Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 09:12:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Innosilicon releases A9 Zmaster 50ksol/s Equihash miner at 620W  (Read 45440 times)
thedude400

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 12:17:16 PM

Ok for those curious on shipping. I initiated wire transfer last monday, payment confirmation from inno thursday, shipping info received friday, hit customs over weekend, DHL sent me a text asking me to Pay $35 customs fee, shipment set up for wednesday. You have to sign for it, or go on line and print a signature page to tape to your door if you're not going to be home.

So all in all 8 business days from order to receipt of 1st unit. Keep in mind there could be other issues depending on country, logistical errors, etc. YMMV

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
minefarmbuy

Activity: 1022
Merit: 221

We are not retail.

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2018, 01:43:17 PM

Ok for those curious on shipping. I initiated wire transfer last monday, payment confirmation from inno thursday, shipping info received friday, hit customs over weekend, DHL sent me a text asking me to Pay $35 customs fee, shipment set up for wednesday. You have to sign for it, or go on line and print a signature page to tape to your door if you're not going to be home.

So all in all 8 business days from order to receipt of 1st unit. Keep in mind there could be other issues depending on country, logistical errors, etc. YMMV

Watch their market rate on coin. It seems to under value BTC and LTC quite a bit when ordering. It's getting better but we were seeing close to $200 differences or more for awhile.

Premier asic sourcing minefarmbuy.com #mineon
Twitter:@minefarmbuy -LN Tips-
Email: info@minefarmbuy.com PGP:1A1C A4D4 CE04 F57E 1C0C 5240 592A 09BF CCB4 F0C3
ncBB

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

profittrailer.cn

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 01:44:19 PM

Watch their market rate on coin. It seems to under value BTC and LTC quite a bit when ordering. It's getting better but we were seeing close to $200 differences or more for awhile.

how long to breakeven?

thedude400

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 02:57:04 PM

how long to breakeven?

That's a loaded question. Market is shit right now and equihash miners are starting to flood mining difficulty. However, this is arguably the most profitable/efficient reputable asic miner out there right now.

Update. Package coming today, so it was 5-6 business days from initiation of wire transfer. However YMMV
MZ4

Activity: 118
Merit: 86

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 03:14:30 PM

So far everything was fine on nicehash. Now I get a lot of drops of hashrate. So far it was really stable though. Can anyone confirm these drops / dips of hashrate?

Regards

On the same boat my friend. 2 days with a very bumpy ride. Every hours disconnect back to 0 and then again to 40ksol. I think they were under DOS attack. I switched pool and mined directly coins.
Btw what does your nickname mean?
hempkat

Activity: 45

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 05:02:51 PM

So far everything was fine on nicehash. Now I get a lot of drops of hashrate. So far it was really stable though. Can anyone confirm these drops / dips of hashrate?

Regards

Hi will you please share the exact process of what you did to connect the miner to NiceHash?
Andartis

Activity: 306
Merit: 7

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 07:49:28 PM

Regards

On the same boat my friend. 2 days with a very bumpy ride. Every hours disconnect back to 0 and then again to 40ksol. I think they were under DOS attack. I switched pool and mined directly coins.
It seems to be fine now. I also think it was the DDOS.

Regards

Hi will you please share the exact process of what you did to connect the miner to NiceHash?
Just put in the Nicehash stratum and your Nicehash wallet. No magic needed for this one...

Activity: 207
Merit: 112

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 08:03:32 PM

Am curious to know if anyone has tried tuning to "Factory" or or "Performance" yet.
Any experiences with Auto tuning?

Running 15% fans out of the box, have some thermal overhead to play with.
vulcanworks

Activity: 9

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 08:31:31 PM

Awesome miner reports properly if you are running latest firmware and latest version of awesome miner.
Hmm, odd, I'm running the latest firmware (at least the one that reports back as the 6th of July, even though the file says the 20th)

Interestingly if I interrogate the API file that Awesome Miner is receiving the Hashrates are correct in the file, but are not right in the display.
hempkat

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 08:32:33 PM

Regards

It seems to be fine now. I also think it was the DDOS.

Regards

Just put in the Nicehash stratum and your Nicehash wallet. No magic needed for this one...

Thanks but what are the exact stratum settings you used?

Because stratum+tcp://equihash.eu.nicehash.com:3357 does not work for me.
Daredude32

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 04:08:01 AM

maybe somebody compared what is the optimal fan speed to keep temperature on 52-53C? I'm now running at 35%, maybe is too high?

Hello good day, I got my A9, zmaster couple of days ago, my fan speed runs 10 to 20,but machine temperature goes 68,73,69,once it reach 75,hashrate stops and machine keeps running, machine gets very hot, can't touch even, unable go inside the machine ip, could please give me a support, and want to know how to increase fan speed manually,
minefarmbuy

Activity: 1022
Merit: 221

We are not retail.

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2018, 06:08:17 AM

maybe somebody compared what is the optimal fan speed to keep temperature on 52-53C? I'm now running at 35%, maybe is too high?

Hello good day, I got my A9, zmaster couple of days ago, my fan speed runs 10 to 20,but machine temperature goes 68,73,69,once it reach 75,hashrate stops and machine keeps running, machine gets very hot, can't touch even, unable go inside the machine ip, could please give me a support, and want to know how to increase fan speed manually,

Simplest way is 3 pin the fan to default 100%. Never got a A9 from Inno so hope someone here is able to give better advice.

Premier asic sourcing minefarmbuy.com #mineon
Twitter:@minefarmbuy -LN Tips-
Email: info@minefarmbuy.com PGP:1A1C A4D4 CE04 F57E 1C0C 5240 592A 09BF CCB4 F0C3
Solsichu

Activity: 37
Merit: 5

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 07:52:36 AM

Code:

#!/bin/bash

MinerIP=192.168.1.126
RetryCount=15
RetrySleep=20
loopcount=1
Shutdown=40

while [ $loopcount -le $RetryCount ]
do
        echo ""
        echo "Attempt #$loopcount:  cgminer API connection."
        echo ""
        cgminer-api version $MinerIP
        res=$?
        if test "$res" = 0; then
                echo ""
                echo "Success! cgminer-api @ $MinerIP has returned a valid connection signal"
                break
        else
                echo "cgminer-api @ $MinerIP connection Failed"
                if test "$loopcount" = "$RetryCount"; then
                        echo ""
                        echo "Reached Retry Count. Shutting Down Miner"
                        echo ""
                        curl --request POST "https://use1-wap.tplinkcloud.com/?token=YOUR_TPLINK_KASSA_TOKEN HTTP/1.1" --data '{"method":"passthrough", "params": {"deviceId": YOUR_DEVICE_ID, "requestData": "{\"system\":{\"set_relay_state\":{\"state\":0}}}" }}' --header "Content-Type: application/json"
                        echo ""
                        echo ""
                        echo "Inno $MinerIP ShutDown Signal Sent"
                        echo "Discharging for $Shutdown Seconds"
                        sleep $Shutdown
                        echo ""
                        curl --request POST "https://use1-wap.tplinkcloud.com/?token=YOUR_TPLINK_KASSA_TOKEN HTTP/1.1" --data '{"method":"passthrough", "params": {"deviceId": YOUR_DEVICE_ID, "requestData": "{\"system\":{\"set_relay_state\":{\"state\":1}}}" }}' --header "Content-Type: application/json"
                        echo ""
                        echo ""
                        echo "Inno $MinerIP Startup Signal Sent"
                        echo ""

fi
        fi
        sleep $RetrySleep

let "loopcount++"
done

I got sick of the Miner crashing so I hodge-podged together a solution. Its a script that calls cgminer-api from one miner to the other, checking each other if they can receive data from cgminer and call a shutdown, pause and powerup to the TP-Link smart plugs (Pretty cheap! https://www.amazon.com/Kasa-Smart-Wi-Fi-TP-Link-2-Pack/dp/B01KBFWW0O) if no signal is received after multiple attempts.

I noticed when my A9's crash I loose the web interface. Still shows the pages but no data. I think my browser was just caching but I forget to verify that. I tried to view the log and login to SSH. Both didnt work. So in the off chance this call cgminer-api check method doesnt pan out, I'll just do something with SSH failing as a test point, or get actually hashrate from the API.

I could use some help if there are any linux pros here. Anyone know how to schedule a script to periodically run? There is no cron. Maybe i could install it? The A9 Linux seems to be setup to use Systemctl and Systemd as taskmanager/process controller. I tried to create a File.timer file but it wouldnt let me write the file to /etc/systemd/system/and Its too late to be wrapping my head around linux permission issues. I think it would be cool to have these checking up on each other and reasonable immediately power cycling. I could also rust run a script from windows if I could get Curl to take the syntax like the linux version does. Right now Im calling the scripts from Putty plink with a Windows Task scheduled every 10min. Ugly but it works.

On a related note, does anyone know how to set vm.min_free_kbytes permanently? I can just set it with my script but I am interested to know how to properly tweak it to survive a reboot. Its just a guess on what may help these A9's from crashing. I also put back -lowmem in cgminer.conf to see if that helps.

BTC: 1BZDgWfFLZ5ZSvhWB7UtUwgF5cp89mrCVv
ETH: 0xC15453FfCDF0A8313a6B7C6ab4f7c9D6e1e2A307
hempkat

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 09:42:22 AM

Code:

#!/bin/bash

MinerIP=192.168.1.126
RetryCount=15
RetrySleep=20
loopcount=1
Shutdown=40

do
        echo ""
        echo ""
        res=$?
        if test "$res" = 0; then
                echo ""
                break
        else
                        echo ""
                        echo ""
                        curl --request POST "https://use1-wap.tplinkcloud.com/?token=YOUR_TPLINK_KASSA_TOKEN HTTP/1.1" --data '{"method":"passthrough", "params": {"deviceId": YOUR_DEVICE_ID, "requestData": "{\"system\":{\"set_relay_state\":{\"state\":0}}}" }}' --header "Content-Type: application/json"
                        echo ""
                        echo ""
                        sleep $Shutdown
                        echo ""
                        curl --request POST "https://use1-wap.tplinkcloud.com/?token=YOUR_TPLINK_KASSA_TOKEN HTTP/1.1" --data '{"method":"passthrough", "params": {"deviceId": YOUR_DEVICE_ID, "requestData": "{\"system\":{\"set_relay_state\":{\"state\":1}}}" }}' --header "Content-Type: application/json"
                        echo ""
                        echo ""
                        echo ""

fi
        fi
        sleep $RetrySleep

let "loopcount++"
done

I got sick of the Miner crashing so I hodge-podged together a solution. Its a script that calls cgminer-api from one miner to the other, checking each other if they can receive data from cgminer and call a shutdown, pause and powerup to the TP-Link smart plugs (Pretty cheap! https://www.amazon.com/Kasa-Smart-Wi-Fi-TP-Link-2-Pack/dp/B01KBFWW0O) if no signal is received after multiple attempts.

I noticed when my A9's crash I loose the web interface. Still shows the pages but no data. I think my browser was just caching but I forget to verify that. I tried to view the log and login to SSH. Both didnt work. So in the off chance this call cgminer-api check method doesnt pan out, I'll just do something with SSH failing as a test point, or get actually hashrate from the API.

I could use some help if there are any linux pros here. Anyone know how to schedule a script to periodically run? There is no cron. Maybe i could install it? The A9 Linux seems to be setup to use Systemctl and Systemd as taskmanager/process controller. I tried to create a File.timer file but it wouldnt let me write the file to /etc/systemd/system/and Its too late to be wrapping my head around linux permission issues. I think it would be cool to have these checking up on each other and reasonable immediately power cycling. I could also rust run a script from windows if I could get Curl to take the syntax like the linux version does. Right now Im calling the scripts from Putty plink with a Windows Task scheduled every 10min. Ugly but it works.

On a related note, does anyone know how to set vm.min_free_kbytes permanently? I can just set it with my script but I am interested to know how to properly tweak it to survive a reboot. Its just a guess on what may help these A9's from crashing. I also put back -lowmem in cgminer.conf to see if that helps.

Hey thanks for this.

Do I understand you correctly that you wrote this script because your miners kept going offline?

I have had the same problem before and am currently fighting it with wifi plugs. But those are obviously not an automated solution if I am asleep for example or not checking.
thedude400

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 01:06:11 PM

Got unit fired up yesterday. I'm hashing on Slushpool above 50kh/s. Got the slushpool app on my phone while at work, for some reason it's only estimating me at 0.25 zcash per day. And yet according to coinwarz the zcash difficulty is down to 10M, what gives? It seems I should be at least 0.35 zec daily

sweeperAA

Activity: 55

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 01:15:41 PM

Code:

#!/bin/bash

MinerIP=192.168.1.126
RetryCount=15
RetrySleep=20
loopcount=1
Shutdown=40

do
        echo ""
        echo ""
        res=$?
        if test "$res" = 0; then
                echo ""
                break
        else
                        echo ""
                        echo ""
                        echo ""
                        echo ""
                        sleep $Shutdown
                        echo ""
                        echo ""
                        echo ""
                        echo ""

fi
        fi
        sleep $RetrySleep

let "loopcount++"
done

To get around not being able to write a file, you have to remount the filesystem as read/write: "mount / -o rw,remount"
wastetimer1

Activity: 39

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 01:43:42 PM

the price was basically done with the bit mania batch and large companies can get them.
Solsichu

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 02:01:34 PM
Last edit: August 07, 2018, 02:24:58 PM by Solsichu

Hey thanks for this.

Do I understand you correctly that you wrote this script because your miners kept going offline?

I have had the same problem before and am currently fighting it with wifi plugs. But those are obviously not an automated solution if I am asleep for example or not checking.

What kind of Wifi plugs do you have? This script is to automatically cycle My TPLink Wifi Plugs when the miners go offliner. I could tweak it for you if your plugs are easy to work with like tplink.

Some info.. the script is basically:
-Talk to cgminer
-If it answers back - done for now
if it answers with any kind of Error or fails. wait, try again, wait try again...*configurable
Retry the Configurable amount of times
Power off plug to miner
wait 40 seconds *configureble
Power on plug to miner
Done
Check miner again in 10 minutes.

Probably will end up tightening these timings. Currently have it taking 5 minutes to decide to powercycle miner, when 30 seconds is probably enough.

I'm pretty sure talking to cgminer will be a good frozen checker but I'll adjust if need be. I know SSH stops working when my miners hang, so that will work if this doesn't.

Solsichu

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 02:10:19 PM

To get around not being able to write a file, you have to remount the filesystem as read/write: "mount / -o rw,remount"

I did once already. /config/ is fully writeable. how encompassing is that command?

Andartis

Activity: 306
Merit: 7

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 08:36:12 PM

Thanks but what are the exact stratum settings you used?

Because stratum+tcp://equihash.eu.nicehash.com:3357 does not work for me.
stratum+tcp://equihash.eu.nicehash.com:3357 is what I used. Nicehash wallet as username and "x" as password.

What's happening to your devices that you have to power them off/on?

The only thing that happens to mine is an out of memory exception but the miner process restarts automatically.
No further issues so far. Latest firmware installed.
Same here. So far they restarted without problems by themselves.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: