Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 04:17:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 158 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ⚒[CGA] Cryptographic Anomaly - The Elusive Coin⚒  (Read 226213 times)
tf2honeybadger

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 02:19:23 AM

InceptionCraft's MPOS pool is now the only pool to have a live updating statistic on the dashboard that shows the probability of the pool generating an anomaly. Here's a screenshot of what it looks like:

I need to polish up the code first, and then I will help wzttide and future pool owners implement it if they want it.

Pool: http://cga.inceptioncraft.net/mpos (PPLNS, 1% fee).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ralph12

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 02:28:59 AM

InceptionCraft's MPOS pool is now the only pool to have a live updating statistic on the dashboard that shows the probability of the pool generating an anomaly. Here's a screenshot of what it looks like:
https://i.imgur.com/GlNFZUQ.png

I need to polish up the code first, and then I will help wzttide and future pool owners implement it if they want it.

Awesome job!
phiz0r

Activity: 32

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 03:25:14 AM

Hey guys, today there is this religious thing among my people where you have to give away things you have, even to strangers. So I sent some CGA to the last five addresses I saw on this thread, hope you don't mind.

You, I like you. I sent a little bit of CGA your way Smiley.
brother3

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 05:39:19 AM

Good job there!!!

Look at the low probability lol!!!
coinBrother

Activity: 33

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 06:09:37 AM

I'd love to implement this!
phzi

Activity: 700

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 06:14:50 AM

So, seriously... why does anyone mine the worthless blocks?  If you know the value of the next block, and it isn't an anomaly, then why is anyone mining that block?
s4w3d0ff (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Spray and Pray

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 06:28:54 AM

So, seriously... why does anyone mine the worthless blocks?  If you know the value of the next block, and it isn't an anomaly, then why is anyone mining that block?
Uhhh you can't project if the block will generate an anomaly until it is solved... Unless you know of some sort of math voodoo?

BTC:15D8VaZco22GTLVrFMAehXyif6EGf8GMYV
|⚒|Cryptographic Anomaly|⚒|
Molitor

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 06:33:59 AM

Hey guys, today there is this religious thing among my people where you have to give away things you have, even to strangers. So I sent some CGA to the last five addresses I saw on this thread, hope you don't mind.

Then I shall share Richese with you...
phzi

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 06:48:26 AM

So, seriously... why does anyone mine the worthless blocks?  If you know the value of the next block, and it isn't an anomaly, then why is anyone mining that block?
Uhhh you can't project if the block will generate an anomaly until it is solved... Unless you know of some sort of math voodoo?

https://github.com/s4w3d0ff/cryptographicanomaly/blob/master/src/main.cpp
Code:
int64 static GetBlockValue(int nHeight, int64 nFees)
{        
    int64 nSubsidy = 0 * COIN;
    double diff = GetDifficulty();
    double block = nHeight;
    double remain = fmod(block, diff);
[...]
}

The [...] is just logic at different block heights to fix the "all blocks are anomalies at low diff" bug, but essentially equates to this code with a small exception for low diff:

Code:
if(remain < 1 && remain > 0.1)
{
            nSubsidy = 1 * COIN;
}

That looks 100% predictable to me.  You know the difficulty, and you know the block height, so therefore you know if the next block is an anomaly or not.  Anyone can take the current block height and the difficulty, and run fmod(nHeight, diff) and know if the reward is 0 or 1.
s4w3d0ff (OP)

Spray and Pray

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 06:55:39 AM

So, seriously... why does anyone mine the worthless blocks?  If you know the value of the next block, and it isn't an anomaly, then why is anyone mining that block?

https://github.com/s4w3d0ff/cryptographicanomaly/blob/master/src/main.cpp
Code:
int64 static GetBlockValue(int nHeight, int64 nFees)
{        
    int64 nSubsidy = 0 * COIN;
    double diff = GetDifficulty();
    double block = nHeight;
    double remain = fmod(block, diff);
[...]

The [...] is just logic at different block heights to fix the "all blocks are anomalies at low diff" bug.

That looks 100% predictable to me.  You know the difficulty, and you know the block height, so therefore you know if the next block is an anomaly or not.

And so you know EXACTLY what the net hash rate is going to be and how long it will take to solve the next block, thus predicting the new difficulty BEFORE the coin can. I'd like to know how.... And if you could... You should make a pool that has 100% profitability for CGA...

phzi

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 07:01:03 AM
Last edit: February 23, 2014, 07:12:21 AM by phzi

And so you know EXACTLY what the net hash rate is going to be and how long it will take to solve the next block, thus predicting the new difficulty BEFORE the coin can. I'd like to know how.... And if you could... You should make a pool that has 100% profitability for CGA...
Ah I see, so you're relying on KGW to change the diff every block and therefore make the diff input to fmod(block, diff) unpredictable.

Interesting point there tho... I will have to dig into KGW a bit more - is it based on ntime or broadcast time?  If I recall correctly, it's purely based on nTime differences (but I could be totally wrong).
If nTime based, then you could calculate the nTime required on the next block to produce an anomaly, and use that nTime, no?

Edit:

Yup... it definitely looks that way - so... here's what I'm thinking:

Kimoto's gravity well uses:
Code:
PastRateActualSeconds = BlockLastSolved->GetBlockTime() - BlockReading->GetBlockTime();

As it's key adjustment variable... now, given that GetBlockTime is:

Code:
int64 GetBlockTime() const
    {
        return (int64)nTime;
    }

That means unless I am missing something, it should be possible to make EVERY block you mine an anomaly by carefully selecting the nTime you use on your block.  Mind you, this is a rather quick thought and I definitely could be missing something.
s4w3d0ff (OP)

Spray and Pray

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 07:11:28 AM

Ah I see, so you're relying on KGW to change the diff every block and therefore make the diff input to fmod(block, diff) unpredictable.

Interesting point there tho... I will have to dig into KGW a bit more - is it based on ntime or broadcast time?  
If nTime, then you could calculate the nTime required on the next block to produce an anomaly, and use that nTime, no?
That isn't necessarily how KGW works (it kind of "averages" the time between blocks) but what I'm getting at is that as soon as you calculate which block will generate an anomaly, you would have to be "lucky" enough to jump in at the right time and solve the block. But since everyone is trying to solve that block... your odds are slim. And lets say you aren't the only one trying to do this... Now your odds have gotten even worst. This forces miners to stay in the network and solve the reward-less blocks, for it actually raises their odds.

Edit: But no the diff doesn't change every block... every 2 blocks, so yes you could still "try" and raise your odds by hopping... but that just seems unreasonable.

phzi

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 07:14:05 AM

That isn't necessarily how KGW works (it kind of "averages" the time between blocks) but what I'm getting at is that as soon as you calculate which block will generate an anomaly, you would have to be "lucky" enough to jump in at the right time and solve the block. But since everyone is trying to solve that block... your odds are slim. And lets say you aren't the only one trying to do this... Now your odds have gotten even worst. This forces miners to stay in the network and solve the reward-less blocks, for it actually raises their odds.

See the edit to my last post, since you have a fair bit of play with nTime, and from my quick analysis of KGW, it seems you could make EVERY block you find an anomaly.

The only unknown variable to calculate the diff of the next block seems to be nTime...

I will have to dig into that tomorrow.

Also, as far as "hopping on" only for valuable blocks - that's exactly what smart multi-pools do with Doge, Leaf, Moon, Lotto, etc... since all of their block rewards are seeded from the previous block hash, and are therefore predictable before the block is mined.  Based on design, you either have to known the BlockValue before hand, or else it is likely possible to choose what block value suits you - I have yet to figure or see out a way around that, which is what brought me to think about CGA.
s4w3d0ff (OP)

Spray and Pray

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 07:16:03 AM

See the edit to my last post, since you have a fair bit of play with nTime, and from my quick analysis of KGW, it seems you could make EVERY block you find an anomaly.

The only unknown variable to calculate the diff of the next block seems to be nTime...

I will have to dig into that tomorrow.

Also, as far as "hopping on" only for valuable blocks - that's exactly what smart multi-pools do with Doge, Leaf, Moon, Lotto, etc... since all of their block rewards are seeded from the previous block hash, and are therefore predictable before the block is mined.

My edit above:

But no the diff doesn't change every block... every 2 blocks, so yes you could still "try" and raise your odds by hopping... but that just seems unreasonable.

phzi

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 07:18:43 AM

But no the diff doesn't change every block... every 2 blocks, so yes you could still "try" and raise your odds by hopping... but that just seems unreasonable.
Hm... well, might have to play a bit with this tomorrow.  To me, it seems there is a sure way to ensure you're never mining a worthless block.  Which then seems like it would make those people mining the worthless blocks nothing short of fools.  I also presume it's likely someone else has already figured this out.

At a minimum at least, you could tell if every 2nd block is worth mining or not, and if not, mine Litecoin or something instead of wasting your hashes on a worthless CGA block.
s4w3d0ff (OP)

Spray and Pray

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 07:22:02 AM

Hm... well, might have to play a bit with this tomorrow.  To me, it seems there is a sure way to ensure you're never mining a worthless block.  Which then seems like it would make those people mining the worthless blocks nothing short of fools.  I also presume it's likely someone else has already figured this out.

At a minimum at least, you could tell if every 2nd block is worth mining or not, and if not, mine Litecoin or something instead of wasting your hashes on a worthless CGA block.
Aww you may be right... I see this as kinda "over the top" tho...

phzi

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 07:27:28 AM

Aww you may be right... I see this as kinda "over the top" tho...
Heh, it's what the 40MH/s+ on the big profitability switching pools do to all the variable rate coins.  I just find it interesting that the hashrate on CGA seems so steady given this.  But maybe it's not - I think I'll try running some stats calculations tomorrow to determine if there is a potential difference in the discovery rate of anomaly blocks vs non-anomaly blocks - I have a feeling it'll be statistically significant.
brokedummy
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 12:54:07 PM

Repent now unbelievers! The day of reckoning shall soon be upon us!
oudekaas

Activity: 350

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 01:02:11 PM

Updated http://CGAnomaly.com some more. The about page is pretty much complete. I also added a probability excel spreadsheet that does the math for you. Check it out and give me your thoughts of improvement.

hello, I like this coin, but could somebody explain to me how the system actually works Smiley
Like the way I read it, the more popular (read more hashpower???)CGA is the less anomalies are found thus less coins overall are found?
if this is true, am I right in saying that the exchange would not necesseraly increase even though scarse the people still need a reason to buy it?

Just wondering, I believe someone posted a message saying this is an investors dream, could anyone explain why that is so?
Also if mining becomes difficult miners stop, therefor adding more coins and the coin would be less worth,
As you read I probably am talking horsecrap so could someone explain what to expect on this coin?

To summarize I like to invest, but right now I feel that apart from its uniqueness in the way it adjusts how an anomaly is found I don't understand the economical benefit of it yet.

Thx

for me it is an investors dream because your coins cannot loose value thru inflation by the supply of coins even commercial mining and multipools hits this coin, just look at TIPS, EAC and many more..although many want to invest the supply of coins overwhelmed the demand thus driving the price down.

edit: if the price goes down, confidence/faith go down too.

Thx for explaining, so apart from the above, how fast is this coin what is it aiming to become?
I agree that right now coins are just a way to earn a quick buck mostly apart from a few coins.
How are we advertising this coin? A way to save money? How do i convince someone to join this coin?
Also what needs to happen before all of a sudden the difficulty decreases so much that yiur coins become worthless. How likely/ unlikely is this?
In other words how many hashes have we got now on all the pools and how much does it take for the difficulty to drop that your coins become worthless?

▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM

MrE78

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 03:03:56 PM

I have decided that I will never sell this coin under .1 (slightly undervalued) and never more then 1/2 of my wallet. All the maths point CGA is fully undervalued right now and the coin just lacks press behind it, I have been doing all I can to get it spread word of mouth however I lack ties to the big bloggers and bitcoin news sites.

I have tried to personally ask a couple exchanges to accept the coin also. Without a big exchange we can not really do all the fun stuff with the coins, so make sure to reach out also sometimes it just takes that one extra whisper in an ear to get something through.

I really can see this coin taking a place as a term investment and a currency at like auction sites to start. Just need to find one that will take it.

Like CEX.IO but better SCRYPT.CC Scrypt based cloud hashing PM for script for auto reinvest
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 158 »
  Print  

Jump to: