Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:22:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Wallet for Android  (Read 121194 times)
Sarthak

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

Error 404: there seems to be nothing here.

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 05:10:14 PM

Well, how much time does it take to confirm a transaction..its taking too long? I sent 0.002 2 times 2 hours ago and each tx carried a fee of 0.0001 BTC .. Its still unconfirmed.. Is it the problem with the wallet? Smiley thanks!

Most probably, not! Have you checked whether the transactions are broadcasted or not? This can happen because the number of transactions now is high and when miners sort transactions, you maybe in the long queue. Just wait!

Thanks... I got it confirmed now.. I'd better put a 0.0002 tx fee on every tx starting from today Wink

"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1076

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 05:44:37 PM

Well, how much time does it take to confirm a transaction..its taking too long? I sent 0.002 2 times 2 hours ago and each tx carried a fee of 0.0001 BTC .. Its still unconfirmed.. Is it the problem with the wallet? Smiley thanks!

Most probably, not! Have you checked whether the transactions are broadcasted or not? This can happen because the number of transactions now is high and when miners sort transactions, you maybe in the long queue. Just wait!

Thanks... I got it confirmed now.. I'd better put a 0.0002 tx fee on every tx starting from today Wink

Or take a moment to check out the transaction volume before sending.  There's actually a couple of useful websites for this.  At least one I've seen shows the average confirmation times for transactions sent at various fee rates at the current moment.  I can't recall the url at the moment but I believe it has fee estimator in the name.  I'm sure you can turn it up with a little searching.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2015, 07:41:43 PM

Or take a moment to check out the transaction volume before sending.  There's actually a couple of useful websites for this.  At least one I've seen shows the average confirmation times for transactions sent at various fee rates at the current moment.  I can't recall the url at the moment but I believe it has fee estimator in the name.  I'm sure you can turn it up with a little searching.

cointape.com was one

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 12:51:09 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1161527.msg12237493#msg12237493

Vires in numeris
manicminer

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 11:28:11 AM

If we are talking strictly about Andreas' Android core wallet, what it wants me to do is buy, sell, and trade in small amounts of bitcoin in the first place. so far so good.

If I fire up the app, I even can't see my 12-word seed without first loading some bitcoin into it.

My question is, is there a simple implementation of the same idea but one which let's me play with my 12-word seed and all that is behind the scenes, before I put actual money into it?

The Hive Wallet was such a fork of Andreas's code. I previously used Hive's web version and liked it. I don't know anything about how Hive for android worked, though.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2015, 11:31:18 AM

If we are talking strictly about Andreas' Android core wallet, what it wants me to do is buy, sell, and trade in small amounts of bitcoin in the first place. so far so good.

If I fire up the app, I even can't see my 12-word seed without first loading some bitcoin into it.

My question is, is there a simple implementation of the same idea but one which let's me play with my 12-word seed and all that is behind the scenes, before I put actual money into it?

The Hive Wallet was such a fork of Andreas's code. I previously used Hive's web version and liked it. I don't know anything about how Hive for android worked, though.

Like the testnet version?

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1076

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 08:20:18 PM

I don't have the latest version, but I have decrypted the wallet from andreas's program in the past and used the bitcoinj tools to pull the seed out of it.  I don't think any such functionality is exposed in the gui, though (although it would be nice).
Fatamorgana

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 09:34:11 AM

So I'm confused, is there currently a plan to make this work more like the satoshi client so you can spend your change with 0 confirmations? I'd like to use this to show my friends satoshidice, but it doesn't work very well when you have to wait for a new block after each bet.
lOvE mE forEvEr

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 05:55:34 AM

Good news, I waiting long time for best bitcoin android wallet. Very interest to try this wallet. If we compare with xapo android what is the best?
Forsyth Jones

Activity: 1148
Merit: 614

Press F for Leo

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2017, 05:31:54 PM

Andreas Schildbach, Please answer this topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1822148.0

airbet 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
 PLAY NOW 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28]
  Print  

Jump to: