Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:07:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 [557] 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369739 times)
deadmanwalking

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 03:59:05 PM

I think if someone gets that much stake the main danger is a massive sell off. A canny seller would sell in tiny lots so they wouldn't dump the price before they sold out.

I think the actual interest of anyone who held a 51% position would be to do things that maintain or raise price levels.

Exactly. Also, remember that if someone were to start buying up massive amounts of coins there would be a HUGE pump increasing the cost.

And last I checked there were only 600 mil coins for sale on Mintpal to begin with. I hate to keep using peercoin to debunk theories concerning the 51% attack of PoS coins, but they do such a good job.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjL2AgCQDJ0

\

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Crindon

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 04:01:14 PM

FUD Debunked

Mintcoin is safe. VALUABLE coin.

Time to buy more Mintcoin!

Pump incoming and Thunderclap incoming!

Buy now if you are smart.

Mintcoin是安全的。Mintcoin是一個不錯的選擇。

https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/9388-free-mintcoin-giveaway
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 04:02:50 PM

Yawn tell me when mint is at 5 sats
gonzoucab

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 04:04:27 PM

Mint is Facebook.. i thought at first it was gonna be the twitter of economical networks.

Thats the analysis i make with a think group of 22YO Venture capitalists.

Wasn't the first,  came from nowhere, nobody payed attention at first, was better than the competition since the begining.

Its just plain stupid not to invest in Mint in a 2 Year plan.

Im moving a lot of capital towards this coin using my network.

Have fun day trading. im holding 2 years and buying at 14/13  everything that stupid people wanna sell.

deadmanwalking

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 04:05:02 PM

FUD Debunked

Mintcoin is safe. VALUABLE coin.

Time to buy more Mintcoin!

Pump incoming and Thunderclap incoming!

Buy now if you are smart.

Mintcoin是安全的。Mintcoin是一個不錯的選擇。

https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/9388-free-mintcoin-giveaway

Exactly.

\
deadmanwalking

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 04:09:20 PM

For those just dropping by:

Why join Mintcoin?

-Energy efficient! No mining necessary, Mint your coins instead!
-Lightining fast, secure transactions.
-Mint pays 20% interest to people who buy in now.
-Can't afford to buy? People can turn other coins into mintcoin by mining at hashcows right now! https://hashco.ws/ (under account settings change to payout in mint)
-Buy\Sell Mint at for fiat at Switzerland based Moolah.io exchange
-We will be added to regulated, legitimate fiat exchange Vault of Satoshi in April: http://www.coindesk.com/vault-of-satoshi-gets-full-money-services-license-canada/
-Android wallet in the works: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BwpkXqmxmdGScm9lb21pTXhuS00&usp=sharing
-Merchants!

Join the Mint Revolution!

\
mgburks77

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 04:15:21 PM

Mint is Facebook.. i thought at first it was gonna be the twitter of economical networks.

Wasn't the first,  came from nowhere, nobody payed attention at first, was better than the competition since the begining.

Have fun day trading. im holding 2 years and buying at 14/13  everything that stupid people wanna sell.

As more and more folks who are involved in altcoins start to take this attitude coins like MINT are going to start gaining fundamental value and the "pump and dump" scams will fall by the way side.

This is a wise course of action, one that I am following myself. I too have taken the long position on MINT.
gonzoucab

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 04:17:26 PM

As more and more folks who are involved in altcoins start to take this attitude coins like MINT are going to start gaining fundamental value and the "pump and dump" scams will fall by the way side.

This is a wise course of action, one that I am following myself. I too have taken the long position on MINT.

The Clone Wars is almost over, soon revolution will rise.
Alty

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

RISE Project Manager

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 04:25:41 PM

MINT is one of the only altcoins that I feel comfortable with for the long term, i.e this time next year.

Some of the reasons for this are:

It's extremely marketable.
One of the first energy efficient coins.
Good community and social reach.
Dev that keeps getting us merchant adoption (very important).
Registered and funded foundation incoming.
Minstart (still in the works).
Initial dumping phase is well and truly over, MINT survived and the coin is looking solid with only one place to go. UP

BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 04:31:55 PM

Our Thunderclap.it has now been sent out to all MintCoin supporters social media accounts !

You can now continue to support the giveaway by retweeting tweets of supporters already using the #FreeMintCoin hash tag which has our thunderclap.it link: http://thndr.it/MC7sOK to the giveaway info. thread on the mintcointalk.com forum.

Thanks!

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
Crindon

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 05:01:17 PM

Mintcoin has immense value and security.

Its community and infrastructure are strong and constantly growing day in and day out.

This is why I am happy to buy and hold Mintcoin for long.

No other coin has the value that this coin offers.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I am confident that we are the new wealthy elite.

Truer words never spoken.
dille71

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 05:07:29 PM

Multipool launched!!

I'm happy to announce, that http://hashco.ws has now launched its 'Get Paid in MintCoin' option to the pool. Sign Up, and head on over to 'Account Settings' where you'll see the option of changing from the standard BTC payout option to MINT.
Our pool also has the unique option of being able to keep other altcoins we mine as well, should you so choose. We welcome all the members of the mint community who wish to give us a shot. Please feel free to join us on irc. Freenode / #hashcows Its in a bit of a beta these first few days, as we work out any kinks with the mint payouts specifically, however the pool itself has been operational for more than 6 months now. MINT payouts will happen between 03:30 - 04:00 GMT daily.
For the time being, there is no additional fee for being paid out in MINT vs. BTC
Happy Mining

MORE MINERS NEEDED!!

Mintcoin: MsFGc9atNN6DddEsQHiq7MgDieoSLwtmg5
InformationCoin: Je4ZhmQBSd68oZ7CeXWMrWEsyprTXAVFuX
Ferris419

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 05:36:13 PM

Multipool launched!!

I'm happy to announce, that http://hashco.ws has now launched its 'Get Paid in MintCoin' option to the pool. Sign Up, and head on over to 'Account Settings' where you'll see the option of changing from the standard BTC payout option to MINT.
Our pool also has the unique option of being able to keep other altcoins we mine as well, should you so choose. We welcome all the members of the mint community who wish to give us a shot. Please feel free to join us on irc. Freenode / #hashcows Its in a bit of a beta these first few days, as we work out any kinks with the mint payouts specifically, however the pool itself has been operational for more than 6 months now. MINT payouts will happen between 03:30 - 04:00 GMT daily.
For the time being, there is no additional fee for being paid out in MINT vs. BTC
Happy Mining

MORE MINERS NEEDED!!

how can we check to see how many people are actually "mining for mint"? I looked all over hashco.ws but I can't seem to find out how many people are actually taking mint over BTC ...

Bitcoin is gonna hit 100K usd
Party Hard

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 05:39:58 PM

Yawn tell me when mint is at 5 sats
Why?

Ladies ladies, one at a time.
coolbeans94

Activity: 613
Merit: 500

Mintcoin: Get some

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 05:53:05 PM

if i were right, PoW would be useless in the event of an attack, because the high rate of PoS blocks would cause difficulty to jump into unminable levels

As you can see here, the PoW blocks have a different and independent difficulty algorithm than PoS blocks. If you start getting a lot of PoS blocks in a row, the chance of PoW block generation increases in order to achieve the PoW target; so after each PoS block is generated the likely-hood of generating a PoW block as the next block goes up, and after every PoW block, the chance of generating a PoS block goes up. They are both integrated with block targets and difficulties that are independent of one another; so one cannot perpetually overpower the other. This is why PoS/PoW hybrid is more secure vs just PoS only. And, it is also worth noting that over time, the Mintcoin networks actually will get more secure with age, whereas a PoW only coin has the potential to get less secure due to centralized mining processes. Mintcoin is protected from PoW overpowering, as well as PoS overpowering. You cannot know for certain the future of the Mintcion blockchain (at least very far). With Pure PoS, you know the future will always be a PoS block next, and with PoW you know that the future will always be PoW blocks next, but you cannot know the future with hybrid PoW/PoS like Mintcoin.

(1.) Moral happiness depends upon moral order.
(2.) Moral order depends upon the harmonious action of all our powers, as
individuals and as members of society.
gonzoucab

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 05:56:11 PM

if i were right, PoW would be useless in the event of an attack, because the high rate of PoS blocks would cause difficulty to jump into unminable levels
https://i.imgur.com/vxPyapF.png
As you can see here, the PoW blocks have a different and independent difficulty algorithm than PoS blocks. If you start getting a lot of PoS blocks in a row, the chance of PoW block generation increases in order to achieve the PoW target; so after each PoS block is generated the likely-hood of generating a PoW block as the next block goes up, and after every PoW block, the chance of generating a PoS block goes up. They are both integrated with block targets and difficulties that are independent of one another; so one cannot perpetually overpower the other. This is why PoS/PoW hybrid is more secure vs just PoS only. And, it is also worth noting that over time, the Mintcoin networks actually will get more secure with age, whereas a PoW only coin has the potential to get less secure due to centralized mining processes. Mintcoin is protected from PoW overpowering, as well as PoS overpowering. You cannot know for certain the future of the Mintcion blockchain (at least very far). With Pure PoS, you know the future will always be a PoS block next, and with PoW you know that the future will always be PoW blocks next, but you cannot know the future with hybrid PoW/PoS like Mintcoin.

Mint is just The future, NOW! is pure blazzing fast beauty
greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 05:57:59 PM

nice insight and explanation ...

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
Party Hard

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 06:33:29 PM

Makes a lot of sense! Way to boss that explanation coolbeans.

Ladies ladies, one at a time.
Crindon

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 06:51:55 PM

Exactly! Mintcoin is safe.

Mintcoin is safe. Excellent buy!

Mintcoin是安全的。謝謝你。Mintcoin是一個聰明的購買。

Anonymousg64

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 07:02:10 PM

Makes a lot of sense! Way to boss that explanation coolbeans.

looking at the code, there doesn't seem to be any difference for PoS when it comes to target calculation and difficulty calculation
they are not independent

look at the times in the image you posted, you will see why the difficulty is at 22 on that block and the others are much lower
Pages: « 1 ... 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 [557] 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: