Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:46:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 [150] 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 ... 260 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KARM] Karmacoin - New Initiatives - Helping People Do Good  (Read 352315 times)
jtpeters

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 03:58:07 AM

does anyone else find the new website difficult to navigate?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jtpeters

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 03:59:10 AM

actually one of the main reason coins are fallign down is because btc is back to $700!!!

BTC is up in value. a lot of people retract their buy order and see if their btc will turn into 1 million. then after a few days , seeing that btc is stable will start investing in alto coins

Well, CoinMarket.io should be back up today from what their tweets have said.  Hopefully this is the last time we see 1 Satoshi. 

They will likely never return. People have been saying it for weeks. (And I have been saying they will not be back up for 2 weeks)
jtpeters

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 04:03:28 AM

Firstly I don't see or feel any attachment of karma with an elephant!
I know its hindu buddhist crap, but if you Wikipedia the word karma, the pic should be a lotus flower or endless knot sort of thing.
Also the motto doing good is good, isn't karma. Its more like what goes around comes around or doing good things returns good things, or the law of cause and effect, etc.
You need to get this shit worked out!

"hindu buddhist crap".. no need to get offensive. Surely we can come up with a good design.
jtpeters

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 04:05:05 AM

Simple update on reddit with both pachyderms in header.
We can come back to the debate on Logos.....
Need volunteers to commit to initiatives.  We need to spread the strategy for this coin far and wide.

The person deciding on this needs to 1) ignore people without experience in design and marketing (unfortunately); 2) listen to people with experience in branding and marketing.
CatKiwi

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 04:10:30 AM

This coin is done. Fighting within the community, major disagreements over the direction of the coin, major disagreements over the logo of the coin (that it is still an elephant even after all the rationale for the dharma wheel or lotus leaf is a major issue with me and why I dumped my 180 million earlier), no real prospects for the future that are actually attainable.

Face it lads, it has failed. No coin ever gets back up from 1 Satoshi without a MAJOR artificial pump from a scammer like Wolong. Mining is so easy right now it will always be dumped if it even hints at a rise. Nevermind, it was fun while it lasted - sorta.

jtpeters

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 04:11:10 AM

I've done branding for Unilever, Proctor & Gamble, and some of the biggest names in consumer products, have done PR for the biggest biotech firm, and this is the only logo I've seen that can take us above 20 satoshi (the top one, not the bottom one):

https://i.imgur.com/RLwHMIf.jpg

It isn't the best, but the only brandable one I've come across. It's simple, bright, cheery, and embodies the concept of what I think we're wanting to do.

The problem now is that we're wasting time deciding upon something that is quite easy.

1) design something

2) test it with your market

3) re-vamp design(s) based on comments of your TARGET MARKET

4) roll out new branding

We stop at #2, thinking that we don't need it. But where would any entity be without market research?
jtpeters

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 04:16:42 AM
Last edit: March 04, 2014, 04:26:44 AM by jtpeters

This coin is done. Fighting within the community, major disagreements over the direction of the coin, major disagreements over the logo of the coin (that it is still an elephant even after all the rationale for the dharma wheel or lotus leaf is a major issue with me and why I dumped my 180 million earlier), no real prospects for the future that are actually attainable.

Face it lads, it has failed. No coin ever gets back up from 1 Satoshi without a MAJOR artificial pump from a scammer like Wolong. Mining is so easy right now it will always be dumped if it even hints at a rise. Nevermind, it was fun while it lasted - sorta.

Well, I've bought over 1 billion karma in the past few days and I assure you, this coin is definitely going somewhere. I probably bought all your Karma.

Take a look at the early Dogecoin threads. You'll see the same thing, except there was more community involvement because they found a way to have fun. We're still looking for ours.

Don't be fooled by the market price. That's a reflection of dumping.

Halving will be in 7 days or so. You will be eating your words in less than 2 months when we've surpassed 200 satoshi.

Anyone that knows about markets knows that there are only a few good altcoins to invest in. KARM is one of them. Buffett would surely buy it.

As for your "No coin ever gets back up from 1 Satoshi" statement, I don't know if that's true or not. But what I do know is that the number of altcoins has exploded in the past 2 months. And it's a young market. That means there will be "no coin has ever"-type statements every few days. Heck, take a look at what Auroracoin did yesterday (50% premine, yada yada).
bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 05:31:12 AM

Well, I've bought over 1 billion karma in the past few days and I assure you, this coin is definitely going somewhere. I probably bought all your Karma.

Take a look at the early Dogecoin threads. You'll see the same thing, except there was more community involvement because they found a way to have fun. We're still looking for ours.

Halving will be in 7 days or so. You will be eating your words in less than 2 months when we've surpassed 200 satoshi.

Anyone that knows about markets knows that there are only a few good altcoins to invest in. KARM is one of them. Buffett would surely buy it.

As for your "No coin ever gets back up from 1 Satoshi" statement, I don't know if that's true or not. But what I do know is that the number of altcoins has exploded in the past 2 months. And it's a young market. That means there will be "no coin has ever"-type statements every few days. Heck, take a look at what Auroracoin did yesterday (50% premine, yada yada).

Holy monkeys. if that is true. and you have over 1 bill. you should do giveaways man. i had 50 mills and doing 4 : )
Invisible Hands

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 06:02:27 AM

The entire market is down.  The frickin logo doesn't have a damn thing to do with it.  Moon came back from 1 satoshi in grand fashion and now it has settled at 3 satoshi.  No offense to the dev but putting the logo into the hands of the community was a bad idea.  The logo was fine.  If you give people too many choices bad things happen.  We should drop this logo nonsense and go with the original.  Switching to fixed rewards was a great idea.  This coin will weather the storm just breathe deeply and stay calm.
Snotty

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 06:05:38 AM

I know its hindu buddhist crap, but if you Wikipedia the word karma, the pic should be a lotus flower or endless knot sort of thing.
Also the motto doing good is good, isn't karma. Its more like what goes around comes around or doing good things returns good things, or the law of cause and effect, etc.

Good point.  I see the elephant more like a currency symbol than having some deep meaning that only Monks in Tibet could decipher.
I am not attached.  Suggestions?

We need something simple.  Lets face it..not a lot of people will have time to get the elephant, dharma wheel, or lotus flower references.  A few people here have been saying "If you google this.." or "If you studied..." ..etcetc.  An investor or potential user DO NOT GIVE A F\_/CK about learning the deep meaning of the logo.  They only care about whether the coin has potential to become more mainstream/useful/attract more users/money.

The cute cartoony elephant was pretty cool.  Look at Doge and copy the fuck out of it. 

It really had a lot of potential to be a great logo.

which one?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=447657.msg5408536#msg5408536
Invisible Hands

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 06:11:35 AM

Good point.  I see the elephant more like a currency symbol than having some deep meaning that only Monks in Tibet could decipher.
I am not attached.  Suggestions?

We need something simple.  Lets face it..not a lot of people will have time to get the elephant, dharma wheel, or lotus flower references.  A few people here have been saying "If you google this.." or "If you studied..." ..etcetc.  An investor or potential user DO NOT GIVE A F\_/CK about learning the deep meaning of the logo.  They only care about whether the coin has potential to become more mainstream/useful/attract more users/money.

The cute cartoony elephant was pretty cool.  Look at Doge and copy the fuck out of it. 

which one?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=447657.msg5408536#msg5408536

I just want to say that is a terrible logo, go with the original.  The dev needs to step in here and be a leader.
One Six

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 06:16:33 AM
Last edit: March 04, 2014, 06:48:57 AM by One Six

Back in Nov, NXT was selling at 4 satoshi per million. There was a small group of early adopters who bought the 100% pre-mined NXT. 3 months forward now, 1 M = ~ 75 BTC. They did an excellent job with co-ordination,  marketing and development in spite of 100% pre-mining. Karma at the moment @ 2 satoshi is very good opportunity to buy. We may never see this price again. With a very good coin name and Dev ready to work with community, Karma is a real gem at this price. I also see few smart people who stacked up > 0.5 B, >1 B coins.  

It would be nice if community decides on logo by end of this week as it has been taking most of the time and discussion in the thread.  Maybe poll?

Karma website is good, but needs better pictures and improved content. I am willing to donate for tasks set by community.

Alphi

Activity: 798

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 06:27:54 AM

wise man say "people who always look at the price  often fail to see the value".

I don't see fighting, all I see is a bunch of newcommers who have little understanding of decentralised open source projects and crypto currencies claiming how an altcoin should be this or that...

here are some points I'd like you all to consider.

1) in the long run the logo is not so important.. since this is an open source project, not a company, so ANYONE can change the logo at any time and whichever logo is most appealing will be adopted by the community.. Just take a look at the history of Bitcoin, Litecoin,PrimeCoin, NovaCoin, DogeCoin, AuroraCoin, for examples of really simplistic and sometimes unappealing designs.. some of which have evolved over time to look more appealing. ALL Crypto currencies are an experiment and work in progress.. this one is no different.

2) the market is heavily manipulated.. I noticed this the other day when I put my buy order in for 3 satoshi got some coins and then instantly someone put a small order after me to sell at 2.... someone is deliberately trying to keep the price low to cause more panic among weak hands. another example of this is that people have now begun openly bashing the project. keep in mind that NOBODY goes onto threads and starts openly bashing coins for no reason at all everyone has their reasons... and for most people when money is involved they do it so that they can buy in at a lower price. I might add that this kind of FUD spreading to manipulate markets is both immoral and illegal (it is called bear raiding) and I'm sure Karma will catch up with those people eventually.

3) the market as a whole is in a down trend. whatever people may say about the community or branding of KarmaCoin, nothing is hurting the price right now, as much as the general market down trend.

4) utility drives the value of a crypto currency a lot more than branding... AURORA coin is a good example of this. if the coin gets adopted as the default  currency of iceland (a very very small country) then its value will go through the roof... just look at MAZA coin as another example of poor marketing but massive potential for utility. forget the logos for a second and focus on the concept... Karma as a concept and altruism (being good and generous) as a way of life are very very appealing to large sections of the community.. it is concepts like these that have the potential to bridge the Gender and Age gaps which separate crypto-enthusiasts from the wider community...for example when was the last time you saw a senior citizen, a woman or a child publicly advocating for any crypto-currency? they are out there but there are very few of them and this is a BIG hurdle for any crypto-currency to cross in order to gain community wide acceptance.

so in short.. I have a question for those people who keep claiming that KarmaCoin should be run like a company, when was the last time you saw a company become successful after only 1 month of operation?

and for those people who realise that this is a community and open source project I would invite you to look at the history of bitcoin itself or even linux to see how a little known, obscure and poorly branded open source project could end up taking over the world.

as a side note.. most people who still believe that Linux is a niche operating system, do not even realise that it is the backbone of more than half of the worlds smart phones today.

for those that are impatient, all I can say is that its early days yet.. so please try not to panic and whatever you do, don't get out of cryptos entirely. We are part of a world wide revolution....its only a matter of time...

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
jwcplanet

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 06:31:03 AM

I've create a bunch of the coins and images that we have so far that are being voted on and debated about... I've been paying attention to the forum and the opinions of everyone. In the next day or so I'm going to create a logo design that I hope most people will like and I'll make many different sizes and versions that can be used where ever they need to be used so everything can look uniform. I'll also create an intro video using the graphics so stay tuned and hopefully when I'm done we can move onto more promotion of the coin and getting the word out. Smiley

http://karmacointalk.org - Karmacoin Community Forum
Donate KARMA: KJjM7sMu9NgW5JoWMqxpypuymPhGjjmiZU
Donate BTC: 1M6tMBrDARDVVx8YgDapu4PyJ5JakvZY3G
ShawnLeary

Activity: 518
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 06:32:54 AM

Good point.  I see the elephant more like a currency symbol than having some deep meaning that only Monks in Tibet could decipher.
I am not attached.  Suggestions?

We need something simple.  Lets face it..not a lot of people will have time to get the elephant, dharma wheel, or lotus flower references.  A few people here have been saying "If you google this.." or "If you studied..." ..etcetc.  An investor or potential user DO NOT GIVE A F\_/CK about learning the deep meaning of the logo.  They only care about whether the coin has potential to become more mainstream/useful/attract more users/money.

The cute cartoony elephant was pretty cool.  Look at Doge and copy the fuck out of it.  

which one?

It was the one with the elephant looking right at you hovering above the lotus flower.   Need something cute and doge-like IMO to get people's attention.  I saw a damn CorgiCoin today!!!  WTF?  It was fucking hilarious and I am still thinking about today.  I think something playful is also heart warming which is what Karma is all about.  Right from the start, karma is a voyage to giving.  it's not easy to do for many, so a cute elephant just works for me.  Maybe we could adopt app elephant at a financially strapped zoo?  Just a total random act like that.  I'm down for trying to find a starving elephant. :-)

"We have the power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine
MCAltcoin

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 06:42:11 AM

well put
Alphi

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 06:52:05 AM

It was the one with the elephant looking right at you hovering above the lotus flower.   Need something cute and doge-like IMO to get people's attention.  I saw a damn CorgiCoin today!!!  WTF?  It was fucking hilarious and I am still thinking about today.  I think something playful is also heart warming which is what Karma is all about.  Right from the start, karma is a voyage to giving.  it's not easy to do for many, so a cute elephant just works for me.  Maybe we could adopt app elephant at a financially strapped zoo?  Just a total random act like that.  I'm down for trying to find a starving elephant. :-)

I agree with you... there are some people who have a problem with using open source clip art for an open source project.. but personally I don't..
there are still also some people struggling with the idea of a coin based on giving.. I think people who have "sold off" their coins instead of "giving them away" have completely missed the point of this project.

I am not a rich person but if it ever comes to the point where I need to divest all my coins... I will make sure I give most of them away in keeping with the core idea of this coin.

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
ShawnLeary

Activity: 518
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 06:59:54 AM

I agree with you... there are some people who have a problem with using open source clip art for an open source project.. but personally I don't..
there are still also some people struggling with the idea of a coin based on giving.. I think people who have "sold off" their coins instead of "giving them away" have completely missed the point of this project.

I am not a rich person but if it ever comes to the point where I need to divest all my coins... I will make sure I give most of them away in keeping with the core idea of this coin.

This site is what I am talking about.  The costs of supporting a charity in a really poor country like India is pennies compared what it costs to support a charity here in the states. 

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/campaigns/elephants/campaign-action/sri-lanka-elephants/captive-elelphant-welfare/

George Takei has also started a coin about helping human rights.  There is plenty of room for coins with a mission, and karma is the universal language of doing what is right for others in hopes that it will come back around. 

"We have the power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine
Alphi

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:04:53 AM

George Takei has also started a coin about helping human rights.  There is plenty of room for coins with a mission, and karma is the universal language of doing what is right for others in hopes that it will come back around.  

I like Mr Sulu but his coin has a very narrow focus of supporting rights for the LGBT community.... its also widely open to being abused by ASICS because its based on SHA256
and if you want a bad logo design look at takeicoin... (but I'd still mine it if I had a spare asic because its a worthy cause)

I agree Karma is more universal its non denominational and has no other agenda other than doing good... so people can do whatever good they like and still have a chance at being supported...
I would like to see the Karma Coin foundation be formed at some point as a non profit organization.. I would gladly join

+ 1 for supporting an elephant in need...

Karmagood (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:05:29 AM

I've done branding for Unilever, Proctor & Gamble, and some of the biggest names in consumer products, have done PR for the biggest biotech firm, and this is the only logo I've seen that can take us above 20 satoshi (the top one, not the bottom one):

It isn't the best, but the only brandable one I've come across. It's simple, bright, cheery, and embodies the concept of what I think we're wanting to do.

The problem now is that we're wasting time deciding upon something that is quite easy.

1) design something

2) test it with your market

3) re-vamp design(s) based on comments of your TARGET MARKET

4) roll out new branding

We stop at #2, thinking that we don't need it. But where would any entity be without market research?

Hey jpeters, have you gotten feedback on this one?
Pages: « 1 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 [150] 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 ... 260 »
  Print  

Jump to: