Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:43:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 280 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Eligius: 0% Fee BTC, 105% PPS NMC, No registration, CPPSRB  (Read 1061072 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
freebit13

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 06:03:32 PM

Thanks, my newness to this pool is showing. Smiley

However, the payout queue does say there is 438 BTC waiting to be paid out in 18 blocks.  Maybe that's not a lot to you, but it is a huge amount to me.

M
I think it takes everyone a little while to figure out the payout queue and how it works, I know I did.

Just for a little more clarification: if you check the first bunch of addresses in the queue, you'll see those that are a month old or so are usually idle miners and these people are being paid their last payout. These might contain some older shelved shares which is why they look like they've been waiting for ages. Once you start to reach addresses '3 days' into the payout queue; those are usually smaller hashrate miners who've set their payout limit higher than their daily earnings so get a payment every couple of days. After that it looks like around 80% of the queue has only been waiting 20hrs or less.

Eligius also pays directly from mined coins and doesn't ever go into negative balance in order to support itself independent of external capital input, so that 18 block delay is like a buffer to make sure the pool doesn't pay out more than it has or go bankrupt. During times of bad luck the queue can grow longer, but a few lucky rounds usually clears things up quickly.

Hopefully that helps some better understand the payout queue, but that is what I've come to understand through my limited time studying it, I no longer bother as I've never been burned by waiting for payments and I've been here for a few months now. If I've stated anything incorrectly, please someone chime in and let me know.

Decentralize EVERYTHING!
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gorgatron

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 06:12:49 PM

There have also been a few small delays in payouts.  I read one post here recently that suggested the delay was months?  Maybe I misread it.

Uh.....no.  The delay has been - AT MOST - a few days time.  

According to the current payout queue, the top 5 are 1+ month old.  And I think someone stated that there was finally a payout recently where a LOT of folks were finally paid.  So I'm not sure the "months" statement is wrong.  (But I am new here..)

M
The time shown in the payout queue is slightly misleading. What it is actually showing is the time of the first share accepted after their last payout. It's effectively the date of their last payout. So, if I get a payout every couple of days; when I hit my payout limit, I'll be pushed into the queue ahead of those who get a payout every day.

Thanks, my newness to this pool is showing. Smiley

However, the payout queue does say there is 438 BTC waiting to be paid out in 18 blocks.  Maybe that's not a lot to you, but it is a huge amount to me.

M

it's a lot for 99% of humanity. you're correct. when the site gets wonky, payouts can get pretty jammed, and this has generally be relieved by 1) some manual payouts to help clean up some, and 2) the system going through it's 'normal' payout routine. a few pages back WK or Luke-Jr explain what has to happen to do a manual payout, but i'll admit i'm too lazy to go find it at current. the simple explanation is that it sometimes takes a few days before one or the other (usually WK in my experience) does the manual payout. you'll also sometimes notice that your spot in the payout queue jumps around a bit has those who have been mining longer jump ahead, or even you jump ahead because it's been 2-3 days. I don't know about others, but I can say that with my ~330 GH/s, I generally go anywhere from 1-4 days between payouts, mainly 2-4 over the last 2 weeks, which is due to site issues (I think, but don't really know) and changes in difficulty. you'll likely see more than 18 blocks in the payout queue at some point as well.

mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 06:21:55 PM

Thanks for the info everyone on how the payout queue works.  I feel better about it now. Smiley

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
maranello1561

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 06:59:38 PM

Stats have been down for like 48 hours, now the site is completely down. That's just unnaceptable for one of the largest pools, or really any site at all. I just am skeptical that this is all being used as a front for pool operators absconding with coins that should have gone to the miners. Admittedly I have a hard time trusting Christians or "altruists".

I'm moving my miners off Eligius. May come back if things improve but this is ridiculous.

Some of you really need to get a grasp on what's going on.

The servers for the pool itself have been solidly operating for ...months?  Someone correct me if I'm wrong here.  I think there was a very small pool outage for a few minutes time like maybe 4 or 5 months ago.  Other than that, the pool itself has been utterly solid.  Shares are being accepted and work is flowing as it should to the miners.  

The server for the front end stats has had some issues from time to time.  I, for one, care not.  Are there miners out there that only monitor their hardware via pool statistics?  That seems backasswards to me.

There have also been a few small delays in payouts.  I read one post here recently that suggested the delay was months?  Maybe I misread it.

Uh.....no.  The delay has been - AT MOST - a few days time.  

If that's putting anyone here in a bind.... ouch.  Just ouch.  Anyone in that situation, post an address.  I have some gratis coupons to fast food joints I'll mail you and some boxes of stuff from our recent Subscribe and Save order, because you're probably near homeless and starving?

Oh look at Mr Bling Bling here with deep pockets.

maranello1561

Activity: 167

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 07:00:40 PM

Haven't seen any payouts. Is Namecoin merge mining still happening? If not, can you please remove it from the options page. confusing as hell.
freebit13

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 07:11:13 PM

Eligius still does merged NMC mining. WK mentioned in his last post that he's holding off on NMC payments until the latest mess is sorted.

Haven't seen any payouts. Is Namecoin merge mining still happening? If not, can you please remove it from the options page. confusing as hell.

*sigh*

Seems we cant catch a break. Sad

I left this morning, and within an hour of me leaving CPPSRB went into failsafe.  I was traveling most of the day and wasn't able to set it to recover until ~8 hours later... which is making for a slow catch up.

I decided to hold off on NMC payouts for the moment until I can go through the information provided by everyone regarding changes.  Seems the core copy of the database rejected some people's invalid signature options in an update (with the false NMC address).  So, the core database was missing some random people's options, which seems to be why some people's options have reset to nothing (because I wiped out all options containing the false NMC address/invalid signatures).

I will use the latest backup from before the incident to reverify everyone's options/NMC address and check it against the database before issuing some NMC payouts/backpay.  No worries.

As for a BTC manual payout, it was on my agenda to do tonight, but with the reward system out of sync I can not get a valid payout list, so I have to wait until that is ready.  Hopefully it doesn't take too long and I can still get it done before I get to sleep tonight.

-wk

Decentralize EVERYTHING!
JLebowskiTheDude

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 07:29:46 PM

According to the current payout queue, the top 5 are 1+ month old.  And I think someone stated that there was finally a payout recently where a LOT of folks were finally paid.  So I'm not sure the "months" statement is wrong.  (But I am new here..)

M

Because they hadn't met their configured minimum payouts sooner.

Yup.  What Luke-Jr said.

That's part of the problem.  A lot of misinformation or misinterpretation of information, and poor assumptions based on that.

Not meaning to single you out mdude77.  Like I said it's a misconception of way too many who post here.

JLebowskiTheDude

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 07:34:50 PM

Thanks for the info everyone on how the payout queue works.  I feel better about it now. Smiley

We're all here (hopefully) to learn and help others learn.  Asking questions is part of learning.  Sometimes even challenging questions.  But the sense of entitlement a lot of the posts here have - not yours of course - gets a bit ridiculous.

Thankfully wk created this new thread so he can prune out the really unhelpful troll posts.  Which were... uhhh.... plentiful at times in the old thread?  lol

JLebowskiTheDude

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 07:42:58 PM
Last edit: March 16, 2014, 08:05:02 PM by JLebowskiTheDude

Oh look at Mr Bling Bling here with deep pockets.

It wasn't intended that way at all.

It's a subtle reminder to some that if you happen to be stretching yourself thin enough financially that you can't manage a small amount of payout variance in a completely optional and largely superfluous activity, you need to do a healthy amount of re-examination.

And in that tenor I was offering to help those who find themselves in that position the opportunity to maybe afford to eat while they do? Since the implication that was being stated was their mining actitivy was the means to a majority of their living expenses and their funds were so short that could not afford even a few days wait in being paid.

mdude77
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 07:48:52 PM

According to the current payout queue, the top 5 are 1+ month old.  And I think someone stated that there was finally a payout recently where a LOT of folks were finally paid.  So I'm not sure the "months" statement is wrong.  (But I am new here..)

M

Because they hadn't met their configured minimum payouts sooner.

Yup.  What Luke-Jr said.

That's part of the problem.  A lot of misinformation or misinterpretation of information, and poor assumptions based on that.

Not meaning to single you out mdude77.  Like I said it's a misconception of way too many who post here.

Maybe someone "in the know" can update the help page?  I did read the info there, more than once, before I started posting in this thread.  The information doesn't always make sense (to me atleast), and googling can sometimes lead to contradictory information.

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
Icebjerg

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 09:44:13 PM

Just wondering if anyone else has got any NMC payouts lately?
I used to get a payout approx. once every two days.  I have not recieved one since the 9th.
I did have to re-input my NMC address after it was cleared out.
Thanks
blubberli

Activity: 172

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 09:49:52 PM

Just wondering if anyone else has got any NMC payouts lately?

Did you read at least the latest 10 postings?

WK mentioned in his last post that he's holding off on NMC payments until the latest mess is sorted.

Icebjerg

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 10:01:37 PM

Thanks for the quote,
I missed that post from March 15.
Honestly mostly skimm read as there are so many posts on thread, let alone  the entire fourm.
blubberli

Activity: 172

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 10:14:12 PM

Thanks for the quote,

You are welcome. And yes, this forum contains way too much information, my brain demands a direct link. :-)

babaji.ca

Activity: 184

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 12:06:29 AM

I learned a lesson today that disenchanted me with Eligius, pool mining and Bitcoin in general.

Last night, one of my miners found a block.  Hope against hope, it found a block!   Shocked  With only 1.2TH at my command, with odds of five quadrillion to one, it found a block!  I briefly did the Snoopy happy dance.  25BTC!  That's $15,750!  The things I could do with that amount of money.  I could pay for the miners I had gone into debt to purchase and still have a nice chiunk of pocket change!  Stats were still offline so I couldn't see the impact.  I went to bed.

This morning I checked my payouts... and there was nothing.  Nothing but a measly 0.39BTC for four days of mining.  Angry
$15,750 had been taken from me!  Distributed to the pool!  Not one extra bitcoin was given to me for having the miner that did the work.  Then I realized what a Communist plot pool mining is.  You have no chance to rise above your station in life comrade.  Your efforts are for the good of all.  You shall not benefit from your efforts beyond the average level of your hashing power.

Given my inability to afford to purchase at least 100TH of mining power, I will never know the joy of mining a block and receiving the full reward.  I could try mining solo, but I may never see that level of luck again in my lifetime without the aforementioned 100TH of mining power, and the target keeps rising.  With each person or group that struggles to surpass the competition by having more mining power that most of the pack, the difficulty rises almost exponentially.

In Bitcoin, as in life, the spoils once again go only to the wealthy power-brokers.  Satoshi you have failed to create the coin of the common man!  This shall be its fatal flaw that will either make Bitcoin fail entirely, or cause it to become just another currency used to manipulate and control the masses.

<sigh>

That's like getting upset because the lotto ticket you bought for the office pool won, and now you must share it with the other chumps in the pool.....

You should have been mining on your own from the start.

<< oooops! did I just respond to a troll ? >>
un_ordinateur

Activity: 157

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 01:18:10 AM

I tought it might be a troll too, but I chose to respond because the response had worthwhile thing to be said for anybody.
gorgatron

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 01:55:02 AM

I think you've been beat up on enough, but wanted to give a few comments the other day when I saw this. now, I'll be given fewer, but maybe this will resonate with you, or help you see things from your own obviously miopic viewpoint. First off:

With only 1.2TH at my command, with odds of five quadrillion to one, it found a block!  I briefly did the Snoopy happy dance.  25BTC!  

This morning I checked my payouts... and there was nothing.  Nothing but a measly 0.39BTC for four days of mining.  Angry

To equate yourself with the "every-man" while rolling with 1.2 TH/s is insulting. Seriously, It's just fucking insulting. Think about it. Most people at this pool, and most others, are generally under 500 GH/s, and actually even less. I was kind of offended, though I'm not actually capable of felling a wide range of emotions. Offended is closest. You're earning way more than me, and just by being a miner, as opposed to buying BTC, you've got a better chance of making better profit that those who just buy BTC during favorable market conditions. You have a steady stream of BTC income rolling. To put yourself at my level, and many others, is naive at best, and callus at worst, and shows you do not have a grasp on the mining landscape.  I had harsher words, but others have already said them. Just be sensitive to the fact that by possessing 1,2 TH/s in gear, and most of us here knowing what that costs, puts you in a different class than many of us who have taken, in sme instances, bigger financial risks to possess much less.

$15,750 had been taken from me!  Distributed to the pool!  Not one extra bitcoin was given to me for having the miner that did the work.  Then I realized what a Communist plot pool mining is.

Yeah, of course it's distributed to the pool. You're also benefiting form the many other miners who are willing to not act entitled and jump to some dumb-ass communist conspiracy. Something tells me your American, as most Americans understand communism from third-party sources that digest it for them instead of reading as much theory as necessary to even be able to use the word correctly. If you want to say there's a social element to it, then you're indeed correct, and that's the whole point. independent miners pool their resources together for the benefit of the group, and as many have pointed out, many of us would earn nothing if we didn't, so it's a logical choice. Also, if you have't read Adam Smith's 1759 work 'Theory of Moral Sentiments' in connection to his 1776 work 'The Wealth of Nations,' you may want to go back and refresh your fundamentals uf how capitalism works, or should work, at the ground floor. People with minimal capital pool resources together to create profit, which is good for the a given economy. When players at ANY level become greedy and feel entitled, while in a sense they are indeed following one facet of capitalism to its logical conclusion, Smith points out that greed is perhaps the greatest destructive force. He also goes on to say that while most markets should be left unencumbered, finance is perhaps the one key area where there should indeed be oversight and regulation. He was also in favor of social programs like compulsory education, relief for the unemployed (minimal like housing, food, and the general basics), and a few other social programs.

What's more, you FOUND a block. As many have pointed out, big deal. Eclipse, for example, counts when you are the last person who actually solves the block. No perks there either.

I don't know, you jump form one extreme to another suggests that you're letting your expectations rule, and are fine with being ignorant and lashing out, instead of having first posted a question as to why this is. You just go to communism, which within your worldview simply equals "bad." You live in a world where you these concepts are actually rather fluid, and you practice all of them without likely knowing it. Do you loan friends $20 bucks for a few days when they are hard up without asking for interest? That's a social undertaking. Even global systems are a mixture of those that have come before, which is why they are so hard to define and are simply pegged in a binary framework of left and right. It's over-simplistic, and if you're smart enough throw down on these boards, you need to see things in a dynamic light, not some static intellectual cage.

This pool may not be right for you, so I sincerely hope that you find one that suits your expectations. I believe that you average miner wants every miner to be pulling in their share since it keeps things moving along. We got into ming partly as a hobby, but also because if done correctly, you'll earn more BTC for less out put that if you simply purchased at the exchange. With mining, you get a steady stream regardless of exchange value. utilizing you earned BTC at higher exchange rates just helps you maximize the investment.

You have no chance to rise above your station in life comrade.  Your efforts are for the good of all.  You shall not benefit from your efforts beyond the average level of your hashing power.

If you have 1.2 TH/s you have no room to bitch. You already have improved your station comparatively against fellow miners, so that talk is nonsense. It's also more than just mining. You have to set your BTC in motion to work for you when the exchange rate is at your advantage. Don't go acting like to represent the common man, however (would like to point out that this is a very socialist meme as well, which is cool, as I like irony). You've already shown your cards and that you come from a position where you can drop about $6000 more than I was able to.

As for the info out there, it can be confusing. I agree. It takes months of discussion, reading, research, and asking questions. Why didn't ask the people here questions before you accused pools to be a 'communist' plot. No, you got all pissed off because you felt entitled, partly because you didn't understand that you hadn't done any more work than anyone else, and threw a hissy fit. This is unfortunate, as people here could have helped, and would have gladly done so. It would have saved you frustration, and the scorn of many participants here.

I do wish you the best of luck, but you were really talking out of school. There re legitimate complaints for sure, but this wasn't relay one of them. Don't let my low post number fool you. I've been t this for a while. I'm not as into understanding every aspect as some, as I like to find a good pool and stick with it until I find it unreliable, as in the pool doesn't work properly, and the site is just the graphic interface that is occasionally of consequence in my view. Try mining PeerCoin sometime. It's the opposite. The states and web pages are pretty, but the pools are buggy as hell. I don't recall this pool being down in the ~4 months or so I've been using it exclusively. I could be mistaken, but don't think so.

If the info around the web isn't helpful, ask your peers. Good luck to you wherever you end up, and drop the paranoia communist plot BS. regardless of any system, people of lesser means have to come together. It wasn't different in the gold rush when smaller prospectors hd to go up against the comstocks. We're heading in the direction. If we want to keep earning, we need each other and have to subside to the reality that you earn what you contribute. I don't see any alternative that is fairer to the community.

I guess this topic is really been beaten to death now. lol Good luck.
gorgatron

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 01:56:12 AM

I tought [sic] it might be a troll too, but I chose to respond because the response had worthwhile thing to be said for anybody.

+1
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 02:17:13 AM

I learned a lesson today that disenchanted me with Eligius, pool mining and Bitcoin in general.

Last night, one of my miners found a block.  Hope against hope, it found a block!   Shocked  With only 1.2TH at my command, with odds of five quadrillion to one, it found a block!  I briefly did the Snoopy happy dance.  25BTC!  That's $15,750!  The things I could do with that amount of money.  I could pay for the miners I had gone into debt to purchase and still have a nice chiunk of pocket change!  Stats were still offline so I couldn't see the impact.  I went to bed.

$15,750 had been taken from me!  Distributed to the pool!  Not one extra bitcoin was given to me for having the miner that did the work.  Then I realized what a Communist plot pool mining is.  You have no chance to rise above your station in life comrade.  Your efforts are for the good of all.  You shall not benefit from your efforts beyond the average level of your hashing power.

Given my inability to afford to purchase at least 100TH of mining power, I will never know the joy of mining a block and receiving the full reward.  I could try mining solo, but I may never see that level of luck again in my lifetime without the aforementioned 100TH of mining power, and the target keeps rising.  With each person or group that struggles to surpass the competition by having more mining power that most of the pack, the difficulty rises almost exponentially.

In Bitcoin, as in life, the spoils once again go only to the wealthy power-brokers.  Satoshi you have failed to create the coin of the common man!  This shall be its fatal flaw that will either make Bitcoin fail entirely, or cause it to become just another currency used to manipulate and control the masses.

<sigh>

That's like getting upset because the lotto ticket you bought for the office pool won, and now you must share it with the other chumps in the pool.....

You should have been mining on your own from the start.

Nah. He's not a troll. Just venting.
mdude77
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 03:34:32 AM

Hello all, I've added support for Eligius to my Windows only MPoolMonitor app.

See https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=86502.0

I intend to add more feature functionality, including local idle worker alerts, possible graphs (haven't explored yet), and pool luck ratings if the API supports it. 

Note that it doesn't currently show separate worker names, those mining with _name appended to the address.  I'm not seeing that info in the output from the API, I have an email into Wizkid about that, maybe I'm missing something.

Regards,

M

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 280 »
  Print  

Jump to: