Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 11:24:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 [318] 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369740 times)
deadmanwalking

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 01:03:03 AM

lol this is all a scam.. if buys are plentifull... they will just dump through them.

Thanks for chiming in Mr. 1 post. I wonder what kind of agenda you have? Roll Eyes

\
bjmillican4

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 01:03:45 AM

When i opened my wallet yesterday I was getting new Mint from minting every 20-30 min up until around 10am this morning then it stopped.  Is this normal?  My wallet is still super slow and making my pc unusable for anything else.  This started around 8 am today.  If Im done minting I guess I can close the wallet and actually use my pc again.  I cant believe Im the only person with this issue.

You might close your wallet for a while and reopen it later.  You don't have to leave the wallet running to keep your coindays.

I am running a client always with just a few coins in it to verify transactions and act as a peer in the network, but I keep my main wallet offline.

Tried that.  When I closed the wallet for a few hours, I dont get any minting.  It seems it the transactions would be waiting for the wallet to open.  Is this not the case?  If i was getting Mint every 20-30 min with wallet, but none while wallet is closed, it seems the wallet would always have to be open to get credit.  But then the computer is unusble for anything else.  Its an i7 with 16gb of ram.  What the hell could the wallet be doing to hog that much of my resources?

Just out of curiosity, where did you download the wallet from? From the link in the OP? Was just thinking that if it wasn't from that link, it could be malware??? (I realize this is probably not the case, but had to ask.)

Yep, from the original OP.  I downloaded again this morning and tried it on a different pc.  I'm simply wondering if the wallet is supposed to be so resource intensive during minting.  Every time I click on any feature of the wallet, I get "Not Responding" for 2-3 minutes, then the action will process.  The another click, same thing.  Nothing else will function very well either.  For example, if I click a new tab in chrome, nothing happens for 2-3 minutes.  Just so everyone is clear to my question.  IS THE WALLET EXTREMELY RESOURCE INTENSIVE DURING THE MINTING PROCESS?  Also, when my wallet stopped minting today I was curious as to whether that was normal, or is there some other problem.  I don't need help with the math, I'm not done minting yet, but I didn't know exactly how the process worked until tokyopotato explained it.

I'm using an i7 with 16gb ram.  I also tried on an i5, 8gb ram laptop with the same results.  Both running win7 64bit.  To put it in perspective, I can use Windows faster on my AMD quad running 3 R9 290's.  It just doesn't seem like the minting process should be that intensive.  Even a few hours after I stopped receiving coins, nothing changed.  This is my first time with a POS coin.  I just want to know if this is normal, or whether I have a problem with my wallet. A simple "yes this is normal" or "no, you have a problem" will suffice.  I can figure in out from there.

pretty sure its a problem with your setup / network. Im minting since days and have like 20 other tasks running on my pc without a problem. No lags here.

Thank you.  I've been trying to get a simple answer like this all day.  There's not much else I can do here. So I'll limp along.  Just so everyone is clear, I said since my first post that it was most likely a problem on my end.  I'm in no way trying to blame the development team for my problems.  Maybe I didn't make that clear, because it's seems like some people get a little sensitive and take it personally when they think you might be putting down their coin.  I get it, I'm married, I deal with this all the time.

If I'm able to get things going with no lag, I'll post some info.  Otherwise, I'm done.  It's just to emotionally traumatic to try and get any answers here.
arandy

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 01:04:10 AM

lol this is all a scam.. if buys are plentifull... they will just dump through them.

OMG you're right I dump everything straight away
afxxx

Activity: 52
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 01:09:56 AM

When i opened my wallet yesterday I was getting new Mint from minting every 20-30 min up until around 10am this morning then it stopped.  Is this normal?  My wallet is still super slow and making my pc unusable for anything else.  This started around 8 am today.  If Im done minting I guess I can close the wallet and actually use my pc again.  I cant believe Im the only person with this issue.

You might close your wallet for a while and reopen it later.  You don't have to leave the wallet running to keep your coindays.

I am running a client always with just a few coins in it to verify transactions and act as a peer in the network, but I keep my main wallet offline.

Tried that.  When I closed the wallet for a few hours, I dont get any minting.  It seems it the transactions would be waiting for the wallet to open.  Is this not the case?  If i was getting Mint every 20-30 min with wallet, but none while wallet is closed, it seems the wallet would always have to be open to get credit.  But then the computer is unusble for anything else.  Its an i7 with 16gb of ram.  What the hell could the wallet be doing to hog that much of my resources?

Just out of curiosity, where did you download the wallet from? From the link in the OP? Was just thinking that if it wasn't from that link, it could be malware??? (I realize this is probably not the case, but had to ask.)

Yep, from the original OP.  I downloaded again this morning and tried it on a different pc.  I'm simply wondering if the wallet is supposed to be so resource intensive during minting.  Every time I click on any feature of the wallet, I get "Not Responding" for 2-3 minutes, then the action will process.  The another click, same thing.  Nothing else will function very well either.  For example, if I click a new tab in chrome, nothing happens for 2-3 minutes.  Just so everyone is clear to my question.  IS THE WALLET EXTREMELY RESOURCE INTENSIVE DURING THE MINTING PROCESS?  Also, when my wallet stopped minting today I was curious as to whether that was normal, or is there some other problem.  I don't need help with the math, I'm not done minting yet, but I didn't know exactly how the process worked until tokyopotato explained it.

I'm using an i7 with 16gb ram.  I also tried on an i5, 8gb ram laptop with the same results.  Both running win7 64bit.  To put it in perspective, I can use Windows faster on my AMD quad running 3 R9 290's.  It just doesn't seem like the minting process should be that intensive.  Even a few hours after I stopped receiving coins, nothing changed.  This is my first time with a POS coin.  I just want to know if this is normal, or whether I have a problem with my wallet. A simple "yes this is normal" or "no, you have a problem" will suffice.  I can figure in out from there.

pretty sure its a problem with your setup / network. Im minting since days and have like 20 other tasks running on my pc without a problem. No lags here.

Thank you.  I've been trying to get a simple answer like this all day.  There's not much else I can do here. So I'll limp along.  Just so everyone is clear, I said since my first post that it was most likely a problem on my end.  I'm in no way trying to blame the development team for my problems.  Maybe I didn't make that clear, because it's seems like some people get a little sensitive and take it personally when they think you might be putting down their coin.  I get it, I'm married, I deal with this all the time.

If I'm able to get things going with no lag, I'll post some info.  Otherwise, I'm done.  It's just to emotionally traumatic to try and get any answers here.

try to disable background tasks or try on a clean os, if you still run into problems you have some network issue..
kcanup
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 01:10:59 AM

this is just a crappy clone of velocitycoin/peercoin.

it will die.

Everybody are crypto expert here, King of their own  Grin Grin Grin
deadmanwalking

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 01:13:20 AM

Here is a sneak peak of the wallet coming up.

There is even the possibility of extra features being integrated into the wallet but more of that later.

www.mintcoin.cc

Scroll down the homepage and look at the testimonials (the team is growing).
Looking great!!
A sugestion: Add a button or menu option to unlock wallet for minting. MANY people seem to have a problem unlocking it...

Bringing this to front. More user friendly wallet, somewhere on here it was mentioned a button for unlocking the wallet would be implemented.

That looks great! Can't wait until it's released.

Been on this thread for a while now, and I've come to the conclusion that the best thing we can do for Mint is make the most user-friendly  wallet in the crypto world.

Here are a few suggestions:

1. Simple button to unlock wallet for minting.
2. Multi-wallet functionality (one for saving\minting, one for spending)
3. Lists of Coin age for different groupings of coins.

Please add to this list. I really believe this could differentiate us in a very meaningful way.
Sorry for the re post, just trying to gain some traction here. My last attempt for now  Grin

\
lostmojo

Activity: 91

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 01:21:10 AM

the pos dumping has started, get out now while there are still suckers buying

Miley Cyrus Coin: LaB1XqDS65DhXdyWgsamPR8xUBtzSh9Jw5
DougB62

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

Banned: For Your Protection

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 01:22:00 AM

Thanks for chiming in Mr. 1 post. I wonder what kind of agenda you have? Roll Eyes
It's probably Ginger... or one of his Alter's...
DLow

Activity: 616

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 01:22:21 AM

There is even the possibility of extra features being integrated into the wallet but more of that later.

www.mintcoin.cc

Looking great!!
A sugestion: Add a button or menu option to unlock wallet for minting. MANY people seem to have a problem unlocking it...

Bringing this to front. More user friendly wallet, somewhere on here it was mentioned a button for unlocking the wallet would be implemented.

Been on this thread for a while now, and I've come to the conclusion that the best thing we can do for Mint is make the most user-friendly  wallet in the crypto world.

Please add to this list. I really believe this could differentiate us in a very meaningful way.
Sorry for the re post, just trying to gain some traction here. My last attempt for now  Grin

that looks horrible. drop the gradient in the background and the beveled corners..
litemaster

Activity: 169

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 01:51:03 AM

50,000+ mint showed up in my wallet as STAKE, then disappeared. Twice!!!

I have many millions of mint in my wallet and was expecting POS to start soon, but I wasn't expecting it to disappear soon after it showed up in my wallet.
So I am wondering WTF is going on with my wallet that 50,000+ mint would show up in STAKE and then disappear.
Any ideas on why my stake has vanished from the front page of my wallet? I don't see it as transactions in received, but it sure was in my wallet a while ago right below the balance in the stake line..

Any others have this problem?

BITCOIN: 13UY67yfRjRVMR6hauZJbauHiDfeM2qXSg
MINTCOIN: MdVzxTfLDrzdij9vpee1YJGotBahfsfmqs
ASIACOIN: AH7dunb5G99XzCNj1KnGCdPkqc27pRPfBu
bjmillican4

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 01:55:34 AM

I'm the pain in the ass that's been trying to figure out the lag time problem with my Mint wallet.  I finally got it to work correctly with no lag.  If anyone else is having the same problem, I hope this helps.  

I did a clean install of Mint wallet version 1.4 from the OP.

I DID NOT use the conf file in the OP, my conf file from version 1.1, or any conf file at all.

I just downloaded the wallet, opened it, and it started syncing with 12 active connections.  No lag now.  It works perfect.

I have no idea why.  I'm guessing there was a conflict of some sort with the conf file.  It worked fine with 1.1.

I hope I haven't ruffled too many feathers.  Maybe this will save some others some time.
Party Hard

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 01:59:10 AM

www.mintcoin.cc

Looking great!!

that looks horrible. drop the gradient in the background and the beveled corners..

I love how things are 'horrible' and other hyperbolic terms of endearment on this forum. For the record, I like the corners. And I especially like people stepping up and trying to make a positive contribution. +1 on effort, style, and cojones Alty!

Ladies ladies, one at a time.
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 02:00:19 AM

Quote from: MintcoinFX date=1393720217
Amazing news !

I've managed to get Thunderclap.it to accept promotion of our Free Mintcoin Giveaway via twitter @FreeMintCoin - Started March 2014 (Ongoing) - See: http://www.mintcointalk.com/index.php/topic,59.0.html

@FreeMintCoin Thunderclap - See: https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/9388-free-mintcoin-giveaway

We only need 100 Supporters by 28th March 2014. If we get those 100 supporters (people who link the Thunderclap.it App to their social media account) then our message instantly gets retweeted to ALL their followers. It's called social reach and it can be MASSIVE in sending MintCoin 'viral' almost instantly.

Simply log into your social media account (twitter, facebook and/or tumblr) then go to the link above and click on the relevant 'Support With' Button.

The tweet sent on the 29th of March 2014 (if we get 100 supporters) links to the forum giveaway promo and to the mintcoin.cc website.

Thank you !
(source: mintcointalk)

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
CharityMiningPools

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 02:01:38 AM

CharityMiningPools - Donate to Charity while you Mine!

Brand new pool, need miners!  Smiley

mint.charityminingpools.com

PROMOTIONS!
1. 1000 MINT Block Finder Rewards!

2. Signup and start mining MINT today at CharityMiningPools and receive 0% pool fees for the life of your MINT account.
*     PM me here at BitcoinTalk to inform me that you have signed up for the promotion with your username
**   Must mine on the site for a minimum 3 hours to qualify
*** Promotion active until we reach 150+ mh/s (Anyone signed up before that point will get 0% pool fees after mining for 3+ hours)
**** Does not apply to the Mandatory 0.5% Donation fee to Charity.

Be a pioneer and help us get started, come mine while making a difference.  

Mandatory 0.5% donation fee goes to the BitGive Foundation this month.  We welcome and encourage you to donate more to a good cause.

STRATUM, VARDIFF, Datacenter Redundant Server Farm, Load Balanced Servers, Frequent Backups
0.5% Mandatory Donation fee to a Good Cause

Who Are We?
CharityMiningPools was created to allow miners the ability to mine coins while still knowing that their hashing power is going towards something good.  Our goal is to provide a positive and reliable service while delivering a small portion of the proceeds to a deserving recipient.  Plans are in the works to allow individual miners to choose where they would like to donate to based on a pool of available recipients.

How Does This Work?
All coins minded at CharityMiningPools will require a mandatory 0.5% Donation fee.  This donation fee will be collected and donated to the designated charitable recipient for that given month.  Though we only require a minimum 0.5% Donation fee, we welcome and encourage our miners to raise the stakes and donate more to a good cause.

Cheers!
CharityMiningPools

CharityMiningPools.com - Donate to Charity While you Mine!
BTC: 1AytEqfVYAywzM1BAKdjZWyjdiok8LgGeS     LTC: LWVPLBniwxBbEizjbe2Ab98Vubq18QGTBt
DOGE: DK4VKsA8kdVbZ2dc2CjNCsEPiPa8a2SF6B     NOTE: DrADbGTxvp4jbDFVgnwTiqk5vbAvqq2xi9
whoopdee

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 02:03:08 AM

I have many millions of mint in my wallet and was expecting POS to start soon, but I wasn't expecting it to disappear soon after it showed up in my wallet.
So I am wondering WTF is going on with my wallet that 50,000+ mint would show up in STAKE and then disappear.
Any ideas on why my stake has vanished from the front page of my wallet? I don't see it as transactions in received, but it sure was in my wallet a while ago right below the balance in the stake line..

not to treat you as if you dont know the mechanics, but its my understanding that its only in stake till confirmed than moves right into your balance.

gl
andyatcrux
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 02:03:52 AM

That is normal. It will show your Proof of Stake coins at first, I guess so you know it applied. Look under Transactions. You should see a bunch of deposits from Minting that still need to confirm. They should add to your balance one at a time as confirmed.
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 02:06:37 AM

Added to the wishlist.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
broken_pixel

Activity: 770

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 02:10:41 AM

Nice design, I hope the devs add multi-wallet.
Please explain multi-wallet.

HoboNickels has multi-wallet.

Multi-Wallet
Support is built into the HoboNickels-qt wallet application for loading and unloading multiple wallets. This allows you to use wallets for different purposes such as: mining, spending, running stake and storing securely offline. In this way you can organize your needs and strike a balance between the need for security, spending and the creation of coins.

http://wiki.hobonickels.info/index.php?title=Multi-Wallet

GA-990FXA-UD5, 1x 7970L, 2x S1, AX1200i, RIVBE, 2x R290x, NEX1500, BTC: 1G9cQix8bMgh35MQ9wY3Rb9yNSSCtnoRmK, DGC: DFo9FcKYsutv9Vx5c5xUzkrt7VJdECZWTM, LTC: LaAN33aktPGaimN5ALL9kjHjuJekfmKfTh
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 02:11:01 AM

I'm the pain in the ass that's been trying to figure out the lag time problem with my Mint wallet.  I finally got it to work correctly with no lag.  If anyone else is having the same problem, I hope this helps.

I did a clean install of Mint wallet version 1.4 from the OP.

I DID NOT use the conf file in the OP, my conf file from version 1.1, or any conf file at all.

I just downloaded the wallet, opened it, and it started syncing with 12 active connections.  No lag now.  It works perfect.

I have no idea why.  I'm guessing there was a conflict of some sort with the conf file.  It worked fine with 1.1.

I hope I haven't ruffled too many feathers.  Maybe this will save some others some time.
Added to the wishlist http://www.mintcointalk.com/index.php?topic=263.msg773#msg773, so that the problem doesn't happen for others. I also posted it on mintcointalk.com http://www.mintcointalk.com/index.php?topic=268

David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 02:13:17 AM

HoboNickels has multi-wallet.

Multi-Wallet
Support is built into the HoboNickels-qt wallet application for loading and unloading multiple wallets. This allows you to use wallets for different purposes such as: mining, spending, running stake and storing securely offline. In this way you can organize your needs and strike a balance between the need for security, spending and the creation of coins.

http://wiki.hobonickels.info/index.php?title=Multi-Wallet
Thank you. Updated the wishlist: http://www.mintcointalk.com/index.php?topic=263.msg773#msg773

Pages: « 1 ... 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 [318] 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: