Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:32:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 [681] 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369739 times)
zmija

Activity: 676
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 05:34:42 PM

The price has been stable for quite a while. retailers and consumers like price stability. How would you like to buy a card and pay 10.00 then the next day you find out you paid 150.00 for the same card?
Well if that's the case and u want the price to be where is it now and that it stays here, then i have to apologize u guys, i truly am sorry to bother u with my ideas, for bringing the price of the coin up.

OK thanks apology accepted
U r welcome. One other thing could u please point me to the direction where i could fill up my car and to grocery, so i can by milk and bread and pay out with my mint coins, i'll be glad to pay with them, bcs last time i've checked u needed real money to buy those things, and it was real money that i bought mintcoins with. Right now i don't need any of those things mint merchant r selling sorry. Thx
I'll see if we can work on adding a gas station and grocery store for you along with spell checker
That would be appreciated :-), but until then i guess i'll still have to pay those things with my hard earned salary, or selling mint to get my cash out, and buy mintcoins when gas stations and grocery stores establish mint coin as a paying currency. Btw I'm not from US or UK or any other English spoken country, so there can be spell error sorry for that, but maybe we can talk in my language and see how that goes ;-).

Yes use the 20% interest to pay for the extra things you need for now. I understand Trolls speak a different language so I apologize for my previous comment and have removed that portion
Apology accepted :-), i just hope i'm not another Troll for u, :-(, but then again, if u think i am that's your opinion and i can't do much about it :-(. I'll take your advice about those 20% and let me see where that takes me :-). Let Mintcoin live long and prosperous :-)

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
    ▄▄██▀                 ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▀█████
██          ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄      ██
▐█▌       ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███   ▐█▌
 ██      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀   ██
 ▐█▌    █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█   ▐█▌
  ██    █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█   ██
  ▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█  ▐█▌
   ██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
    ██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██
     ██▌ ▀  ▀███▄▄▄█████▀  ▐██
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
.DeepOnion.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★  .❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!.
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Your Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Your Assets Secured by TOR
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
|                        ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
deadmanwalking

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 05:47:49 PM

Ya, If everyone could report fraud donation addresses rather than replying 100x to the scammer who posted them,...

That'd be great.

\
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 06:04:49 PM

I just created the BTC address "Donation, MINT wall": 1EYv5xbGehXcSA3WsmEygaBfnBx5UcsGNJ

I will not use any of these BTC before the community reach a consensus on how to use them (wait for a certain amount, buy progressively, one shot...)
The resulting mintcoins should go to where the community wants it to go. I suggest it goes to the Donation address for the Mintcoin Fund (MsKZ6xRSPJAVVJ7m1oZfNqVcpJ9MyvRzha).

It would be possible that we have a lot of things to announce in just a short amount of time Smiley

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
Beaverslayer

Activity: 230

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 06:14:58 PM

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to stop by for a minute today and wish everyone in this great community a Happy Easter, and say that I hope you all have a wonderful day with your friends and families....

Have a GREAT day
moderndezigns

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 06:15:15 PM

Ya, If everyone could report fraud donation addresses rather than replying 100x to the scammer who posted them,...

That'd be great.

I reported but thanks for the advise
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 06:16:59 PM

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to stop by for a minute today and wish everyone in this great community a Happy Easter, and say that I hope you all have a wonderful day with your friends and families....

Have a GREAT day
Have a great Easter day everyone.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
moderndezigns

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 06:17:07 PM

I just created the BTC address "Donation, MINT wall": 1EYv5xbGehXcSA3WsmEygaBfnBx5UcsGNJ

I will not use any of these BTC before the community reach a consensus on how to use them (wait for a certain amount, buy progressively, one shot...)
The resulting mintcoins should go to where the community wants it to go. I suggest it goes to the Donation address for the Mintcoin Fund (MsKZ6xRSPJAVVJ7m1oZfNqVcpJ9MyvRzha).

It would be possible that we have a lot of things to announce in just a short amount of time Smiley

PLEASE make sure to double check when people repost these addresses that they are the same
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 06:18:26 PM

PLEASE make sure to double check when people repost these addresses that they are the same
moderdezigns is completely right here: the scam happened on another community.

David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 06:21:08 PM
Last edit: April 23, 2014, 07:55:39 AM by David Latapie

Just sold my entire blackcoin and whitecoin for Mintcoin
TO THE MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON
Good move, there is definitely quite a potential for grow for mintcoin. But I'd prefer mintcoin doesn't go to the moon - we all know what happens to coin going to the moon.
Steady is the way of sustainable development.

ahbartsch

Activity: 165

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 06:23:11 PM

Just sold my entire blackcoin and whitecoin for Mintcoin
TO THE MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON
Good move, there is definitely quite a potential for grow for mintcoin. But I'd prefer mintcoin doesn't go to the moon - we all know what happens to coin going to the moon.
Slow and steady is the way of sustainable development.

Unless the coin is forgotten and just dies as everyone leaves.
moderndezigns

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 06:23:45 PM

Hello everyone,

Have a GREAT day
Have a great Easter day everyone.

Thanks guys I hope you have a wonderful holiday as well!
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 06:34:40 PM

Following a discussion with zmija on IRC (#mintcoin on freenode) and also following several previous posters talking about this, I got an idea for marketing:

"Are you getting tired of adrenaline rushes when prices go up and down? You don't find this exciting, you find this stressful? You prefer to participate to a cause instead of being glued to your screen for some satoshi?
Today it is EarthDay. Today it is MintcoinDay. Slow, steady, sustainable"

Opinions?

TookDk
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062

One coin to rule them all

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 06:51:34 PM

Following a discussion with zmija on IRC (#mintcoin on freenode) and also following several previous posters talking about this, I got an idea for marketing:

"Are you getting tired of adrenaline rushes when prices go up and down? You don't find this exciting, you find this stressful? You prefer to participate to a cause instead of being glued to your screen for some satoshi?

Opinions?

I like that. I sold all of my "other PoS alt" 5 days ago, got out with a profit and bought MINT for them.
Well, honestly it was affecting my sleep with all the ups and downs.
I really don't mind having MINT staying at 14-17 sat, since I can get my gain by minting new coins.

Cryptography is one of the few things you can truly trust.
zmija

Activity: 676

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 07:05:18 PM

Opinions?

I like that. I sold all of my "other PoS alt" 5 days ago, got out with a profit and bought MINT for them.
I really don't mind having MINT staying at 14-17 sat, since I can get my gain by minting new coins.
But u did made a profit with others didn't u, and now with that profit u'll buy mintcoin :-), i bet in the end u felt good doing that, but stressful with all those ups and downs right. Like David Latapie said slow and stady, but not staying at the deadlock.

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
    ▄▄██▀                 ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▀█████
██          ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄      ██
▐█▌       ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███   ▐█▌
 ██      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀   ██
 ▐█▌    █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█   ▐█▌
  ██    █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█   ██
  ▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█  ▐█▌
   ██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
    ██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██
     ██▌ ▀  ▀███▄▄▄█████▀  ▐██
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
.DeepOnion.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★  .❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!.
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Your Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Your Assets Secured by TOR
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
|                        ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
TookDk
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062

One coin to rule them all

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 07:18:19 PM

But u did made a profit with others didn't u, and now with that profit u'll buy mintcoin :-), i bet in the end u felt good doing that, but stressful with all those ups and downs right. Like David Latapie said slow and stady, but not staying at the deadlock.

I have a background in mining. I have been mining since December 2012, I build an FPGA miner rigs out of a bunch Xilinx ML605 and got my first bitcoins.
I took it offline when the ASIC hit the marked and took a break from bitcoin (since I was busy with other things).
In the fall I got back in and was part of some ASIC miner GB. I build a scrypt miner in December (still running).

But bottom line, I am almost out of all my mining projects (expect my scrypt miner which I think I will take offline within a month or two and one Titan GB). Therefore I invested in PoS, since the margin in mining are getting too narrow for armatures. PoS is a bit like mining, you slowly see your miner harvesting coins, I realized long time ago that I am not a daytrader and will never be good at that.

Edit: I am still consider myself a miner Smiley

Cryptography is one of the few things you can truly trust.
DougB62

Activity: 672

Banned: For Your Protection

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 07:30:23 PM

Mint coin has been a huge flop, too many coins I think. It's down 80% from its peak value. I have a couple hundred mint just for fun, but not even worth keeping the wallet open.

Um... (nope, can't think of anything.)

Many members of this community have their Mintcoin addys in their sig - I would suggest that donating your "worthless" Mint to one of them, or to the Mintcoin fund @ MsKZ6xRSPJAVVJ7m1oZfNqVcpJ9MyvRzha would ease your mind.  Wink
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 07:38:36 PM

Opinions?

Yes, the same thing for me. When the very first thing that comes to your mind when you wake is 'what the price of my coin is now?", you know there is a problem. I don't want coins to dictate my life. There is a reason why traders don't last more than 5 years and the ones who last that long call each others "survivors".

I created a magnet file for mintcoin's blockchain. A magnet is basically a torrent file, without the file Smiley Open up your bitorrent client, chose "open URL", paste the link (it may even be pre-pasted - at least with Transmission it is) and voilà! you should have the blockchain. I added instructions too (yes, I used 7Z because I strongly believe zip should be dead for a decade now and that in order to have zip out, we must stop proposing 7-zip archives, plus it the 7z archive is 10% smaller, at 260 Mb instead of 290Mb).

Blockchain torrent:
Code:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:4a6c6d7915fa212c09f9d39524bbaa7c046efda9&dn=mintcoin-blockchain-easter-2014.7z

David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 07:41:30 PM

Mint coin has been a huge flop, too many coins I think. It's down 80% from its peak value. I have a couple hundred mint just for fun, but not even worth keeping the wallet open.

Many members of this community have their Mintcoin addys in their sig - I would suggest that donating your "worthless" Mint to one of them, or to the Mintcoin fund @ MsKZ6xRSPJAVVJ7m1oZfNqVcpJ9MyvRzha would ease your mind.  Wink
If you send me 100 Bitcoin I will send you 100 Mint coin.
Me first, me first!
If you send me 100 Bitcoins, I will send you 100 MILLIONS Mintcoins

I obliterated your offer, turtlehurricane  Grin

mintcointeam (OP)

Activity: 325
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 08:11:30 PM

Bitscoinshop is now accepting MintCoin, buy clothes, shoes, glasses, perfumes and phones at http://bitscoinshop.com.br/en/
DougB62

Activity: 672

Banned: For Your Protection

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 08:14:05 PM

If you send me 100 Bitcoin I will send you 100 Mint coin.
Me first, me first!
If you send me 100 Bitcoins, I will send you 100 MILLIONS Mintcoins

I obliterated your offer, turtlehurricane  Grin

If you send me 100 btc, I will obliterate the sell walls on mintpal, and send you everything I bought! (Minus a modest 2% broker fee)  Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 [681] 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: