Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 06:58:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 [267] 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814498 times)
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2015, 04:41:48 PM

The failure of NameCoin:

“It's a pity, because these guys are all absolutely brilliant computer scientists, but they have zero idea how to spread something and get adoption.”

http://cointelegraph.com/news/114129/why-namecoin-didnt-take-off-a-cautionary-tale

Worth a read...

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2015, 04:50:15 PM

The failure of NameCoin:

“It's a pity, because these guys are all absolutely brilliant computer scientists, but they have zero idea how to spread something and get adoption.”

http://cointelegraph.com/news/114129/why-namecoin-didnt-take-off-a-cautionary-tale

Also worth a read...

"Circle Building Its Global Vision Thanks to $50M Investment from Goldman Sachs and Others"

http://cointelegraph.com/news/114130/circle-building-its-global-vision-thanks-to-50m-investment-from-goldman-sachs-and-others

Big money is moving in.

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2015, 05:27:43 PM

The failure of NameCoin:

Worth a read...

I'm glad you mentioned this. Here is another quote from CryptoMoms

Quote from: CryptoMoms
Interesting article here on women in bitcoin. To summarize it is suggesting that the majority of women are less interested in the technology and potential to solve the worlds financial problems, and more interested in how it can impact their daily lives and management of their accounts.

Why women stay away from bitcoin

They care less about the payment process than the retail experience, says Izabella Kaminska

Well, I’d say the heart of that problem is the fact that bitcoin doesn’t solve any of the pressing problems that women, as traditional custodians of the family wallet, have with payments. To make women want to use bitcoin in large numbers you would need to show it will solve a pressing payments problem better than the current system. But bitcoin’s primary problem-solving capacity lies more in defending privacy and circumventing the need to trust others.

Source: http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/0d52ab06-ef41-11e4-a6d2-00144feab7de.html?utm_content=buffer272e7&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer#axzz3YuyeKz6L

To reach the other 99% of the world, DNotes is focused on what this technology can do for people and how it can help them in their daily lives. It will be a progression, with many steps and transformations to get to that end goal of mass adoption. When you step back and take a good look at the landscape and what digital currency can be in the future, it's easy to see DNotes is heading in the right direction.

Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 07:13:09 PM

The failure of NameCoin:

Worth a read...

Interesting reading. It is a pity, but that is not the only sad story in our industry. It is the norm than the exception. A good idea is just not good enough. Even having the smartest coders and a boatload of VC funding may not be good enough. In my 40 years as a super charged entrepreneur, I have never seen any business or industry as challenging as this one. Neither have I ever spent so many hours, and still watch my list of projects and tasks grow by the day. It does not look like that there is much time to rest until I am firmly convinced that DNotes has established a solid foundation. In other words, the master mold has to be completely built and ready to punch out as many parts as there is demand for. I trust that we are no more than a year from that point.

CRISP For Employee Incentive Benefits will be officially launched during the week of May 25, 2015 with a full press release. That is another building block vital to complete our master strategic plan. It will be paired with our already launched CRISP For Retirement targeting small business owners from start-up to $50 million in revenue. It may take a generation to win them all but, learning from indiamikezulu it may only take a few small cities to prove that DNotes is indeed superior to fiat currency. We know the value of DNotes as a "Unit of Exchange",(about 5,000 satoshi) we know that it has been a great "Store of Value" ( appreciating from about 200 satoshi in March 2024 to 5,000 satoshi today) Our new stakeholders and their employees will soon find out that it is far superior as a form of payment with near zero transaction fees, and added cost of charge-backs. Based on our track records of consistently creating higher highs and higher lows, it may even be worth a little more by the time or merchants have a chance to cash DNotes. Yes, it  also comes with a few competitive advantages. 
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 12:04:54 AM

"I have never seen any business or industry as challenging as this one."

This really encourages me, Dyna. I have taken a lot of flak over this. Sales is not my background. But it doesn't need to be to comprehend that sitting in your mom's basement, waiting for Money Bags Investors to find you, isn't gonna end well.

One coin, a technically fine crypto, explicitly took this position; and failed horribly.

Mark (IndiaMikeZulu), Australia
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2015, 12:38:58 AM

This really encourages me, Dyna. I have taken a lot of flak over this. Sales is not my background. But it doesn't need to be to comprehend that sitting in your mom's basement, waiting for Money Bags Investors to find you, isn't gonna end well.

One coin, a technically fine crypto, explicitly took this position; and failed horribly.

I'm sure many have fallen by the wayside in a similar fashion. Dyna has a point there, however all that means is we all need to keep on our toes and ensure DNotes is growing everyday. This forum is an important part of that.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 01:05:46 AM

Thanks, Mark. I have always worked hard in my life but must add that I have never worked this hard. What truly challenged me are the possibilities that this can truly be utilized in a global scale to improve the standard of living for millions, perhaps a lot more, around the world. I always believe that the principles of managing a small project successfully are the same as managing a very large project even of full global scale. This is the challenge of I life time.  I am honored to give it my best shot and most appreciative of the help, kind words and encouragement you all have given me.

I have now built up over 1000 LinkedIn connections with people from many different industries, fairly well represented around the world. This is part of our strategic positioning to take DNotes to the next level. We will succeed where Bitcoin has failed. There must be trust and integrity in building a digital currency  for everyone and not be limited to the privileged few. We trust that the hard work we put in, will mutually benefit everyone who contributed to its success.
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 07:17:35 AM

Well, Dyna, it's now my turn to encourage you -- and if I'm teaching you to suck eggs here, you say so (but one member of IndiaMikeZulu was mining cryptos when there were only five . . . )

When we started our commercial development work, the 'adoption case' was literally Internet business by Internet business, with a lot of gambling and other wouldn't-let-your-kids-view-this stuff.

'Outside' businesses treated us like scammers or fools.

Bank spokespeople spent literally months on end 'in a meeting.'

Government agencies treated us like fools.*

The mainstream media callously associated crypto folk with pedophilia (Tor network), terrorism, tax evasion, money-laundering, drug-peddling, and ponzi schemes.

But by early 2014, the tide had turned -- although Bitcoin's price was dropping. Not only were much larger companies undertaking to accept cryptos, but a number -- like Dell Computers -- weren't 'just' Internet companies. The dawning comprehension of the centrality of the blockchain itself helped a great deal.

And at this point? I can hardly keep pace!

*Check this one: ' . . . Bitcoins . . . are issued by commercial enterprises.'

http://www.austrac.gov.au/sites/default/files/documents/typ_rprt12_full.pdf

While in search of detail on Australian Government positions on cryptos, we pointed out politely but point blank that this isn't true.

Answer: we don't care. Ring another Department.

Mark
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 11:29:26 AM

What technologies are most important to the future and success of DNotes?

1 ) An easy to use merchant payment verification system that doesn't require a third party
2 ) Cloud storage of the blockchain. Wallets sync with cloud instantly and no lag time at startup. This is a centralized item, however, but would be of great benefit. Instant syncing, instant sending, etc.
3 ) Versatile tipping program for various websites and social media outlets
4 ) POS style reward system
5 ) Making DNotes secure for everyone to use no matter their situation
6 ) Instant exchange functionality for the DNotesVault
7 ) Total smartphone solution for all DNotes functionality including vault and instant exchange functionality

What major issues with the existing financial system can DNotes solve?

1 ) Instant transfers of money.
2 ) Micro transactions, under $1 are not feasible. The transaction fees make micro transactions unprofitable if not impossible.

What services are most important to the future and success of DNotes?

1 ) Direct and simple fiat to DNotes exchange.
2 ) DNotes investment fund that is SEC approved and tradeable on a major stock exchange
3 ) Accessibility and Ease of Use
4 ) CLEARLY outlining benefits, programs, future of DNotes
5 ) 24/7 support
6 ) Multilingual support
7 ) Assurance of store of value
8 ) Credit/Debit Card
9 ) ATM services
10 ) Refill service for prepaid/sim cards

What major obstacles does DNotes face to achieve success?

1 ) Half of the world's population does not have banking access and is therefore excluded from participating in economic growth.
2 ) Combating and rising above the bad reputation bitcoin has (whether it is deserved or not).
3 ) Mainstream media negativity of any cryptocurrency in general.
4 ) Develop global name recognition. When people think "crypto" or "Bitcoin" now, they should simply think "DNotes" in the future.

Adding the investment fund to the list of services. Let me know if anyone comes up with anything else. I also would like to add something about how DNotes will likely grow/evolve.

I would like to see DNOTES cooperatives sprout in every town and village, especially in the areas where peeps don't have banks, engaging in cottage and small industry/sustainability projects then stakeholders and workers in the cooperative can also benefit... COOPS are the best distribution of wealth micro/economics model there can be at this time of our civilization..

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 03:01:01 PM

1 ) An easy to use merchant payment verification system that doesn't require a third party
2 ) Cloud storage of the blockchain. Wallets sync with cloud instantly and no lag time at startup. This is a centralized item, however, but would be of great benefit. Instant syncing, instant sending, etc.
7 ) Total smartphone solution for all DNotes functionality including vault and instant exchange functionality

2 ) Micro transactions, under $1 are not feasible. The transaction fees make micro transactions unprofitable if not impossible.

2 ) DNotes investment fund that is SEC approved and tradeable on a major stock exchange
5 ) 24/7 support
6 ) Multilingual support
8 ) Credit/Debit Card
9 ) ATM services

1 ) Half of the world's population does not have banking access and is therefore excluded from participating in economic growth.
2 ) Combating and rising above the bad reputation bitcoin has (whether it is deserved or not).
4 ) Develop global name recognition. When people think "crypto" or "Bitcoin" now, they should simply think "DNotes" in the future.

Adding the investment fund to the list of services. Let me know if anyone comes up with anything else. I also would like to add something about how DNotes will likely grow/evolve.

I would like to see DNOTES cooperatives sprout in every town and village, especially in the areas where peeps don't have banks, engaging in cottage and small industry/sustainability projects then stakeholders and workers in the cooperative can also benefit... COOPS are the best distribution of wealth micro/economics model there can be at this time of our civilization..

You are exactly correct, Qiwomen2. Among others, that is one of DNotes core missions. I am in the process of engaging many local and international organizations, introducing them to DNotes and our different projects targeting various global issues. DNotes is not the total solution. It is a vehicle to enable the most viable solutions when working together in concert with other international organizations, including those like Bill and Melinda Gates foundation who are extremely well funded. Together, many local/micro projects can thrive leading many to rise from poverty.

Our community and potential investors need to know that DNotes is a digital currency for everyone and not just the privileged few. Our missions are ambitious and even aggressive. That is factually correct. We have embarked on a very bold mission. It has taken us over a year to build a solid foundation and our own ecosystem system utilizing highly scalable building blocks. To me, it is not the size or scope of the project. It is about developing winning strategies and great executions at the most opportune time.

RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2015, 03:42:09 PM

"Bitcoin Investment Trust’s GBTC Begins Trading on Public Markets"

The publicly traded shares of the Bitcoin Investment Trust (BIT) have officially started trading under the ticker GBTC. For the first time in its history, Bitcoin can now be bought and sold on the public markets. According to posts on Reddit and Twitter, it seems like some of the trades that so far have gone through indicate that GBTC is trading much higher than on actual Bitcoin exchanges – relatively speaking. Some traders have paid up to the equivalent of US$1750 per bitcoin.

Seriously? There's a problem here. Why would an investor pay $1750.00 for a commodity traded in a fund that is available for $240.00 in other markets? 

DNotesVault
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2015, 04:02:03 PM

You are exactly correct, Qiwomen2. Among others, that is one of DNotes core missions. I am in the process of engaging many local and international organizations, introducing them to DNotes and our different projects targeting various global issues. DNotes is not the total solution. It is a vehicle to enable the most viable solutions when working together in concert with other international organizations, including those like Bill and Melinda Gates foundation who are extremely well funded. Together, many local/micro projects can thrive leading many to rise from poverty.

Our community and potential investors need to know that DNotes is a digital currency for everyone and not just the privileged few. Our missions are ambitious and even aggressive. That is factually correct. We have embarked on a very bold mission. It has taken us over a year to build a solid foundation and our own ecosystem system utilizing highly scalable building blocks. To me, it is not the size or scope of the project. It is about developing winning strategies and great executions at the most opportune time.

5 ) 24/7 support
6 ) Multilingual support
8 ) Credit/Debit Card
9 ) ATM services

What will aid the growth/evolution of DNotes, leading to mass adoption?

1 ) COOP's in Micro Communities

Qiwoman, adding your comment in the new section. Looking for suggestions to add to the new section.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2015, 04:16:18 PM

The publicly traded shares of the Bitcoin Investment Trust (BIT) have officially started trading under the ticker GBTC. For the first time in its history, Bitcoin can now be bought and sold on the public markets. According to posts on Reddit and Twitter, it seems like some of the trades that so far have gone through indicate that GBTC is trading much higher than on actual Bitcoin exchanges – relatively speaking. Some traders have paid up to the equivalent of US$1750 per bitcoin.

Seriously? There's a problem here. Why would an investor pay $1750.00 for a commodity traded in a fund that is available for $240.00 in other markets? 

Read the article and it doesn't exactly make sense to me either. I did find this snippet;

"However, this ensures that the average individual can now purchase shares of bitcoin without having to own the physical asset; further, it gives them an easy outlet for adding bitcoin to their retirement account."

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 04:30:11 PM

If someone did pay the price of an equivalent of $1750 per Bitcoin, it could be just 1 GBTC (one unit of the Bitcoin ETF) One Bitcoin = 10 GBTC(s) So that could have been a $175 trade, perhaps even less for fraction of a unit. That trade could have been done for sensational headline in a thinly traded market. If I remember correctly, they started out with 10,000 BTCs or 100,000 GBTCs.

Many traders do not trade based on fundamental values. They play the spread. They can also incorporate hedging strategies to protect themselves. Apparently, Bitcoin has become very attractive for day traders, and many more will want to play. I believe that Bitcoin will be around for a very long time. It is becoming a good vehicle for speculative trade, though it may not be a good medium of exchange for goods and services.
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2015, 05:18:04 PM

Read the article and it doesn't exactly make sense to me either. I did find this snippet;

"However, this ensures that the average individual can now purchase shares of bitcoin without having to own the physical asset; further, it gives them an easy outlet for adding bitcoin to their retirement account."

Interesting, how can DNotes and our CRISP offerings capitalize on that?

DNotesVault
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 07:03:38 PM

Interesting, how can DNotes and our CRISP offerings capitalize on that?

Just be patience. In less than a year various funds will start packaging DNotes as ETF and other forms of investment vehicles. DNotes will one day become the preferred choice for long term investment, especially for long term retirement and pension funds. Smart fund managers are beginning  to recognize that DNotes is building a immensely valuable brand. "TRUST" This is one of many secrets to DNotes success. Again, be patience. We do not want to rush it and it will take time to get all the necessary regulatory approvals.

If you are a student, do not wait to sign up for CRISP For Students. We do not sell DNotes, We just want you to have an ownership without having to pay for it. The value of DNotes is in the future. It is a diamond in the rough. Don't throw it away.
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 08:06:05 PM

Are CRISP For Students and CRISP For Charity targeting the 2.5 billion unbanked, the tools Bill and Melinda Gates have been waiting for. Let us know what you think?

Source: http://www.gatesfoundation.org/who-we-are/general-information/letter-from-bill-and-melinda-gates

The core mission of CRISP For Charity is indeed to engage the top 2% to work with DNotes and International charity organizations to help alleviate various global problems including poverty and the 2.5 billion unbanked.

CRISP For Students will be positioned as a conduit to scholarship funds, grants and other student aids.

It is delightful and encouraging that Bill and Melinda Gates have specifically mentioned these two areas. I am very passionate about pursuing every possible avenue for DNotes to be a global digital currency with a purpose so that much good can be done for humanity.

I think this is a perfect match with so many of us here feeling so strongly on helping the less fortunate.  Everything they are working on could benefit from the CRISP programs.  I'm impressed with all their initiatives and for me personally, my charity of choice here would be "new techniques to help farmers in developing countries grow more food and earn more money."

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2015, 12:51:32 AM

I don't know if I would call this a Bitcoin-like system but it is interesting and certainly inspired by Bitcoin.

Someone's built a Bitcoin-like system for real gold

Once you've sunk your cash into the system, you'll be allocated the equivalent weight of gold in one of ten vaults around the world. Then, when it comes time for you to buy something, you can do so from the BitGold site, your mobile device or with a BitGold Mastercard.

http://www.engadget.com/2015/05/05/bitgold-bitcoin-but-for-gold/

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 01:47:59 AM

I don't know if I would call this a Bitcoin-like system but it is interesting and certainly inspired by Bitcoin.

Someone's built a Bitcoin-like system for real gold

Once you've sunk your cash into the system, you'll be allocated the equivalent weight of gold in one of ten vaults around the world. Then, when it comes time for you to buy something, you can do so from the BitGold site, your mobile device or with a BitGold Mastercard.

http://www.engadget.com/2015/05/05/bitgold-bitcoin-but-for-gold/

Very creative, That is an excellent way to sell more gold at a nice mark-up and collect the usual high merchant account fees.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2015, 02:48:06 AM

Are CRISP For Students and CRISP For Charity targeting the 2.5 billion unbanked, the tools Bill and Melinda Gates have been waiting for. Let us know what you think?

Source: http://www.gatesfoundation.org/who-we-are/general-information/letter-from-bill-and-melinda-gates

The core mission of CRISP For Charity is indeed to engage the top 2% to work with DNotes and International charity organizations to help alleviate various global problems including poverty and the 2.5 billion unbanked.

CRISP For Students will be positioned as a conduit to scholarship funds, grants and other student aids.

It is delightful and encouraging that Bill and Melinda Gates have specifically mentioned these two areas. I am very passionate about pursuing every possible avenue for DNotes to be a global digital currency with a purpose so that much good can be done for humanity.

I think this is a perfect match with so many of us here feeling so strongly on helping the less fortunate.  Everything they are working on could benefit from the CRISP programs.  I'm impressed with all their initiatives and for me personally, my charity of choice here would be "new techniques to help farmers in developing countries grow more food and earn more money."

I know he has been busy getting shipping started for the daylily farm, but I'm sure that is something Smokey would be really interested in as well.

Pages: « 1 ... 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 [267] 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: