Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:14:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 [320] 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369739 times)
kopam

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 07:38:15 AM

Quote from: MintcoinFX date=1393720217
Amazing news !

I've managed to get Thunderclap.it to accept promotion of our Free Mintcoin Giveaway via twitter @FreeMintCoin - Started March 2014 (Ongoing) - See: http://www.mintcointalk.com/index.php/topic,59.0.html

@FreeMintCoin Thunderclap - See: https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/9388-free-mintcoin-giveaway

We only need 100 Supporters by 28th March 2014. If we get those 100 supporters (people who link the Thunderclap.it App to their social media account) then our message instantly gets retweeted to ALL their followers. It's called social reach and it can be MASSIVE in sending MintCoin 'viral' almost instantly.

Simply log into your social media account (twitter, facebook and/or tumblr) then go to the link above and click on the relevant 'Support With' Button.

The tweet sent on the 29th of March 2014 (if we get 100 supporters) links to the forum giveaway promo and to the mintcoin.cc website.

Thank you !
(source: mintcointalk)

That is great ! Lets do that, 100 supporters is nothing.
I already supported it, gogogo lets get that done for 1 day Smiley

▐▒▄
          ▄▄▌   ▐▒██▒▒▄
       ▄▒███▌     ▀▒███▒▒▄
   ░▒▒██▒▒██▌  ▄▒▄▄   ▀▒███▒▄
   ▐██▒  ▐██▒▒██████▒▄▄   ▐███
   ▐██▌  ▐███▒▀   ▀▀▒██▒   ███
   ▐██▌  ▐██▌       ███   ███
   ▐██▌  ▐██▒▒▄   ▄▄▒███   ███
   ▐██▌   ▀▒███▒▒██▒▀▀   ▐███
   ▐▒███▒▄▄   ▀▒▒▀   ▄▒████▒
       ▀▒███▒▄      ████▒▀
          ▀▀▒███▒   █▀
              ▀▒█
BEXAM
███  █
    █
███  █
    █
███  █
    █
███  █

█  ███
█   
█  ███
█   
█  ███
█   
█  ███

▄████▄
                       ▄▄█████▀▀███
                   ▄▄████▀▀    ███
             ▄▄▄████▀▀   ▄▄   ▐██
         ▄▄█████▀      ▄█▀   ██▌
    ▄▄████▀▀▀      ▄███▀     ██▌
   ████▀       ▄▄████▀      ▐██
    ██████▄▄  ▄█████▀        ██▌
         ▀████████          ▐██
           ▀████▌           ███
            ▀███  ▄██▄▄    ▐██▀
             ███▄███▀███▄   ███
             ▀███▀▀   ▀▀███▄██▌
                         ▀▀█▀▀

▄▄▄██▄▄▄   ▄
    ██▄           ▄████████████▀
    █████▄▄      ▐█████████████▀
     █████████▄▄▄▄▐████████████▌
    █▄█████████████████████████▌
    ▀██████████████████████████
      ▀███████████████████████
      ▐██████████████████████
        ▀██████████████████▀
          ▄▄█████████████▀
    ▀████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄██████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████
   ████████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
   ███████████████      ██████
   ██████████████▌   ▐█████████
   ████████████▀▀    ▀▀▀██████
   ████████████         ██████
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█  ███
█   
█  ███
█   
█  ███
█   
█  ███

███  █
    █
███  █
    █
███  █
    █
███  █
deadmanwalking

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 07:45:10 AM

So any suggestions for the best profitable currency to mine with my 1.5 MHS rig? I really want to get more into mint but it's too hard to mine so I'm looking for something to mine to sell for mint.

Join a multi-pool. https://coinex.pw, or something like that.

\
peter18vb6

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 07:52:56 AM

Can someone explain to me what will happen when the pure PoS is going to happen? I understand the idea I'm wondering about the state of the coin.
With no mining the only way to start minting is by trading which imo would drastacly reduce the coin growth. On top of that everyone would save their coins, none spending which means it will be less likely to see people adding mint to their services. Or am I wrong?
Collegestudent

The blockchain is the future

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 07:55:26 AM

Can someone explain to me what will happen when the pure PoS is going to happen? I understand the idea I'm wondering about the state of the coin.
With no mining the only way to start minting is by trading which imo would drastacly reduce the coin growth. On top of that everyone would save their coins, none spending which means it will be less likely to see people adding mint to their services. Or am I wrong?

Look at bitcoin and that will answer your question.
peter18vb6

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 07:59:10 AM

Bitcoin is a totally different story. It was the first coin that didnt need to compete with 1000's of shitcoins and is not a PoS coin so I dont see the answer there... A better comparison would be NXT...
bjmillican4

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 08:02:28 AM

So any suggestions for the best profitable currency to mine with my 1.5 MHS rig? I really want to get more into mint but it's too hard to mine so I'm looking for something to mine to sell for mint.

Join a multi-pool. https://coinex.pw, or something like that.

Good idea, or you could just buy some if you have any btc.  I try and mine coins that I can hold for a nice profit.  If you don't have btc but have an exchange you like, then find another coin listed on the same exchange that is relatively stable and just mine that.  It will be easier to exchange for Mint with less transaction fees.

I was also kinda serious in my earlier posts about mining crappy coins.  Most of the coins that I declined because I thought they were stupid, have turned out to be relatively profitable in the short term.  Prime examples-Doge and Cat.  Need I say more.

One other thing.  Don't listen to any advice from people in alt coin forums.  They are all nuts.  Except me of course.  I'm only insane.
Collegestudent

The blockchain is the future

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 08:05:20 AM

Bitcoin is a totally different story. It was the first coin that didnt need to compete with 1000's of shitcoins and is not a PoS coin so I dont see the answer there... A better comparison would be NXT...

Yea in a way that is true but what I meant by comparing mintcoin to bitcoin is that everyone is hoarding bitcoins right now and Bitcoins are not even close to the transaction speed of Mintcoin. bitcoin doesnt pay interest either and does not have 'much' room to grow while Mintcoin pays interest and on top of that mintcoin is comparable to the current system of money (interest if you dont spend etc) which is why Mintcoin would be a more prefered choice either as an investment or just for the sake of easy transactions. Yes most people would save their Mintcoins but this will be good because it will increase its value as the higher value people will place on it to obtain it. Mintcoin needs a lot of media and advertising attention as how I see it, most of the giveaways do not introduce new people but give the same mintcoin user more coins.
deadmanwalking

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 08:11:58 AM

Only 28% of total coins will be produced in this initial stage. 50 Billion have yet to be produced through minting. I disagree with you that everyone will save their coins. We don't live in a world of "savers," in fact quite the opposite is true. New coins will enter the market constantly. These are just my opinions, we will have to wait and see what happens. Right now it's cheap to speculate, so I would suggest doing so..up to you though.

\
blueangel01

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

Hello! Send me a message.

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 08:25:33 AM

Only 28% of total coins will be produced in this initial stage. 50 Billion have yet to be produced through minting. I disagree with you that everyone will save their coins. We don't live in a world of "savers," in fact quite the opposite is true. New coins will enter the market constantly. These are just my opinions, we will have to wait and see what happens. Right now it's cheap to speculate, so I would suggest doing so..up to you though.

So if no one could not wait for the 20 days minting, no additional coins will be created?

Msg me if you want me to put anything here.
philipvdlinde

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 08:26:27 AM

Is this coin slowly dying or do you guys still think this coin is going to explode in value like it did last week?
kopam

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 08:27:03 AM

https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/9388-free-mintcoin-giveaway
We are already at 10%, 90 more to go Smiley Lets do it !

▐▒▄
          ▄▄▌   ▐▒██▒▒▄
       ▄▒███▌     ▀▒███▒▒▄
   ░▒▒██▒▒██▌  ▄▒▄▄   ▀▒███▒▄
   ▐██▒  ▐██▒▒██████▒▄▄   ▐███
   ▐██▌  ▐███▒▀   ▀▀▒██▒   ███
   ▐██▌  ▐██▒▒▄   ▄▄▒███   ███
   ▐██▌   ▀▒███▒▒██▒▀▀   ▐███
   ▐▒███▒▄▄   ▀▒▒▀   ▄▒████▒
       ▀▒███▒▄      ████▒▀
          ▀▀▒███▒   █▀
              ▀▒█
BEXAM
███  █
    █
███  █
    █
███  █
    █
███  █

█  ███
█   
█  ███
█   
█  ███
█   
█  ███

▄████▄
                       ▄▄█████▀▀███
                   ▄▄████▀▀    ███
             ▄▄▄████▀▀   ▄▄   ▐██
         ▄▄█████▀      ▄█▀   ██▌
    ▄▄████▀▀▀      ▄███▀     ██▌
   ████▀       ▄▄████▀      ▐██
    ██████▄▄  ▄█████▀        ██▌
         ▀████████          ▐██
           ▀████▌           ███
            ▀███  ▄██▄▄    ▐██▀
             ███▄███▀███▄   ███
             ▀███▀▀   ▀▀███▄██▌
                         ▀▀█▀▀

▄▄▄██▄▄▄   ▄
    ██▄           ▄████████████▀
    █████▄▄      ▐█████████████▀
     █████████▄▄▄▄▐████████████▌
    █▄█████████████████████████▌
    ▀██████████████████████████
      ▀███████████████████████
      ▐██████████████████████
        ▀██████████████████▀
          ▄▄█████████████▀
    ▀████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄██████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
   ███████████████      ██████
   ████████████▀▀    ▀▀▀██████
   ████████████         ██████
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█  ███
█   
█  ███
█   
█  ███
█   
█  ███

███  █
    █
███  █
    █
███  █
    █
███  █
mingophoria

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 08:28:09 AM

hi, when is the last day before the mining starts at 1 coin per block?

Free BITCOINS N LITECOINS in your wallet everyday.
http://qoinpro.com/7314e7c13b16ece2e726a1e32650cd4a
"Pass the Flutter": F8WQXnNgmN9EpN3PWrztrNgDvmLpCjQudD
philipvdlinde

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 08:28:12 AM

the trading  value has died aswell. It came from 1,2 million dollars a day to a measly 80000 now.
tokyopotato
Legendary

Activity: 812

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 08:31:42 AM

Yes you are wrong.  

First of all, couldn't the same thing be said about NXT?

And yet people trade it and use it and perform "forging".

The problem with NXT was that it was not distributed through a mining process and on exchanges immediately, instead the original 73 investors who bought their coins before anyone else had a chance got to distribute it.

Mintcoin allowed anyone who wanted to mine it start mining, and then sell those coins on a exchange for very low prices.  These ultra-low prices allowed a lot of people to get in early and put the coins in their wallet.  Most of them have sold their coins at higher prices and now more people can mint.  

I am pretty tired right now so I don't feel like explaining it all, but just imagine how you would build a network of people if you wanted to make a coin that would last.

Would you rely upon only miners?  Or would you want coin-holders to be able to "mint" or mine coins without needing special hardware? This secures the network without requiring tons of electricity and miners that can create headaches through pool monopolization!

Mintcoin offers a really great distribution mechanism and a great interest generating process that will allow the coin to become well-distributed in a 4 year period, rather than distributed all at once, or distributed over such a long-time that only miners are really rewarded
tokyopotato
Legendary

Activity: 812

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 08:35:44 AM

the trading  value has died aswell. It came from 1,2 million dollars a day to a measly 80000 now.

Hmm...

I can tell you one thing, the moment you sell the price will go up... Wink

But really.  Volumes are not critical at the moment.  Volumes will continue to go up as the coin gains mass adoption. 

Low volumes are not always a bad thing, as lots of micro-transactions are indicative that many people are taking a stake in the coin.  

Volumes are still very high... still the 6th highest on Cryptsy

Not just whales buying and selling.

The coin has definitely been through its' initial pump period.  I highly doubt people will dump their coins at this price considering there is not much time to accumulate them anymore.  

You seem like you are not sure and are not being patient enough to realize.

It might be best for you to liquidate your holdings and watch from the side-lines if you are nervous.
drippx

Activity: 539
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 08:38:37 AM

Pixibug created some new designs:

http://www.mintcointalk.com/index.php?topic=249

The first one is fantastic. Gives a "Wintergreen" mint flavor Wink

Devs please consider changing the current logo. It's so awful and amateurish. These new designs are great!
Do we all get to play with each others work?  Grin

Use this logo but make it lighter green, the current logo is horrible the M looks obese
philipvdlinde

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 08:39:10 AM

yes but its 18th on coinmarketcap. So this coin is not doing well with its volume.
philipvdlinde

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 08:43:47 AM

the trading  value has died aswell. It came from 1,2 million dollars a day to a measly 80000 now.

Hmm...

I can tell you one thing, the moment you sell the price will go up... Wink

But really.  Volumes are not critical at the moment.  Volumes will continue to go up as the coin gains mass adoption. 

Low volumes are not always a bad thing, as lots of micro-transactions are indicative that many people are taking a stake in the coin. 

Volumes are still very high... still the 6th highest on Cryptsy

Not just whales buying and selling.

The coin has definitely been through its' initial pump period.  I highly doubt people will dump their coins at this price considering there is not much time to accumulate them anymore. 

You seem like you are not sure and are not being patient enough to realize.

It might be best for you to liquidate your holdings and watch from the side-lines if you are nervous.

Well I am since mintcoin is the only coins I own at the moment. I am very new to this market and I have barely 2 months of experience. I own 10 million coins though and it would be nice to see my first btc, but I think I can get a lot more for my coins than now since the price of this coin is extremely low. I think 100 satoshis should be reachable but the problem with this mintcoin is that its massive grow stopped and that its stagnating in growth. I also think this coin will die when full pos is activated since a lot of people will immediatly sell all of their holdings since they expect a giant pump.
klabanus

Activity: 34

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 08:47:11 AM

I'm somewhat confused about the POS rewards. Some transactions are greyed out and rather small, but suddenly there is 62k confirmed and in my wallet  Huh Huh

http://i62.tinypic.com/2yzgzle.png

philipvdlinde

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 08:49:13 AM

It would be the smartest if people only make sell orders above the current price, lower sell orders will automatically deplet and higher sell orders will rise, buyers would automatically be forced to purchease mint at a higher price since the minimum price got raised. I am just saying that the people selling at current prices will regret their decisions very much if we don't push the price up.
Pages: « 1 ... 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 [320] 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: