Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:36:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 [150] 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ⚒[CGA] Cryptographic Anomaly - The Elusive Coin⚒  (Read 226222 times)
coinflow
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:47:52 PM

I don't understand what FORK means. I know we ain't talkin salad fork.... But what the fork does forking FORK mean in this application?
I keep reading and hearing Fork this and fork that and this forked so now its all forked up and you need to bypass the fork or get a new fork...just fork it, man!

Okay, just point me in the right direction and I'll study up on all this and become a good little wallet caretaker like I should have been in the first place, I recon Wink

Woof! Woof!

There are 2 terms relating to "forks", first one is a blockchain fork caused by mining: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Block_chain
The other is a "hard fork" usually made by the developers when certain code is changed and an update is required.

The first one is really quite random and usually the cause for wallets having a hard time syncing. A pool or solominer solves a block near the same time as another and builds upon its own chain, if all the wallets are not connected or talking properly to each other the network can "split" onto 2 (or more) different blockchains and each side claims to be the "right" one. If the network is big enough the wallets usually fix themselves and find the "right" chain by comparing its chain with what everyone else has. If the network is small the wallet will not be able to verify if the chain it is on is correct and then throws the error message we see so much. Only way to combat this is to get more seed nodes that can talk to everyone and get everyone on the right page.

So for now, if you are on the right chain, it is beneficial for users to share there connected peers and that everyone updates their config files with these peers.

Sorry if I sound irritated but it is a common misconception that network issues can just be "magically" fixed by an update. An update can only fix bugs that are causing network issues, but this latest update is the closest CGA will get to being "bug free" when it comes to what the crypto world has to offer.

Okay, thanks....but, the question is - what does 'fork' mean.... It sounds like it has the same meaning as 'fork in the road',,ie a split,, go this way or that way...right? This is what FORK means?

Why the difficulty in keeping all wallets in comm' with each other? They all comm' through the same server/s, right? Or at least they should. A fork should be preventable, not possible, this doesn't need to even happen but it seems to be allowed to happen because 'that's just the way it is'Huh?? Come on! There has to be a solution to this...

I upgraded my wallet to the latest binary 1.3.4.1,, still, no joy! Shows behind 21 hours...not syncing..
I don't understand the procedure to add the nodes so it will communicate with the right chain and update correctly..
Can someone explain the procedure in simple and specific A B C terms without going off on other tangents?
Thanks

Have you even tried to read the previous posts? See this one:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=437950.msg6918351#msg6918351

But use the IP-addresses from the P2Pools that can be found here:
http://5.45.105.66:8080

FLAME ON! Angry
NO! I haven't! I as well as many others - obviously do not want to be bothered with FORK hunting!
I want to mine and store my CGA coins and not be forked with otherwise! GET IT?Huh I dont' need being given homework I didn't sign up for in the first place!
Don't give me any grief about it either. Mine/our needs/wants/intentions and purposes are just as honorable and meaningful as yours are!
I don't want to be bothered by this crap! Just fix the darn wallet and leave us alone!

If you don't understand the concept of Bitcoin and the derivates, that is no problem. If you are too lazy to inform yourself, that IS a problem.
Go read this:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1a51xx/now_that_its_over_the_blockchain_fork_explained/

... and if you still feel to output your uninformedness, come back. Otherwise, I'd say don't drive a car without a drivers license. Get it?

I'm sure, the dev is doing what he can, but he surely can't change the basic rules, that apply to ALL cryptocurrencies, even Bitcoin. You'll understand that, if you read, what I gave you as "homework". ----------> http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1a51xx/now_that_its_over_the_blockchain_fork_explained/

Puhh! Drivers license? Wha?
Anyway, the point you are missing is that I have several other wallets that WORK and they all , if any, only require a periodic binary update or a reset at the very worst!
I mine coins, I store coins, I exchange those coins with other 'wallet' holders for goods and services etc. No fuss, no muss! NO HOMEWORK! No forcing me to get educated on crap I couldn't care less about. Yeah, woefully and blissfully ignorant of it, thank you!
I don't give a crap!
PLEASE just Fix my CGA, link me the correct fixed wallet binary and I'll be happy of my own willful ignorance of its inner workings.
Thank you for your efforts! Keep up the good work!

I think you still don't get it, that these problems can hit ALL of your other coins sooner or later. Will you be whining in their threads/forums as well then?
I gave you the link to educate yourself about common problems of the crypto-currency-concept, that can hit each an every coin.
If you read the article/comment on reddit, you would know, that it hit Bitcoin and Bitcoin is the leading crypto ...
But ignorance is bliss, I suppose.

Edit: I just wanted to help you and describe a method of a workaround to get your wallet going again. Maybe at least it can support other readers/users having problems.

hah hah! I'm not whining... I'm FLAMING! Remember? Wink
I appreciate your help. I'm just aggravated that I have to FORK over the time to handle a distraction like this and now I have to learn more shyt that I didnt' plan on...that's all....But I know that's the way it goes sometimes.....shyt happens....then you're FORKED!  Grin

Right....speaking of whining sissy's... you could have saved a lot of back and forth by simply re-iterating - re-stating - re-enforcing this link... https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=437950.msg6918351#msg6918351
That's what I would have done if I were you Tongue  Grin
Wallet updating now... it better work!

You're a troll, I knew it.
See all the quotes above. That was what I was linking above already. Just READ, what people are writing!!!!!! It was MY OWN posting from some days ago and I recited/relinked it already FOR YOU!
So why don't you simply RTFM and don't bother others anymore. Thanks.

Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wolfey2014

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 08:53:41 PM

I don't understand what FORK means. I know we ain't talkin salad fork.... But what the fork does forking FORK mean in this application?
I keep reading and hearing Fork this and fork that and this forked so now its all forked up and you need to bypass the fork or get a new fork...just fork it, man!

Okay, just point me in the right direction and I'll study up on all this and become a good little wallet caretaker like I should have been in the first place, I recon Wink

Woof! Woof!

There are 2 terms relating to "forks", first one is a blockchain fork caused by mining: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Block_chain
The other is a "hard fork" usually made by the developers when certain code is changed and an update is required.

The first one is really quite random and usually the cause for wallets having a hard time syncing. A pool or solominer solves a block near the same time as another and builds upon its own chain, if all the wallets are not connected or talking properly to each other the network can "split" onto 2 (or more) different blockchains and each side claims to be the "right" one. If the network is big enough the wallets usually fix themselves and find the "right" chain by comparing its chain with what everyone else has. If the network is small the wallet will not be able to verify if the chain it is on is correct and then throws the error message we see so much. Only way to combat this is to get more seed nodes that can talk to everyone and get everyone on the right page.

So for now, if you are on the right chain, it is beneficial for users to share there connected peers and that everyone updates their config files with these peers.

Sorry if I sound irritated but it is a common misconception that network issues can just be "magically" fixed by an update. An update can only fix bugs that are causing network issues, but this latest update is the closest CGA will get to being "bug free" when it comes to what the crypto world has to offer.

Okay, thanks....but, the question is - what does 'fork' mean.... It sounds like it has the same meaning as 'fork in the road',,ie a split,, go this way or that way...right? This is what FORK means?

Why the difficulty in keeping all wallets in comm' with each other? They all comm' through the same server/s, right? Or at least they should. A fork should be preventable, not possible, this doesn't need to even happen but it seems to be allowed to happen because 'that's just the way it is'Huh?? Come on! There has to be a solution to this...

I upgraded my wallet to the latest binary 1.3.4.1,, still, no joy! Shows behind 21 hours...not syncing..
I don't understand the procedure to add the nodes so it will communicate with the right chain and update correctly..
Can someone explain the procedure in simple and specific A B C terms without going off on other tangents?
Thanks

Have you even tried to read the previous posts? See this one:

But use the IP-addresses from the P2Pools that can be found here:

FLAME ON! Angry
NO! I haven't! I as well as many others - obviously do not want to be bothered with FORK hunting!
I want to mine and store my CGA coins and not be forked with otherwise! GET IT?Huh I dont' need being given homework I didn't sign up for in the first place!
Don't give me any grief about it either. Mine/our needs/wants/intentions and purposes are just as honorable and meaningful as yours are!
I don't want to be bothered by this crap! Just fix the darn wallet and leave us alone!

If you don't understand the concept of Bitcoin and the derivates, that is no problem. If you are too lazy to inform yourself, that IS a problem.
Go read this:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1a51xx/now_that_its_over_the_blockchain_fork_explained/

... and if you still feel to output your uninformedness, come back. Otherwise, I'd say don't drive a car without a drivers license. Get it?

I'm sure, the dev is doing what he can, but he surely can't change the basic rules, that apply to ALL cryptocurrencies, even Bitcoin. You'll understand that, if you read, what I gave you as "homework". ----------> http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1a51xx/now_that_its_over_the_blockchain_fork_explained/

Puhh! Drivers license? Wha?
Anyway, the point you are missing is that I have several other wallets that WORK and they all , if any, only require a periodic binary update or a reset at the very worst!
I mine coins, I store coins, I exchange those coins with other 'wallet' holders for goods and services etc. No fuss, no muss! NO HOMEWORK! No forcing me to get educated on crap I couldn't care less about. Yeah, woefully and blissfully ignorant of it, thank you!
I don't give a crap!
PLEASE just Fix my CGA, link me the correct fixed wallet binary and I'll be happy of my own willful ignorance of its inner workings.
Thank you for your efforts! Keep up the good work!

I think you still don't get it, that these problems can hit ALL of your other coins sooner or later. Will you be whining in their threads/forums as well then?
I gave you the link to educate yourself about common problems of the crypto-currency-concept, that can hit each an every coin.
If you read the article/comment on reddit, you would know, that it hit Bitcoin and Bitcoin is the leading crypto ...
But ignorance is bliss, I suppose.

Edit: I just wanted to help you and describe a method of a workaround to get your wallet going again. Maybe at least it can support other readers/users having problems.

hah hah! I'm not whining... I'm FLAMING! Remember? Wink
I appreciate your help. I'm just aggravated that I have to FORK over the time to handle a distraction like this and now I have to learn more shyt that I didnt' plan on...that's all....But I know that's the way it goes sometimes.....shyt happens....then you're FORKED!  Grin

Right....speaking of whining sissy's... you could have saved a lot of back and forth by simply re-iterating - re-stating - re-enforcing this link... https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=437950.msg6918351#msg6918351
That's what I would have done if I were you Tongue  Grin
Wallet updating now... it better work!

You're a troll, I knew it.
See all the quotes above. That was what I was linking above already. Just READ, what people are writing!!!!!! It was MY OWN posting from some days ago and I recited/relinked it already FOR YOU!
So why don't you simply RTFM and don't bother others anymore. Thanks.
Truth hurts doesn't it....
Go ahead...Keep TRYIN TO BE RIGHT!!!  Grin

I Modify Miners Professionally! PM me for details!
brokedummy
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:54:09 PM

Anyone know why  digital mint block explorer is down?  http://cga.thedigitalmint.org/

So is http://pool.webcoin.us/cga/statistics/blockchain

Makes it kind of hard to figure out if and what is wrong. I have 5 blocks with question marks in my Transactions.  I may have been on the wrong chain but when I restarted the wallet it did not give me any errors.

Rejoice, theDigitalmint block explorer is back up.
wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 08:58:52 PM

Thanks

It's really not that hard. You probably don't need to add nodes, what you need to do is delete your bad chain data. There is a folder on your computer and in it you have your wallet.dat and a bunch of other files. Your wallet.dat is super important and holds your public addresses and private keys. Don't delete it, lose it or let anybody else find it. So you updated to 1.3.4.1 but it is stuck 21 hours behind? You just close the wallet. Navigate to the folder with your wallet.dat Delete all the files in that folder except for your wallet.dat Run the client again. This time it should get past the bad block and sync to the correct chain. I use windows so I go to Users>Username>Appdata>Roaming>Cryptographicanomaly then delete the bad chain data, leaving only my wallet.dat and run it again. If this still doesn't work I would add a conf file with addnodes.

That is all you need to do, and once every CGA user does this, that bad chain data will be deleted forever and wont cause this hiccup anymore.

Right, already tried that when upgrading....didn't work...hence the unnecessary back and forth with coinface....
all he needed to do was show what was asked for in the first place, then he wouldn't now be trying to be right about it at others' expense...
This is all that was needed to be said.... go ahead coinface, try to be right about it.... Wink

brokedummy
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 09:52:01 PM

Thanks

It's really not that hard. You probably don't need to add nodes, what you need to do is delete your bad chain data. There is a folder on your computer and in it you have your wallet.dat and a bunch of other files. Your wallet.dat is super important and holds your public addresses and private keys. Don't delete it, lose it or let anybody else find it. So you updated to 1.3.4.1 but it is stuck 21 hours behind? You just close the wallet. Navigate to the folder with your wallet.dat Delete all the files in that folder except for your wallet.dat Run the client again. This time it should get past the bad block and sync to the correct chain. I use windows so I go to Users>Username>Appdata>Roaming>Cryptographicanomaly then delete the bad chain data, leaving only my wallet.dat and run it again. If this still doesn't work I would add a conf file with addnodes.

That is all you need to do, and once every CGA user does this, that bad chain data will be deleted forever and wont cause this hiccup anymore.

Right, already tried that when upgrading....didn't work...hence the unnecessary back and forth with coinface....
all he needed to do was show what was asked for in the first place, then he wouldn't now be trying to be right about it at others' expense...
This is all that was needed to be said.... go ahead coinface, try to be right about it.... Wink

It's something you may have to try multiple times until it gets past the hung network and joins the moving network.
wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 09:57:30 PM

Thanks

It's something you may have to try multiple times until it gets past the hung network and joins the moving network.

Right, no worries. It's all sync'd up again thanks to CoinFlow's instructions on page 146, I believe....
Now I can start abusing my privileges again  Grin

coinflow
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 10:46:00 PM

Thanks

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=437950.msg7002020#msg7002020

So who was going back and forth unnecessarily now? Only because he obviously cannot or doesn't want to read?

imall4btc

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 10:53:35 PM

Guys, is "theminingpools.com" a scam pool?? I couldn't find a reliable pool to mine CGA, so started mining with 'em with more than 780 kH/s and it is more than 5 hours of mining (now stopped!) but I didn't receive a single cent in my coin wallet, though as stated on their website payouts are made every hour. So is there something wrong with this pool??

Thanks

nah, my mining pool is ignoring CGA until it gets its self back together as well. It hasn't even pointed our workers at CGA in 4 days now where before that I was receiving coins on a regular basis.... CGA IS literally ALL FORKED UP! We'll just have to wait until it's trusted again....

Hmm, thanks for confirming. Btw, which pool are you using to mine CGA?? Is it a MPOS/PROP pool??

Thanks

Wallet addresses being updated...
imall4btc

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 10:56:40 PM

Guys, is "theminingpools.com" a scam pool?? I couldn't find a reliable pool to mine CGA, so started mining with 'em with more than 780 kH/s and it is more than 5 hours of mining (now stopped!) but I didn't receive a single cent in my coin wallet, though as stated on their website payouts are made every hour. So is there something wrong with this pool??

Thanks

Check out the P2Pools, they are on the right chain and working good:

Thanks for your input, coinflow. However I prefer MPOS/PROP pools. Smiley Do you've any reliable and stable pool(s) to suggest that mines CGA based on my search criteria??

Thanks

crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 11:12:03 PM

Thanks

Thanks for your input, coinflow. However I prefer MPOS/PROP pools. Smiley Do you've any reliable and stable pool(s) to suggest that mines CGA based on my search criteria??

Thanks

Mine has been stable PROP but not MPOS but not P2P either Smiley

www.hasher.ca

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 12:44:45 AM

Thanks

nah, my mining pool is ignoring CGA until it gets its self back together as well. It hasn't even pointed our workers at CGA in 4 days now where before that I was receiving coins on a regular basis.... CGA IS literally ALL FORKED UP! We'll just have to wait until it's trusted again....

Hmm, thanks for confirming. Btw, which pool are you using to mine CGA?? Is it a MPOS/PROP pool??

Thanks

www.coinmine.pw great multi-coin pool! I really like it!

imall4btc

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 03:40:23 AM

Thanks

Thanks

www.hasher.ca

Crackfoo, the website you referred isn't loading for me. Sad Any other alternative??

Thanks

imall4btc

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 03:43:43 AM

Thanks

Thanks

Unfortunately it's a PPLNS pool, and I don't have much luck in such type of pools. Sad PROP or PPS would be/are great for me(& for many others too)..  Wink

s4w3d0ff (OP)

Activity: 322

Spray and Pray

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 03:49:28 AM

Add these nodes to your configs, it will help the network (resync if needed):

Code:
addnode=80.241.218.9
addnode=176.58.92.169
addnode=176.9.63.136
addnode=195.130.216
addnode=192.99.35.133
addnode=149.210.168.71
addnode=71.105.130.10
addnode=91.132.178.106
addnode=88.218.101.44
addnode=115.29.160.13
addnode=78.13.151.160
addnode=93.171.209.97
addnode=190.177.100.76

Once you are completely synced go into your wallet console and type "getpeerinfo"
then check to see if you have other peers that are not in the above list and add them to this list and repost. This will get everyone onto the same page.

BTC:15D8VaZco22GTLVrFMAehXyif6EGf8GMYV
|⚒|Cryptographic Anomaly|⚒|
brokedummy
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 10:32:40 AM

Add these nodes to your configs, it will help the network (resync if needed):

Code:
addnode=80.241.218.9
addnode=176.58.92.169
addnode=176.9.63.136
addnode=195.130.216
addnode=192.99.35.133
addnode=149.210.168.71
addnode=71.105.130.10
addnode=91.132.178.106
addnode=88.218.101.44
addnode=115.29.160.13
addnode=78.13.151.160
addnode=93.171.209.97
addnode=190.177.100.76

Once you are completely synced go into your wallet console and type "getpeerinfo"
then check to see if you have other peers that are not in the above list and add them to this list and repost. This will get everyone onto the same page.

The missing octet is 149, so should be addnode=195.130.216.149

others to add:
then I have a few ipv6 guys
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 11:29:32 AM

Thanks

Thanks

www.hasher.ca

Crackfoo, the website you referred isn't loading for me. Sad Any other alternative??

Thanks

it's my pool... its up and running...not sure why you can't get to it...

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
coinflow
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 03:54:51 PM

Thanks

Thanks

Unfortunately it's a PPLNS pool, and I don't have much luck in such type of pools. Sad PROP or PPS would be/are great for me(& for many others too)..  Wink

Why do you think, you have not much luck in PPLNS-pools? It only takes some time until the payouts get to their full extent and mostly the fees are lower than with PROP-pools, because the pool-operators have lower risk with PPLNS than with PROP. The additional advantage with P2Pool is, that you mine directly into your wallet. But everyone has to decide for themselves, of course.

Those links are interesting for those who would like to get deeper into it:
http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/p2pool-mining/2014/03/25
http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/try-p2pool-mining-profitability/2014/03/25

brokedummy
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 04:25:30 PM

Thanks

Thanks

www.hasher.ca

Thanks

it's my pool... its up and running...not sure why you can't get to it...

I couldn't get to it either at that time, but now is fine.
brokedummy
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 04:38:01 PM

Just keep an eye on your wallet and the rest of the network. If you fork, all your auto switching miners will switch to CGA and waste all their hash on a fork, since it will seem wildly profitable to mine. It's reported that the code is getting close to bug free, but just in case. You don't want a lot of angry miners.
himikk

Activity: 220
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 04:47:42 PM

Just keep an eye on your wallet and the rest of the network. If you fork, all your auto switching miners will switch to CGA and waste all their hash on a fork, since it will seem wildly profitable to mine. It's reported that the code is getting close to bug free, but just in case. You don't want a lot of angry miners.

Thanks for caution. I will look.
Pages: « 1 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 [150] 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 »
  Print  

Jump to: