Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:10:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 165 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] | DUSK Network | Privacy-oriented blockchain for Digital Securities!  (Read 145626 times)
kraterion

Activity: 616
Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 04:43:27 PM

Definetely, if this projects get to release it can be an interesting point of view on privacy and anonimicity. For the first time one of this projects is released with public team, but still need to be seen how it goes, I don't like ETH tokens at all.
Some interesting points are on their whitepaper, but at the same time im not sure it can be implemented as they want on a ETH blockchain layer.

It is the hope of the community that this project will solve the shortcomings of previous projects that are focused on privacy and that will be great if it will be delivered effective at the soonest time possible.

Maybe I'm wrong but Dusk won't be a layer on top of Ethereum but a new blockchain built from scratch, you don't have to worry about the fact of if you like or not ethereum's tokens

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
aveon

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 05:55:44 PM

Definetely, if this projects get to release it can be an interesting point of view on privacy and anonimicity. For the first time one of this projects is released with public team, but still need to be seen how it goes, I don't like ETH tokens at all.
Some interesting points are on their whitepaper, but at the same time im not sure it can be implemented as they want on a ETH blockchain layer.

It is the hope of the community that this project will solve the shortcomings of previous projects that are focused on privacy and that will be great if it will be delivered effective at the soonest time possible.

Maybe I'm wrong but Dusk won't be a layer on top of Ethereum but a new blockchain built from scratch, you don't have to worry about the fact of if you like or not ethereum's tokens
Ethereum had occupied its niche a long time ago, and DUSK doesn't seem to me as any of the competitors to ETH. Moreover, this project is more about data transmitting, not about pure crypto, tokens/coins and blockchain.
king_of_alts

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 06:16:20 PM

Ethereum had occupied its niche a long time ago, and DUSK doesn't seem to me as any of the competitors to ETH. Moreover, this project is more about data transmitting, not about pure crypto, tokens/coins and blockchain.

The team should do a video and explain dusk for laymen. It seems not many of us have fully  understood what it will be.  Grin
viljy

Activity: 1750
Merit: 880

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 06:59:07 PM

The team should do a video and explain dusk for laymen. It seems not many of us have fully  understood what it will be.  Grin

Yes, that would be nice to do. As I understand it, this is an anonymous network that allows private transfer of information.
wissy

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 07:00:21 PM

The team should do a video and explain dusk for laymen. It seems not many of us have fully  understood what it will be.  Grin

Technical stuff are hard to understand. I think they have a series of articles explaining how Dusk would operate, but videos I think would be better.

mr.robot8

Activity: 938
Merit: 159

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2018, 08:13:11 PM

I know a lot of private coins already (Dash, Monero, Zcash, Spectrecoin, Deeponion). What advntages you offer before this coins?

None of those coins has features which will allow to transfer data safely, this is one of the major difference they are trying to sell

Also there is a table in this thread shows the main differences between mentioned project, maybe that table is in whitepaper too?

Actually, we asked a table about that, but there is none so far. Probably you are remembering that.

Don't know if the table was posted here but there is one in the FAQ section of their website. https://dusk.network/faq/

there are already a lot of anonymous coins around, but i think that dusk offers another service its own blockchain, network and secure transactions, i do not think it will replace monero but it will still be a viable alternative
Frank37

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 08:35:11 PM

Technical stuff are hard to understand. I think they have a series of articles explaining how Dusk would operate, but videos I think would be better.

And if you can see the CEO in the video this additionally creates trust.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Trrrt

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 10:12:29 PM

Yes vidéos could be interesting to explain some features of the project. Dusk network has a very nice potential but it’s always better when everyone can understand it. Also videos is a nice way to earn in visbiiity for the project.
rjp55

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2018, 04:48:54 AM

I know a lot of private coins already (Dash, Monero, Zcash, Spectrecoin, Deeponion). What advntages you offer before this coins?

None of those coins has features which will allow to transfer data safely, this is one of the major difference they are trying to sell

Also there is a table in this thread shows the main differences between mentioned project, maybe that table is in whitepaper too?

Actually, we asked a table about that, but there is none so far. Probably you are remembering that.

Don't know if the table was posted here but there is one in the FAQ section of their website. https://dusk.network/faq/

Yes that's table i'm talking about, it compares all the dusk's competitions have known for so far, big ones.

░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░                                         
              ░░▒▓▓███▓▓░░████████████████▓░                                   
          ░▓▓▓▒██████████░ ███████████████████▒                                 
       ░▓██▒░  ███████████▓ ▒███████████████████▓▓▓▓▓████▓▓                     
  ▒▓▓▓██▒     ████████   ▒██░ ██████████▓▒░      █████████████████▓▓▒░         
 ▓█▒░░        ▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓  ░▒███░ ▓▓▓▒░░   ░░▒▒▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒       ░▒▓███████▓▒░   
 █                                               ░▒▒▓▓██████████▓▒░░░▒▓██████▓█
 █▒  ▒▓▓▒░▒▓█▓▓▓▒▒▒▒░░                                    ░▒▓▓████████▓▓▒░   ▒█
 ░█ ▒████▓  ▒▒░▒▒▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▒▒▒░                            ░▒      ░▓██ 
  ▒███▒▓▓██  ░              ▒░░█████▓▓▓▓██▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░          ░░ ▓██████▓▓▒
    ▓█▓▓▒▓█▓ ▒              ▒▒▓███  ███████████▓▓█▓░░▒▒░░░  ▓███████▓████████ ▓█
     ░█  ▓██▓▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓████████▓░   ████▒▒▓▓▓▓██████      ░ ████████▒█████▓▒  ▒█
      ▓▓▓▓████▓▒░░                ▒███ ░███▓█▓▓████░    ▓ ████████▓▓█▓▒    ▓▓▓ 
      ░▓█████▓▒▓██████▓▒░         ▒██▓ ██▒  ██▓▓████    ▒  ░            ▒██▒   
        ░▒         ░▒▓█████████▓▒  ██▒ █▓    ██▒█████    ▒▒▒░░░▒░░░█▓▒▓██▓     
                          ░▒▓█████████ ██    ▓█▒█████▓             ░▓██▓       
                                  ░▒▓█▓ ██ ░▒██░██████▓  ▒▒▒░   ▒▓███▒         
                                      █▓▒▓████░▓████▓ ▓▓▓██████████░           
                                       ▓█▓▓▓▓▓█████▓          ░▒▒               
                                         ▒▓▓██▓▒░                               

|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ███████████▀     ██ ██
██ ██████████▌   ▄▄▄██ ██
██ ██████████   ██████ ██
██ ███████          ██ ██
██ ███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄██ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
|
Whitepaper
Ann Thread
Bounty Thread
MattLeBlanc

Activity: 364
Merit: 37

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 06:19:56 AM

Yes vidéos could be interesting to explain some features of the project. Dusk network has a very nice potential but it’s always better when everyone can understand it. Also videos is a nice way to earn in visbiiity for the project.

Totally agree. Videos are a great way to spread the value and key points in visual way to most users of your community. There are even many youtubers these days who actually do a great job in depicting a project.
levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 06:50:27 AM

Totally agree. Videos are a great way to spread the value and key points in visual way to most users of your community. There are even many youtubers these days who actually do a great job in depicting a project.

I love animation videos, mostly in project website, tells the project like you are a dummy.

But maybe dusk network is too sophisticated for such a video Smiley

jonnytracker

Activity: 672
Merit: 261

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 07:34:54 AM

I dont' know if its just me but infographic intro videos has an impression of being a higher quality project. I think its a very good marketing move to publish those videos
DuskNetwork (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 474
Merit: 21

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 08:42:41 AM

What you mean? You will have smart-contracts for creatin tokens like Ethereum as well? Whats mean your Consensus "SBA⋆" ?

SBA⋆ is a form of consensus. Currently the most used mechanisms for consensus are either PoW (proof-of-work, mining) and PoS (proof-of-stake, staking).

SBA⋆ uses existing ideas like Cryptographic Sortition(lottery), and combines it with concepts like stealth time-locked transactions to implement simple but secure communication that can be audited. SBA* makes use of a few different types of actors in the network to reach consensus:
  • (super)Nodes. These are points in the network that facilitate transactions. They compete with each other for the generating and proposing blocks. These are computationally very light tasks, and a node will not require high computational power, or a big stake.
  • Provisioners. These are nodes that have committed a certain minimum stake to the Dusk Network and take care of more intensive tasks such as block verification, voting, and notarization (VVN operations). These types of nodes are non-transactional.

By splitting tasks based on intensity and relaying them to transaction and non-transactional nodes the network’s speed greatly increases, whilst decreasing the chance of a partitioned network, and guaranteeing a higher availability of the network. Using SBA* there is no chance of an unintended fork of the blockchain, meaning there will be no doubt about what the main branch is. This translates into the appealing property of achieving transaction “finality” as soon as consensus is reached for a block.
the_donald

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 08:44:19 AM

I dont' know if its just me but infographic intro videos has an impression of being a higher quality project. I think its a very good marketing move to publish those videos

marketing has to contain a mix of video, audio and written messages. glad to see the dusk tam understands this.

DuskNetwork (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 08:44:53 AM

Would you consider doing chat with Ivanontech? He is a coder/youtuber who could dumb down and explain to investors the pros and cons of your concept. He does github reviews as well.

Sounds interesting, I'll see if there are any possibilities Wink
DuskNetwork (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 08:47:41 AM

I think that all these projects are experiencing a crisis period due this market, perhaps everything will change when the bull market comes and teams of these projects would be work at full strength with new enthusiasm.

The state of the market should not have any influence on the development side of the project.
DuskNetwork (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 08:51:25 AM

DuskNetwork (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 08:57:05 AM

We are actually building our own blockchain with our own consensus mechanism. The token we'll release after the sale has been conducted is just the ERC20 equivalent. Dusk will NOT be building on top of Ethereum.
DuskNetwork (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 09:00:27 AM

I think they don't have any investors now, otherwise we would be informed. What for to hide good news from the public..

We are selling in private placement only which means the terms are private. To honour our own terms we can't just release the information about our investors. Wentworth Hall Family office is the only one we can disclose at the moment. We have several other high profile VCs especially in the confidentiality space. We will release one of the active investing partners this coming week. 
DuskNetwork (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 09:06:55 AM

User friendly with maintaining privacy is most important for mainstream adoption. Regulation might play bigger role. How DUSK is planning to deal with government interference specially china? is users able to use DUSK platform in china? 

This is a misconception. In democratic societies, privacy is very well accepted and even enforced at legislative levels by policy makers. An example is the GDPR. Another is the SEC enforcing secrecy to trading bodies in the stock market to prevent price manipulation. The Dusk Network provides the same level of privacy enforced by regulators. Only, it eliminates the “trusted third party” and returns the power of disclosure directly to the user.

For instance, in the case of payment, it is the responsibility of the wallet holder to show the details of the transactions on request of the auditors (by providing a view-key). In the use case of security, compliant confidentiality is achieved with KYC built in the protocol and the use of zero knowledge accumulators to keep the whitelist confidential.

Besides that, everyone will be able to use the Dusk platform!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 165 »
  Print  

Jump to: