Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:14:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Altcoin be as important as Bitcoin?  (Read 3783 times)
EvgeniyBH

Activity: 574
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 10:17:37 PM

Yes if Bitcoin will not be updated. But many updated can be implemented only throuhg hardfork. So what will be common in new Bitcoin after several fundamental hardforks? It seems to be only name.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CryptoIyke
Copper Member

Activity: 308
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2018, 10:56:57 PM

Not sure if any crypto will ever match with bitcoin in terms of what crypto stands for. It is already known that bitcoin was the first and have already assumed the kingship, it would be very difficult to build a match

riptv

Activity: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 11:17:31 PM

i never ever say that sometimes any of coin is goign to beat the bitcoin because it is the boss but also altcoins are very good and good potenatial  even though it is not going to beat..
jcarlo

Activity: 798
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 12:21:56 AM

In any ecosystem, be it in nature or business, there is always a competition. And most often than not, the best always rises to the top. And here in our crypto ecosystem, a competition do also exist. Between Bitcoin and Altcoin. We all very well known that bitcoin, being the first and most proven cryptocurrency already took the center stage in crypto market. Now that altcoins came into the picture, where does it really stands? What will be the selling point of altcoin that will eventually led the bitcoin enthusiasts to finally switch places?

Altcoin have important part in cryptocurrency market. We already saw ethereum with the smart contract or others with their project. Altcoin will decrease bitcoin domination in cryptomarket and market will more healthy with altcoin because investor have many option to choose when they start to invest in cryptomarket
ipsec

Activity: 584
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 09:06:47 AM

Now everything is connected with each other. Of course, you have to try very hard to make one coin affect the whole market, but it is possible to imagine.
ilya_safronov

Activity: 151
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 09:12:35 AM

It is very unlikely, bitcoin has a very strong position and limit mining only increases its value, I don't think it will yield the first place to some other cryptocurrency.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    I N F L E U M    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  
█ ▌   Pre - sale  ➧  Oct 1, 2018    ⌊  http://infleum.io  ⌉
hanxinvwang

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 09:19:21 AM

The altcoin can bring more experience products to investors. The altcoin can make investors profit in the short term, but its shortcomings are also very obvious, too many scams and rapid price collapse!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
ðºÞæ

Activity: 1176
Merit: 297

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 09:36:28 AM
Last edit: November 21, 2018, 11:50:29 AM by ðºÞæ

Which vision of Bitcoin?
The "B" Bankers vision
The "C" Chinese Miners vision
The "S" Satoshi vision
or any of the other visoins?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZHCVyllnck

"The existing Visa credit card network processes about 15 million Internet purchases per day worldwide. Bitcoin can already scale much larger than that with existing hardware for a fraction of the cost. It never really hits a scale ceiling."  Satoshi Nakamoto, April 2009          Avoiding taxes is totally legal if you consider and respect the law.
WillyZ
Copper Member

Activity: 143

Crypto24Radio.com ❤️

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2018, 09:40:28 AM

Bitcoin isn't the best coin, it's not the fastest or cheapest in terms of fees. So, I think it will be just a matter of time when another coin takes over the number 1 spot. It won't happen in next couple of years, but it will happen. Right now Bitcoin is just too popular and famous, it was the first and changes in peoples' minds will take time.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ www.crypto24radio.com ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
☀️☀️☀️ Best Crypto Radio out there - All crypto, all blockchain, all the time 24/7 ☀️☀️☀️
gambit1

Activity: 980
Merit: 508

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 09:44:20 AM

Bitcoin isn't the best coin, it's not the fastest or cheapest in terms of fees. So, I think it will be just a matter of time when another coin takes over the number 1 spot. It won't happen in next couple of years, but it will happen. Right now Bitcoin is just too popular and famous, it was the first and changes in peoples' minds will take time.
He's not leaving the market. The main reason is the deflationary model of bitcoin itself. Look how much time has passed from the starting point to today. How many of these cryptocurrencies do you still know? I will only agree that other worthy projects will simply share this market.
sehoon

Activity: 840
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 10:06:58 AM

Altcoins are just as important as bitcoin in my own opinion. The only differences are I think the prices and how profitable those can be. But it doesn't really matter because both are profitable and those two are still great options. And bitcoin just got ahead in development. But with altcoins like Ethereum, I think there is still a possibility that there are altcoins that could surpass bitcoin.

kauban2018

Activity: 271

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 10:25:13 AM

In any ecosystem, be it in nature or business, there is always a competition. And most often than not, the best always rises to the top. And here in our crypto ecosystem, a competition do also exist. Between Bitcoin and Altcoin. We all very well known that bitcoin, being the first and most proven cryptocurrency already took the center stage in crypto market. Now that altcoins came into the picture, where does it really stands? What will be the selling point of altcoin that will eventually led the bitcoin enthusiasts to finally switch places?
Of course it will in the near future. I think many people believe that altcoin has the power to be more potential that bitcoin. I think many investors will like it for as long as it is both profitable for us and them
elenka n

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 10:25:41 AM

It seems to me that Bitcoin is out of competition ... Nevertheless, altcoins are very important for the continued development of the entire ecosystem!
Ayobami99
Copper Member

Activity: 617
Merit: 3

The wonders of the blockchain technology

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2018, 10:32:25 AM

Adoption will be the key to any altcoin that will take the centre stage to displace bitcoin... Bitcoin is now the biggest because people have adopted it, more importantly it is people who determines it price.. So my own opinion is that altcoins should strive to give out a working product to push them towards public adoption

🕹️ Wunbit Arcade 🕹️
   🌐 =⬢ Website ⬢= 🌐       👾 Join the Next Generation of Blockchain-Powered Games! 👾        📄 =⬢ Whitepaper ⬢= 📄
📣 =⬢ Facebook ⬢= 📣                    ☝️ =⬢ Twitter ⬢= ☝️                    🎰 =⬢ Bitcointalk Thread ⬢= 🎰                    💬 =⬢ Telegram ⬢= 💬                    🚀 =⬢ BUY TOKENS ⬢= 🚀
Family.7

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 10:35:22 AM

There's plenty of different coins that have the potential to beat it but they're just not popular so far. Bitcoin has a big advantage being first and i think bitcoin will still be the best.
kauban2018

Activity: 271

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 10:40:01 AM

New things come with the time and has updated and modified version and make there place in market so it is possible that alt will become important in future but my personal opinion is that Bitcoin know as the father of crypto coins and all are directly evaluate with Bitcoin and Bitcoin is also updating along with time and it has it own importance so it will be very difficult for any alt coins to become like  Bitcoin.
Bitcoin price when compared to last year has eroded substantially this year till date. And, the plunge hasn’t stopped yet. The fall in the prices of the digital currencies is primarily due to the two reasons. Bitcoin price was trading at $9,761.91 up 2.58 percent on Coindesk today at the time of reporting.
nhattori27

Activity: 387
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 10:46:16 AM

I don't think that altcoins would be as important as bitcoin, but some of them have got very high potential in future like Monero, Ethereum, Neo, Ripple, Cardano. These coins can compete bitcoin in future.
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 10:48:23 AM

No . alts is not really important imo because they are just only an  alternative option to ther original crypto which is bitcoin . If altcoins are not invented i think bitcoin will get more attention which can result for its value to grow harder But i believe some people love alts more than btc just because they are into trading because atcoins have more variety  than compared to bitcoin alone .

Not to mention that alts do also have a lesser fees and lesser traffic in terms of transaction talks .
bangjoe

Activity: 1428
Merit: 689

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 10:53:46 AM

it's true that in fact every coin is a rival to other coins, they compete to get interested, they do it not only in ico but also after entering the market and about bitcoin I think there are already a lot of fans moving to altcoin especially on new altcoins which are usually very interesting attention

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
wakeham8

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 10:56:01 AM

It is already, if you put the prices to the side, you will see that the market will die without altcoins. Lets take Ethereum as an example, 30 percent of the whole coins are ERC-20 tokens and ETH is the major coin for collecting funds for every ICO.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: