Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:14:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 [689] 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369739 times)
stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 09:15:44 PM

How about we stop focusing on the current price, and instead focus on the fact that this coin is actually working to do something beneficial for the world (http://mintcoinfund.org/) and beneficial for all PoS cryptocurrencies (android wallet). People are so shortsighted in cryptos... long term goals take time...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
alphaminer21

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 09:18:00 PM

I love how this thread discusses BC so much.  Maybe it's because you guys still think you're in the same league.

It's always the same people posting about how great Mintcoin is and then pat each other on the back for 10-15 posts.  There are a lot of coins out there where the dev is still highly active and open in the community whereas Mintcoin...

As for the people selling their mint, the large bag holders are out of money, there isn't enough buy depth to unload all their mint, but the smaller players still have an out.  You can take your money out and put it into another coin which is better then watching it slowly fall to 5 satoshis...

It's too bad those sell walls aren't fake, they look to be the real deal, buy into them and see if they disappear.  You can hope for another pump but so much sell walls to break and that's not including all the people looking to unload.

And I've said it before and I'll say it again, what's the point of minting 20% a year when the price falls 10% every other week.  I guess your small circle ran out of pockets to prop the price up.
stormia

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 09:19:55 PM

it can't go below zero, but it can go TO zero. and who is doing that is going to make it go to zero before they are able to sell a significant amount of their stash.

They are better off if they dump at market price and get that 12 or BTC in buy orders.

No one is going to buy at 12 if a 10 BTC sell order is hanging over their head at 13, not to mention almost 200 BTC in sell orders above that. That would be suicide.  

I think it may be too late for this coin.

I love how this thread discusses BC so much.  Maybe it's because you guys still think you're in the same league.

It's always the same people posting about how great Mintcoin is and then pat each other on the back for 10-15 posts.  There are a lot of coins out there where the dev is still highly active and open in the community whereas Mintcoin...

As for the people selling their mint, the large bag holders are out of money, there isn't enough buy depth to unload all their mint, but the smaller players still have an out.  You can take your money out and put it into another coin which is better then watching it slowly fall to 5 satoshis...

It's too bad those sell walls aren't fake, they look to be the real deal, buy into them and see if they disappear.  You can hope for another pump but so much sell walls to break and that's not including all the people looking to unload.

And I've said it before and I'll say it again, what's the point of minting 20% a year when the price falls 10% every other week.  I guess your small circle ran out of pockets to prop the price up.

Nobody was talking about BC until mr_random and you showed up. Please go troll somewhere else. We were discussing the release of http://mintcoinfund.org/ and the upcoming android wallet.. and, no surprise, such developments triggered an onslaught of trolling. If BC thinks it is so "out of Mint's league", then why do BC shills still use their precious time to come over here and rain on Mint's parade? As soon as some good news is released, on cue the BC trolls are back again.
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 09:25:05 PM

How about we stop focusing on the current price, and instead focus on the fact that this coin is actually working to do something beneficial for the world (http://mintcoinfund.org/) and beneficial for all PoS cryptocurrencies (android wallet).
Well said. Look at Karmacoin: they should be an example for all of us.

Price-focus DOES work... for a time. Because the price cannot increase forever. Litecoin had a focus: GPU-hostile (then later ASIC-hostile). Peercoin has one thing too: first PoS. Mastercoin also has one, and so has NxT. Crypto whose only goal is to increase in price are essentially calling for a quick death, once the price stops increasing - because most supporters are just mercenary - nothing wrong about that, we're in finance after all, as long as you are fine with it. Or else they find themselves a cause, a raison d'être beyond mere price increase. Even blitzcoin has a cause: day-trading!

We have a cause. And we intend to shape it.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
moderndezigns

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 09:26:24 PM

Please remember to like our Facebook  https://www.facebook.com/MintCoin?ref=br_tf
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 09:27:31 PM

As soon as some good news is released, on cue the BC trolls are back again.
As strange as it is, could it be jealousy? Or even worse, "meeeh, people are talking about something else than us!"

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 09:28:57 PM

You know what? Things are going so fast at the moment, between Mintcoin Fund, Android Wallet, various updates... That I did not eat yet Smiley

Today was a good day!

Ghepetto

Activity: 285
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 09:34:37 PM

I love how this thread discusses BC so much.  Maybe it's because you guys still think you're in the same league.

It's always the same people posting about how great Mintcoin is and then pat each other on the back for 10-15 posts.  There are a lot of coins out there where the dev is still highly active and open in the community whereas Mintcoin...

As for the people selling their mint, the large bag holders are out of money, there isn't enough buy depth to unload all their mint, but the smaller players still have an out.  You can take your money out and put it into another coin which is better then watching it slowly fall to 5 satoshis...

It's too bad those sell walls aren't fake, they look to be the real deal, buy into them and see if they disappear.  You can hope for another pump but so much sell walls to break and that's not including all the people looking to unload.

And I've said it before and I'll say it again, what's the point of minting 20% a year when the price falls 10% every other week.  I guess your small circle ran out of pockets to prop the price up.

Translation;

BC is down 25% again and is on a wicked roller coaster ride please dump your mint and come save my coin from falling because it is about to die.

Nobody EVER gets back onto a roller coaster ride that just made them puke.

Check out the AUR one month graph on Craptsy and do the same for BC,  enjoy the fiscal cliff and stop spreading FUD to add to your flailing pumps and dumps.  

Even if MINT falls to 1 sat it wont matter long term.  

I got 99 bags & BC ain't one    

--------------------Bagholder Extraordinaire--------------------
alphaminer21

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 09:41:06 PM

Nobody was talking about BC until mr_random and you showed up. Please go troll somewhere else. We were discussing the release of http://mintcoinfund.org/ and the upcoming android wallet.. and, no surprise, such developments triggered an onslaught of trolling. If BC thinks it is so "out of Mint's league", then why do BC shills still use their precious time to come over here and rain on Mint's parade? As soon as some good news is released, on cue the BC trolls are back again.

My post is for the people on the fence deciding whether they should take their losses and move on or grab a pail (requires BTC) and help save the boat.  I have never once said that I supported BC yet you claim that I am and continue to do so, but here is some food for thought since you keep trying to attack me and ignore the arguments.

Mintcoin Fund:  How is something that dumps Mintcoins onto the market supposed to increase the price of Mint?  Awareness? People already know of Mint.
Various Updates:  What does this even mean?  Fixing grammar and spelling mistakes are consider updates.
Android Wallet:  Something that actually has some merit.  But if it's closed source, you're going to get burned by the alt community, if it's open everyone is just going to copy it and you have nothing again.

For those of you that don't know, whales move the altcoin markets, and I can't see them pushing through all the sell walls and all the whales circling to unload.  About 50% is being held by the top 50 wallets, mintcoins are so concentrated at the top, that I don't see any pumping group risking going too high on this coin.

But lets continue talking about BC, this is BC thread 1.1 after all.
dille71

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 09:41:33 PM

Price is just fine if it stays around 10-15 sat for the rest of this year imo.
What worries me is the low buy support/volume..
The fund is a great thing but when projects start to recieve donations and they want to convert their mints to fiat, what will happen then when virtually no one want to buy their mints?

Allmost everybody that buy cryptocurrencies these days are in it for short time profit. If a coin have no volume / no action it will be forgotten.

Scan through btt and you will find that allmost no one mention mintcoin.

How can we change that?

Mintcoin: MsFGc9atNN6DddEsQHiq7MgDieoSLwtmg5
InformationCoin: Je4ZhmQBSd68oZ7CeXWMrWEsyprTXAVFuX
moderndezigns

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 09:42:59 PM

Everyone please help support the Mintcoin Thunderclap campaign.  Mintcoin on Earthday  support https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/10998-sonoma-county-redwood-reforest
moderndezigns

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 09:46:38 PM

How can we change that?
[/quote]

We are working on an advertising team if you are interested in possibly joining please contact David.
dille71

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 09:50:47 PM

I have never once said that I supported BC
Still you and mr_random keep bring up bc in this thread.
NO ONE talked about it until you guys did.

David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 09:51:34 PM

Mintcoin Fund:  How is something that dumps Mintcoins onto the market supposed to increase the price of Mint?  Awareness? People already know of Mint.
Mintcoin Fund is not about raising Mint price. It is about accomplishing a goal. Increasing mint price is just a consequence. That's why it works, because, as I said before here and on another community thread, a coin without a cause can only go that far.
Various Updates:  What does this even mean?  Fixing grammar and spelling mistakes are consider updates.
It meant "too much things I don't feel like detailling once, because anyway, they will show up by themselves. A dev rarely mention every debugging he did or every optimization he made. He just said "I was working on this". Same here.
Android Wallet:  Something that actually has some merit.  But if it's closed source, you're going to get burned by the alt community, if it's open everyone is just going to copy it and you have nothing again.
Please read above. Condition for the bounty was that it would be open-source so it will be open-source. Yes, it will be copied by anyone and this is a good thing - as long as we accept the fact that it will be and we try to capitalise on this. We are about transparency and bringing something more than satoshi to the crypto-world. And we deliver.
For those of you that don't know, whales move the altcoin markets, and I can't see them pushing through all the sell walls and all the whales circling to unload.  About 50% is being held by the top 50 wallets, mintcoins are so concentrated at the top, that I don't see any pumping group risking going too high on this coin.
This is real issue for every crypto. The Gini index for crypto is catastropic. I am thinking of some ideas to reduce this but nothing clear for the moment. At least, not clear enough that I feel confident to say out loud in the open.

David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 09:52:55 PM

Everyone please help support the Mintcoin Thunderclap campaign.  Mintcoin on Earthday  support https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/10998-sonoma-county-redwood-reforest
Just did.

dille71

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 09:57:53 PM

Just did.
Me too Smiley

Kergekoin

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 09:59:16 PM

Come on guys.  Cheesy

******  NB! The links below are affiliate - friend type links, which bring additional benefits both, to you and me  ******
Binance - Best Crypto Trading Platform          CoinBase - Fastest way from FIAT to Crypto
Windscribe - The quickest and easyest way to secure and anonymize your internet traffic
alphaminer21

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 09:59:28 PM

Mintcoin Fund is not about raising Mint price. It is about accomplishing a goal. Increasing mint price is just a consequence. That's why it works, because, as I said before here and on another community thread, a coin without a cause can only go that far.
"Mintcoin Fund is not about raising Mint price"

It meant "too much things I don't feel like detailling once, because anyway, they will show up by themselves. A dev rarely mention every debugging he did or every optimization he made. He just said "I was working on this". Same here.
Just detail 1 or 2 big things, we don't need the details of everything.

Please read above. Condition for the bounty was that it would be open-source so it will be open-source. Yes, it will be copied by anyone and this is a good thing - as long as we accept the fact that it will be and we try to capitalise on this. We are about transparency and bringing something more than satoshi to the crypto-world. And we deliver.
Great news, while you're all about transparency can you show us a ledger for the 700 million premine?

This is real issue for every crypto. The Gini index for crypto is catastropic. I am thinking of some ideas to reduce this but nothing clear for the moment. At least, not clear enough that I feel confident to say out loud in the open.

A better distribution of coins would help.
stormia

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 10:02:18 PM

Come on guys.  Cheesy

But they are clearly SO hungry! I wonder why they suddenly felt the need to come back here?
WALKEN-COIN

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

Parsec Frontiers Pre-Sale 24.01.2018

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 10:23:41 PM

Done!

Is there a way to make the embed for the Thunderclap work on the forum?

███
           ██▀██
          ██   ██
▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██     ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
████████▄   ███    █████████▄   █████████  █████████▀  █████████
███   ▀██  █████   ███   ▀███  ████▀       ███        ███▀   ▀███
███   ▄█▀ ███▀███  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄     ███▄▄▄▄▄  ███       ▀
███████▀ ███   ███ ▀████████▀   ▀███████   ████████  ███
███▀▀▀  ███     ███ ▀█▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███  ███       ███       ▄
███    ███       ███ ▀   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███▄   ▄███
███   ███ ▄█████▄ ███     ███  ▀███████▀   ██████████  █████████
                   ███                                   ▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███  ▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████▄ ███ ▀██████    ████    █████████████████  ██████████  █████████▄   █████████
███        ███    ▀█▄ ███    ▀███   █████   ███    ███    ███  ███         ███   ▀███  ████▀
███        ███    ▄██  ███     ███  ██████  ███    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄
████████████████████▀ ▄ ███    ███  ███ ███ ███    ███    ███  ██████████  █████████▀   ▀███████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀███   █▄ ███  ███   ███  ██████    ███    ███  ███         ███▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███
███        ███   ███   █▄ ███ ▀█    ███   █████    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███
███        ███    ███   ▀  ▀█▀      ███    ████    ███    ███  ██████████  ███    ███  ▀███████▀

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███
[]
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Discord
Facebook
Twitter
Pages: « 1 ... 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 [689] 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: