Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:24:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 280 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Eligius: 0% Fee BTC, 105% PPS NMC, No registration, CPPSRB  (Read 1061084 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
kodiak1120

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 09:06:28 PM

Same here... any updates? 
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bolverk

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 10:03:40 PM

A huge farm pointing itself to Eligius should not reduce any user's payout nor apparent hashrate. It should only reduce the variability.

If that farm is new hardware coming online, it will definitely affect daily payout since the existing hardware is now a smaller percentage of the total hash rate.  This is going to be a crazy year for difficulty spikes, and it probably won't slow down until fall.
fxkevin

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 10:12:05 PM

That is incorrect.

If the overall rate grows you are still compensated the same.

Easy example;

Day 1 - your the only miner in the pool with 1TH, you earn say 0.3 BTC per day and you own 100% of the hash rate.

Day 2 - now there are 4TH total, meaning you own 25% of the overall hash rate, BUT your 1TH still makes you the same 0.3 BTC per day

The only way this changes is when difficult jumps, as you would then earn less per day...

Cheers,
baller1

Activity: 38

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 10:22:46 PM

That is incorrect.

Easy example;

Day 1 - your the only miner in the pool with 1TH, you earn say 0.3 BTC per day and you own 100% of the hash rate.

Day 2 - now there are 4TH total, meaning you own 25% of the overall hash rate, BUT your 1TH still makes you the same 0.3 BTC per day

The only way this changes is when difficult jumps, as you would then earn less per day...

Cheers,
Of course on principle, but I believe there are variables, i've reported pool flux many a times already, as in, a 1PH behemoth pops on and all of a sudden my hash reporting goes bonkers, usually dropping.. It eventually stabilizes but this happens throughout the day now that KNC and others pool jump too.  (and that would be across the entire pool..) I'm assuming servers get overloaded no matter how much headroom you have. Until I'm told this can't happen. I'm believing it does.
fxkevin

Activity: 75

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 10:27:43 PM

Sure, this and many other factors can have a hidden effect, the point is, that the global hash rate does not effect your payout rate directly.

Cheers,
bolverk

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 10:45:10 PM

Hash rate drives difficulty.  Your potential earnings is based on your percentage of the total hash rate.  Do you have a small grace period before the next difficulty adjustment?  Yes.  But you're talking a matter of days, not weeks.  If you're trying to forecast your potential earnings, in the end the only thing that matters is the hash rate.
daddyfatsax

Activity: 857
Merit: 1000

Anger is a gift.

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 12:43:08 AM

Thanks Wiz for all your efforts.
ajw7989
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 03:02:04 AM

Pool has been increasing in hash rate with global hash rate which is good. means more frequent although slightly less payouts. In the long run it means the same.
bolverk

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 04:18:11 AM

Pool has been increasing in hash rate with global hash rate which is good. means more frequent although slightly less payouts. In the long run it means the same.

No offense, but that's not correct.  The whole point of an adjusting difficulty level is to keep the mining rate semi-linear.  This means that the same number of BTC as mining rewards is being divvied up among a bigger pool of hashing power.  The only way your payout remains the same is if you increase your own hashing power in proportion to the global growth.
lowerjerzey

Activity: 106

🤖UBEX.COM 🤖

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 05:31:36 AM

That is incorrect.

Easy example;

Cheers,

What you said is true, your daily payout should stay the same.  But, I'm talking about the estimate of how much I'm gonna get paid from the current block. That would decrease significantly if a lot of horsepower shows up.  But, the pool would knock out blocks faster.  My pay per block decreases but the frequency increases.  Balances out.  

That chunk of time in my graph when I wasn't mining eligius was because I jumped over to Benjamins, grabbed a crapload of them, then jumped back here when the difficulty doubled.  On the Benjamin pool that I was mining, I was 40% of the hashrate.  My estimate was ~40 Bennys per block and I got paid ~40 Bennys.  Then another guy joined the pool with 1Th/s.  My estimate was ~20, his was ~20 and we started knocking out blocks faster splitting my previous 40 payout.  Balanced.  Now, if a Benjamin could only reach $100 (it should, right, that's what a Benjamin is Wink), I made a lot of money in that 24 hours.  I can dream.

Anyways, I'm still perplexed why my estimate dropped 75% from around ~.004 to ~.001 then slowly crept back up.  A difficulty change shouldn't effect the estimate because it applies to everyone.  Everybody's estimate would stay the same, it would just take longer to solve the blocks.  Changes in the total hashrate should effect your estimate.  If everyone quit the pool except for me, my estimate would be 25, but I'd never solve one.  If the total rate doubled, my estimate would halve, but we'd be flying through blocks.  If it's back pay that effected my estimate, wouldn't the estimate be higher than .004?  current estimate + back pay.  Checking my graph around the time of the estimate drop, my hashrate did go down but not that significantly.  The 675 second line shows a dip starting at 23:15.  I definitely lost connection because all my miners rates were going down, but it was for only a very short period because the lowest it reached was 883Gh/s.  I've taken miners down for short periods, but it barely did anything to my estimate.

If I'm wrong about this stuff, please let me know.  

▓▓▓█████████████████████████████░░          UBEX          ░░█████████████████████████████▓▓▓
▓██████████████████░░          Global Decentralized Advertising Exchange          ░░██████████████████▓
▓███░   • Telegram  • Facebook  • ANN Thread  • Youtube  • LinkedIn  • Twitter • Medium  • Reddit  • Github   ░███▓
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 05:46:17 AM

That is incorrect.

Easy example;

Cheers,

What you said is true, your daily payout should stay the same.  But, I'm talking about the estimate of how much I'm gonna get paid from the current block. That would decrease significantly if a lot of horsepower shows up.  But, the pool would knock out blocks faster.  My pay per block decreases but the frequency increases.  Balances out.  

That chunk of time in my graph when I wasn't mining eligius was because I jumped over to Benjamins, grabbed a crapload of them, then jumped back here when the difficulty doubled.  On the Benjamin pool that I was mining, I was 40% of the hashrate.  My estimate was ~40 Bennys per block and I got paid ~40 Bennys.  Then another guy joined the pool with 1Th/s.  My estimate was ~20, his was ~20 and we started knocking out blocks faster splitting my previous 40 payout.  Balanced.  Now, if a Benjamin could only reach $100 (it should, right, that's what a Benjamin is Wink), I made a lot of money in that 24 hours.  I can dream.

Anyways, I'm still perplexed why my estimate dropped 75% from around ~.004 to ~.001 then slowly crept back up.  A difficulty change shouldn't effect the estimate because it applies to everyone.  Everybody's estimate would stay the same, it would just take longer to solve the blocks.  Changes in the total hashrate should effect your estimate.  If everyone quit the pool except for me, my estimate would be 25, but I'd never solve one.  If the total rate doubled, my estimate would halve, but we'd be flying through blocks.  If it's back pay that effected my estimate, wouldn't the estimate be higher than .004?  current estimate + back pay.  Checking my graph around the time of the estimate drop, my hashrate did go down but not that significantly.  The 675 second line shows a dip starting at 23:15.  I definitely lost connection because all my miners rates were going down, but it was for only a very short period because the lowest it reached was 883Gh/s.  I've taken miners down for short periods, but it barely did anything to my estimate.

I was just guessing due to the timing of your post, like maybe you pulled the one up just before the change and loaded yours just after. I could very easily be completely wrong on that.

I have found from my side that everything but the three hour and twelve hour average are extremely variable, even though watching cgminer I see only maybe 2 to 3 percent variance over a short period. But the three hour is usually pretty close to what I observe, and the 12 is even closer. WK is on record as saying the stats page is a work in progress, so I attribute little random glitches to that, as long as the average evens out correctly. If it didn't correct itself, then I would be worried.
freebit13

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 07:47:41 AM

That is incorrect.

Easy example;

Cheers,

AFAIK, your estimated earnings are calculated from the 3hr hashrate. If you've been offline for a while, that rate drops and takes 3 hours to creep back up again... that's why the projected earnings were so low and slowly increased as you were mining for longer.

Decentralize EVERYTHING!
davebodger

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 03:17:51 PM

Is it my imagination or is the payment queue a bit backlogged?
It's 56 blocks long now and I don't seem to have progressed up it in the last day.
I seem to be stuck with 45 blocks above me.
 Sad

If you think I deserve it - BTC always welcome - 14GkxT2xcpgvGVBgMjtGeFiXrxnttBSRRF
wizkid057 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 04:24:50 PM

Is it my imagination or is the payment queue a bit backlogged?
It's 56 blocks long now and I don't seem to have progressed up it in the last day.
I seem to be stuck with 45 blocks above me.
 Sad

Queue has grown a bit due to a bunch of minor fail safes and I havent had a chance to do another manual payout yet.  Should get that done soon.

Tips: 1LDQrLr6dPVqNJmpZm82eZVKqDFRk7ERW8
Operator of the Eligius Mining Pool - 0% Fee, SAPPLNS, GBT, Stratum, IRC+Phone Support, Share Market (coming soon), Generation payouts, and more.
Don't feed the trolls. Science Confirms: Internet Trolls Really Are Narcissistic, Psychopathic, and Sadistic (1)
merv77

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 04:42:22 PM

suddently lost about 2PH/s

this mob must of had a catastrophic failure http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1A73ExsM2doRwTLp82rv5U36QHbBFmHD1X

or they forgot to pay their internet provider bill ...  Grin
wizkid057 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 04:44:23 PM

this mob must of had a catastrophic failure http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1A73ExsM2doRwTLp82rv5U36QHbBFmHD1X

More likely forgot to pay the electric bill Tongue

Operator of the Eligius Mining Pool - 0% Fee, SAPPLNS, GBT, Stratum, IRC+Phone Support, Share Market (coming soon), Generation payouts, and more.
Don't feed the trolls. Science Confirms: Internet Trolls Really Are Narcissistic, Psychopathic, and Sadistic (1)
davebodger

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 05:23:25 PM

Maybe they are upgrading to a new 10MW supply?

Looks like 200TH/s just came back online.

I wonder how high they will go this time?  Roll Eyes

If you think I deserve it - BTC always welcome - 14GkxT2xcpgvGVBgMjtGeFiXrxnttBSRRF
lowerjerzey

Activity: 106

🤖UBEX.COM 🤖

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 06:53:43 PM

AFAIK, your estimated earnings are calculated from the 3hr hashrate. If you've been offline for a while, that rate drops and takes 3 hours to creep back up again... that's why the projected earnings were so low and slowly increased as you were mining for longer.

I was already back for almost 2 days and my estimate was .004 then just dropped off for no apparent reason.   If it's based off the 3 hour rate than I should have seen no drop.  You can look at the graph at the time when I first posted.  My 3 hour hashrate didn't fluctuate at all. Why did my estimate?

▓▓▓█████████████████████████████░░          UBEX          ░░█████████████████████████████▓▓▓
▓██████████████████░░          Global Decentralized Advertising Exchange          ░░██████████████████▓
▓███░   • Telegram  • Facebook  • ANN Thread  • Youtube  • LinkedIn  • Twitter • Medium  • Reddit  • Github   ░███▓
jamesg
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1358

AKA: gigavps

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 08:28:50 PM

1396.84411428 BTC are ahead in queue, but our payout is more than the remaining block reward of 3.15588572 BTC, putting this user's payout after a 56 block delay.

Seems there is a bit of a backlog for the payment queue. Anyway we can get a cold storage payout to clear things up?

Thanks,
James
wizkid057 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 08:46:15 PM

1396.84411428 BTC are ahead in queue, but our payout is more than the remaining block reward of 3.15588572 BTC, putting this user's payout after a 56 block delay.

Seems there is a bit of a backlog for the payment queue. Anyway we can get a cold storage payout to clear things up?

Thanks,
James

Yes of course.  As mentioned a few posts earlier I just haven't had a moment to do it. I will be doing so this evening.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 280 »
  Print  

Jump to: