and a bit of fun. So speed isn't nearly the issue. However, if someone had what it took to make a wallet similar to Electrum for alt coins, I would use it. And if somebody already has and I missed it, please say so! Cheesy
tertius993

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 08:32:13 AM

1. roughly how many coins do you expect to be mined, say per 1,000 blocks?  And following on from that is the total number of coins still appropriate, given the reward change?   (though I'm not even sure if this is change-able).

2. the wallet itself - well, it isn't very exciting - have you looked at other wallets for inspiration?  For example the Unobtanium wallet is really nicely done I think.

Frankly, most wallets look the same. It's really not a big deal or a high priority as I see it, so long as it's fully functional.  Hell, I use Electrum for bitcoin, and that bitch is UGLY and poorly laid out. But it's fast and functional. I see it the same way I see cars. If it's fast and pretty, that's cool. If it's just pretty, who cares?

I completely agree it is merely cosmetic, but I do think cosmetics are important.  They form part of the whole eco-system around the coin.  I think it will show that time and thought has gone into it, will help separate CGA from the herd and make it more attractive in the round.

Sorry, I was a bit terse there. Didn't mean to be, was dealing with my 6 week old daughter at the same time Cheesy

I was trying to say that it's not a high priority as long as the wallet works well. I actually agree that making it attractive is a good idea from a marketing/adoption standpoint. I am not a programmer, but it looks like it's simply a skin in the case of Unobtanium, and it does make it very cool. It should be fairly trivial to do something similar with CGA's wallet.

If I could reskin Electrum, I would. I hate it's layout. But waiting sometimes three days for Bitcoin-qt to sync is annoying, and Electrum does it in a few seconds. I don't use online wallets for anything that's going to last over a day, so the speed is important to me. For bitcoin. Alt coins are more of a hobby to me right now. Interesting, sometimes profitable, and a bit of fun. So speed isn't nearly the issue. However, if someone had what it took to make a wallet similar to Electrum for alt coins, I would use it. And if somebody already has and I missed it, please say so! Cheesy

Have you looked at MuCoWa: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=476411.0

Haven't looked at it myself but it sounds interesting.
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 08:38:47 AM

Have you looked at MuCoWa: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=476411.0

Haven't looked at it myself but it sounds interesting.

I find the "just decompile .jar to examine code" a bit suspicious. It does look interesting, but the built in fees and the lack of source code is a bit scary. I'm not a programmer, but I can hack code well enough to find the cracks.

Electrum is a full client, but the blockchain is kept on online servers. That's why it's fast. It's open source, it could probably be fairly easily adapted to an alt. I doubt it could be a multi-coin wallet in one instance, but I'm not sure of that, as it does have support for multiple wallets with separate keys. I'm not good enough to know, but it would certainly be an interesting project.
ralph12

Activity: 44

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 10:30:12 AM

I just can't get enough of CGA! I seem to spend most of my free time on this forum hitting refresh lol.
lonely_mountain

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 10:44:50 AM

A few quick questions about tomorrow's update:

Have you been in contact with the two exchanges regarding the update?

Are they ready for the update?

Please don't fork this coin up royally.   
dannyel27

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 12:52:31 PM

we need a mac client that works please!
Alohaboy?!

Activity: 1050
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 12:57:16 PM

I just can't get enough of CGA! I seem to spend most of my free time on this forum hitting refresh lol.

haha n1!
tf2honeybadger

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 04:46:37 PM

Windows binary is built, Linux binaries are built or are being built by s4w3d0ff (not sure if he's done it yet), OS X 10.7 binary will be built by s4w3d0ff and I will be building the OS X 10.9 binary. wzttide and I (anomalypool and inceptioncraft) are both ready to switch our pools over. I talked to the owner of LazyCoins last night to make sure he has the newest code for when he launches his beta, and he does. I am not sure about Poloniex, as I don't have contact info for the owner except twitter (and he doesn't reply to tweets usually). s4w3d0ff, did you coordinate with poloniex & allcoin for this update?

EDIT: Just saw an email from s4w3d0ff, and he did indeed email Poloniex and Allcoin.
mxq

Activity: 48

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 05:17:54 PM

Where can download the latest version(windows)?
wzttide

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 05:40:06 PM

Where can download the latest version(windows)?
I'm pretty sure the latest versions will be available on http://cganomaly.com/ as soon as the update is released (which is 20:00 GMT today, 80 minutes to go).
0btc

Activity: 252

0x0a.nl operator

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 05:44:18 PM

I pulled & compiled the new client but have not yet restarted the pool (so it's still running on the old client). Since KGW seems to be actually removed, I suppose it's not backwards compatible and we really have to wait till 20:00 GMT?

Btw, sorry I've been around so little. I've tried to follow the discussion and wanted to contribute at various points but have failed to manage to do so in various ways. Even now, I'll be on the road at 20:00 GMT so I will barely be able to restart the client, let alone hang out on IRC.. I'll always be reachable by PM / mail though!

p2p.0x0a.nl for all your Cryptographic Anomaly, Cypherfunks, FryCoin, GameCredits, Gulden, PenguinCoin, and TittieCoin p2pool nodes! Err.. I mean needs! .. Both.
Pages: « 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... 158 »
  Print  

Jump to: