Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 04:36:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 [271] 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Eligius: 0% Fee BTC, 105% PPS NMC, No registration, CPPSRB  (Read 1061070 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
CrypR

Activity: 35
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 01:12:09 PM

If Eligius doesn't have your bitcoin address then they won't be able to send you your bitcoin so you should update it asap.

"To use, just point your miner to stratum+tcp://stratum.mining.eligius.st:3334 (or http://gbt.mining.eligius.st:9337 for GBT) with username set to the bitcoin address you want paid."  You can keep the password blank or put anything in that field."

It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4480
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 01:14:43 PM

Eligius does not require registration, you just use your bitcoin address like below.  The stats are currently being changed so they are currently not working.  During the transition you need to look at the stats page on your miner to confirm you are connected and view your mining speed.

http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/{put your bitcoin address here}

Thanks for your reply.
I have been using my e-mail as logon, not bitcoing address. Is it all lost if I change to bitcoin address?
As has been stated in here by the OP before, if you mine to an invalid address or something that isn't a bitcoin address, he keeps it as donation, and wont stop you from mining.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
trabanom

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 01:24:54 PM

You can't mine here to your e-mail address.
Where in the world did you get that idea?  Huh

Nice. I found this information on bfgminer tutorial, almost a month of donation to Eligius. Smiley Shocked
Thanks all for your help!
Dropwise

Activity: 16

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 12:50:22 AM

I understand that the "pool" is "functioning" "normally" - but if I can't have my dust donation back, can I please at least have my sub-threshold confirmed reward (unpaid balance) that is owed and was never paid?

I had donated a small amount to stats development before the pool died. As the stats were never further developed, is it possible to have the donation returned??
i asked the magic 8-ball for you and it said ● Very doubtful

all joking aside a donation is just that and never treated as anything else im not a mod or anything in the pool other then another miner but   . thats like asking the red cross for the money you donated because you feel fema does a better job  

It has now been a month since I asked this and the pool seems no more alive than it did back then.

I agree, paxtoncamaro91, I acknowledge this was a donation.  However, in this case, it was a donation in exchange for a specified outcome (ie. stats development).   Perhaps a closer analogy would be supporting a crowdfunding project (ie. kickstarter) that never met it's target, but not getting one's donation back..??

WK - can I please ask you to consider returning the dust donation?

Thanks,
d
brush242

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 09:32:03 PM

Hey All,

I just resurrected an S3+ from broken status and gave it to my nephew to play with. He plugged it in and it powered right up, green for go.

However, I'm having trouble figuring out the password. Last time it was powered it was pointed to:

http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (that may not be the actual URL, but whatever is in the miner would correspond)

Until I get there to help him with it, is that still a valid mining address? If so, I'll let him keep going. If not, I assume that the ol' paper clip reset clears ~everything~ and not just the password? In that case, I'll have him shut it down.

Thanks folks!

Support sidehack miner development. Donations to: 1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
CrypR

Activity: 35
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 11:19:08 PM

The pool is still running but the stats page is in transition and not working at this time.  If your miner status page shows it is connected and it shows that it is mining you are good-to-go.  You might want to confirm you still have access to your wallet--haven't forgot the password or etc.
zsmith

Activity: 142
Merit: 60

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 09:48:27 PM

Hey All,

I just resurrected an S3+ from broken status and gave it to my nephew to play with. He plugged it in and it powered right up, green for go.

However, I'm having trouble figuring out the password. Last time it was powered it was pointed to:

http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (that may not be the actual URL, but whatever is in the miner would correspond)

Until I get there to help him with it, is that still a valid mining address? If so, I'll let him keep going. If not, I assume that the ol' paper clip reset clears ~everything~ and not just the password? In that case, I'll have him shut it down.

Thanks folks!

There is no password on Eligius pool, any password will work. Make sure you put in a valid address. 

I have an old S5 that is stuck here, everytime I change pools, it stops hashing after a few hours until I do a reboot and after the reboots it is set back here--the paperclip reset didn't clear me so don't assume it clears everything.  I only run it sporadically as a space heater for my garage, so I don't care too much about where it is pointed.
brush242

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 02:48:52 AM

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

Number one reason BTC isn't worth $100K or more by now?

Hobby mining is a complete and utter pain in the ass and as a result drives the learning curve and costs of acceptance in the general population through the roof.

Support sidehack miner development. Donations to: 1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
rockmoney

Activity: 439
Merit: 297

www.amazon.com/shops/MinersSupply

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2017, 09:45:18 PM

Can you please let me know the best way to contact a pool administrator regarding an unpaid balance from well over a year ago? I meant to contact someone during the pool upgrade a while back, but read that all payments were going to be settled. Unfortunately, I never received my payment although my current balance is 0.01259032 BTC, and would appreciate a PM from @wizkid057 (or any other trusted persons who are authorized to help resolve payment issues).

Looking forward to hearing back soon, and appreciate your assistance regarding this matter - Thanks!

GekkoScience Products on Amazon Prime 1-DAY SHIPPING 
wizkid057 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 10:22:29 PM
Last edit: September 10, 2017, 10:32:34 PM by wizkid057

Can you please let me know the best way to contact a pool administrator regarding an unpaid balance from well over a year ago? I meant to contact someone during the pool upgrade a while back, but read that all payments were going to be settled. Unfortunately, I never received my payment although my current balance is 0.01259032 BTC, and would appreciate a PM from @wizkid057 (or any other trusted persons who are authorized to help resolve payment issues).

Looking forward to hearing back soon, and appreciate your assistance regarding this matter - Thanks!

Not sure where you're getting your number from, but the frozen stats pages do not represent balances as they were at the Eligius Ra->Hu transition.  Every single balance due has been paid.

All Eligius miners are paid in full with the minor exception for those who are/were active since the Hu transition and have balances below ~0.01 BTC.  Aside from that, Eligius has no balances due to miners at present.  Zero.  Nada.  Zip.  I've wasted enough time verifying and debunking people's claims about how Eligius owes them something. I'm simply not going to put any additional effort into such claims at this point and will be ignoring them from now on.  I already knew for a fact that Eligius has paid all miners due any payment, and I've reconfirmed this at least a dozen times in the past month or so when I've gotten messages from people claiming to be owed something.  I was happy to investigate and show they were incorrect, but I'm not going to waste any more effort doing so in the future.

I'm actually finding it kind of funny that people are coming out of the woodwork now that bitcoin/USD exchange is pretty high asking about balances from ages ago that were either already paid or not due in the first place.

Some of the stories people give when trying to cheat me/Eligius out of a few bucks are pretty incredible, too.  Some are pretty amusing.  My favorite is one where this guy on IRC needed 0.001 BTC that Eligius "owed" him (already paid, actually, like a year ago) or else he was going to default on his mortgage, be evicted, etc... sitting on a Comcast residential internet connection.  Sorry, if you can afford to sit there on the internet and try to scam me out of five bucks, you either can actually afford to pay your bills, or you need to get your priorities straight.  Either way, not my problem.  *sigh*

---

For those wondering what the deal is with Eligius lately, it's pretty much my fault things have not been moving forward.  Not that it's anyone's business here, but pretty much as soon as I got time to work on finishing the pool software things started taking a bad turn in several aspects of my life.  Most notable is that I'm dealing with what is turning into an overly messy divorce, and that is taking up a great deal of my free time since my ex-wife-to-be seems to have lost her mind and is just making things as difficult as they possibly can be, even in self-defeating ways.  I also had a problem with a large contract job that I completed recently, and dealing with that is taking significant time, effort, and funds to battle.  Long story short, my customer is making pretty outrageous claims that are clearly and provably false.  Nevertheless, going to have to battle them in court over this.  (All of this is unrelated to Eligius, just to note).

I have been putting time into the pool, mostly for maintenance and updates lately.  But after the first couple of days of full-time effort on completing the upgrades I've not had enough of a free moment of work time to really dedicate to it.  I am really trying to get things back on track here, and I do appreciate the support folks have shown through what has become a pretty ridiculous delay in upgrades here.  Unfortunately, the pool hasn't found a block in over three months, and with the network difficulty where it is I'm not even sure where that would put us even if I were to complete the new interface tomorrow.

I've been tossing around some ideas on how to proceed, as I'd prefer Eligius not simply die off if I don't have the time to dedicate to it as I should.  One such idea would be to get Luke-Jr back on board, if he is at a point where he would have the time to work on Eligius again, at least until I get out of this rut of mine.  (Do wish him well, by the way, as he is likely going to get at least some impact from Irma soon.)  An alternative plan would be to hire some trusted developers to complete the work I've started, however I'm probably not in a situation where it would be sensible of me make that significant of a donation to Eligius.  Overall, I'm pretty much left with just working hard to get other things out of the way so I can make time to work on this and get it done.

Tips: 1LDQrLr6dPVqNJmpZm82eZVKqDFRk7ERW8
Operator of the Eligius Mining Pool - 0% Fee, SAPPLNS, GBT, Stratum, IRC+Phone Support, Share Market (coming soon), Generation payouts, and more.
Don't feed the trolls. Science Confirms: Internet Trolls Really Are Narcissistic, Psychopathic, and Sadistic (1)
Dropwise

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 12:16:56 PM

I did not receive anything from the last payout.  Presumably, as this was subthreshold. I dispute your claim that nothing is owed.
As a long time Eligius miner and solver of block 355542 on behalf of Eligius, I would expect the courtesy of paying out my balance.  (Even use a portion of the balance itself as tx fee)

Not sure where you're getting your number from, but the frozen stats pages do not represent balances as they were at the Eligius Ra->Hu transition.  Every single balance due has been paid.

All Eligius miners are paid in full with the minor exception for those who are/were active since the Hu transition and have balances below ~0.01 BTC.  Aside from that, Eligius has no balances due to miners at present.  Zero.  Nada.  Zip.  I've wasted enough time verifying and debunking people's claims about how Eligius owes them something. I'm simply not going to put any additional effort into such claims at this point and will be ignoring them from now on.  I already knew for a fact that Eligius has paid all miners due any payment, and I've reconfirmed this at least a dozen times in the past month or so when I've gotten messages from people claiming to be owed something.  I was happy to investigate and show they were incorrect, but I'm not going to waste any more effort doing so in the future.

I'm actually finding it kind of funny that people are coming out of the woodwork now that bitcoin/USD exchange is pretty high asking about balances from ages ago that were either already paid or not due in the first place.

Some of the stories people give when trying to cheat me/Eligius out of a few bucks are pretty incredible, too.  Some are pretty amusing.  My favorite is one where this guy on IRC needed 0.001 BTC that Eligius "owed" him (already paid, actually, like a year ago) or else he was going to default on his mortgage, be evicted, etc... sitting on a Comcast residential internet connection.  Sorry, if you can afford to sit there on the internet and try to scam me out of five bucks, you either can actually afford to pay your bills, or you need to get your priorities straight.  Either way, not my problem.  *sigh*

---

For those wondering what the deal is with Eligius lately, it's pretty much my fault things have not been moving forward.  Not that it's anyone's business here, but pretty much as soon as I got time to work on finishing the pool software things started taking a bad turn in several aspects of my life.  Most notable is that I'm dealing with what is turning into an overly messy divorce, and that is taking up a great deal of my free time since my ex-wife-to-be seems to have lost her mind and is just making things as difficult as they possibly can be, even in self-defeating ways.  I also had a problem with a large contract job that I completed recently, and dealing with that is taking significant time, effort, and funds to battle.  Long story short, my customer is making pretty outrageous claims that are clearly and provably false.  Nevertheless, going to have to battle them in court over this.  (All of this is unrelated to Eligius, just to note).

I have been putting time into the pool, mostly for maintenance and updates lately.  But after the first couple of days of full-time effort on completing the upgrades I've not had enough of a free moment of work time to really dedicate to it.  I am really trying to get things back on track here, and I do appreciate the support folks have shown through what has become a pretty ridiculous delay in upgrades here.  Unfortunately, the pool hasn't found a block in over three months, and with the network difficulty where it is I'm not even sure where that would put us even if I were to complete the new interface tomorrow.

I've been tossing around some ideas on how to proceed, as I'd prefer Eligius not simply die off if I don't have the time to dedicate to it as I should.  One such idea would be to get Luke-Jr back on board, if he is at a point where he would have the time to work on Eligius again, at least until I get out of this rut of mine.  (Do wish him well, by the way, as he is likely going to get at least some impact from Irma soon.)  An alternative plan would be to hire some trusted developers to complete the work I've started, however I'm probably not in a situation where it would be sensible of me make that significant of a donation to Eligius.  Overall, I'm pretty much left with just working hard to get other things out of the way so I can make time to work on this and get it done.
chuckie

Activity: 12

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 10:09:19 AM

Hey Wizkid

Don't let life get you down - no pain lasts forever. Thanks for Eligius.

Chuckie

---

kieths

Activity: 17

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 04:56:12 PM

Hi WizKid,

Sorry for the challenges and stress you now face.  There truly is no one-for-all solution to help, just rest and, keep your health up throughout the mess.

You mentioned the pool not solving any blocks in 3 months or so - Thank you for the update.  Sincerely.
I think you'll find that once there is time to put status back up and running, it will encourage more users to mine at the pool, and increase the chances of solving a block.
But to be fair, that's just my opinion.

Regardless, more important than stats, take care of your situation, and then try to regain some semblance of a good life.
Nick Lefisk

Activity: 1

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 02:46:01 PM

oh yes, very interessant !
tasybit

Activity: 1

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 03:31:03 AM

Just got pissed off at Antpool for not allowing me to switch back to PPLNS; They put me on PPS+ @ 4%+2% Fee.
I hope to see Eligius back up and minting blocks again.
Women sometimes don't see things quite like we men, just keep focussed the best you can and keep working to get things in back in order.
SLEI

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 04:42:26 AM

Winter is here and I would like start some Antminer space heaters of which some don't take reset seriously only fan settings reset.

I got last payment very early 2017 and there hasn't been any statistic for looong time, when somebody got a payment last time?

I started at Eligius 2013 and I have been happy with it when I have been mining there. BTC is high now, Can I expect payment if I mine Eligius  now?
My space heaters should make several hundreds per month so I would like to have verification that I'm going to get more than just noise and heat out of them?
Dropwise

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 08:07:27 PM

Hello. Can you please send me my remaining unpaid balance??

I did not receive anything from the last payout.  Presumably, as this was subthreshold. I dispute your claim that nothing is owed.
As a long time Eligius miner and solver of block 355542 on behalf of Eligius, I would expect the courtesy of paying out my balance.  (Even use a portion of the balance itself as tx fee)

---

ora.zhang

Activity: 12

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 08:38:41 AM

---

A new block 495555 is coming. It looks like the good luck is back to you.
Darrellm77

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:31:14 PM

Cant the pool simply revert the the pre-existing sw and old stats ??

I understand there is a effort with porting/preserving  unpaid work from today's pool
(just as there was back in ~Jan'17 when moving to todays pool)

I'd be just as happy seeing the old pool start over new w/o back porting unpaid work.
I think thats better than a relatively dead pool.
wizkid057 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 04:41:01 PM

A new block 495555 is coming. It looks like the good luck is back to you.

I cut a family holiday trip short by a couple of days so I could get back home and work on getting this block paid out.  Just got back, going to get settled and work on this.

Tips: 1LDQrLr6dPVqNJmpZm82eZVKqDFRk7ERW8
Operator of the Eligius Mining Pool - 0% Fee, SAPPLNS, GBT, Stratum, IRC+Phone Support, Share Market (coming soon), Generation payouts, and more.
Don't feed the trolls. Science Confirms: Internet Trolls Really Are Narcissistic, Psychopathic, and Sadistic (1)
Pages: « 1 ... 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 [271] 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 »
  Print  

Jump to: