Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 06:44:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 [694] 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369737 times)
dogechode

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 05:29:18 PM

anyone else having troubles with starting the mintcoin wallet using a mac? it is stuck on "loading block index" for about 25 min now. I guess the windows users don't have those problems? and it uses 20% of my CPU?!

What the heck CPU are you using? I run hbn and mint staking at the same time and even combined they barely touch my CPU.
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Jeff Jefferson

Activity: 307
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 05:38:03 PM

5 year old macbook (not pro). It is old but it can't be that bad. Mavericks. Need more information?
It's not about staking. Just the start up. The green small loading window. A friend of mine with a MacBook pro is having the same problems. I can post Screenshots if you need
WCIR

Activity: 144

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 05:43:39 PM

Mint price chart http://worldcoinindex.com/coin/Mintcoin

deadmanwalking

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 05:55:35 PM

5 year old macbook (not pro). It is old but it can't be that bad. Mavericks. Need more information?
It's not about staking. Just the start up. The green small loading window. A friend of mine with a MacBook pro is having the same problems. I can post Screenshots if you need

Someone had a similar problem. See if post below works for you. (click reddit link)

Someone with a Mac, help this guy on reddit out... he can't get his wallet to work.

http://www.reddit.com/r/MintCoin/comments/23qzhd/possible_dumb_question_here/

Yes! Im the guy on reddit whose wallet wont work! For the last week ive been trying to download the mintcoin wallet. every time i try to open it, it just "quits unexpectedly" no error number i can look up, nothing. Ive got plenty of free space on my mac, and ive downloaded multiple wallets for other coins so i dont know what the deal is. But for the last week Ive downloaded it, tried it, deleted it, and tried again. Do that a few times then try again the next day to the same result. ive scoured google for an answer to no avail. im at my wits end here. Any thoughts on what the problem could be?

I answered and provided my upload link for you. Overwrite your original .app and you should be good to go.  Smiley

\
DougB62

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

Banned: For Your Protection

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 05:57:51 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2014, 06:07:56 PM by DougB62

Anyone noticed that btc xfers are taking longer than usual today? I sent some to Mintpal an hour and 45 mins ago, "seen by 22 peers", and not one single confirmation as yet, either on my end, or Mintpal's. Shows up in "Pending" @ Mintpal, and in the blockchain though...  Huh

You put a transaction fee in there i assume ? took some 45 minutes for me yesterday.. up to 3 confirmations.

Affirmative on the Tx fee, and it now has 1 confirmation. Weird slowness...

Edit: Two and a half hours - 2 confirms...
deadmanwalking

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 06:01:01 PM

Anybody interested in taking over reddit tipbot? Quote from tipbot developer:

talkb1nary 1 point 2 days ago
Hi there, i am the guy operating the bot. Yes its still active, and yes it dies sometimes. I get an email usually if this happens and react as fast as possible. Mostly people wont even notice it, sometimes it was down for a few hours.
I dont have the time i wanted to to spread the word, but i am happy if you guys do Smiley Also if someone feels that he could do it better, by doing more advertisment and whatever i would be ok with giving the bot out to a motivated user.
Inb4 it wont bring you money Wink

The tipbot works, but it would be best if one of our community could fine tune it. In the meantime, feel free to throw some Mint around reddit users  Wink

http://www.reddit.com/r/MintCoin/comments/23ft4y/is_our_tipbot_still_working/

\
kopam

Activity: 518

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 06:28:11 PM

Hi there, i am the guy operating the bot. Yes its still active, and yes it dies sometimes. I get an email usually if this happens and react as fast as possible. Mostly people wont even notice it, sometimes it was down for a few hours.
I dont have the time i wanted to to spread the word, but i am happy if you guys do Smiley Also if someone feels that he could do it better, by doing more advertisment and whatever i would be ok with giving the bot out to a motivated user.

The tipbot works, but it would be best if one of our community could fine tune it. In the meantime, feel free to throw some Mint around reddit users  Wink

I think reddit should be a top priority. With that being said, the tip pot is probably the best option to promote the coin to the entire crypto community there.
I think that mint needs some one to that, well lets say professionally, i mean some one that really knows how reddit works and that can really well push the right buttons there.
If there is some one that would like to do that i would be ready to give a nice donation, i guess if this person is doing a GREAT job, there will be more people that will like to donate.
Well this were my 2 satoshi on this matter Smiley

▐▒▄
          ▄▄▌   ▐▒██▒▒▄
       ▄▒███▌     ▀▒███▒▒▄
   ░▒▒██▒▒██▌  ▄▒▄▄   ▀▒███▒▄
   ▐██▒  ▐██▒▒██████▒▄▄   ▐███
   ▐██▌  ▐███▒▀   ▀▀▒██▒   ███
   ▐██▌  ▐██▌       ███   ███
   ▐██▌  ▐██▌       ███   ███
   ▐██▌  ▐██▒▒▄   ▄▄▒███   ███
   ▐██▌   ▀▒███▒▒██▒▀▀   ▐███
   ▐▒███▒▄▄   ▀▒▒▀   ▄▒████▒
       ▀▒███▒▄      ████▒▀
          ▀▀▒███▒   █▀
              ▀▒█
BEXAM
███  █
    █
███  █
    █
███  █
    █
███  █

█  ███
█   
█  ███
█   
█  ███
█   
█  ███

▄████▄
                       ▄▄█████▀▀███
                   ▄▄████▀▀    ███
             ▄▄▄████▀▀   ▄▄   ▐██
         ▄▄█████▀      ▄█▀   ██▌
    ▄▄████▀▀▀      ▄███▀     ██▌
   ████▀       ▄▄████▀      ▐██
    ██████▄▄  ▄█████▀        ██▌
         ▀████████          ▐██
           ▀████▌           ███
            ▀███  ▄██▄▄    ▐██▀
             ███▄███▀███▄   ███
             ▀███▀▀   ▀▀███▄██▌
                         ▀▀█▀▀

▄▄▄██▄▄▄   ▄
    ██▄           ▄████████████▀
    █████▄▄      ▐█████████████▀
     █████████▄▄▄▄▐████████████▌
    █▄█████████████████████████▌
    ▀██████████████████████████
      ▀███████████████████████
      ▐██████████████████████
        ▀██████████████████▀
          ▄▄█████████████▀
    ▀████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄██████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████
   ████████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
   ███████████████      ██████
   ██████████████▌   ▐█████████
   ████████████▀▀    ▀▀▀██████
   ████████████         ██████
   ████████████████████████████
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█  ███
█   
█  ███
█   
█  ███
█   
█  ███

███  █
    █
███  █
    █
███  █
    █
███  █
Stockcoin

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 06:40:58 PM

http://www.lovecrypto.com/vote
http://mintbay.net/
http://mintcoinfund.org/

Time to buy some more MINTs at this great price! Smiley

deadmanwalking

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 06:47:05 PM

I think reddit should be a top priority. With that being said, the tip pot is probably the best option to promote the coin to the entire crypto community there.
I think that mint needs some one to that, well lets say professionally, i mean some one that really knows how reddit works and that can really well push the right buttons there.
If there is some one that would like to do that i would be ready to give a nice donation, i guess if this person is doing a GREAT job, there will be more people that will like to donate.
Well this were my 2 satoshi on this matter Smiley

I think that's a good idea. I would throw some mint at the proposal. We need someone with a lot of "Karma"...a long time Reddit user to start tipping some Mint.

Of course, this doesn't mean people can't tip on their own. Doge community tips like crazy and they have over 75000 subscribers on their subreddit  Shocked Doge was my first crypto purchase because of this. I knew what Dogecoin was before I knew what Bitcoin was, no kidding.  Even if Mint gets to 10000 subscribers I think our low satoshi days would be over.

\
elizabeth00

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 06:49:17 PM

VOTE FOR MINTCOIN
please donate for dev.
BTC: 13MVMftimCmpQEsryo47pTs97ubmwkT31Y
LTC: Lh9ChfS1X3YWXmapr66nQjj3qZmys3qkNw
DOGE: DJMxzVrURhmsWFZHCjK5kDVHEqP5FcfGvy
Jeff Jefferson

Activity: 307
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 07:12:05 PM

do you guys know whether someone is working on a light weight wallet? like there are those for doge e.g.
DougB62

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 07:32:01 PM

http://www.lovecrypto.com/vote
http://mintbay.net/
http://mintcoinfund.org/

Time to buy some more MINTs at this great price! Smiley

Yessirreee! Just scooped me up another 1.1+ Million! My wallet is getting happier and happier!!  Grin
Beaverslayer

Activity: 230

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 07:42:36 PM

do you guys know whether someone is working on a light weight wallet? like there are those for doge e.g.

I tried to contact the developer of the Multi-Doge wallet and this is what I got back..

The following message to <info@multidoge.org> was undeliverable.
The reason for the problem:
5.4.7 - Delivery expired (message too old) 'DNS Soft Error looking up multidoge.org (MX) while asking recursive_nameserver0.parent. Error was: unable to reach nameserver on any valid IP'

I'm sure someone here would be able to hunbt someone down that would be able to do this.
stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 10:35:32 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2014, 10:56:10 PM by stormia

I know I shouldn't talk about BC but this is worth mentioning. IE just admitted to purposely driving the price of WC down, and attempting to extort the WC devs to get him to stop. He also alludes to possibly having done the same thing with the price of Mint. I'd just like to say, I am glad this community has never resorted to this type of "business tactic"- which would likely be criminal in the real world- and that it is impressive if this is where Mint stands after having been targeted by this type of market manipulation.

JUST 15 MILLIONS COINS LEFT
IF YOU ARE LATE CACH THE NEXT STOP 2000 SAT

WHITE IS RIGHT
WhiteCoin

True Story

Earlier today I was contacted by Slaxt via PM. He said he wanted to discuss something with me and he asked me to keep whatever we discussed private. I agreed and he asked if I would go on Skype because he didn't want to discuss via PM. I kindly declined and told him he can email me if he requires privacy. After some back and forth he claimed he was contracted by the WC dev team to negotiate a "truce". They basically want me to stop driving their sh!t coin into the ground. To make a long story short I told him if he wanted a "truce" the devs will have to give a 3.8 BTC or 500,000 WC peace offering to the BC community. Of course I didn't get a reply and a few minutes later they broke their word and discussed our "negotiations" openly. Now the price is 10,000,000 WC for wasting my time. Let this be a warning to other developers looking to clone BC and blatantly steal from this community. If you blatantly copy BC and our model you will either have to donate to this community or I will personally make sure you end up like MintCoin. If you want to create a coin that is perfectly fine, but do not do it at this community expense!!!

DougB62

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 10:51:25 PM

I know I shouldn't talk about BC but this is worth mentioning. IE just admitted to purposely driving the price of WC down, and attempting to extort the WC devs to get him to stop. He also alludes to possibly having done the same thing with the price of Mint. I'd just like to say, I am glad this community has never resorted to this type of "business tactic"- which would likely be criminal in the real world- and that it is impressive if this is where Mint stands after having been targeted by this type of market manipulation.

WHITE IS RIGHT
WhiteCoin

True Story

Earlier today I was contacted by Slaxt via PM. He said he wanted to discuss something with me and he asked me to keep whatever we discussed private. I agreed and he asked if I would go on Skype because he didn't want to discuss via PM. I kindly declined and told him he can email me if he requires privacy. After some back and forth he claimed he was contracted by the WC dev team to negotiate a "truce". They basically want me to stop driving their sh!t coin into the ground. To make a long story short I told him if he wanted a "truce" the devs will have to give a 3.8 BTC or 500,000 WC peace offering to the BC community. Of course I didn't get a reply and a few minutes later they broke their word and discussed our "negotiations" openly. Now the price is 10,000,000 WC for wasting my time. Let this be a warning to other developers looking to clone BC and blatantly steal from this community. If you blatantly copy BC and our model you will either have to donate to this community or I will personally make sure you end up like MintCoin. If you want to create a coin that is perfectly fine, but do not do it at this community expense!!!

Undecided Jeez...  Angry
WALKEN-COIN

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

Parsec Frontiers Pre-Sale 24.01.2018

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 10:52:45 PM

WHITE IS RIGHT
WhiteCoin

True Story

Shocked

LOL

What a tool. Sucks to be him.

███
           ██▀██
          ██   ██
▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██     ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
████████▄   ███    █████████▄   █████████  █████████▀  █████████
███   ▀██  █████   ███   ▀███  ████▀       ███        ███▀   ▀███
███   ▄█▀ ███▀███  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄     ███▄▄▄▄▄  ███       ▀
███████▀ ███   ███ ▀████████▀   ▀███████   ████████  ███
███▀▀▀  ███     ███ ▀█▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███  ███       ███       ▄
███    ███       ███ ▀   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███▄   ▄███
███   ███ ▄█████▄ ███     ███  ▀███████▀   ██████████  █████████
                   ███                                   ▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███  ▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████▄ ███ ▀██████    ████    █████████████████  ██████████  █████████▄   █████████
███        ███    ▀█▄ ███    ▀███   █████   ███    ███    ███  ███         ███   ▀███  ████▀
███        ███    ▄██  ███     ███  ██████  ███    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄
████████████████████▀ ▄ ███    ███  ███ ███ ███    ███    ███  ██████████  █████████▀   ▀███████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀███   █▄ ███  ███   ███  ██████    ███    ███  ███         ███▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███
███        ███   ███   █▄ ███ ▀█    ███   █████    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███
███        ███    ███   ▀  ▀█▀      ███    ████    ███    ███  ██████████  ███    ███  ▀███████▀

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███
[]
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Discord
Facebook
Twitter
stormia

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 10:56:36 PM

WHITE IS RIGHT
WhiteCoin

True Story

Yup, looks like he is admitting to purposely driving the price of Mint down. He says Mint "died" on its own, but that he keeps having to come back to "roll over it" and make sure it stays dead... I didn't know things could come back alive after they died? Overall, this is a good sign for Mint. It means that Mint is currently artificially underpriced!

WHITE IS RIGHT
WhiteCoin

True Story

So you are admitting to attempting to extort the WC devs, you are admitting to purposely pushing the price down of another coin and running an extortion racket? Are you also admitting that you are personally responsible for pushing down the price of MintCoin in an attempt to destroy it? Wow. I am speechless. This is what it has come to in cryptos?

Yes to everything but Mint...Mint died on its own I just like keep rolling over it now and then to make sure it is dead. There are a lot of people who worked hard to get BC to where it is. I do not care about devs launching new coins, I am sure I will invest in another innovative coin one day. However, the WC devs started a "war" they couldn't fight. First they copied our model and blatantly called their coin "WhiteCoin". Then to add insult to injury they started spamming this thread with WC propaganda. So yes I made it my personal mission to destroy WC, and yes I did tell the devs they need to pay this community a royalty for their actions. And for the record I bought more cheap WC earlier this morning when it was around 800 sat. I will patiently wait again and push it down some more until they get the message. Don't f..k with BlackCoin..period..

David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 11:07:20 PM

I am questionning Iconic's sanity. Did hunger for money made him that mad? Or the feeling of falling from his pedestal?
Even BC holders ridicule him
I for long thought Iconic was just a sincere albeit overzealous community manager (I assume good faith with people). Now I am considering some darker things. Consider this

There are MILLIONS of dollars at risk here, and I am not in the habit of losing money for fun.

If (I repeat IF) this is true, this mean we have truly dangerous people in front of us. I always considered Iconic was sincere just overzealous. Now my position is changing. I think this person has gone crazy because of money. I am seriously questionning either his sanity or his honesty.

See where hunger for money can lead. I don't like to use the word "mafia", but well...

Back on track: I believe Iconic will have a lot of work to do with BC going down, WC soon ending its PoW period and CINNI being at least partially created by the "traitor" rat4. This plus its scheme against MINT being seemingly exposed, Mint could go better in the future. I know some whales are interested in massively buying mint for long term. Plus, as stormia said:
and that it is impressive if this is where Mint stands after having been targeted by this type of market manipulation.
And
Overall, this is a good sign for Mint. It means that Mint is currently artificially underpriced!

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 11:14:21 PM

I was thinking about buying MINT but since it's made a formidable enemy with Blackcoin I'm not too sure it's a good investment if it's going to keep getting pounded?
stormia

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 11:27:10 PM

I was thinking about buying MINT but since it's made a formidable enemy with Blackcoin I'm not too sure it's a good investment if it's going to keep getting pounded?

Go ahead and advertise the fact that the BC community representative is purposely pushing the price of other coins down in the name of BC. Yep, keep reminding people that other coins are artificially low priced while BC is artificially high priced ("black shield" is just large stake holders putting up huge fake buy walls to keep the price above where the market wants to go naturally). These facts will not help BC, and it will only help the other coins. The Mint and BC feud is old news, BC is going around making plenty of new "enemies" maybe you should focus on them. Nobody else wants "enemies" here, what is this?
Pages: « 1 ... 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 [694] 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: