Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:28:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... 158 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ⚒[CGA] Cryptographic Anomaly - The Elusive Coin⚒  (Read 226213 times)
wzttide

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 12:27:28 PM

i would suggest everyone take there coin off poloniex until they fix there problems they are having.
I would, if I could.

Snap!
Done, will never trade there again.
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
omwtothemoon

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 01:24:52 PM

http://www.reddit.com/r/CryptX/comments/1yph7g/please_add_cryptographic_anomaly_cga/

Vote here too, looks like a promising website
chowmeow

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:35:43 PM

Gogogo.  10 votes a day.  Make it happen.  Pretty sure they are launching on Friday, 2/28.

http://www.allcrypt.com/beta/voting.php
mxq

Activity: 48

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:42:20 PM

Every day I vote on allcrypt and mintpal.
s4w3d0ff (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Spray and Pray

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 08:10:38 PM

I'd like to suggest a different block reward system: Instead of reward every x block, reward every block, but devide the reward (1) by the diff. If the diff is less than 3, 3 is taken.

Examples:
Diff = 1
Code:
1/3 = 0.333333333
Block Reward: 0.333333333

Diff = 10
Code:
1/10 = 0.1
Block Reward: 0.100000000

Diff = 200
Code:
1/200 = 0.005
Block Reward: 0.005

This would have some advantages:
  • The rewards wouldn't change at all over time.
  • Every block pays (rewarding long-time-miners).
  • If a multi pool hits the coin, the diff raises within 2 blocks, the multi pool wouldn't be able to mine much coins.

I have decided to do something similar to this:
Code:
   else if(block > ### ) //Update 1.1.2.3
     {
     if(diff < 3)
     {
     nSubsidy = 1 / 3 * COIN;           //Every 3rd block makes 1 CGA (just split among 3 blocks)
     }

else if(diff > 3)
     {
     if (remain < 1) //Bonus block
     {
     nSubsidy = 1 * COIN;
     }
     else // Normal blocks are 1/diff
     {
     nSubsidy = 1 / diff * COIN;
     }
     }
     }

With this, CGA will come into existence very close to how it has been since the last update. The difference is that instead of getting a full coin in 1 block, the 1 coin is split up among (what would of been) the 0 blocks. I am not sure if I want to keep the "bonus block", it may encourage MP's to take advantage of CGA. My other options are to "reverse" the "bonus block" and make it a 0 block, or just get rid of it all together.

This isn't my final fix. I will be taking out Kimoto's Gravity Well to reduce the risk of an reorg attack, but I have decided to not switch the alog from scrypt. I feel that it will be too big of a change and will only delay the inevitable.

Please let me know what you think.

BTC:15D8VaZco22GTLVrFMAehXyif6EGf8GMYV
|⚒|Cryptographic Anomaly|⚒|
jayguar

Activity: 616
Merit: 526

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 08:16:52 PM

New CGA contest added in Just An Arcade

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄█████████████▄
░░░█████████████████
░░████▄░░░█████▄████
███▀██░░░███████████
██████░░░████████████
███▄██░░░██████▀█████
████░░░░░███████████
█████▄░░░░██████▀░░███
██████░░░░░▀▀▀░░░▄███
░░██████░░██▄▄▄▄████
░░░██████▄▀█▀▄████
░░░░▀█████████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
UNNAMED.EXCHANGE░░░░▄██░░
░░░░██░░░
░░░▀██▀░░
░░░░██░░░

░░▄▄░░░▄▄░░
░░███████░░
▐██▄█▄██▌
██▄  ▀  ▄██
░░░▄▄░░▄██▄░░
░░▀███▄███▌░░
░░░░██████░░░
░░░░▄███▀░░░░
░░░░░▄██░░░
░░░▄████░░░
░░██▀▄██▌░░
░░░░▀██░░
ralph12

Activity: 44

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 09:44:13 PM

i would suggest everyone take there coin off poloniex until they fix there problems they are having.
I would, if I could.

Snap!
Done, will never trade there again.

I've been unable to even login for about 24 hours now.

Edit: at least I can see the trade history now. Some people are selling way too cheap...
brokedummy
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 10:50:04 PM

I only have some WOLF over there at poloniex and I think one of these sundays I'm going to try to trade it out for CGA. I also have figured out who will mine the worthless CGA blocks. I got some of those dualminer scrypt asics. I'll mine the worthless blocks. It will cost a few cents a day.
wzttide

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 06:01:39 AM

I'd like to suggest a different block reward system: Instead of reward every x block, reward every block, but devide the reward (1) by the diff. If the diff is less than 3, 3 is taken.

Examples:
Diff = 1
Code:
1/3 = 0.333333333

Diff = 10
Code:
1/10 = 0.1

Diff = 200
Code:
1/200 = 0.005

• If a multi pool hits the coin, the diff raises within 2 blocks, the multi pool wouldn't be able to mine much coins.

Code:
     {
     if(diff < 3)
     {
     nSubsidy = 1 / 3 * COIN;           //Every 3rd block makes 1 CGA (just split among 3 blocks)
     }

else if(diff > 3)
     {
     {
     nSubsidy = 1 * COIN;
     }
     {
     }
     }
     }

With this, CGA will come into existence very close to how it has been since the last update. The difference is that instead of getting a full coin in 1 block, the 1 coin is split up among (what would of been) the 0 blocks. I am not sure if I want to keep the "bonus block", it may encourage MP's to take advantage of CGA. My other options are to "reverse" the "bonus block" and make it a 0 block, or just get rid of it all together.

This isn't my final fix. I will be taking out Kimoto's Gravity Well to reduce the risk of an reorg attack, but I have decided to not switch the alog from scrypt. I feel that it will be too big of a change and will only delay the inevitable.

This is a great idea! I like it! The bonus block gave me headache too, I think removing it will remove one reason for multipools to hit CGA.
awesomeperson451

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 04:22:02 PM

Examples:
Diff = 1
Code:
1/3 = 0.333333333

Diff = 10
Code:
1/10 = 0.1

Diff = 200
Code:
1/200 = 0.005

Code:
     {
     if(diff < 3)
     {
     }

else if(diff > 3)
     {
     {
     nSubsidy = 1 * COIN;
     }
     {
     }
     }
     }

Two things: First: Yes, removing the bonus blocks would prevent the multipool problem, but it would also remove one of the main reasons this coin is attractive. If cryptographic anomalies are no longer a real thing, all the mystique behind the coin would disappear. It's a brand new system and, really, not a lot of people know how it works; when something knew comes along, a lot of people want to know how it works, so they either come here or go to the website to find out, and by then, they're already far more involved in CGA than they are with most of the other coins, and because of this, these curious people are significantly more likely to become loyal miners and investors. It's the reason I'm here. If we lost this feature, CGA wouldn't attract nearly as many curious people to it as it would have, we would be losing a great deal of our ability to grow, and I don't think the multipool issue is likely enough to risk this. I think we should still reward 1/diff for non-bonus blocks, but I don't think that it would be wise, especially early on like this, to remove the bonus blocks altogether.

Second: Sorry if this comes off like nitpicking, because I don't know how likely or possible this is, but, looking at the code you posted, if the difficulty is exactly 3, every client on the network is going to run into an exception, which would be disastrous. Just change either "if(diff < 3)" or "else if(diff > 3)" to "if(diff <= 3)" or "else if(diff >= 3)". I only know python (and g-code, if that counts- I used to program CNC machines), so I don't know if C++ just handles this automatically- sorry if it does.
mxq

Activity: 48

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 04:49:50 PM

why http://mpos.cga.anomalypool.com/ and http://anomalypool.com:2124/static/ can't connect?
tertius993

Activity: 1012
Merit: 706

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 05:22:33 PM

Examples:
Diff = 1
Code:
1/3 = 0.333333333

Diff = 10
Code:
1/10 = 0.1

Diff = 200
Code:
1/200 = 0.005

Code:
     {
     if(diff < 3)
     {
     }

else if(diff > 3)
     {
     {
     nSubsidy = 1 * COIN;
     }
     {
     }
     }
     }

Two things: First: Yes, removing the bonus blocks would prevent the multipool problem, but it would also remove one of the main reasons this coin is attractive. If cryptographic anomalies are no longer a real thing, all the mystique behind the coin would disappear. It's a brand new system and, really, not a lot of people know how it works; when something knew comes along, a lot of people want to know how it works, so they either come here or go to the website to find out, and by then, they're already far more involved in CGA than they are with most of the other coins, and because of this, these curious people are significantly more likely to become loyal miners and investors. It's the reason I'm here. If we lost this feature, CGA wouldn't attract nearly as many curious people to it as it would have, we would be losing a great deal of our ability to grow, and I don't think the multipool issue is likely enough to risk this. I think we should still reward 1/diff for non-bonus blocks, but I don't think that it would be wise, especially early on like this, to remove the bonus blocks altogether.

Second: Sorry if this comes off like nitpicking, because I don't know how likely or possible this is, but, looking at the code you posted, if the difficulty is exactly 3, every client on the network is going to run into an exception, which would be disastrous. Just change either "if(diff < 3)" or "else if(diff > 3)" to "if(diff <= 3)" or "else if(diff >= 3)". I only know python (and g-code, if that counts- I used to program CNC machines), so I don't know if C++ just handles this automatically- sorry if it does.

I think you have to keep the bonus blocks, otherwise as awesome person says it becomes just like every other coin.  I am worried that this change makes it rather like every other coin anyway ...

Re. The code, I agree for completeness and elegance but isn't diff a FLOAT?  So it can never be exactly 3?
wzttide

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 05:41:26 PM

What do you mean with "can't connect"? There are active miners on the pools.

I think you have to keep the bonus blocks, otherwise as awesome person says it becomes just like every other coin.  I am worried that this change makes it rather like every other coin anyway ...
What's your suggestion?
brokedummy
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 05:45:42 PM

Can't we just leave it like it is and start our own CGA insider multipool that mines all the good CGA blocks and switches to wafflepool or something for the other blocks, then just don't tell anybody on the original post about the multipool so they mine the zero reward blocks.
phzi

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 05:51:24 PM

Can't we just leave it like it is and start our own CGA insider multipool that mines all the good CGA blocks and switches to wafflepool or something for the other blocks, then just don't tell anybody on the original post about the multipool so they mine the zero reward blocks.
lol...
tertius993

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 05:53:22 PM

What's your suggestion?

I don't have one I am afraid, indeed I don't think there is an answer.  The part of the bitcoin protocol which requires that the reward of every block be known at the time you start mining the block means that the original concept of the coin simply cannot be achieved.
omwtothemoon

Activity: 50

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 06:31:45 PM

What's your suggestion?

I don't have one I am afraid, indeed I don't think there is an answer.  The part of the bitcoin protocol which requires that the reward of every block be known at the time you start mining the block means that the original concept of the coin simply cannot be achieved.

Completely removing KMG would get rid of nTime which would solve it right?
s4w3d0ff (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Spray and Pray

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 07:27:21 PM

This would just solve the reorg attack problem, but you can still know what the block is worth before mining (this is a problem all coins have).

I think you have to keep the bonus blocks, otherwise as awesome person says it becomes just like every other coin.  I am worried that this change makes it rather like every other coin anyway ...

Re. The code, I agree for completeness and elegance but isn't diff a FLOAT?  So it can never be exactly 3?

You're right awesomeperson, I should (and will) add if(diff <= 3), thanks for the heads up. Yes tertius, it is a float, tho I have seen the diff have only 1 decimal place at times, and so I believe if we were really lucky (unlucky?) it could happen to fall on a whole number.

As for the bonus block, the problem it creates is that a profit switching multipool could (would) wait until a bonus block shows up and jumps in, steals the 1 CGA, then leaves and leaves everyone with a ridiculously high diff. Yes this would possibly make CGA worth more due the scarcity of the coin would increase, but I'm not sure how long it would take for the diff to drop back down with KGW removed, making CGA much less profitable (IMO). Also, the bonus block actually hurts the elusiveness factor (if a multipool doesn't jump in driving the diff up), it puts more CGA into circulation at any given time, thus making us deviate slightly from what was originally planned (CGA coming into being at 1/diff).

As for the new code making it less of an anomaly, I don't think that is true. By definition an anomaly is a "Deviation or departure from the normal or common order, form, or rule. One that is peculiar, irregular, abnormal, or difficult to classify." I think we have that covered. Wink Also with the new code, the elusive factor is still at play (even at the same rate, 1/diff) so I'm not worried.

BTC:15D8VaZco22GTLVrFMAehXyif6EGf8GMYV
|⚒|Cryptographic Anomaly|⚒|
sublok

Activity: 36

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 07:33:06 PM

What's your suggestion?

I have an insane idea.... why dont we just broadcast the block reward as

Code:
notfound(slice rewardValAfterBlockStarts() )

so was could just declare the value of the block to be x or 0, then after the block begins we update the block hash to reflect the true value ...

tertius993

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 08:03:33 PM

This would just solve the reorg attack problem, but you can still know what the block is worth before mining (this is a problem all coins have).

I think you have to keep the bonus blocks, otherwise as awesome person says it becomes just like every other coin.  I am worried that this change makes it rather like every other coin anyway ...

Re. The code, I agree for completeness and elegance but isn't diff a FLOAT?  So it can never be exactly 3?

You're right awesomeperson, I should (and will) add if(diff <= 3), thanks for the heads up. Yes tertius, it is a float, tho I have seen the diff have only 1 decimal place at times, and so I believe if we were really lucky (unlucky?) it could happen to fall on a whole number.

As for the bonus block, the problem it creates is that a profit switching multipool could (would) wait until a bonus block shows up and jumps in, steals the 1 CGA, then leaves and leaves everyone with a ridiculously high diff. Yes this would possibly make CGA worth more due the scarcity of the coin would increase, but I'm not sure how long it would take for the diff to drop back down with KGW removed, making CGA much less profitable (IMO). Also, the bonus block actually hurts the elusiveness factor (if a multipool doesn't jump in driving the diff up), it puts more CGA into circulation at any given time, thus making us deviate slightly from what was originally planned (CGA coming into being at 1/diff).

As for the new code making it less of an anomaly, I don't think that is true. By definition an anomaly is a "Deviation or departure from the normal or common order, form, or rule. One that is peculiar, irregular, abnormal, or difficult to classify." I think we have that covered. Wink Also with the new code, the elusive factor is still at play (even at the same rate, 1/diff) so I'm not worried.

I'm a truly hopeless coder so may be misreading the code, but doesn't your change simply vary the reward with the difficulty? I.e higher difficulty means a lower reward?

Surely that is exactly what every other coin does? Albeit by making solving the block harder.

Could it not vary more irregularly with the remainder as before but still reward "something" in every block?
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... 158 »
  Print  

Jump to: