Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 05:26:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 ... 280 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Eligius: 0% Fee BTC, 105% PPS NMC, No registration, CPPSRB  (Read 1061137 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
wizkid057 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 05:00:13 AM

I've been trying to limit the number of manual payouts done to one or two per month unless absolutely needed.

Since the top of the queue is about a week old at this point, I'll make sure to get one done this weekend.

Tips: 1LDQrLr6dPVqNJmpZm82eZVKqDFRk7ERW8
Operator of the Eligius Mining Pool - 0% Fee, SAPPLNS, GBT, Stratum, IRC+Phone Support, Share Market (coming soon), Generation payouts, and more.
Don't feed the trolls. Science Confirms: Internet Trolls Really Are Narcissistic, Psychopathic, and Sadistic (1)
wizkid057 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 05:14:11 AM

Did a partial manual payout to knock out all of the dust people have been bugging about (people with < 0.01 BTC balances) and the top ~7 blocks of the payout queue from the one offline wallet.  Will get to the rest tomorrow.

Operator of the Eligius Mining Pool - 0% Fee, SAPPLNS, GBT, Stratum, IRC+Phone Support, Share Market (coming soon), Generation payouts, and more.
Don't feed the trolls. Science Confirms: Internet Trolls Really Are Narcissistic, Psychopathic, and Sadistic (1)
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 05:33:49 AM

Did a partial manual payout to knock out all of the dust people have been bugging about (people with < 0.01 BTC balances) and the top ~7 blocks of the payout queue from the one offline wallet.  Will get to the rest tomorrow.

I just saw a payment hit my wallet from you guys. I didn't realize I had any there but thanks for sending it.

PlanetCrypto

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 05:39:53 AM

So I think I got this payout queue threshold thingy wrong.

Would like some recommendations given the following:
Hashing @ 2.2 - 2.3 TH/s
Would like to be paid every 2 - 3 days.

Thanks in advance from a noob.

See link in my sig for payout threshold explanation.  TLDR version: the higher you set your threshold, the sooner you will likely be paid once you hit it.  If your threshold is low (1 day's worth or less) then you could easily see a 2-3 day variance in payouts.

Thanks, sorry to be so redundant. Interesting reading. Maybe make that explanation a sticky? Then it could a RTMFP, lol.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
baddw

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 05:58:35 AM

Hashing @ 2.2 - 2.3 TH/s

See link in my sig for payout threshold explanation.  TLDR version: the higher you set your threshold, the sooner you will likely be paid once you hit it.  If your threshold is low (1 day's worth or less) then you could easily see a 2-3 day variance in payouts.

Thanks, sorry to be so redundant. Interesting reading. Maybe make that explanation a sticky? Then it could a RTMFP, lol.

Well, there's a reason I put it in my sig: I got tired of having the same thing explained several times a week.  You're far from the only one.

BTC/XCP 11596GYYq5WzVHoHTmYZg4RufxxzAGEGBX
DRK XvFhRFQwvBAmFkaii6Kafmu6oXrH4dSkVF
Eligius Payouts/CPPSRB Explained  I am not associated with Eligius in any way.  I just think that it is a good pool with a cool payment system Smiley
Bitskint

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 09:13:43 AM

Any chance someone could explain the threshold/payment queue and how payments are made and when ??

Tongue

Thanks for the payout WK Smiley

1M68XehjYww77DLgwW9rk2zRid8Z8B7uw7 <-- my new BTC addy since Cryptsy took everything
jcumins

Activity: 312
Merit: 100

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 07:37:09 PM

Wizkid

I submitted a ticket to change my payout threshold to a much larger value.

I am not able to set a signature for my address due to the fact i use coinbase for my wallet.

I have not received any feed back if it has been completed or not.

Please get back to me I would really like to increase the min pay out amount from the default.

Thanks

wizkid057 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 07:41:37 PM

Wizkid

I am not able to set a signature for my address due to the fact i use coinbase for my wallet.

Please get back to me I would really like to increase the min pay out amount from the default.

Thanks

I have no ability to override signed options or set options without signatures, for security purposes.

Coinbase does allow message signing,  although using any online wallet is generally just not recommended

jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 08:42:39 PM

Wizkid

Thanks

I have no ability to override signed options or set options without signatures, for security purposes.

Coinbase does allow message signing,  although using any online wallet is generally just not recommended
To sign a message with your coinbase wallet, go to "Settings" and click on "Bitcoin Addresses".  You will see a list of your addresses.  Find the one you use for Eligius in the list and click on "Details".  You can see the details of that address, including a QR code.  Towards the bottom, you'll see, "You can also sign a message with this address."  Click that link and a text box will appear.  Put in the details you need and click "Sign Message".  The signature will appear right below the text box.  Copy and paste it into your Eligius settings.

You can also follow the instructions here: http://support.coinbase.com/customer/portal/articles/1526413-how-do-i-sign-a-message-with-a-bitcoin-address-

Hope this helps.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
jcumins

Activity: 312

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 11:02:29 PM

Thanks for the feed back everyone.  Just got that completed.

On another note going to be a long weekend with low luck rates again.  Glad I a not in Las Vegas with these low luck rates.

un_ordinateur

Activity: 157

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 07:33:46 AM

Hashing @ 2.2 - 2.3 TH/s

Well, there's a reason I put it in my sig: I got tired of having the same thing explained several times a week.  You're far from the only one.

I just read your explanation: Very well done!

I just have a suggestion for a small improvement: You should make it clear that "shelved shares" represent an amount of work the pool recognises you have done but have not yet paid, for it has never found enough block to pay for them. So "shelved shares" are, by themselves, worthless; they do not reprensent an amount of coins the pool "owes" to you. They will, however, be payed in a "best effort" basis, as soon the pool finds coins to cover them, if it ever does.

On the other hand, your account balance reprensents coins the pool "owes" to you; that it has found enough money to pay for. The whole "account balance" thing, and payout treshold, is not essential to the CPPSRB system; in fact, miners could always be payed for their rewarded shares immediately, every time a block is found. This would, however, result in HUGE generation transaction with thousands of outputs, most of which are ridiculously small amounts. Although valid by the bitcoin rules, this would be undesirable because a) Certain clients have a bug in their handling of transactions with too many outputs, and b) The miners wallets would be made of hundreds of small amount outputs; when they will be spent, all these outputs will need to be merged in a single big transaction that will cost a lot in transaction fees to the miner.

So Eligius' operators have found preferable to delay the payout of rewarded shares until a reasonable amount has been accumulated by a miner. However, while the payout is delayed; the pool HAS that money on hand, and so, if it were to ever close down, it should have enough money in it's offline wallet to cover every miners' balances. (And none of their shelved share) One can check the balance of the offline wallet address (18d3HV2bm94UyY4a9DrPfoZ17sXuiDQq2B) and quickly check that it has enough money to pay for the entire payout queue (http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/payoutqueue.php/), the remainder being the balance of all the miners who have not yet crossed their treshold.

wizkid057 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 04:48:45 PM

Keep in mind that the balance of 18d3HV2bm94UyY4a9DrPfoZ17sXuiDQq2B is not necessarily representative of the amount of funds Eligius does or does not have on hand.  A few factors impact this, some of which are: there are multiple offline wallets, normal random change addresses when sending manual payouts, shifting of funds between offline wallets, etc.

However, Eligius does indeed have the funds on hand at any given time to pay everyone's "As of last block" balance, which is the unpaid amount owed by Eligius to the miners.  The payout queue actually is calculated in near-realtime by the reward system, and coinbase payouts include estimates for the current block as well (which would not be able to be included in an Eligius-closure payout, obviously, since the block wasn't found).  A scheduled Eligius closure would likely have to occur on a block boundary, so no shares would be accepted after a block was found and balances updated.

The exact figures for all of this are derivable from the public APIs.

Just to note, Eligius is not closing and I have no intention of closing it... Smiley

jgu1394

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 11:44:35 PM

still waiting  Cry
crashoveride54902

Activity: 784
Merit: 504

Dream become broken often

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 01:13:22 AM

Keep in mind that the balance of 18d3HV2bm94UyY4a9DrPfoZ17sXuiDQq2B is not necessarily representative of the amount of funds Eligius does or does not have on hand.  A few factors impact this, some of which are: there are multiple offline wallets, normal random change addresses when sending manual payouts, shifting of funds between offline wallets, etc.

However, Eligius does indeed have the funds on hand at any given time to pay everyone's "As of last block" balance, which is the unpaid amount owed by Eligius to the miners.  The payout queue actually is calculated in near-realtime by the reward system, and coinbase payouts include estimates for the current block as well (which would not be able to be included in an Eligius-closure payout, obviously, since the block wasn't found).  A scheduled Eligius closure would likely have to occur on a block boundary, so no shares would be accepted after a block was found and balances updated.

The exact figures for all of this are derivable from the public APIs.

Just to note, Eligius is not closing and I have no intention of closing it... Smiley

good deal Smiley and i hope you never do have an intention of it Wink

Dreams of cyprto solving everything is slowly slipping away...Replaced by scams/hacks Sad
baddw

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 06:12:33 AM

Hashing @ 2.2 - 2.3 TH/s

I just read your explanation: Very well done!

I just have a suggestion for a small improvement: You should make it clear that "shelved shares" represent an amount of work the pool recognises you have done but have not yet paid, for it has never found enough block to pay for them. So "shelved shares" are, by themselves, worthless; they do not reprensent an amount of coins the pool "owes" to you. They will, however, be payed in a "best effort" basis, as soon the pool finds coins to cover them, if it ever does.

On the other hand, your account balance reprensents coins the pool "owes" to you; that it has found enough money to pay for. The whole "account balance" thing, and payout treshold, is not essential to the CPPSRB system; in fact, miners could always be payed for their rewarded shares immediately, every time a block is found. This would, however, result in HUGE generation transaction with thousands of outputs, most of which are ridiculously small amounts. Although valid by the bitcoin rules, this would be undesirable because a) Certain clients have a bug in their handling of transactions with too many outputs, and b) The miners wallets would be made of hundreds of small amount outputs; when they will be spent, all these outputs will need to be merged in a single big transaction that will cost a lot in transaction fees to the miner.

So Eligius' operators have found preferable to delay the payout of rewarded shares until a reasonable amount has been accumulated by a miner. However, while the payout is delayed; the pool HAS that money on hand, and so, if it were to ever close down, it should have enough money in it's offline wallet to cover every miners' balances. (And none of their shelved share) One can check the balance of the offline wallet address (18d3HV2bm94UyY4a9DrPfoZ17sXuiDQq2B) and quickly check that it has enough money to pay for the entire payout queue (http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/payoutqueue.php/), the remainder being the balance of all the miners who have not yet crossed their treshold.

Thanks un_ordinateur and wizkid for the information!  I will update the explanation post with this information when I get the chance.  Of course, most of the explanation is already cribbed from stuff that you two (and many others) have posted; my goal is simply to gather it all in the same place for easy reference.  "Owes" vs. "best effort" is an important distinction, and the fact that the payout queue/threshold is not essential to the system (which I had never considered before, although it makes perfect sense) will hopefully help illuminate and elucidate the pool's mechanisms for many people.

BTC/XCP 11596GYYq5WzVHoHTmYZg4RufxxzAGEGBX
DRK XvFhRFQwvBAmFkaii6Kafmu6oXrH4dSkVF
Eligius Payouts/CPPSRB Explained  I am not associated with Eligius in any way.  I just think that it is a good pool with a cool payment system Smiley
wizkid057 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 06:40:29 AM

524.98485241 BTC in manual payments applied to balances from tx 572105a45194e568f0607e68fe917d47e4089d0cbbfbcca6b96928e6cb2305fa

Payout queue cleared Smiley

jgu1394

Activity: 11

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:00:04 AM

524.98485241 BTC in manual payments applied to balances from tx 572105a45194e568f0607e68fe917d47e4089d0cbbfbcca6b96928e6cb2305fa

Great , thanks !  Smiley
DeeBo

Activity: 52

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 09:33:12 PM

Wow, very nice.  I can confirm that I got my payout from this transaction.  That alleviates all my concerns from my post last week about the growing payout queue.  I was considering hopping to another pool but now I'm glad I didn't.  Appreciate the fine work.  Will be sticking on Eligius for the forseeable future   Grin
georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 05:00:20 PM

I don't get it....

Why are there now so many smaller payments, like every 1-2 days...
And last month I had to wait on average 5-10 days until a large payment was made.

What is the reason for this? I am not complaining, just trying to understand.

So from now on we can expect faster payments?

Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 06:38:21 PM

I don't get it....

Why are there now so many smaller payments, like every 1-2 days...
And last month I had to wait on average 5-10 days until a large payment was made.

What is the reason for this? I am not complaining, just trying to understand.

So from now on we can expect faster payments?

Eligius goes in waves Cheesy

It seems all goes well for a while, then something gets borked in the frontend, payments pile up, Whizkid does a manual payout... wash, rinse, repeat. Just the character of the pool.
Pages: « 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 ... 280 »
  Print  

Jump to: