Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:42:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 ... 260 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KARM] Karmacoin - New Initiatives - Helping People Do Good  (Read 352315 times)
CharityMiningPools

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 02:18:16 PM

CharityMiningPools - Donate to Charity while you Mine!

karm.charityminingpools.com

PROMOTION
Signup and start mining KARM today at CharityMiningPools and receive 0% pool fees for the life of your KARM account.

*   PM me here at BitcoinTalk to inform me that you have signed up for the promotion with your username
** Must mine on the site for a minimum 3 hours to qualify

Be a pioneer and help us get started, come mine while making a difference.  

Mandatory 0.5% donation fee goes to the BitGive Foundation this month.  We welcome and encourage you to donate more to a good cause.

STRATUM, VARDIFF, Datacenter Redundant Server Farm, Load Balanced Servers, Frequent Backups
0.5% Mandatory Donation fee to a Good Cause

Who Are We?
CharityMiningPools was created to allow miners the ability to mine coins while still knowing that their hashing power is going towards something good.  Our goal is to provide a positive and reliable service while delivering a small portion of the proceeds to a deserving recipient.  Plans are in the works to allow individual miners to choose where they would like to donate to based on a pool of available recipients.

How Does This Work?
All coins minded at CharityMiningPools will require a mandatory 0.5% Donation fee.  This donation fee will be collected and donated to the designated charitable recipient for that given month.  Though we only require a minimum 0.5% Donation fee, we welcome and encourage our miners to raise the stakes and donate more to a good cause.

Cheers!
CharityMiningPools

CharityMiningPools.com - Donate to Charity While you Mine!
BTC: 1AytEqfVYAywzM1BAKdjZWyjdiok8LgGeS     LTC: LWVPLBniwxBbEizjbe2Ab98Vubq18QGTBt
DOGE: DK4VKsA8kdVbZ2dc2CjNCsEPiPa8a2SF6B     NOTE: DrADbGTxvp4jbDFVgnwTiqk5vbAvqq2xi9

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
trcwhale

Activity: 84
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 02:19:37 PM

Changed the bevel on the edge...

Love it!
btcforthefuture

Activity: 158

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 02:37:17 PM

These dumps at 3 make no sense. Who sells at 3 satoshi while there are hardly any sell orders at 4 satoshi and so much buy orders at 3.

someone who needs to pay their power bill maybe?

Maybe, but still if they waited 1 hour until now they could've sold at 4 satoshi already
brightlight
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 02:59:48 PM

Do you believe that Karmacoin will go somewhere? The market stale at roughly 4 sats. I'm loosing my faith. But I see a lot activities and smth unexplainable pleasant in this coin. It is more than traders instrument, it should be good things doing instrument.
You people crack me up. Losing faith in a coin that is not even a month old is like losing faith in a baby because you don't think it will grow up to be a doctor. This isn't a get rich quick scam, anything in this world takes time to develop,market and mature. If you cant wait and remain positive, then maybe you should find a better coin that better suits your investment personality. It is a gift that this coin has not blown up over night, it is giving you the chance to stack up a few piles before it shoots up in value and diff making it that much harder to mine/ buy by the truck load. Like the saying goes "good things come to those who wait and if you can' t stand the heat get the hell out of the kitchen".

I am not moving from. This coin I like more than DOGE, with which I started my first steps in crypto universe.

david4r4

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 03:10:22 PM

i have a problem with my wallet...
http://up404.siz.co.il/up3/5jzney1mn0im.png
someone knows why?
it is the latest version of wallet.
it is also stuck at block 29001
MuffinMaster

Activity: 1414
Merit: 265

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 03:19:02 PM

someone knows why?

update it

david4r4

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 03:22:00 PM

http://up404.siz.co.il/up3/5jzney1mn0im.png
someone knows why?

update it

it is updated
Alphi

Activity: 798

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 03:40:36 PM

someone knows why?

I had the same problem when my blockchain got corrupted.. you can safely delete the blocks and chain state directories and re-download the blockchain.
its only 105MB at the moment.

in windows your Karma files are located here by default..

C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\Karmacoin

make sure you backup your wallet.dat and whatever you do, do not delete wallet.dat.. (all your keys are in there!)

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
MsD

Activity: 12

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 03:52:23 PM

"If anyone has done Religious Studies at University or perhaps even studdied Buddhism or Hinduism you will know about Dharma and Karma..."

And how many of the crypto users and investors have studied that?

"Anyone who doesn't 'approve' of said religious connotations will stop at the name KARMA coin - they won't give a shit about the logo, their mind will be made up already. These people are few and far between and we need not pay them any mind. "

This isn't freaking Pope coin.. a lot of atheist believe in karma..and/or make reference to them.  The point of the design is to not spook any potential investors/users of this coin and take a middle ground.  If the name karma is already so religious, why would u add even more religious elements to it?  This isn't a coin for just the people that studies religions.

"Remember folks, 25% of the worlds population is either Hindu or Buddhist"

And how many of those people are interested in crypto?

"If anyone has done Religious Studies at University or perhaps even studdied Buddhism or Hinduism you will know about Dharma and Karma - it makes perfect sense to have the dharma wheel on the logo for a coin called KARMA"

We're not trying to do some hardcore rocket science research on the basis of a name..we're trying to appeal to as many people as possible.  It's not about what you like..or what is politically and factually correct.  Seeing anything religious like a dharma wheel will be a turn off for lots of people.  It reminds me of those jehova witnesses ppl knocking on my door..and bothering me when I'm trying to take the metro somewhere.  That's an immediate turn off.

A cute looking elephant is not bad of an idea.  It gives potential users a feeling of friendliness..and the fact that there's a friendly community that is intent on helping others.  Emotional appeal is important when you are trying to market a product to people.  People said Doge was garbage.. but guess what?  It's a funny coin..and people like it because it doesn't take itself seriously.  People felt connected to Doge..the fun coin of the crypto world..and look at it now.. it's huge.  The last thing we need to do is to put a religious symbol on the coin and turn off every potential user.

I have studied the  meaning of karma and dharma on my own, not at a university. I won't go into dharma here because it is irrelevant to this coin. In my view, the world karma is not strictly religious and it has multiple meanings depending on who is using it. It is also evolving in time as the time itself is evolving, and it is simple! Here is what Deepak Chopra says about the meaning of karma. I chose his definition because he puts is so clearly, and because he is one of the greatest spiritual/life philosophers of  this century belonging to multiple cultures and always considering science in his work. I can't think of a better source to define the meaning of karma. 

Deepak Chopra: "What is Karma? Karma simply means action. Every action has consequences. Karma creates the future, but it is also an echo from the past, conditions our soul through memory, desire and imagination."

And here is what urban dictionary says, for kicks: "The Buddhist belief that whatever you do comes back to you, e.g. if you do something good, something good will happen to you, and vice versa."
I disagree with this definition, because it limits the meaning to Buddhist. Does this sound strictly Buddhist: What goes around comes around? I don't think so. I am sure Justin Timberlake doesn't thinks so. Smiley

My love to this coin. Thank you guys for working on it.

...Now, to review the logos.
Alphi

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 04:08:44 PM

Deepak Chopra: "What is Karma? Karma simply means action. Every action has consequences. Karma creates the future, but it is also an echo from the past, conditions our soul through memory, desire and imagination."

And here is what urban dictionary says, for kicks: "The Buddhist belief that whatever you do comes back to you, e.g. if you do something good, something good will happen to you, and vice versa."
I disagree with this definition, because it limits the meaning to Buddhist. Does this sound strictly Buddhist: What goes around comes around? I don't think so. I am sure Justin Timberlake doesn't thinks so. Smiley

I agree  the word "Karma" is no more religious than words like Compassion, Kindness, Charity, Good

The Dalai lama pretty much explained Karma in a similar way as Deepak Chopra and Buddhism is either a Philosophy or a religion depending on how you look at it (just like KarmaCoin is either a currency or a payment system depending on how you look at it, how ironic..)

most people who grew up in the 60s knew about Karma, so were the hippies back then all religion freaks? of course not......

Karma is just the sanskrit word for the concept of "Cause and Effect" which is a scientific term.
If you back far enough and its not even an Indian concept originally, it (Sanskrit concept of Karma) predates Jesus, Buddha, Mohammad and most of what we now know today as Hinduism

the irony is of course that the word GOOD is cognate with GOD.

so by saying the Karma Coin motto of  "Doing GOOD is GOOD" you are actually being more religious than the guy who says "that's Karma dude!"

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
MrJesusChrist

Activity: 251
Merit: 250

Bitties

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 04:10:48 PM

Another one with the Dharma wheel...

+1   this is my favorite so far Smiley

+1 here too!  Very nice looking good!!!

+ 1 here too this one is another good option...

PS please put your KARMA donation address in your signature so people can donate for your efforts...

My KARMA donation address is in my sig, but here it is again Smiley KJjM7sMu9NgW5JoWMqxpypuymPhGjjmiZU

My favorit

I like this one the best as well.
MsD

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 04:14:15 PM

Here's the dharma symbol...

http://i62.tinypic.com/2kg0om.jpg

A gentle fyi, this is not dharma symbol. It was used by The DHARMA (Department of Heuristics And Research on Material Applications) Initiative, which was "a scientific research project that had a large presence on the Island between the 1970s and the early 1990s. The project is represented by variations of an octagonal logo, a variation of the Ba Gua, which comes from Taoist mysticism, that appear on most of its products and facilities."
david4r4

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 04:18:26 PM

someone knows why?

I had the same problem when my blockchain got corrupted.. you can safely delete the blocks and chain state directories and re-download the blockchain.

make sure you backup your wallet.dat and whatever you do, do not delete wallet.dat.. (all your keys are in there!)

how can i backup my wallet.dat?
and from where i download the blockchain?
david4r4

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 04:20:19 PM

http://i61.tinypic.com/69hrb8.jpg

PS please put your KARMA donation address in your signature so people can donate for your efforts...

My KARMA donation address is in my sig, but here it is again Smiley KJjM7sMu9NgW5JoWMqxpypuymPhGjjmiZU

My favorit

I like this one the best as well.
this one id the best
Snotty

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 04:23:13 PM

IMHO it look like logo for infants. I thought after first look it is some seal.

This version?

lol, i guess it's all about perspective. I just thought karma could use a more playful appearance since the idea behind the coin is to do good. I didn't think the current logo conveyed that idea, and a generic letter 'K' would probably have felt too corporate and overdone at this point.

I actually really like this one, despite the fact that it is a bit too cartoony and feminine (no offense, girls). That and colors should be easily fixable. I like it because it looks really nice, has few enought details to be recognisable in small icon (many other suggestions fails in this case), I like how it breaks out boring circle a bit too. It could be tweaked to be a really nice logo.
Alphi

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 04:23:21 PM

someone knows why?

how can i backup my wallet.dat?
and from where i download the blockchain?

just make a copy of it ... and keep it somewhere safe (make sure you encrypt it first though using encrypt wallet in the KarmaCoin Client)

the client (Karmacoin-QT) will download the blockchain automatically when you start it up again...

MsD

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 04:27:18 PM

http://i61.tinypic.com/69hrb8.jpg

I really like the meaning of Dharma and I give my best to live by it every day. Smiley I don't understand why we are using Dharma symbols for Karma coing. Dharma != Karma. Smiley Trust me! Wink
MuffinMaster

Activity: 1414
Merit: 265

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 04:28:11 PM

Hello Everyone,

If you have ideas or submissions for the  new coin design, please submit it to this thread:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Karmacoin/comments/1z3fxo/new_karmacoin_logo_contest_thread/

votes will be hidden until the closing date which has not yet been decided.

1 picture per reply !

MsD

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 04:40:26 PM

Another variation, what do you think about the ying/yang?

http://i59.tinypic.com/30kbksi.jpg

I think that one is the best one yet. Looks professional and like something i would not be embarrassed to show in a presentation to real investors.   

Good Job

-1 for Yin-Yang. Sorry. :\ Even if it looks good. Yin-Yang != Karma. For a person that even somewhat knows meanings of these words, it is like mismatching flags and names of countries. I do appreciate the effort. 
MsD

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 04:54:19 PM

I agree  the word "Karma" is no more religious than words like Compassion, Kindness, Charity, Good

The Dalai lama pretty much explained Karma in a similar way as Deepak Chopra and Buddhism is either a Philosophy or a religion depending on how you look at it (just like KarmaCoin is either a currency or a payment system depending on how you look at it, how ironic..)

most people who grew up in the 60s knew about Karma, so were the hippies back then all religion freaks? of course not......

Karma is just the sanskrit word for the concept of "Cause and Effect" which is a scientific term.
If you back far enough and its not even an Indian concept originally, it (Sanskrit concept of Karma) predates Jesus, Buddha, Mohammad and most of what we now know today as Hinduism

the irony is of course that the word GOOD is cognate with GOD.

so by saying the Karma Coin motto of  "Doing GOOD is GOOD" you are actually being more religious than the guy who says "that's Karma dude!"

Beautiful points. Thank you. I didn't catch the parallel between a currency or a payment system and karma. Haha Smiley Love it.

Did you mean *not* more religious, or as it is: "Doing GOOD is GOOD" you are actually being more religious than the guy who says "that's Karma dude!" 

Pages: « 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 ... 260 »
  Print  

Jump to: