Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 02:33:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 [252] 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Eligius: 0% Fee BTC, 105% PPS NMC, No registration, CPPSRB  (Read 1061070 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Misiak4

Activity: 183
Merit: 12

ImmVRse | Disrupting the VR industry

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 06:30:41 PM

Hey wizkid,

I am not sure if someone said this already, but I have problem.

Just to describe it a little. Currently I have almost 15% of unpaid shares worth of approx 19 BTC (because they are "shelved shares") they all were mined when block was paying 25 BTC.

As of now when block pays half of that, stats shows BAD numbers, all my shares are counted as mined after halving and now stats show I got paid 91% (instead of true 85%) and "unpaid balance" now shows only 9 BTC. All my past stats has just been "halved" thats an big issue for me as 9 BTC is a lot.

I know there is little chance I will get that shelves shares paid, but I dont even like "stats halving". Please look at it.

Feel free to contact me via PM if you need more informations.

Btw I PMd you in the past as I wanted to use rented hashing power, but your pool dont meet nicehash criteria of minimal difficuilty, can you fix it? (Or please allow to set fixed difficuilty via password commands like other pools doo).

Thank you!

Shares are and have always been valued as a portion of the block subsidy that eventually rewards them (work_difficulty / network_difficulty).  (http://eligius.st/wiki/index.php/Capped_PPS_with_Recent_Backpay) As of the recent subsidy halving, the stats and stats estimates accurately reflect this since the subsidy of future potential blocks has changed.  The percent shares rewarded is no different, since it is represented as the sum of the rewarded value of all previous shares which have been paid/rewarded divided by the sum of the same plus the current estimated value of all shelved shares should they be rewarded now.  When a block is found and a share is to be rewarded/paid, it is rewarded/paid as ((work_difficulty / network_difficulty) * found_block's_subsidy) BTC.

The previous halving also left some ambiguity into how shares would be rewarded (check posts from 4 years ago for that drama), but there really is no statistically sane way to handle share rewards besides representing them as a portion of the block subsidy that rewards them, otherwise even on a law-of-large numbers statistical model it would be impossible for a pool to have a path for potential reward of all shelved shares.

All of that said, I wouldn't get too worked up about the current stats and reward system.  The upcoming changes will fundamentally alter virtually everything about how the pool works on both the back end and the front end.  Also keep in mind that shelved shares are fiat.  They have no real value unless a block rewards them.  They are not in any way shape or form owed by the pool as they are shares for which the pool has not yet actually mined blocks which could reward them.  There is and never has been any actual funds associated with shelved shares, by definition.

As for work difficulty issues, check back after I get the pool revisions online in a few weeks.

-wk

I am sorry, but i must disagree...I am watching my stats months without change and paid shares was at 85% now they show 91%, so there is something wrong.

Lets do some math:

Current numbers:
Maximum reward: 115.78 BTC
Shelved shares "worth": 9.33 BTC
Paid: 106.45 BTC
Paid percent (aka "Shares Rewarded"): 106.45 / (115.78 / 100) = 91.94%

Old numbers (before halving):
Maximum reward: 125.11 BTC
Shelved shares "worth": 18.66 BTC
Paid: 106.45 BTC
Paid percent (aka "Shares Rewarded"): 106.45 / (125.11 / 100) = 85.09%

See? Difference in shelved shares "value" just changed percentage of "Shares Rewarded" because of "halving of shelved share value". I understand it (and it is correct) because its calculated based on "owed amount" and "paid amount" so mathematically its totally correct. I just want to point out that STATS PERCENTAGE changed and that confused me when I saw it first time, thats all...

Misiak

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 07:52:23 PM

You're measuring shares in BTC, but they're not BTC.

ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 10:01:31 PM

Good Day.

I am interested in joining Eligius. What is the average payout per TH's on this pool per day after the halving?

Since they don't charge any fees, I expect they always pay out very well.  In addition, they pay directly to your address, so you have "new" or "clean" bitcoins.

You can look at the stats for any address that is paid in a block that Eligius mines.  Everything they do is transparent.

I try to be respectful and informed.
-EOS-

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 06:32:09 PM

Hi everyone,

I know I'm way behind on this refresh project, and it's disappointing.  After a very limited pre-alpha test of some of the new code........ I've ended up working on fully rewriting a lot of that code in an effort to make some aspects of the new system as good as they really should be.  I had reused a lot of things I used in Eligius's CPPSRB implementation with the new code, but it turns out that it's just not as efficient as it can be with the new changes.  The result of that, though, is more time in development.  I think these updates are well worth it, though, but I'm starting to worry it's going to end up just being a little too late to matter by the time I get everything actually up and running.  Undecided  I don't think anyone is going to be disappointed once the new code is done and is up and running publicly... but I'm well aware of the declining user base.  While some miners have left the pool for now in search of better prospects, my hope is that they're keeping an eye on things here and will return once they see the new Eligius. Smiley  Time will tell I suppose.

I wish there were more hours in the day so I could keep up with my normal work and have plenty of time to work on Eligius.  If anyone sees Doc Brown send him my way, will yah?  Grin

Coming along though!

-wk

Any update on the refresh?   Looking forward to it!
wizkid057 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 03:15:09 AM

Any update on the refresh?   Looking forward to it!

Sorry for the lack of updates.  I've been pretty busy both with pool related and unrelated real world projects.

Still making progress on the updates here.  I'm actually in the final phase of shifting the back end over to the new equipment, although for the time being still running the existing pool software.  However, once that's done I'll be able to better run the new code is real-time shadow mode along side the existing code to help weed out any remaining difficulties.

This has, admittedly, taken much longer than I anticipated, and most of that can be attributed to a lot of my time being taken up by other obligations lately.  Most of that has finally started to actually wind down, and I'm getting more time open for completing this project.  Overall I have sometimes up to 14 hours per day allocated towards completion of my various projects (mostly normal paid work), and the work on the pool hasn't been getting enough of that time recently.  As I've mentioned previously, I can't justify putting updates to Eligius at a higher priority than my normal full time work.  It's just the way things logically have to go.  Lately donations aren't quite covering everything cost-wise for the pool, so most of the new hardware going into the updates here are simply being donated by me personally and some local colleagues who have helped with acquiring some hardware.  Don't take this as complaining or a plea for donations or anything, because it isn't.  I enjoy working on the pool, and I'm willing to personally support operating costs, hardware costs, etc that aren't covered by donations as long as I'm able to do so.  I still believe that Eligius is really important for the mining community, and I think the upcoming changes will emphasize that even more so.

Again, apologies for the delays and lack of progress updates, and thanks to everyone for their support!

As a note on the hardware updates, there may be a few brief periods of connectivity instability/connection drops over the next few days as I transition everything over to the new hardware.  Overall, assuming all goes well, I doubt anyone will even notice. Smiley  If for some reason you're mining directly to an Eligius IP, make sure you're using the hostname stratum.mining.eligius.st or the alias s.m.eligius.st so that you aren't left in the dark during the transition.

-wk

Tips: 1LDQrLr6dPVqNJmpZm82eZVKqDFRk7ERW8
Operator of the Eligius Mining Pool - 0% Fee, SAPPLNS, GBT, Stratum, IRC+Phone Support, Share Market (coming soon), Generation payouts, and more.
Don't feed the trolls. Science Confirms: Internet Trolls Really Are Narcissistic, Psychopathic, and Sadistic (1)
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 05:02:50 PM

can't wait !!!! hurry up all ready   JK  !! but i so hope it does what you said and others come.....

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
bomberb17

Activity: 771
Merit: 528

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 09:38:22 PM

Again almost 11 days and no block. This is ridiculous...
wizkid057 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 10:34:46 PM

Nope, it's worse.  It's statistics. Sad

Operator of the Eligius Mining Pool - 0% Fee, SAPPLNS, GBT, Stratum, IRC+Phone Support, Share Market (coming soon), Generation payouts, and more.
Don't feed the trolls. Science Confirms: Internet Trolls Really Are Narcissistic, Psychopathic, and Sadistic (1)
-EOS-

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 12:13:46 PM

Nope, it's worse.  It's statistics. Sad

That was bumming me out too..   So I swung my miners over to a different pool to switch things up for a bit
wizkid057 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 08:06:25 PM

I've *finally* completed some of the backend upgrades/migrations I've been trying to finish for months now.  Not much new on the front-end yet, but the backend is prepped! Cheesy

New things:

A change for helping people behind weird firewalls:  Pick a port and mine.  It's now possible to mine at Eligius on any TCP port you desire.  Just follow the minor restrictions below:
* stratum.mining.eligius.st will now allow stratum mining on any port except 80, 443, 8337, and 9337.
* port80.mining.eligius.st will allow stratum mining on any port except 443, 8337 and 9337. (Limited redundancy.)
* port443.mining.eligius.st will allow stratum mining on any port except 80, 8337 and 9337. (Limited redundancy.)
* gbt.mining.eligius.st will allow GBT mining on ports 8337 and 9337.

* Some ease of typing aliases: s.m.eligius.st (stratum), gbt.eligius.st (GBT)

* Minimum global work difficulty has been increased to 1024.  I still think this is low, given today's network difficulty.  However, any miner not able to keep up with difficulty 1024 shares is not going to be earning enough to bother anyway.  For reference, as of this writing a difficulty 1024 share has a maximum PPS value of about 5.9 satoshi (0.000000059 BTC).  So, yeah... probably going to up that some more later.  This should also help with those who were claiming to have issues with the lower starting difficulty here with some equipment.

There is also now a TOR hidden service for stratum mining, due to some demand.

* yhsfsswrjjgiabfu.onion port 3334 or 80

That said, a few things need to be pointed out about the TOR address:  First, mining over TOR is a horrible idea.  You WILL lose some percentage of earnings due to latency.  Second, I personally loathe TOR.  So if the hidden service stops working for some reason, it's not going to be a priority to get it back online.  I've brought it back as a courtesy because so many people seem to think they need it for mining, and it is setup in a redundant way so it shouldn't have any issues.  As long as you're aware of the implications surrounding the use of TOR for mining, by all means.  But as a warning, any support tickets from people mining over TOR complaining about connectivity, low server-side hash rate, rejects, etc will be ignored.

More on the way.  Now that the major backend upgrades are complete I can focus more on the front end updates. Smiley

Please let me know of any issues you encounter.  I will be monitoring everything closely.

wizkid057 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 10:46:11 PM

Working on mitigating a DDoS attack.......

wizkid057 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 11:28:32 PM

Sorry for the few minutes of DDoS related downtime.  Was driving when I got the notification that automated mitigation failed.

Should be fine now.

Sosoft

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 11:49:21 AM

I've been in the payout Que for payout in the next block for the last three blocks. What gives?
Sosoft

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 01:09:09 PM

This is the 4th block we have got where I was in que for a pay out and I didn't get one. I even got thrown back to people being ahead of me in que. Eligius is now defunct. I am so sad.
I came here to report what has been happening to me. Next I am going to the other forum and report there too.
People beware. Something it going on and no one is talking.
One more thing. Since you are ignoring me and not responding I promise to double my efforts to expose what you are up to everywhere I know of where people will listen. All you had to do is explain what's happening if there is a problem.
Sosoft

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 02:11:26 PM

Just got a message back from another now past user. Its happening to him too.
This all started going down when Mind Your Own Business left the pool.
All the payout from the blocks are going to the address
1ChANGeATMH8dFnj39wGTjfjudUtLspzXr
Looks like everyone is mining for just this one person's payout now. Get rich and get out. Its going down.
wizkid057 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 04:51:58 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2016, 05:59:06 PM by wizkid057

*sigh*

It's nonsense like the above that suck the enjoyment out of volunteer work like I do running Eligius.  Pool op has been busy working on updates/upgrades... so the pool must be going under and they must be running off with the goods! </roll-eyes>

The primary coinbaser has been off and on since I completed the hardware side of the upgrades and migration.  I have several fail-safes and security related items that double check the coinbase payouts for continuity.  If anything doesn't look right, things go into fail-safe and I'm notified, which as most are already aware and can be confirmed from many previous instances of the same occurring.  Fail-safe funds end up in an offline wallet, and then are simply manually paid to miners.

Long story short, I'm pressing forward with the software side of the new updates as quickly as possible, necessitating major back end changes.  While working on some aspects I have to take some of the fail-safe and security items offline, which triggers the coinbaser fail-safe to prevent potential problems.

For the record, I didn't get any new-post notifications from bitcointalk about this thread since my last post until this morning.  As is pretty obvious from my post history, I tend to address question/comments/concerns on this thread regularly.  This "Sosoft" user also hasn't opened any tickets, either.  For the moment I suppose I'll leave the posts above for context and to highlight the motives behind them.

Anyway, I'm continuing with my plans for an overhaul to Eligius.  I fully admit that this is, unfortunately, taking much much longer than I had originally anticipated.  A two fold issue, since the project itself became more complex than anticipated, and that my time available for my volunteer efforts here has lessened.  The latter I'm working to improve, however.

Edit: Also, for the record, it's probably worth noting the identity of Eligius's most beneficial donor over the last several months: myself.  Keeping in mind that Eligius imposes no fees and works solely on donations, out of both overall necessity and based on confidence that things will greatly improve around here once my overhaul is complete I've purchased the majority of the new hardware in use for the pool out of pocket.  It is my hope that Eligius will continue to be a sort of public service to the bitcoin community, and I'm doing what I can do keep things moving forward.

Thanks everyone for your support!

-wk

Edit: "Sosoft"'s reply has gained him a spot on my automatic post deletion list.

If you have a legitimate question/comment/concern, please open a ticket.

spispi

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 06:04:34 PM

I haven't been paid out either. It looks true that no one has been paid in 3 blocks. Can you please explain this and let us know when you are going to pay out to everyone?
wizkid057 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 06:13:33 PM

I haven't been paid out either. It looks true that no one has been paid in 3 blocks. Can you please explain this and let us know when you are going to pay out to everyone?

How are brand new 2 minute-old accounts able to immediately post in this thread? heh.

I'll bite, and the for last time.  (Obvious duplicate account is obvious).

As I already explained in my previous post, the coinbaser (which handles automatic payouts) has been on and offline during the overhaul.  I will get everyone paid in a manual payout, like I always do and always have, when the overhaul and time permits.

If you have actual concerns about me actually doing the manual payout, simply mine elsewhere.  I'm pretty sure my track record on this stands on its own.  Right now the payout queue is at something like ~55 BTC (actually owed by the pool, payout queue page includes estimates for the next block).  During previous upgrades when the pool had much more of the network's hash rate I've done manual payouts over a relatively short periods totaling *thousands* of BTC, when they were worth more on the market even.  I find it kind of amusing and offensive that anyone would question my motives at this point.

Again, actual concerns, open a ticket.

spispi

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 06:24:35 PM

When I read that post it just scared me is all. This is my first time posting because I never wanted to before. I am not making accusations and I didn't mean to come across like that.
You have to admit its scary to read that with no idea whats going on.
wizkid057 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 06:34:29 PM

When I read that post it just scared me is all. This is my first time posting because I never wanted to before. I am not making accusations and I didn't mean to come across like that.
You have to admit its scary to read that with no idea whats going on.

You have to admit that a 2-minute old forum account posting in my thread here *immediately* after banning another relatively new account that's trying to stir up trouble (where there is none)... He went offline, your account was made, and continued the topic (albeit much more politely than the deleted posts, thanks)... is just a bit suspicious.  No one really posts in this thread much anymore as it is, so... yeah.

Anyway, all I see here is someone on the internet trying to cause trouble for no apparent reason.  The user opened no support tickets, sent no emails, nothing... yet feels the need to try and spread nonsense here publicly... to which I say simply, it is the internet... and I can't really expect much better, unfortunately.

Pages: « 1 ... 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 [252] 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 »
  Print  

Jump to: