Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:36:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 ... 272 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] Official Shareholder Discussion Thread [Moderated]  (Read 629685 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
JoTheKhan

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 09:14:06 PM

What is the profit per share generated from the recent mining endeavors and equipment sale so far?

No shares = no share holders = no profit for us.

But lets assume there is for a moment.

10,00,000 public shares.

120BTC for Dividends ( 60 from before this new mining endeavor, 60 mined with this new equipment)

https://blockchain.info/address/1DJpsvnM7xTnQbWEhLYyCyfxQyxwupEzCa

120/10,000,000 = 0.000012 BTC a share

= $0.00534 a share at BitStamp's going price of $445/1BTC
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kslaughter

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2014, 10:01:40 PM

sorry now i did my research - they are real but IMO not a very good method of cicuit overload protection when the key safety component can be adjusted to higher/lower sensitivity. 

What happening is that under load the voltage was going down to 115 which caused the overload.  Our electrician came over on Sunday morning and adjusted the voltage up to 130 which under load went down to 122 and solved the problem.
Simon Templar

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 10:18:05 PM

He's not only solved that problem but allowed us to climb another place in the Contributors list as WildFire has pointed out.  Good work guys.  Slowly catchy monkey.  Smiley
Elokane

Activity: 817
Merit: 1000

Truth is a consensus among neurons www.synereo.com

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2014, 10:37:52 PM

What is the profit per share generated from the recent mining endeavors and equipment sale so far?

What do you mean "no shares"? There's still a share ledger and shareholders. It's just not implemented anywhere.

Synereo: liberating the Internet from abusive business models.

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart, he dreams himself your master.
<br>
snowdropfore

Activity: 843
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 03:10:06 AM

70th now, we stll have 100th to go?is it enough time ? left 3 days.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Subcide

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:33:35 PM

So up until the problems over the weekend, we'd been adding about 5TH/s every 2 days roughly.  Ken, do you have a revised estimate for the 170TH/s?  Adding over 100TH/s in even 10 days (a week overdue) seems like we'd have to at least double our throughput to achieve. 

A realistic estimate is better than a hopeful one.

Thanks.
LorenzoMoney

Activity: 335

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:34:45 PM

ActM is now down to #8

Were # 6 on Elgius now, Nice work Ken.
http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/topcontributors.php

https://twitter.com/Lorenzo_Money -- Bitcoin Address: 1EttqaSSCksRAXrwejoChs5zmGjSikN9mC -- http://lorenzomoney.wordpress.com/
The Bulk of mankind is as well equipped for flying as thinking. - Jonathan Swift
DOGE COIN address: DSYMgD1HfmJFwNuc6Zvhp7PkrVD1QRBsgu
Ozymandias2

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:36:41 PM

So up until the problems over the weekend, we'd been adding about 5TH/s every 2 days roughly.  Ken, do you have a revised estimate for the 170TH/s?  Adding over 100TH/s in even 10 days (a week overdue) seems like we'd have to at least double our throughput to achieve. 

Thanks.

The farm is expected to be up to 100th/s around the end of april and up to 170th/s around the end of May.
funkymunky

Activity: 283

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:58:55 PM

Sorry, Ken clarified the other day that it would be within days:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=462370.msg6380807#msg6380807
"No, we have everything in place and my Project Manager has told me to expect ~170 TH by the end of the month.  It may take a week or so longer as there are only a few more days left in this month, but we do have everything is place to put THs on line quick."

Thanks.

The farm is expected to be up to 100th/s around the end of april and up to 170th/s around the end of May.
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:02:28 PM

What happening is that under load the voltage was going down to 115 which caused the overload.  Our electrician came over on Sunday morning and adjusted the voltage up to 130 which under load went down to 122 and solved the problem.

Until you add 6% more load to that circuit.  Are you planning to add any new load to that circuit?

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
Subcide

Activity: 70

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:11:01 PM

Ah you're right Ozymandias2, my bad.  At 10 days that seems achievable then.  All good. Smiley
wonker

Activity: 103

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:15:56 PM

What do you mean "no shares"? There's still a share ledger and shareholders. It's just not implemented anywhere.

Shareholders have shares.
Shareholders can buy or sell their shares if they want or need to.
Shareholders are getting dividends if there is a profit.
Shareholders can see a financial support.
Shareholders are not lied to again and again and again...

We are no shareholders anymore since ages...
minerpart

Activity: 280

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:24:22 PM

ActM is now down to #8

Sorry but LOL.

The placing on Eligius does not really matter does it? It's just something to get a bit excited about when we go up a place. % of total network hash is the important bit.

Also there is less than a single TH/s between 6th 7th and 8th place on Eligius:

6th - 67.87 TH/s
7th - 67.71 TH/s
8th - 67.02 TH/s (actm)

So don't worry, we will go up and down through the ranks during this period of expansion (and tripping breakers).
lobbes

Activity: 240
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 03:01:47 PM

This is a really good point.  What is so difficult about bringing the website up to date?  Should this not be a priority?    Put me in charge for 24 hours please and I'll have a meeting to start the day, "Right, who's in charge of the website then?  You? Right.  I want it brought up to date and you've got until 3pm.  Right, who's in charge of shipping...?  Now get the MSD on the phone..."

++++

If only Ken had something, like an advisory board, to look over things like the website and make recommendations...

JoTheKhan

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 03:50:05 PM

This is a really good point.  What is so difficult about bringing the website up to date?  Should this not be a priority?    Put me in charge for 24 hours please and I'll have a meeting to start the day, "Right, who's in charge of the website then?  You? Right.  I want it brought up to date and you've got until 3pm.  Right, who's in charge of shipping...?  Now get the MSD on the phone..."

++++

If only Ken had something, like an advisory board, to look over things like the website and make recommendations...

Ingenius idea ol' chap. Ingenius. I wonder why we never thought of that before.. /s
minerpart

Activity: 280

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 04:11:04 PM

Hi Ken,

So we have these One Gold Rush boards on the site now and the listing says they are 512GH/s but the details section ('Board Highlights') says they are 750TH/s. You also said they were typically 750 so must be a typo in the listing?

It also says under availability - 'more coming soon'. So does that mean we have sold a bunch of these? If so can you say how many roughly and where the profit from these boards will go? Are you doing a 100% reinvest into the company or are you setting some aside for the shareholders?

btw I think the majority on here have said they are happy with the idea of a 100% reinvest for now as we get the business going.

Thanks man.
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 05:11:10 PM

Hi Ken,

So we have these One Gold Rush boards on the site now and the listing says they are 512GH/s but the details section ('Board Highlights') says they are 750TH/s. You also said they were typically 750 so must be a typo in the listing?

It also says under availability - 'more coming soon'. So does that mean we have sold a bunch of these? If so can you say how many roughly and where the profit from these boards will go? Are you doing a 100% reinvest into the company or are you setting some aside for the shareholders?

btw I think the majority on here have said they are happy with the idea of a 100% reinvest for now as we get the business going.

Thanks man.

I was only ok with 100% reinvest because I assumed share trading was around the corner. Now we know an investigation can take 12 months I am sure many people will back me in at least getting 25% - 40% of profit paid out direct as a dividend to our addresses. Many of us would like the dividend now instead of next year.

I am in agreement for 60% - 75% of profits being reinvested however.

Who agrees with me?
chairforce1

Activity: 316

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 05:16:56 PM

Has VMC sold miners lately? I check the website at least once every two days and I have seen 163 Prospectors in stock for a while and I believe this is an issue. Can you, Ken, or anybody else address the following concerns? Thanks.

Some concerns regarding Prospector sales:
  • The longer those sit there the higher the opportunity cost of not having them mining.
  • Negative customer service posts. Apart from Bargraphics, and the random person somebody posted an eligius address for, I haven't seen anybody posting positive reviews
  • Obviously the website.
  • The new Gold Rush board and how it will affect the Prospector board sales.

On a separate note, can we have a list of what all employees are working on? From my perspective I see hashrate going up slowly and a new thumbnail on the website. This doesn't seem that great. Maybe I am underestimating the difficulty of getting miners operational. Is the entirety of VMC's workforce allocating 100% of their time to putting miners online? From the first page of this thread AMC only employs Ken. I'm led to believe VMC is not putting up hashing in the datacenter. Is this true? Is AMC contracting VMC or is it a third party? According to the front page of this thread VMC employs six people. I would like accountability for the 240 weekly man hours, assuming a normal 8 hour work day. As CEO I would expect Ken to easily surpass the standard 8 hour work day.

Another note, what are shareholders paying you, Ken, and the rest of VMC's workforce? According to the first page of this thread Ken is employed by VMC and AMC. Are you, Ken, getting paid by both entities?

A third note. The first page of the site says VMC's 2013 sales are 6.3 MILLION USD...?

A fourth note. On the topic of the first page of this thread, can there be some updates? Is this first page supposed to be a reference for VMC/AMC's current snapshot? It still says things like, "Weekly update from 29/1/14 - 'We are expecting to add 1 to 2 Petahashs of mining [from 55nm chip] in Q2.' ". Why was this considered not profitable?

I could go on...

It looks like a lackadaisical copy and paste job.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, death has not come, and when death has come, we are not. #yolo

-Epicuru$
JoTheKhan

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 05:17:25 PM

Hi Ken,

Thanks man.

I was only ok with 100% reinvest because I assumed share trading was around the corner. Now we know an investigation can take 12 months I am sure many people will back me in at least getting 40% of profit paid out direct as a dividend to our addresses. Many of us would like the dividend now instead of next year.

I am in agreement for 60% of profits being reinvested however. But I cannot get behind 100% because it's likely the funds will be misspent at some point.

Who agrees with me?

I am with 100% Reinvestment after a Good Faith event has been proven with our shares. By this I mean we have our shares and some Dividend has been paid out for it. Specifically I am with 100% reinvestment if these things happen:

• Shareholders get access to our shares on a exchange the majority has accepted. Whether it be some Decentralized Exchange/Havelock/(Whatever)
  • A legitimate Financial Audit happens (I don't want Ken to just reinvest 100% if it isn't going to help anything)
  • Ken lays our a plan for the realistic plan for the foreseeable future. By this I mean that Ken lays out a path, really any path that can hold up to criticism about where he wants to take this company over the next 6-9 Months.

I am a long time shareholder, plan to stay a long time shareholder, and I doubt my views line up with everyone here. If anyone disagrees with me please let me know I am always willing to listen/learn.
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 05:31:37 PM

I am with 100% Reinvestment after a Good Faith event has been proven with our shares. By this I mean we have our shares and some Dividend has been paid out for it. Specifically I am with 100% reinvestment if these things happen:

• Shareholders get access to our shares on a exchange the majority has accepted. Whether it be some Decentralized Exchange/Havelock/(Whatever)
  • A legitimate Financial Audit happens (I don't want Ken to just reinvest 100% if it isn't going to help anything)
  • Ken lays our a plan for the realistic plan for the foreseeable future. By this I mean that Ken lays out a path, really any path that can hold up to criticism about where he wants to take this company over the next 6-9 Months.

I am a long time shareholder, plan to stay a long time shareholder, and I doubt my views line up with everyone here. If anyone disagrees with me please let me know I am always willing to listen/learn.

I would most certainly be ok with 90% reinvestment after such a "good faith" event. If we are trading and getting the 10% dividend for example.

The reason why I am no longer ok with super high reinvestment is because many of these investigations have taken 12 months, and thats a very long time in the world of Bitcoin to get access to our property. Essentially the investigation has taken our very shareholder rights away and we are awaiting the US Government in being allowed to have our property returned to us. Because of this I would love to get the dividend so if the investigation forces Ken to shut down and lose our investment, we still make off with a little amount of our original invested amounts.

Even if I can get one bitcoin returned from the dividend it's better than zero for my 400-500 bitcoin investment in this company.
Pages: « 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 ... 272 »
  Print  

Jump to: