Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 09:48:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: #1 RATINGS and REVIEWS of SPORTS BOOKS thread. Poster input appreciated.  (Read 89467 times)
waylon james

Activity: 53
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:03:11 PM

Would you just chill. You are ruining one of the best threads here.
[/quote]

No shit. Last month the dude was complaining about how SBObitcoin was shady. Why the fuck would you put money into them if you thought that?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Rating Place (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3693
Merit: 1058

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:11:59 PM

You can also reach them on Skype. Their username is sbobitcoin sbobitcoin.

Gogo ppp
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:42:38 PM

WARNING WITHDRAWN.

Someone contacted me and told me that his account had also been suspended.
He found out that:

Had nothing to do with VPN/no VPN login.

SBObitcoin locked all accounts (except Peeps based on what he says !!!?Huh) to do a currency update - changing all to a system based on 6k HKD/BTC rather than the previous 4k HKD/BTC.

Communication didn't exist for 5 hours or more.

Apparently and hopefully just a perfect storm appearing to be a situation following in the footsteps of too many other btc books.

Will report if any problem remains but an acquaintance informed me his account was now reactivated with the new HKD amount.

Hopefully all is well...
Rating Place (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:48:05 PM

All accounts were shut down and people were given new accounts. You either had the opportunity to withdraw or transfer the money to the new account. They did this to change the exchange rate.

Rating Place (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:54:19 PM

Gogo- If you really had accounts with these books, as you have said, then you would have known this.

Rating Place (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:57:25 PM

Even the people that took the 10% bonus that had not met the 3x roll were given the chance to withdraw all their money including the bonus.

Gogo ppp
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:58:30 PM

Gogo- If you really had accounts with these books, as you have said, then you would have known this.

Raiders - You are the biggest fraud and the most loathsome and hated poster on all the sportsbetting forums, and this is an example:

"If you really had accounts with these books, as you have said, then you would have known this."

You didn't know yourself  or you would have stated it when I first raised the issue.

You just found out when Melody came back online. This is evident to anyone reading this thread.

Not only that, but you are the one with no account at the book:

"All accounts were shut down and people were given new accounts. You either had the opportunity to withdraw or transfer the money to the new account."

Wrong.  I reported above my acquaintance's experience - I can now state that mine was identical to my acquaintance's - they did a currency amount change - the account number and password is unchanged - there is no new account.
Rating Place (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 08:01:54 PM

Raiders - You are the biggest fraud and the most loathsome and hated poster on all the sportsbetting forums, and this is an example.

"If you really had accounts with these books, as you have said, then you would have known this."

You didn't know yourself  or you would have stated it when I first raised the issue.

You just found out when Melody came back online. This is evident to anyone reading this thread.

Not only that, but you are the one with no account at the book.

"All accounts were shut down and people were given new accounts. You either had the opportunity to withdraw or transfer the money to the new account."

Wrong. As I reported above, my experience was identical to my acquaintance's - they did a currency amount change - the account number and password is unchanged - there is no new account.

Gogo - Please stop. I took all the money out of my SBOBET account including the 10% bonus when I was asked what I wanted to do. I could have just put the money in a new account. Maybe it was the same account but they would have changed the Hong Kong dollar amount to reflect the exchange rate. I forget but I did make the withdrawal in bitcoins and I haven't gone back yet. I've played at almost all of the bitcoin books.

Gogo ppp
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 08:07:27 PM

The concept of this thread is excellent.

The fact that the person "running" it is a total moron is unfortunate.
waylon james

Activity: 53
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 08:25:37 PM

So the reason you are fucking everything up is personal?

Gogo ppp
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 08:33:22 PM

So the reason you are fucking everything up is personal?

I've contributed to this thread.

As recently as 5 hours ago, Peeps Place in reference to a suggestion of mine posted "Great idea! I'll post (m) next to the book. If you guys know of books manually grading, post them. I will look in to all."

No idea what you've contributed, nor what you feel is "fucking everything up", but it's of no interest to me.

Feel free to ignore my posts in the future.
Rating Place (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 09:44:54 PM

Here's the email that SBOBitcoin sent to me.

We would like to inform you on the update regarding the change of rate for all members.

With your existing account,if you will not play and you want to withdraw, you can do so anytime you want.  We will still use the 6000 rate as the rate for the first time you joined us. But your account now can only be used till Sunday, March 9, 2014. After that, we will suspend the ID but we guarantee you can still withdraw from that ID use 6000 rate. From now on we use the new rate is 4000 to all members. If you want to play, we can transfer your balance to the new account using 4000 rate.  

We highly appreciate a response from you as soon as possible regarding this matter.

Best regards,
SBO Bitcoin

I then went to live chat and took my money out. They sent it in bitcoins.

KGambler

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 11:19:21 PM

I have played at BTCSportsmatch on and off for a few years now.

1.  Deposits - since this is an exchange, the btc will not show up in your account until there are a number of confirms.  I can't remember but I think it takes somewhere between 4-6 confirms

2.  Withdrawals - withdrawals are instantaneous

3.  Liquidity - for major USA sports, liquidity is OK.  For major events, liquidity can be very good

See the last post in this thread for an example of liquidity on an NFL Playoff Saturday:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=155040.msg4451235#msg4451235

4.  Odds  - It's an exchange with a 1% fee paid by the winner.  They call it a "hybrid exchange" because the odds you get is the calculated vig free line at the time the bet is matched (based on the current Pinnacle line).  If the juice is -109 or less, they don't bother with calculating the vig free line (VFL) and you will get it at EVEN (+100).  For example, if an NBA game is Miami Heat -6.5 -109/New York Knicks +6.5 -101 on Pinnacle, you would get -6.5 +100 or +6.5 +100.  If the line went to -110/+100, you would get -6.5 -105 or +6.5 +105 because the VFL calc would kick in.  You pay a fee, so remember to add that to the calculation when determining the exact amount of juice you will pay.

Being a hybrid exchange has it's pros and cons.  Some in this thread say they wouldn't post offers because the line could move on Pinnacle.  Well, a pure exchange has a similar problem.  On a pure exchange, bots will hoover up any stale offers as soon as a line moves substantially on Pinnacle.  For example, if you wanted to bet the Knicks in the above example and so offered Miami -6.5 -104 on a pure exchange, it would get snatched up immediately if the line were to move to -7.5 on Pinnacle.  This was always a big criticism of Matchbook.  I am not sure if they have changed their software or not.

5.  Should you use it?  I consider the site to be safe, so it's a must out for me.  You can get bets down here for very negligible juice.  If you think about it, the internet based betting exchanges should have already made sports books obsolete.  The main thing holding back the exchange model is the ignorance of the typical sports bettor (most of the major bookies being old timers doesn't help either).

Crypto-currencies should likewise lead to a revolution in offshore gambling.  What will hold this movement back?  Also the ignorance of sports bettors, and the advanced age of the major bookmakers (they still can't get over how cutting edge using the internet to take bets is).

This site combines the best attributes of two killer apps - a betting exchange that uses a crypto-currency.  It's funny that the major books have been too stupid to figure this out.  It's so simple and so brilliant.

I expect liquidity should be pretty good for March Madness games.  Now would be a good time to try out the site.  As with any exchange, the more people who use the site, the more useful the site becomes.

Edit:  Just want to mention that I am approaching this from a USA-centric viewpoint.  I know about Betfair, etc.  I know it would be hard for a UK regulated exchange to accept crypto-currencies.  I am talking about offshore sites that ignore applicable laws.
Rating Place (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 11:31:34 PM

Good stuff KGambler. Thanks

5thStreetResearch

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 11:38:35 PM

A+ for NitrogenSports

Gogo ppp
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 02:04:16 AM

Excellent info and analysis, KGambler. Likewise agree with your comments on the industry as a whole (or, as a "hole").

Will give them a try.

"Being a hybrid exchange has it's pros and cons.  Some in this thread say they wouldn't post offers because the line could move on Pinnacle.  Well, a pure exchange has a similar problem.  On a pure exchange, bots will hoover up any stale offers as soon as a line moves substantially on Pinnacle.  For example, if you wanted to bet the Knicks in the above example and so offered Miami -6.5 -104 on a pure exchange, it would get snatched up immediately if the line were to move to -7.5 on Pinnacle.  This was always a big criticism of Matchbook..."

It's been awhile since I've used Matchbook, so forgot that this is the case there as well.

Also used to use BetDaq, don't remember if they had the same problem.
Cloudbet
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1110

Cloudbet | Best Bitcoin Gambling Site Since 2013

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 02:33:24 AM

Books- I don't want to take this thread too far off course but the NCAA tournament is right around the corner and the following may be of interest to players:

1. Are you taking bets on the individual games? sides, totals, props?
2. What are the limits?
3. Will you have live betting?

Hi Peeps Place,

1. We are taking bets on almost every game, including sides, totals, and props. In fact, we're looking at adding some pretty exciting new props. Our NBA "race to 20 points" markets have been extremely popular.

2. Our NCAA limits will be up to 13.5 BTC.

3. Yes - of course! It doesn't get any more exciting than live betting.

Thanks for your continued excellent work here.

Cheers,
Cloudbet

▄▄███████▄▄
            ▄███████████████▄
           ███████████████████
          █████████████████████▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄▄████████████████████████████▄
   ▄█████ ▐▌ ██████████████████████████▄
 ▄█████       ▀█         █          ████▄
▐███████  ███  ▐█  ██▀█▄▄█▄▄██  ██▄▄█████
████████       ██     ████████  █████████
████████  ███  ▐█  ██▄█▀▀█████  ████████▀
 ██████       ▄█         ███      █████▀
  ▀██████ ▐▌ ████████████████████████▀
    ▀▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀
.CLOUDBTCET
ESTABLISHED 2013
       ▄▄▀▀▀██████▄
   ▄
██████▀▀███████▀▀▄
 ▄█[/color]█████▀▄███████████▄▀▄
 ▄█ ███████████████ ████▄▄
▄██████████████████▌▐█████▄
███████████████████████████
▀▄████████▄▄▄▀▀▀████████▀▄
██████████████████████████
▀████ ████████████████████▀
 ▀████ █████████▀▄████ ██▀
  ▀████▄▀█████▀▀▄█████▌▐▀
▄███▀▄██████▄▄████▀▀▄▄▀███▄
▀██████
▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄▀▀██████▀
   ▀▀▀███████████████▀▀▀
[/size][/url]
Rating Place (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 04:27:42 AM

Books- I don't want to take this thread too far off course but the NCAA tournament is right around the corner and the following may be of interest to players:

2. What are the limits?

Hi Peeps Place,

1. We are taking bets on almost every game, including sides, totals, and props. In fact, we're looking at adding some pretty exciting new props. Our NBA "race to 20 points" markets have been extremely popular.

Cheers,
Cloudbet
Cloudbet, thanks for checking in. 13.5 BTC limit is nice.

boosblock

Merit: 22

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 04:49:31 AM

BTCsportsmatch and BTCsportsbet are thieves.

They stole 8btc from me which was well documented on SBR and elsewhere.

Maybe Raiders can contact them on my behalf since they wouldnt reply to anyone else.   Cheesy
boosblock

Merit: 22

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 04:51:15 AM

2. What are the limits?

Hi Peeps Place,

Cheers,
Cloudbet

You need some derivatives up there.  I never see any 1h NBA totals, for example.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: