Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 11:21:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 [271] 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][AUTO-SWITCH] Profit-switch auto-exchange pool: CleverMining.com  (Read 554361 times)
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 8990

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2014, 11:40:31 PM

This might sound like a stupid question but I set up a bfgminer and connected it to clevermining.com and how do I know if my miner is actually mining and getting me coins? I have never mined before and I'm using my CPU for mining and looking to upgrade it with antminers or whatever those things are called lol That's how unfamiliar I am with mining. Would anyone be able to help me out or guide me to a forum or site where I can learn to begin mining and which miners to use and how to set them up properly? Much appreciated thanks Smiley Cheers everyone

Have you checked the stats page on the site for your BTC address?  Roll Eyes
ya but I'm using my bittrex btc address as my username do you think that is why I'm not seeing anything yet? also how do I set my parameters to scrypt on my bfgminer

bfgminer --scrypt ...

First you need to make sure the pool is accepting shares. Set the difficulty manually to the lowest allowed value, i.e. use d=128 as your password. Even at that it will take a long time to find a share with a CPU. Then you can start looking for stats. It doesn't matter if the BTC address is from an exchange.
so when I start my bfgminer it goes right to url: that's when I enter stratum+tcp://us.clevermining.com:3333 right? so when do i enter --scrypt? after the url? or after my password?

You should put all that into the command line or create a batch file that starts bfgminer. Don't just double click on the file. E.g.

bfgminer --scrypt -S cpu:all -o stratum+tcp://us.clevermining.com:3333 -u your-btc-address -p d=128

I'm not sure about the "-S cpu:all" part, I've never done CPU mining with bfgminer. Read the docs, try it, ask questions if something comes up.
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 11:44:01 PM

This might sound like a stupid question but I set up a bfgminer and connected it to clevermining.com and how do I know if my miner is actually mining and getting me coins? I have never mined before and I'm using my CPU for mining and looking to upgrade it with antminers or whatever those things are called lol That's how unfamiliar I am with mining. Would anyone be able to help me out or guide me to a forum or site where I can learn to begin mining and which miners to use and how to set them up properly? Much appreciated thanks Smiley Cheers everyone

Have you checked the stats page on the site for your BTC address?  Roll Eyes
ya but I'm using my bittrex btc address as my username do you think that is why I'm not seeing anything yet? also how do I set my parameters to scrypt on my bfgminer

bfgminer --scrypt ...

First you need to make sure the pool is accepting shares. Set the difficulty manually to the lowest allowed value, i.e. use d=128 as your password. Even at that it will take a long time to find a share with a CPU. Then you can start looking for stats. It doesn't matter if the BTC address is from an exchange.
so when I start my bfgminer it goes right to url: that's when I enter stratum+tcp://us.clevermining.com:3333 right? so when do i enter --scrypt? after the url? or after my password?

You should put all that into the command line or create a batch file that starts bfgminer. Don't just double click on the file. E.g.

bfgminer --scrypt -S cpu:all -o stratum+tcp://us.clevermining.com:3333 -u your-btc-address -p d=128

I'm not sure about the "-S cpu:all" part, I've never done CPU mining with bfgminer. Read the docs, try it, ask questions if something comes up.
Thanks man I'll read the docs and make sure I'm doing this the right way because I don't know why it says pool 0  issuing work for an old block

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2014, 01:35:16 AM

Thanks man I'll read the docs and make sure I'm doing this the right way because I don't know why it says pool 0  issuing work for an old block

Don't worry about that too much. Get bfgminer to detect your hardware, show hashrate, and submit shares. That old block error is just some harmless stratum miscommunication IIRC.
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 01:41:42 AM

Don't worry about that too much. Get bfgminer to detect your hardware, show hashrate, and submit shares. That old block error is just some harmless stratum miscommunication IIRC.
Thanks for all the help everyone but I just ended up downloading cgminer and getting that to work instead lmao but at least I have an idea of how to work these things now and appreciate everyone's patience and positive answers to my questions Smiley Cheers everyone and Happy Mining Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

styvis

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 01:16:31 AM

Heya guys!

New in the area but love to hear the FAN going for full speed Wink, BUT i got a problem, i got an Antminer S1 (To start things with, other S3 is on its way Wink)

But i cant use it on clevermining the bot, when i check status the diff is around 1k, and it says and i quote

"Our new stratum server has VARDIFF enabled and it should work great for most users. But if you have a miner with dozens of chips working as a single connection you might want to setup your own difficulty. You can do this by using password d=XXXX where XXXX is number between 128 and 65536 (only powers of 2 are accepted, so 128, 256, 512, etc, e.g. d=512). This will set a fixed difficulty and disable vardiff. It works per connection so you can choose separate difficulty for each of your miners."

Ive tried d=256 so many times, but it still is on ~1k diff :/, and my antminer wont any "accepted", only alot of Rejected   & Discarded

Got latest firmware for the S1, someone knows the soloution for my noobiness? (Ive tried to find some post helping me out but hey ... its not one page Tongue

Hope someone got a lovely fridy, not like mine, carproblems, walked over 2 hours, finally home! Smiley
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2014, 01:24:32 AM

Heya guys!

New in the area but love to hear the FAN going for full speed Wink, BUT i got a problem, i got an Antminer S1 (To start things with, other S3 is on its way Wink)

But i cant use it on clevermining the bot, when i check status the diff is around 1k, and it says and i quote

"Our new stratum server has VARDIFF enabled and it should work great for most users. But if you have a miner with dozens of chips working as a single connection you might want to setup your own difficulty. You can do this by using password d=XXXX where XXXX is number between 128 and 65536 (only powers of 2 are accepted, so 128, 256, 512, etc, e.g. d=512). This will set a fixed difficulty and disable vardiff. It works per connection so you can choose separate difficulty for each of your miners."

Ive tried d=256 so many times, but it still is on ~1k diff :/, and my antminer wont any "accepted", only alot of Rejected   & Discarded

Got latest firmware for the S1, someone knows the soloution for my noobiness? (Ive tried to find some post helping me out but hey ... its not one page Tongue

Hope someone got a lovely fridy, not like mine, carproblems, walked over 2 hours, finally home! Smiley

Sorry about your car, can't help with that but can help with the ants:

This is not a SHA256 pool, it uses a different algorithm (Scrypt). Your miner won't work here. Use Eligius, bitcoin.cz, or find a p2pool node near you.
styvis

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 01:48:10 AM

Heya guys!

This is not a SHA256 pool, it uses a different algorithm (Scrypt). Your miner won't work here. Use Eligius, bitcoin.cz, or find a p2pool node near you.

Uhhhhhhhh that sucks Sad, what kinda machine do i need that support scrypt?, wich is the best "pay-out" pools this days?, ive checked Eligus but seems hard to earn something Sad, and gotta check out p2pool :-)

Thank for the help!

Regards

And yes cars sucks, litterally
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2014, 02:34:59 AM
Last edit: November 15, 2014, 05:27:44 PM by suchmoon

Heya guys!

Uhhhhhhhh that sucks Sad, what kinda machine do i need that support scrypt?, wich is the best "pay-out" pools this days?, ive checked Eligus but seems hard to earn something Sad, and gotta check out p2pool :-)

Thank for the help!

Regards

All bitcoin pools will pay roughly the same, since it's all the same coin. Ant S1 is only barely profitable if your power cost is below 0.1 USD per kWh.

For Scrypt there isn't really much of a choice in hardware. You can probably pick up some cheap used Gridseed blades or something like that. Don't expect much income though. Good as a space heater and/or hobby.
styvis

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 04:00:13 PM

Heya guys!

Thank for the help!

Regards

All bitcoin pools will pay roughly the same, since it's all the same coin. Ant S1 is only barely profitable if your power cost is below 0.1 USD per kWh.

For Scrypt there isn't really much of a choice in hardware. You can probably pick up some cheap used Gridseed blades or something like that. Don't expect much income though. Good a space heater and/or hobby.

Ok, thanks for the info man! =)

One little more question that maybe u can help out with

P2Pools, Ive understand that i can host a p2pool myself on my comp/server, does it mean i got my "own" pool?, will i recieve the whole 25 BTC myself if i would find a Block? if im the only one mining at my p2pool ofc, isnt it like kinda solo mining?
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2014, 05:32:41 PM

Ok, thanks for the info man! =)

One little more question that maybe u can help out with

P2Pools, Ive understand that i can host a p2pool myself on my comp/server, does it mean i got my "own" pool?, will i recieve the whole 25 BTC myself if i would find a Block? if im the only one mining at my p2pool ofc, isnt it like kinda solo mining?

Yes, you can host your own P2Pool node. No, it's not solo mining, you are still contributing to a pool together with other nodes. P2Pool has certain technical advantages: no single point of failure, potentially better latencies etc. Also the ideological benefit of decentralization.
Flep182
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 10:45:13 AM

Are you using a SHA-256 miner on a Scrypt pool? Wink
digitalgrow

Activity: 704

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 11:44:11 AM

Hi terk

Im mining on your pool for some months now and everything was fine until recently

I have received no payout since 29th Oct and am due 0.44858063 BTC payout

Please check your PM as I have messaged several times over last few weeks and no reply

Please look into this
styvis

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 09:43:56 PM

Are you using a SHA-256 miner on a Scrypt pool? Wink

I tried :-P
CryptoCyrrent

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 07:10:26 PM

Hello,

Did anyone else notice this issue when mining with Titan? I get "Pool 0 is issuing work for an old block: 8ef....." and my miner slows down to a crawl, then restarts.
Is it the issue with the Titan not being able to handle this case?
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2014, 07:20:01 PM

Hello,

Did anyone else notice this issue when mining with Titan? I get "Pool 0 is issuing work for an old block: 8ef....." and my miner slows down to a crawl, then restarts.

Check this:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=448649.msg9476838#msg9476838
CryptoCyrrent

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 07:27:13 PM

Hello,

Check this:
Thank you. I am using the latest 1.11 firmware and the difficulty is set to 8192, so the latest improvements on the Titan side did not help.
AGcrypto

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 05:11:12 AM

Hello,

Check this:
Thank you. I am using the latest 1.11 firmware and the difficulty is set to 8192, so the latest improvements on the Titan side did not help.

I use Vardiff and it seems to work just fine with 1.11. 1.10 made my die randomly get sick forcing me to have to restart the system to get them working again. But things have been running nice with 1.11. I just hope we get scrypt-n or any of the x11,x13 ect ect to help beef up profits. $27 a day kind of sucks.
digitalgrow

Activity: 704

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 09:11:47 PM

Hi terk

Im mining on your pool for some months now and everything was fine until recently

Please check your PM as I have messaged several times over last few weeks and no reply

Please look into this

Hi Terk

Still no reply to PM's about the outstanding payment due of 0.47 btc

Im quite patient person but it has been several weeks with no reply to any of my PM's

Dont understand what is the problem with my payout and why no reply?

Terk (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 522

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 09:31:55 PM

Hi terk

Please look into this

Hi Terk

Still no reply to PM's about the outstanding payment due of 0.47 btc

Im quite patient person but it has been several weeks with no reply to any of my PM's

Dont understand what is the problem with my payout and why no reply?

Hi, I'm sorry for not replying to you earlier (I got your first PM over a week ago - it wasn't weeks, but I understand that time goes slower when you can't wait to get a response, so thank you for your patience and apologize for delay).

I replied to you via PM and I think we'll be able to resolve this issue as soon as I hear back from you.

wingsaber

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 09:38:02 PM

Hi I just started mining over at clevermining.com about 6 hours now but when i go to check my user stats on the site i get an error saying i need to wait a full hour. My BTC address is 1C7PFvvCvmsLLzTfkXFSifmyH7jX9fWxyq is there anything you can do to solve this? And will i loose everything that i have mined so far?

Thank you.
Pages: « 1 ... 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 [271] 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 »
  Print  

Jump to: