Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:50:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 158 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ⚒[CGA] Cryptographic Anomaly - The Elusive Coin⚒  (Read 226228 times)
Taint

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 11:48:22 PM

The forking issues need to be resolved before the coin can be traded reliably on an Exchange. So holding off is a good thing. 42 Coin was crippled by being listed too early on an Exchange; so yes we need transactions and volume, but we also need Stability.

CGA won't be worth anything if transactions can't be processed, or if an Exchange itself ends up on a fork.

Want Free Bitcoins? Try http://freebitco.in/?r=343120

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ralph12

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 12:01:49 AM

Sorry all I was one of the nodes still on the old version (58.6.247.70) but don't believe it forked. Anyway I've updated now.
s4w3d0ff (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Spray and Pray

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 12:06:56 AM

Well if it makes everyone feel better, I will be emailing the exchange shortly to tell them that we sorted things out and would love to have our coin on the exchange. I am sorry if this whole thing is upsetting anyone, but myself and the other members that have been working non-stop to make this coin great, were in a pickle and wanted to make sure our network was stable before we put CGA on an exchange.

We have hopefully resolved the issues we were having with forks by temporarily banning the IP's we believe to be causing the fork on the "main" hardcoded nodes.

The IP's are:

If you are one of these IPs (try googling "what is my public IP") please update and let us know that you have so we can un-ban you.

BTC:15D8VaZco22GTLVrFMAehXyif6EGf8GMYV
|⚒|Cryptographic Anomaly|⚒|
ralph12

Activity: 44

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 12:11:06 AM

Well if it makes everyone feel better, I will be emailing the exchange shortly to tell them that we sorted things out and would love to have our coin on the exchange. I am sorry if this whole thing is upsetting anyone, but myself and the other members that have been working non-stop to make this coin great, were in a pickle and wanted to make sure our network was stable before we put CGA on an exchange.

+1

I've been following this coin closely since a few hours after it's launch, don't claim to be an expert but I feel this is the right decision.
rfe3

Activity: 66

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 12:11:31 AM

and i really couldn't understand why 2 people taken as ''community'',

if this coins community is 2 people, than nobody can blame us to try to dump coins and move on..
you made a mistake to delay exchange without a poll..

Dude....Really!!! I don't think your qualified to make any judgment about this "Community". If you'd spend some time reading the 35 or so pages in this Thread you'd get a real idea of how many People have been here trying to help every day since the launch.... You've made more Posts on this thread today than in the last 9 days, and it seems the thought of not being able to Dump your Coins has sparked some kind of outrage...

I spent about 20 min. reading through your past Posts on Bitcointalk and the pattern is the same...You've been in on the launch of 10 or so Coins in the past month or so...Slagging off the ones that Pissed you off somehow and trying to buy in early and selling as quickly as possible to make a Profit... I quit reading on Page 6 or so because the Theme was repetitive. Don't get me wrong, there is absoutely nothing wrong with making a little Profit, everyone would like to make a little Profit sometime, but you haven't really been involved in any of the Coins you mine and Trade from the perspective of long term sustainability....Pump and Dump....Your proving it at the moment...

i dont need to read, you need.
i'm here since start.
saw something new and mine till today..
even it launched without Windows wallet..

page 5 post#99
why without Windows wallet?  Huh
is it too hard to send code someone trustworthy to compile Windows wallet before launch?

it's true i try to mine every coins launch..
dump mostly if i don't see light anymore..
trade them if there is a light.
If these are 'coins', i'm performing simple economics..
and really i don't think you're qualified or smart enough to judge me.

Don't need to Judge you, nor am I trying to...Just stating the facts based on your past actions, they, are a key factor as to why you are pushing so hard to get this Coin listed NOW instead of waiting a little bit untill it's really ready to Trade.

Talk about Judging...I think I'm smart enough to see your pattern and plans for Crypto-currencies....Get Rich quick... Shocked No time to let the Coin mature and no patience for the long game. Invest and take a chance... that's the strategy for a win in Crypto-currencies. I also mine a few coins, but really only those that I think have something going for it in the long term (like this one). I own about 20 different coins, the rest I just buy and sit on, I haven't sold a single Coin since I got into this Game...I'll loose money on some, sure ..it's a risk, but It's money I can afford to loose and the ones that do make it will more than offset the losses... I guess that makes me smart enough...
tf2honeybadger

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 12:15:33 AM

We have hopefully resolved the issues we were having with forks by temporarily banning the IP's we believe to be causing the fork on the "main" hardcoded nodes.

The IP's are:

If you are one of these IPs (try googling "what is my public IP") please update and let us know that you have so we can un-ban you.

Adding onto this:
If you're one of these IP addresses:
...please update asap! If they're in your config file, you should remove them before block 15,000 comes around.

The temporary bans are just that a temporary fix. We're working on making the next client release reject connecting to any pre-block-reward-change client, as well as some other additions that will make the coin more future-proof (such as getting the alert system to work).

Sorry all I was one of the nodes still on the old version (58.6.247.70) but don't believe it forked. Anyway I've updated now.
Thank you for updating!
mycointr

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 12:17:22 AM

The IP's are:

great news !!
someone wants to buy my coins atm but it's not easy when coin is not tradeable..
trust issues and escrow needs are simply enough to make people forget a coin.
let free market decide the value.
if someone dump at a low price, another will buy if he feels price is really low.
Molitor

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 12:24:56 AM

My belief is that if it the coin doesn't hit any exchange, people will stop mining it, and coins will merely be exchanged for minimal amounts by those who have given up on the coin, to those who are already mining it.  People who missed out on the first week of mining may, unfortunately, look at is as a missed-opportunity.  There needs to be a public value on an exchange for there to be incentive for new members to mine it.

Nobody's talking about it not going on an exchange. The discussion was about delaying it.

Since the intent of delaying the coin has been expressed, people who believe this coin is dead will bail as soon as they find out, and the coin should start to collapse immediately, so we'll see if you're correct in the next few days.

If only the people intending to mine/dump bail, it's all the better for people who stick with the coin long term (i.e., 30 days  Roll Eyes). It's better for two reasons: The supporters and small-timers will be rewarded with more coins, and it will drain the swamp of predatory dumpers when it hits the exchange a month from now. You'll have a more mature coin with more stable values with people who actually want to trade, instead of dump on n00bs who get killed in a ClusterFFFFFFFFFFortytwo, which is incredibly harmful to the whole concept of cryptocurrency.

rfe3

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 12:29:19 AM

My belief is that if it the coin doesn't hit any exchange, people will stop mining it, and coins will merely be exchanged for minimal amounts by those who have given up on the coin, to those who are already mining it.  People who missed out on the first week of mining may, unfortunately, look at is as a missed-opportunity.  There needs to be a public value on an exchange for there to be incentive for new members to mine it.

Nobody's talking about it not going on an exchange. The discussion was about delaying it.

Since the intent of delaying the coin has been expressed, people who believe this coin is dead will bail as soon as they find out, and the coin should start to collapse immediately, so we'll see if you're correct in the next few days.

If only the people intending to mine/dump bail, it's all the better for people who stick with the coin long term (i.e., 30 days  Roll Eyes). It's better for two reasons: The supporters and small-timers will be rewarded with more coins, and it will drain the swamp of predatory dumpers when it hits the exchange a month from now. You'll have a more mature coin with more stable values with people who actually want to trade, instead of dump on n00bs who get killed in a ClusterFFFFFFFFFFortytwo, which is incredibly harmful to the whole concept of cryptocurrency.

+1 A man (I assume) after my own Heart...
mycointr

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 12:32:31 AM

Don't need to Judge you, nor am I trying to...Just stating the facts based on your past actions, they, are a key factor as to why you are pushing so hard to get this Coin listed NOW instead of waiting a little bit untill it's really ready to Trade.

Talk about Judging...I think I'm smart enough to see your pattern and plans for Crypto-currencies....Get Rich quick... Shocked No time to let the Coin mature and no patience for the long game. Invest and take a chance... that's the strategy for a win in Crypto-currencies. I also mine a few coins, but really only those that I think have something going for it in the long term (like this one). I own about 20 different coins, the rest I just buy and sit on, I haven't sold a single Coin since I got into this Game...I'll loose money on some, sure ..it's a risk, but It's money I can afford to loose and the ones that do make it will more than offset the losses... I guess that makes me smart enough...

it's your desicion if you decide to sit on something, it don't bother me.
i also prefer my decisions to not bother you or anyone either.
if you still have problem on them, please contact from pm. your conserns about my actions have nothing to do with CGA.

also if you like to have some mature coins, i can gift you some,

crapcoin-qt
cryptoshekel-qt-win
fellatio-qt-0.8.6-win32
pesetacoin-win-qt
RastaCoin-Wallet
reserved-qt
stalwartbucks
turko-windows

and goes on....
but.... you'll need to give some hash to run wallets.

rfe3

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 12:44:54 AM

it's your desicion if you decide to sit on something, it don't bother me.
i also prefer my decisions to not bother you or anyone either.
if you still have problem on them, please contact from pm. your conserns about my actions have nothing to do with CGA.

also if you like to have some mature coins, i can gift you some,

crapcoin-qt
cryptoshekel-qt-win
fellatio-qt-0.8.6-win32
pesetacoin-win-qt
RastaCoin-Wallet
reserved-qt
stalwartbucks
turko-windows

and goes on....
but.... you'll need to give some hash to run wallets.

Dude, I'm not trying to have a Pissing contest with you, it's detrimental to the whole community...The whole point is that we need to make sure the Coin is ready for a mass influx of Miners, any screw ups after the listing will mean certian death for the coin. You're exactly right, we all have the right to our own strategies and thats Cool...Lets call a Truce and get on with mining... Wink
mycointr

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 12:55:40 AM

Dude, I'm not trying to have a Pissing contest with you, it's detrimental to the whole community...The whole point is that we need to make sure the Coin is ready for a mass influx of Miners, any screw ups after the listing will mean certian death for the coin. You're exactly right, we all have the right to our own strategies and thats Cool...Lets call a Truce and get on with mining... Wink

i also think same. community need to decide. but community is not you and Molitor, neither me or someone else.
a poll can answer what community want easily.
i can only respect a decision about not to involve at exchanges with a poll.
Molitor

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 01:12:56 AM

i also think same. community need to decide. but community is not you and Molitor, neither me or someone else.

No, the developers must make all decisions as to what's best for the coin. Whether you respect them is irrelevant.

They should take community opinion in account, but should not be bound by it, as too many people will vote in their own short-term self-interest and not what's best for the currency.
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 01:38:11 AM

this coin is great..this is the first rare coin with whole numbers  Cheesy
brother3

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 02:41:38 AM

No, the developers must make all decisions as to what's best for the coin. Whether you respect them is irrelevant.

They should take community opinion in account, but should not be bound by it, as too many people will vote in their own short-term self-interest and not what's best for the currency.

Amen brother...Amen...
brother3

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 02:44:59 AM

The IP's are:

Adding onto this:
If you're one of these IP addresses:
...please update asap! If they're in your config file, you should remove them before block 15,000 comes around.

The temporary bans are just that a temporary fix. We're working on making the next client release reject connecting to any pre-block-reward-change client, as well as some other additions that will make the coin more future-proof (such as getting the alert system to work).

Thank you for updating!

So the nodes listed in the OP are the good ones?
gargouri2001

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 02:46:53 AM

+1
chickenliver503

Activity: 204

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 02:48:28 AM

beware starmex may be a scamer i send 5 to him and he never set the ltc. i am dumb this is the second time i have been scamed on this site, i should prob not sell any more on this site, i am still over 100 so 5 really does bother me that much though.
tf2honeybadger

Activity: 189

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 02:49:32 AM

[truncated because this was getting really long]

Yes, the nodes in the OP are confirmed to be running the latest software and on the correct fork.
brother3

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 03:09:16 AM

[truncated because this was getting really long]

Yes, the nodes in the OP are confirmed to be running the latest software and on the correct fork.

Thank you kindly!!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 158 »
  Print  

Jump to: