Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:37:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 272 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] Official Shareholder Discussion Thread [Moderated]  (Read 629684 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:20:49 AM

... our shares should be listed on either havelock or CT.

Crypto-Trade, it's the obvious choice.

Obvious how? What benefits does it have over Havelock? I for one don't see any unless you think its UI is better.

I also fail to see why CT is the obvious choice...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
noah tall

Activity: 524
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 03:00:50 AM

We're already listed and trading on CT.  Being listed on multiple exchanges is an unnecessary distraction.  Remember the previous circus and all the time Ken lost dealing with it?  Do you want him to spend time making chips or assisting in arbitrage?

Jasun7211

Activity: 517
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 03:03:19 AM

We're already listed and trading on CT.  Being listed on multiple exchanges is an unnecessary distraction.  Remember the previous circus and all the time Ken lost dealing with it?  Do you want him to spend time making chips or assisting in arbitrage?
and this wisdom comes from someone fairly new.  Lets stop with the gyrations and get down to business

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
|
GTR_JOEY

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 04:05:19 AM

oh wow, he's "new"... so therefore his opinion is invalid and uneducated  as he doesn't post regularly in a forum that's full of retards with high post counts...

derpa derpa derp

I thought car forums were bad, BTC is worse
MilkyWayMasta

Activity: 221

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 04:07:02 AM

Obvious how? What benefits does it have over Havelock? I for one don't see any unless you think its UI is better.

The best choice would be Colored Coins so we are never NOT in possession of our shares. Then you can plug your shares into Crypto-Trade, Havelock, post up a trading thread, whatever you want because YOU are in possession of your shares, not an exchange, YOU. Just like bitcoin gives YOU the ability to control your money, Colored Coins allows YOU the ability to control your investments.

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
arousedrhino

Activity: 347

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 04:41:46 AM

Thats a good point but Ken still hasn't done the Share verification on CT yet so it would be just as easy to do it on Havelock, that is unless he is sitting on the CT code ready to go, but I really doubt that. I really prefer Havelock's UI, and have more faith in them than CT but thats a personal opinion.

I'm with you on only having one exchange though, either CT, Havelock, or CC lets not have a bunch of different ones and people bugging Ken to perform arbitrage. Honestly any exchange that I can trade ActM shares on works for me.

noah tall

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 04:42:27 AM

The best choice would be Colored Coins so we are never NOT in possession of our shares. Then you can plug your shares into Crypto-Trade, Havelock, post up a trading thread, whatever you want because YOU are in possession of your shares, not an exchange, YOU. Just like bitcoin gives YOU the ability to control your money, Colored Coins allows YOU the ability to control your investments.

Code:
Hi, I'm the lead developer of ChromaWallet, the flagship colored coins.
Current status

In the past couple of months blah blah blah

I'd like to get to a point where colored coins can evolve without my involvement.
I've been working on various colored coins-related projects on and off for 1.5 years,
it was fun, but I can't do this forever.

CC ain't happening, get over it.  Just list them on CT and be done with it.

sheesh.

bigdude

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 09:06:16 AM

Code:
Hi, I'm the lead developer of ChromaWallet, the flagship colored coins.
Current status

In the past couple of months blah blah blah

I'd like to get to a point where colored coins can evolve without my involvement.
I've been working on various colored coins-related projects on and off for 1.5 years,
it was fun, but I can't do this forever.

CC ain't happening, get over it.  Just list them on CT and be done with it.

sheesh.

Agreed, waiting for CC is nothing more than a stalling tactic now ... its not going to happen for a LONG time.

So, move on to something realistic - list the shares on CT (preferably havelock though)

minerpart

Activity: 280

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 01:03:59 PM

CC ain't happening, get over it.  

I can't see how you are getting that from killerstorms update. He actually says under Current Status - 'Now we're getting close to a usable version'.

You are quoting him in a section where he's talking about his personal long term future involvement in CC and misappropriating that to the future of the project itself. He is saying he doesn't want to be tied to it's further longterm development and would prefer it if others could come on board and for the project to become more open-source and self-funding. If he gets a few more helping hands from this request CC could move on very quickly.
addi

Activity: 626

https://satoshibet.com

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 01:14:51 PM

Still, from ActM's point of view, it makes way more sense to use direct shares or a centralized platform as the time frame and stability of CC is too uncertain. From what I see, and I was saying this 2 weeks ago already, sticking to CC at this point is just a stalling technique.

minerpart

Activity: 280

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 01:23:14 PM

Still, from ActM's point of view, it makes way more sense to use direct shares or a centralized platform as the time frame and stability of CC is too uncertain. From what I see, and I was saying this 2 weeks ago already, sticking to CC at this point is just a stalling technique.

Yes you may be right as the timeframe could still be quite extended. But CC are certainly going full implementation at some point.
zumzero

Activity: 602

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 02:02:48 PM

Let's not overlook the uncertainties that plague the centralised exchanges as well.  If recent history is anything to go by there's a strong case against them.  Did I read somewhere that Havelock have been granted a money transmitting license?  If true, surely they are the safest bet if we go centralised.  Would we not also benefit from increased liquidity if we are listed alongside assets like NeoBee and Asic miner?  Can this last point be underestimated?  Personally I no longer have a view one way or the other, I just want to see us able to trade again as soon as is humanly possible.

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
iSnow

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:45:11 PM

So I have been out of the loop for some days and come back to discover:

• The 55nm project was a non-starter as a lot of the more tech-savvy here predicted, still ate up time and resources
  • Ken spent time day-trading on Gox and got goxxed in the process. A quarter of the companies money goes MIA, either pocketed by Ken or Karpeles
  • Shares are still not trading anywhere, no dividends, not roadmap.
  • Ken is trying to augment bitcoin address security by some mysterious creation of his - of course closed source and never audited. This is a fatal thing in crypto and information security.
  • The Intellihash nonsense that promised a 20% performance boost is also MIA. The rest of the world now enjoys 300% more performance since Intellihash was announced
  • The company business plan seems based on a XBT target price of $10,000 where in reality it is hovering between $500 and $700. This makes the 28nm chips a non-starter too.

At this point I pity anyone who put more than a few hundred bucks into this - you won't see your money back, let alone see dividends. With the dwindling cash and bitcoin reserves, this whole venture will enter into its endgame in about two months and it ain't going to be pretty.

I could write if off as a failed investment, but what is really galling is that Ken seemingly took preorder money to gamble on Gox. For this, you deserve to go to jail, old buddy.
themagicdrake

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 03:04:45 PM

Let's not overlook the uncertainties that plague the centralised exchanges as well.  If recent history is anything to go by there's a strong case against them.  Did I read somewhere that Havelock have been granted a money transmitting license?  If true, surely they are the safest bet if we go centralised.  Would we not also benefit from increased liquidity if we are listed alongside assets like NeoBee and Asic miner?  Can this last point be underestimated?  Personally I no longer have a view one way or the other, I just want to see us able to trade again as soon as is humanly possible.

100% agree. So, I say get us on Havelock
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 03:46:45 PM

Plus Havelock has quite a few listings already from btco.co and bitfunder...I would love the volume havelock has to offer.  CT looks dead. 
tempestb

Activity: 729

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 03:53:42 PM

Ken said the news is a financial report.  I don't see how anyone gives a crap about this if you don't have access to your shares.  Whether suddenly ActiveMining has earned millions of dollars or it's in the toilet, either situation doesn't do anyone any good if we don't have access to the shares.  In fact, if the news is glorious then all the more reason why people should have access to their shares because their value should, in theory, go up!

No shares means the news is just fluff and again falls into two camps.  Those that believe Ken is telling the truth and those who do not.  Then we'll be kept waiting and asking for when we can have access to our shares or if ActiveMining is solvent.

1D7JwRnoungL1YQy7sJMsqmA8BHkPcKGDJ
We mine as we dream...  Alone
addi

Activity: 626

https://satoshibet.com

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 04:14:52 PM

Havelock is the better choice, they have the most volume and are the most "reputable" of all current centralised exchanges out there.

We purchased those shares. To hold them hostage any longer is just ethically unacceptable. I am not sure how illegal it is but I guess it's better we leave that can of worms unopened for now.

noah tall

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 04:36:26 PM

...I would love the volume havelock has to offer...

Havelock is the better choice, they have the most volume ...

Spoken like true opportunists.  If all you want is to be able to try and make money churning shares then this is a valid argument.  If this is what you want, go ahead and day trade ASICMINER or whatever is on Havelock.  Nothing stopping you.

I would rather see the shares on an exchange where they can be traded and dividends dispersed with MINIMAL use of Ken's time and effort.  Better to have him spending time getting these chips to market instead of facilitating day traders.  CT is already set up, why re-create the wheel?

< big sigh >
volume...
< /big sigh >

funkymunky

Activity: 283

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 05:07:06 PM

Ken said the news is a financial report.  -snip-
-snip-

Sorry I missed this but where/when did he state this?
JoTheKhan

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 05:30:36 PM

Ken said the news is a financial report.  -snip-
-snip-

Sorry I missed this but where/when did he state this?

He said a Financial report for Y2013 by the end of march and an update/announcement within the next two weeks.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 272 »
  Print  

Jump to: