Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:08:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 ... 280 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Eligius: 0% Fee BTC, 105% PPS NMC, No registration, CPPSRB  (Read 1061071 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Biontic

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

HodL tight, it's gonna get wild

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 01:44:37 PM

on Donations: OP has stated numerous times throughout this thread that, not everyone uses the auto donate functionality on the pool frontend - some of the miners contribute directly.

Now don't get me wrong, I agree that everyone making money off WK's efforts, 'should' contribute. But you cant break out the pitchforks, purely based on what is reported by the stats servers. You are not seeing the full picture.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
 Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man." ~George Bernard Shaw
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 01:53:28 PM

Thanks so much for getting the payout system working again. That was a disconcerting first 2 weeks for me on Eligius.

On donations, WK has the option of establishing a pool fee if needed. Would anyone complain ?
un_ordinateur

Activity: 157

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 03:01:41 PM

Thanks so much for getting the payout system working again. That was a disconcerting first 2 weeks for me on Eligius.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but except for a few hicups of a few hours here and there, payout was working well most of the time? There was a BIG problem a few months back, but it has been quite some time ago, and it was blocked for a week or so. Since then, nothing that blocked payout for more than 2 days!

On donations, WK has the option of establishing a pool fee if needed. Would anyone complain ?

He has repetitedly stated he does not want to do that. I'm not quite sure why he cares son much about that, but he really wants that there exists at least one free public-usable bitcoin mining pool of minimally good quality.
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 04:04:23 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong

You are wrong.
Ermak

Activity: 219

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 07:39:42 PM
Last edit: May 31, 2014, 01:08:42 AM by Ermak

When the stop delay payments? two days no payments (

account settings have not changed, got a lot of benefits to these settings..
wizkid057 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 12:13:25 AM
Last edit: May 31, 2014, 12:52:18 AM by wizkid057

Alright, was on track to get namecoin payouts done... right now... but, found a stupid little bug in my code that calculated payouts incorrectly using historic difficulty data, causing some people to have slightly less of a payout amount than the should have due to using a higher difficulty for the math than should have been.  Not off by much, but, still not really fair to go by. Sad

Rerunning the number crunch again to get everything perfect.  It took about 7 hours last time to process the last several months of data in the database needed to do the calculation.  This time, though, I have the code ready to go.  So, as soon as it's done, or as soon as I wake up in the morning (if it's not done before I head to bed) I will get the namecoins pushed out the door to you all after some quick sanity checks.

-wk

Tips: 1LDQrLr6dPVqNJmpZm82eZVKqDFRk7ERW8
Operator of the Eligius Mining Pool - 0% Fee, SAPPLNS, GBT, Stratum, IRC+Phone Support, Share Market (coming soon), Generation payouts, and more.
Don't feed the trolls. Science Confirms: Internet Trolls Really Are Narcissistic, Psychopathic, and Sadistic (1)
crashoveride54902

Activity: 784
Merit: 504

Dream become broken often

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 02:42:32 AM

Alright, was on track to get namecoin payouts done... right now... but, found a stupid little bug in my code that calculated payouts incorrectly using historic difficulty data, causing some people to have slightly less of a payout amount than the should have due to using a higher difficulty for the math than should have been.  Not off by much, but, still not really fair to go by. Sad

Rerunning the number crunch again to get everything perfect.  It took about 7 hours last time to process the last several months of data in the database needed to do the calculation.  This time, though, I have the code ready to go.  So, as soon as it's done, or as soon as I wake up in the morning (if it's not done before I head to bed) I will get the namecoins pushed out the door to you all after some quick sanity checks.

-wk

SWEET!!!!! Thanks WK!!!

Dreams of cyprto solving everything is slowly slipping away...Replaced by scams/hacks Sad
Bomtrack

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 06:51:37 AM

Since 5/11/14 there have been 28 payouts to Eligius wallet 18d3HV2bm94UyY4a9DrPfoZ17sXuiDQq2B unspent, at 25 coins and 600 a coin is 420,000.00 someone is planning a vacation and we will be the ones financing it but can you really blame them. It would be nice to find a pool that was totally without human weakness. Eligius is doing the best I'm sure and it can't be easy. I have been trying to do some programming myself to crack a wallet and that's minor compared to managing this monster. I even tried to set up solo mining with just one rig and a server and that was a waste of 5 days, but a lot learned. I have much more respect for people who can manage this and they deserve compensation even if a few kids and cats have to go hungry for a day.
Thanks for your hard work and service and please if you ever decide you have had enough and are going to retire at least have the balls and respect to let us know and say good bye. Not like some people that just up and disappear. Everyone has the right to better them selves and the current system denies most of us that opportunity even when we put in 40+ hours a week. I really believe that bitcoin is going to be that
vehicle that will better a lot of people that otherwise wouldn't have the opportunity. They current system is outdated and inefficient so something is gotta change and right now this is the only game going and it is really up to people such as yourself that dedicate their time and skill to better the system and keep people like me in the game. I will make my ROI in another month and after that it's all retirement funds. Anyways BLAH BLAH BLAH! Cheers and keep up the good work!
https://blockchain.info/address/1RCodeej35kS9rGMG7HsbZmB4U8n6mg7D
https://blockchain.info/address/18d3HV2bm94UyY4a9DrPfoZ17sXuiDQq2B
RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 09:30:11 AM

-wk

NOOOOOO! So how could we live in this board without posting all couple of days the remarkable sentende: "What about the Namecoins?"
crashoveride54902

Activity: 784
Merit: 504

Dream become broken often

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 01:17:52 PM

Since 5/11/14 there have been 28 payouts to Eligius wallet 18d3HV2bm94UyY4a9DrPfoZ17sXuiDQq2B unspent, at 25 coins and 600 a coin is 420,000.00 someone is planning a vacation and we will be the ones financing it but can you really blame them. It would be nice to find a pool that was totally without human weakness. Eligius is doing the best I'm sure and it can't be easy. I have been trying to do some programming myself to crack a wallet and that's minor compared to managing this monster. I even tried to set up solo mining with just one rig and a server and that was a waste of 5 days, but a lot learned. I have much more respect for people who can manage this and they deserve compensation even if a few kids and cats have to go hungry for a day.
Thanks for your hard work and service and please if you ever decide you have had enough and are going to retire at least have the balls and respect to let us know and say good bye. Not like some people that just up and disappear. Everyone has the right to better them selves and the current system denies most of us that opportunity even when we put in 40+ hours a week. I really believe that bitcoin is going to be that
vehicle that will better a lot of people that otherwise wouldn't have the opportunity. They current system is outdated and inefficient so something is gotta change and right now this is the only game going and it is really up to people such as yourself that dedicate their time and skill to better the system and keep people like me in the game. I will make my ROI in another month and after that it's all retirement funds. Anyways BLAH BLAH BLAH! Cheers and keep up the good work!

there is no way he is doing us wrong at all!!!  He is trying his hardest to fix everything and it takes time, if you don't trust WK then don't mine here Tongue ugh i'm so sick of ppl coming in here all the time n saying WK is going to do something bad...if he was i'm pretty sure he'd have done it already and not work his butt off trying to fix everything...we should be happy he is here n actually fixing stuff...unlike slushs pool, where something goes wrong, nothing happens, slush doesn't do crap for that pool anymore

Dreams of cyprto solving everything is slowly slipping away...Replaced by scams/hacks Sad
PlanetCrypto

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 02:06:34 PM

Let's put some things into perspective.

The pool is currently hashing w/ 7,132.70 TH/s, The value of a BTC is $622.35.
At this network difficulty Eligius is effectively mining ~$6,366,836.29 /Month.

If WK took 1%, which he doesn't, that would be $63,668.36/Month or $764,020.35/Year.
"Stealing" $420K would be shorting himself about $340K/year.
If I were in WK's position and of a thieving mindset, I'd be thinking about stealing the $6 Mil not the paltry $420K.

WK, we are very grateful that the Eligius pool exists and that you tirelessly give of yourself and your time.
Thanks.

On July 1, after we payoff a little loan that bought our initial mining H/W, we will be 1%'ers (it's the least we can do).
We look forward to the day when we can help compensate WK for his efforts and additionally offer all our NMC payouts.
All we need is an NMC address to forward that miniscule dollar value to him. Hint hint.

That's our .00003 BTC's worth, back to lurking.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
sdjernes

Activity: 49

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 02:44:02 PM

A few comments:

I love the ability to auto donate to the pool. I have been donating since the first time I connected and was barely able to squeak out 1Ghs. I put in 3% (1% each section). When I hit the 3Ths mark the donation will go up to 6%.

WizKid should set up a wish list at TigerDirect or Overstock.com (someplace that takes BTC) so we can send him things he needs. Yes I believe in gifts, it's a way to show we care about the person not just the work he does.

Now for one of my peavs about how people have there payouts set. A lot of the BIG miners have their payout still set at 0.04 BTC when then can make over this in one block. This means they are constantly entering the payout queue. People read the estimated earnings section of the stats page and set your payout so that you enter the queue once a day our better yet do what I and a few friends do and plan for a payout every two days.

Thank you for reading.
Bomtrack

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 04:22:02 PM

there is no way he is doing us wrong at all!!!  He is trying his hardest to fix everything and it takes time, if you don't trust WK then don't mine here Tongue ugh i'm so sick of ppl coming in here all the time n saying WK is going to do something bad...if he was i'm pretty sure he'd have done it already and not work his butt off trying to fix everything...we should be happy he is here n actually fixing stuff...unlike slushs pool, where something goes wrong, nothing happens, slush doesn't do crap for that pool anymore

Let's put some things into perspective.

The pool is currently hashing w/ 7,132.70 TH/s, The value of a BTC is $622.35.
At this network difficulty Eligius is effectively mining ~$6,366,836.29 /Month.

If WK took 1%, which he doesn't, that would be $63,668.36/Month or $764,020.35/Year.
"Stealing" $420K would be shorting himself about $340K/year.
If I were in WK's position and of a thieving mindset, I'd be thinking about stealing the $6 Mil not the paltry $420K.

WK, we are very grateful that the Eligius pool exists and that you tirelessly give of yourself and your time.
Thanks.

On July 1, after we payoff a little loan that bought our initial mining H/W, we will be 1%'ers (it's the least we can do).
We look forward to the day when we can help compensate WK for his efforts and additionally offer all our NMC payouts.
All we need is an NMC address to forward that miniscule dollar value to him. Hint hint.

That's our .00003 BTC's worth, back to lurking.

Thanks, for putting that prospective on it and if those are the #"s then my hats off to him and I was trying to make a compliment in my retarded minded way. I have tried a lot of pools and I will say Eligius has been the best and I hope he's getting that 1% I just wish they would get caught up on the payouts for that kind off money I would do a couple days of nonstop work and get caught up and work on making the system more consistent without compromising security of course.

A few comments:

I love the ability to auto donate to the pool. I have been donating since the first time I connected and was barely able to squeak out 1Ghs. I put in 3% (1% each section). When I hit the 3Ths mark the donation will go up to 6%.

WizKid should set up a wish list at TigerDirect or Overstock.com (someplace that takes BTC) so we can send him things he needs. Yes I believe in gifts, it's a way to show we care about the person not just the work he does.

Now for one of my peavs about how people have there payouts set. A lot of the BIG miners have their payout still set at 0.04 BTC when then can make over this in one block. This means they are constantly entering the payout queue. People read the estimated earnings section of the stats page and set your payout so that you enter the queue once a day our better yet do what I and a few friends do and plan for a payout every two days.

Thank you for reading.
I agree if your doing 453ths you shouldn't be getting payed out 6 times a day at 24 coins a pop while other people are waiting 4 days to get there .5000 coins. I understand you have a bigger investment at stake but when my rigs become obsolete (in 3 months) you big dogs will still be collecting. so let us get our cut before the difficulty is insane. If anyone is interested I have 2 dragon 1ths units or sale 1500 each still doing 50.00 a day. You can add it to your 453..lol 
Ermak

Activity: 219

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 05:13:53 PM

good user support users 3 days do not respond !!
you very convenient to blame the administration's pool position on the users ... and then you can support your inquiries not respond ..
Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 06:26:21 PM

good user support users 3 days do not respond !!
you very convenient to blame the administration's pool position on the users ... and then you can support your inquiries not respond ..
I personally went in and responded to all the tickets that don't need wizkid057's direct attention (of which there are 3).

goldar

Activity: 25

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 06:38:47 PM

I have noticed that and I am pretty sure everyone else noticed that as well.
However, if you go back and look at these wallets payout history, you will see eventually they will get distributed.
But they only thing I do not like is this will cause a hold up and delay on payout queue specially with these unlucky rounds we have been having recently.
wizkid057 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 07:58:21 PM

Alright, little behind schedule today.

Spent my time in the morning checking into the overnight failsafe and making sure all was well with that.  By the time I got the CPPSRB database catching up I had to head out, so, didn't make it to the NMC stuff.

Looks like NMC payouts are ready, just going to go through and run some more sanity checks on them before pushing them out, so, give me an hour or so.

Assuming no issues, this whole NMC nonsense should be over today!

Cheesy

Tips: 1LDQrLr6dPVqNJmpZm82eZVKqDFRk7ERW8
Operator of the Eligius Mining Pool - 0% Fee, SAPPLNS, GBT, Stratum, IRC+Phone Support, Share Market (coming soon), Generation payouts, and more.
Don't feed the trolls. Science Confirms: Internet Trolls Really Are Narcissistic, Psychopathic, and Sadistic (1)
Bomtrack

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 08:46:43 PM

I have noticed that and I am pretty sure everyone else noticed that as well.
However, if you go back and look at these wallets payout history, you will see eventually they will get distributed.
But they only thing I do not like is this will cause a hold up and delay on payout queue specially with these unlucky rounds we have been having recently.

Ya, I'm not worried these are good people like the other guy said 6 mil. a month that's crazy and hard for my brain to comprehend If they were going to dig out they would already be gone. I think most of the bad seeds have already fallen by the way. What were seeing know are the one's who are in it for the long haul. The race know is how to bridge that gap from consumer to merchant to exchange instantaneously so the merchant gets the exact value at the time of sale and if someone can figure a way to bring back the gold standard for bitcoin so it can be traded for gold and thus given a value and a guarantee of gold. That would make it the ultimate currency I think. I love when I'm talking to people about bitcoin and they ask how does it get it's value and my reply is, the same way the us dollar gets it's value. People beleive it has value think about what's backing the dollar or any other world currency for that matter. Nothing! 
sly5am

Activity: 582
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 10:00:53 PM

Did someone walk off with all the namecoins?  haven't gotten any for months.

Cheeseater

Activity: 351
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 12:45:08 AM

What settings does everyone use for dragon miners? I put 3 on the pool and they showed at 29 gh I have them set for 1024 diff.
Thanks
Pages: « 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 ... 280 »
  Print  

Jump to: