Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:01:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 153 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bittrex - Next generation exchange (btc/ltc/eac/ppc/rdd/ftc/and more)  (Read 167691 times)
drakoin

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

see my profile

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 05:21:47 PM

Bittrex is great!  Happy to see you thriving!
I suggest a feature request - but it would need some serious work on your frontend engine.
I know it's tough, but you would make many users happy. Especially the one with smaller machines.
The reason behind it is that we actually have to close all bittrex windows if we want to do anything else with our machines.
I can keep poloniex and mintpal tabs open - but bittrex is so hungry for RAM, that two or three bittrex coins are already too much, to leave open when not absolutely necessary.  I don't know about everyone else, but myself, I cannot afford yet to trade on a 64GB RAM, SSID, watercooled supercomputer :-)
You can see the drama I am in ... easily when you go to the task manager inside Chrome (menu ... tools ... task manager), and sort decreasing by the 'memory' column. Compare mintpal (crappy charts, but less RAM), poloniex (good charts, less RAM), bitcoinwisdom (amazing charts, less RAM), cryptrader (amazing charts, less RAM) - and bittrex (good charts, and soon less RAM  Wink )
As soon as I close the bittrex tabs, my computer inhales, exhales - and starts smiling, and is happy again :-)
I am not sure what makes the bittrex frontend so memory heavy, but in my experience with programming, it could even be a little thing. Some basic architecture decision taken differently, and suddenly *whew* much less RAM usage.  Depending on the language you used, a bit of profiling might not be difficult even, but will tell you which subfunctions are eating all that RAM.
What do you think?
Tip me for my work: 19ff2KsUxD7B3EumxhrKRJ5qDP7yc8YQfD
Me,too. Do you find a solution. Right now I install an extension to hibernate all bittrex tabs. But it is not convenient and I can's see the real-time price from tabs.
I am using "Tabs Outliner" for the same purpose. But it's a workaround, I'd prefer to always keep'em open.
Hello bittrex, any news about this?
I have just had to hardreset, because of bittrex eating all my RAM the computer froze completely!!!  
It could be that over time, the problem gets worse when keeping bittrex tabs open? Memory leak?
Yes, it seems to be a memory leak.
I left a bittrex tab open for 24 hours. When revisiting it in the Chrome Task Manager it was now using >800,000 kb.
800,000 kb FOR ONE BROWSER TAB is
* more than 3 times as much as bittrex tabs use in general.
* about 8-10 times as much as as mintpal tabs are using.
* about 4-6 times as much as a poloniex tab is using.
Your browser frontend has a leak.
I actually considered to buy more RAM, because bittrex is so memory-hungry.
Unfortunately, the max RAM on my machine is 8GB, and I have already filled that.
Please give it another thought, how you can solve this issue with your website.
Reach out to experts, open your sourcecode, create a programming challenge, invite to a hackathon ...
A patient ... bump.  Any news?
Because just today, my machine was frozen again for half an hour; it had run into its RAM limits, because of bittrex' memory hunger.
Grmpf.
I had hoped you find the leak in the new design?  No, you didn't.
Bittrex one tab: 807,320 K !
After only a few hours. Bittrex, you still have a memory leak in your GUI.

A shitty event just happened:
Probably after several such bittrex tabs had grown out of proportion, my computer went over its RAM limits - and never stopped swapping anymore.
After about 30 minutes of continous harddisk activity, and nothing else, and no way to interact ... I decided to do a hard reset.
Rebooting, now the whole harddisk needed to be checked, and two corrupt files were discovered. I just hope this is not too bad.

All that unnecessary damage, just because bittrex is unwilling or unable to fix their memory leak.

*sigh*

no sign of a signature

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stafur

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 03:00:10 PM

If you are using linux I would recommend using ulimit to set memory limits. Your computer would be safe from this and other problems.
http://www.linuxhowtos.org/Tips%20and%20Tricks/ulimit.htm

Hope this helps.

There should also be a way to do this in Windows. Maybe someone else can chime in to help you out.
George5
Legendary

Activity: 1208
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2014, 03:52:27 PM

Bittrex, You can't ignore Dopecoin (DOPE)!  Wink Almost 70BTC daily volume on both Allcoin and C-CEX exchanges!!! This one needs some more free space, don't you agree?

https://nuls.io/about/ The sky is not the limit
BBmmBB

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 05:23:59 PM

What is Bittrex?

Bittrex is a next generation crypto trading platform built and operated in the United States by crypto enthusiasts with extensive development and security background.  We have over 50 combined years in the computer industry at companies like Microsoft, Amazon, Qualys, and Blackberry and have made careers developing secure and scalable software.  You can learn more about us on our About page.  

Our mission is to deliver the fastest and most secure trading platform for the community.  

We are launching with 10 currencies and will be adding more as we get community feedback.  It is important to us that our platform performs to our high expectations before additional currencies and features are added.  Screenshots below.

Features

• Custom built trading engine - Our custom trading engine was developed from the ground up with speed and scale as the priority.  Orders are executed as soon as they are placed and you will never see a crossed order book or a delay in processing of any trades.
  • Secure platform – We employ the latest security technologies to protect you and us.  We use an elastic multi stage wallet strategy ensuring that 80-90% of funds are offline and safe.  Additionally two-factor authentication (through email or google authenticator) is required for all withdrawals and API usage.  We designed everything from the ground up with security in mind.
  • Fast deposits and withdrawals - Our fully automated monitoring platform allows for near instantaneous updates on balance, trade, and wallet information.  You will never be left wondering where your funds are or if your deposits are blocked.  Information is always up to date.
  • Complete and easy REST API - We have designed the most complete API set for developers to build on our platform.  Our full featured set of APIs allow you to easily deposit, trade, and withdraw to and from our exchange, enabling arbitrage scenarios never possible before.  Bittrex was built with high frequency trading in mind.

[UPDATE]
Follow updates and development in our announce thread as well!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=492758.0

One month in... we've got 84 currencies open!  If you haven't checked us out, now is a great time!

10-5      CGB      HKC      PCN      WDC
365      DIME      HPC      PLNC      XSV
888      DOGE      ICN      POT      ZEIT
AAA      DRK      IFC      PPC      
APH      EAC      IPC      PT      
AUR      ECC      IQD      PTC      
BC      EFL      ISR      Q2C      
BEA      EMC2      KARM      RDD      
BELA      EXE      LTC      RT2      
BELI      FAC      MEOW   SBC      
BLTZ      FLT      MINT      SHA      
BNS      FRX      MMC      SHC      
BONES   FTC      MPL      SLR      
BTC      GAC      MRS      SPA      
BTL      GER      MYR      SPH      
C2      GLD      MZC      SRR      
CAT      GPUC      NXT      SYN      
CATC      GRCE      NYC      UTC      
CESC      H2O      PAWN      VTC      
CGA      HIRO      PCC      WATER      

hello Richie! BitcoinInstant volume has more than twice the required .1BTC average for the past week!

Smiley

just look!

https://www.bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-BTI

yesterday around 1.4BTC ~

TIA
drakoin

Merit: 1000

see my profile

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 10:32:58 PM

feature request: One more column in "Your open orders"
https://bittrex.com/History

Please multiply/divide "BID/ASK" and "Units Total"
into one more column "BTC value"
- then I can order by that column, and quickly see
how much BTC I have locked into what.

Thanks a lot!

Tip me for my work: 19ff2KsUxD7B3EumxhrKRJ5qDP7yc8YQfD

no sign of a signature
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 07:15:13 AM
Last edit: October 26, 2014, 06:58:00 AM by Amph

i can't find a way to generate more deposit address

can you add this possibility? thnx
manicminer

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 04:24:23 AM

Help!

I bought an altcoin on your platform and now I am unable to limit-sell it. I got helpful error message:

"There was an error processing your request. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again."

What is it? Could you explain me the process baby steps by baby steps?

Btw. You are probably familiar with the fact that your site's usability is far from other popular trading platforms, say, Metatrader.

Anyways: More power to your ICOs!
dbkeys

Activity: 484
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 11:09:23 PM
Last edit: November 16, 2014, 03:46:39 AM by dbkeys

Bittrex registration confirmation emails seem to use a system from a company called "MessageBus" which substitutes the actual confirmation html links so that all information is routed through MessageBus.com servers.

From the messagebus.com website:
"Some of our most popular features (e.g. unsubscribe, click tracking) are based on HTTP URLs using a technique called link tracking. The way it works is by routing anything clickable in your email through Message Bus. In order to do that, we rewrite the links to cause the click to visit our servers before continuing on to the original destination. This doesn't affect the user's experience” [Emphasis added]

Unfortunately, it does indeed affect the user experience; if you are using a mail reader such as mutt and a mail server like Postfix which haven't been trained to know what to do with their "X-Messagebus-Info" extensions, you simply cannot respond to the confirmation email, because you don't get HTML links, you get a proprietary "X-Messagebus" mime type.

Never mind that what should be direct communication between the Bittrex exchange and you is forcibly being sent through a third party (without your knowledge), for the express purpose of tracking you - it actually makes it impossible to register, impossible to confirm withdrawals and impossible to enable 2-Factor Authentication, unless one uses a web-based email service like Gmail or Yahoo....  Frustrating !

I was able to find some documentation for the family of mail extensions introduced by MessageBus, (names like "X-Messagebus", such as "X-Messagebus-Info", "X-Messagebus-Diagnostic") but it's just annoying to have to get your ISP to make major changes on their email infrastructure, just to be able to see a link to confirm your email address.

Bittrex, you have built a nice exchange; please don't let messagebus mangle the real links in your emails. At least demand that they keep an unchanged copy in what they regurgitate back out.

DNS Seeder / Node Trackers
sava7

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2014, 04:00:10 PM

I think who and how decide which coin add to bittrex:)

i traded a lot few monts ago and they added many few hours coins, scam coins, example Russiacoin:)

i am involved in Tittiescoin which is growing fast lately, 1 year old coin with good ppl working with it, and i think why scamcoins can get any exchange fast and coins like TTC cannot get into exchanges? Is it only about fast money on new coins? Is there any ethics or understanding that this is not the way it goes? Anyway is there any paid way to get coin into bittrex etc?

Guys, stop support spam coins made by the same group of ppl, check market and think about future, not just about today:)

notlogic

Activity: 52

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 01:38:02 AM

Wallets disabled on Bittrex while dev investigates Azure issue.

https://bittrex.com/News

Somebody bring me Azure so I can slap it in the face.
Leesminer

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 02:02:54 AM

Wallets disabled on Bittrex while dev investigates Azure issue.

https://bittrex.com/News

Somebody bring me Azure so I can slap it in the face.
hahahaha +1
boogi

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 07:06:09 AM

I just sent more BTC to bittrex, and reading this makes me regret my decision
notlogic

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 03:35:00 PM

The wallets are back up now. Turns out that it was an issue with Azure, not Bittrex. Last night Microsoft's website was listing Azure as down, which in turn affected bittrex. Trades were still happening, though.

I haven't seen any reports of lost coins or trades. Anyone?
HYPERfuture

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

HYPER project manager and PR + GoldPieces [GP]

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2014, 01:55:52 AM

Is the current outage an issue with Azure too?

HYPER Gaming Currency -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=624651 GP RPG Currency -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1053441 https://cryptogalaxies.com -> Blockchain Based Space Strategy MMO. Crypto Galaxies on Bitcointalk -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1374470
notlogic

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 01:59:24 AM

They haven't said.

Rami @ramikawach  ·  19m 19 minutes ago
We are investigating an outage @BittrexExchange ... will update when we have status.
karlb187

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Need To Contact Me? Go To My Site!

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2014, 02:02:24 AM

This is the error i see at bittrex:

Error 1002 Ray ID: 1923ee262ac10167
DNS points to local or disallowed IP

hope they can fix it soon. I like bittrex.

Bitcoin Faucet List Maker      Makes Your Bitcoin Commissions Explode!   (100% FREE)
   Paid to Post Bitcoin Forum      Earn Up To 3,000 Satoshi Per Post!  
 ▥ SKYPE: karl.moneyinpjs ▥ ▦ TWITTER: @karlmoneyinpjs
HYPERfuture

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

HYPER project manager and PR + GoldPieces [GP]

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2014, 02:04:42 AM

They haven't said.

Rami @ramikawach  ·  19m 19 minutes ago
We are investigating an outage @BittrexExchange ... will update when we have status.

I know that's why I've asked here as that tweet doesn't say anything really.

HYPER Gaming Currency -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=624651 GP RPG Currency -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1053441 https://cryptogalaxies.com -> Blockchain Based Space Strategy MMO. Crypto Galaxies on Bitcointalk -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1374470
qxzn

Activity: 609
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 07:41:11 PM

I have been trying to get a history of all my trades as a CSV. The website download doesn't go back more than 1000 trades. I submitted ticket #11914 10 days ago, and have not gotten a response at all. Please help!
qxzn

Activity: 609
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 02:24:54 AM

I have been trying to get a history of all my trades as a CSV. The website download doesn't go back more than 1000 trades. I submitted ticket #11914 10 days ago, and have not gotten a response at all. Please help!

bump. this can't be that hard to do one time.
Battareus

Merit: 501

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 04:45:08 AM

I need compensation for deleted deposit XNAN, i spend btc, but you delete what i buy.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 153 »
  Print  

Jump to: