Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:58:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 [273] 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814493 times)
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 05:19:11 AM

Brief Update:

The Chicago Bitcoin Meetup went extremely well. I have a good feeling that this will open up a lot of opportunities for DNotes and others. As things develop we will be deciding if DNotes will be switching over to the fast track. From my prospective we are doing significantly better than I had ever imagined. This is made possible because of your support and dedication, something we all should be proud of.

I will be out of town the next couple of days. Please support the forum as much as you can. I will be checking in when I have a chance. Thanks, for your support.

What is the fast track? I know either way I am hanging on for long term growth in DNOTES because it is made up fo a really sincere group of individuals and now DNOTES is well underpriced it's a great chance to grab some more.. Smiley

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 06:09:27 AM

Brief Update:

The Chicago Bitcoin Meetup went extremely well. I have a good feeling that this will open up a lot of opportunities for DNotes and others. As things develop we will be deciding if DNotes will be switching over to the fast track. From my prospective we are doing significantly better than I had ever imagined. This is made possible because of your support and dedication, something we all should be proud of.

I will be out of town the next couple of days. Please support the forum as much as you can. I will be checking in when I have a chance. Thanks, for your support.

What is the fast track? I know either way I am hanging on for long term growth in DNOTES because it is made up fo a really sincere group of individuals and now DNOTES is well underpriced it's a great chance to grab some more.. Smiley

Our original plan called for a fairly conservative build up for the balance of 2015 with a gradual ramp up beginning in early 2016. Based on very positive industry feed back we have been getting, including significant funding prospects, we are evaluating various options that could propel DNotes to be a major player ahead of our projected schedule. 
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2015, 12:47:35 PM

Source: http://themanwiththecap.blogspot.com/2015/05/interview-alan-yong-of-dnotes.html

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 03:30:01 PM

Brief Update:

Our original plan called for a fairly conservative build up for the balance of 2015 with a gradual ramp up beginning in early 2016. Based on very positive industry feed back we have been getting, including significant funding prospects, we are evaluating various options that could propel DNotes to be a major player ahead of our projected schedule. 

Congratulations on your success at the Chicago Bitcoin Meetup.  After watching how this team works for over a year, I have never doubted that success is coming, but the chance of it happening this soon is amazing!

"Interview - Alan Yong of DNotes" - http://themanwiththecap.blogspot.ca/2015/05/interview-alan-yong-of-dnotes.html

Fantastic job on the interview - it deserves a spot in our history book! Wink

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
infovortice2013
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2015, 03:56:07 PM

yeah congrats team for good job and keep going, not forgot one step and each one coming going to have more relevance

Thanks for link share! i must add to spanish blog.

Dont know who is bumping but is making big mistake  Roll Eyes
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 03:56:45 PM
Last edit: May 13, 2015, 04:12:11 PM by TeeGee

That is a superbly communicated article by DYNA / Alan Yong.

I shared my personal highlights from the above interview to my Facebook wall. I particularly enjoyed the part about first mover advantage, laying the ground work, to then be leapfrogged by a more strategic second mover. Other highlights for me include purposefully withholding project information until they near completion, to help the currency go less noticed by ravenous speculators who buy up expecting top dumping prices after the project's completion. This insulated DNotes from excessive first year volatility until it gained an infrastructural foothold for higher liquidity as it's strategic timeline permits. Many other alternatives to Bitcoin launched too aggressively, too early. At the time they acted, their actions were poorly planned and the outcome was totally foreseeable.

It is also my view that trust is the paramount ingredient in leaders. I would expand that concept, by adding that directness and clarity are the most important builders of trust. You can see that DNote's founders researched the wider crypto community, found what was being complained about, what was lacking, and then formulated a strategy to correct it. We could add analytical skill as another key pre-requisite for any successful strategy.

I wanted to comment on Bitcoin's first mover advantage a bit more:

Bitcoin laid the groundwork for Digital Currency, and is the current prevailing player in the industry. Many third parties have taken what you can do with Bitcoin to the next level, but they can easily integrate with any Bitcoin clone. Bitcoin itself has remained rather stagnant. Bitcoin's main advantages are it's age, popularity, and subsequently, liquidity. I had a thought that a friend was quite dismissive about who knew a lot more about strategy than I. It was, that when you take a large business with massive, disproportionate market share like say...Google or a very large company that is dominant in servicing needs in all three of internet, TV and Phone services - what is the best means to ensure the business performs as though it is in competition, or most efficiently, while providing maximal use to it's clients?

My friend thought that segmenting the company into smaller, more agile entities could enable said competitive status - ie. Phone company, TV company and Internet Company... or Google could separate into a marketing company and a search company. To me, this wouldn't change how efficient the new entity would be in it's industry - it would merely give it the capacity to move more freely without interference from it's former hierarchy. Where would the drive to compete come from? This is where I suggested a large company just create a separately managed wing that provides the same service under the same banner, but with it's own processes and management, to compete with itself internally. Any processes the new, smaller wing improved, could then be rolled out company wide, and the big company's market wouldn't be distorted from having an actual 'real' market player to compete against. Consumers would win, and the existing company would be so efficient, that it could provide services at the lowest cost, perhaps even costs lower than a potential new entrants fixed and operating costs would be - increasing barriers to entry. Sounds a bit like the competitive efficiency achieved by Smokey at Smokey's Daylilly Gardens only 30 or so posts ago in this forum.

I see a similar situation with Bitcoin. Bitcoin is market dominant against competitors that make perfect substitutes (Dashcoin, Litecoin etc), but it is itself a small fish to the world payments market. Having no sense of direction or leadership will be to Bitcoin's detriment. Alt coins with competent coders and developers have come along to compete and innovate. It would be expected that Bitcoin would attempt to innovate too, or adopt some of the winning technologies it has seen the smaller 'wings' in Digital Currency come out with. But for various reasons, it does not happen. I think this brings me back to Alan's winning DNotes strategy that Bitcoin lacks:

"Strong leadership, along with clear and consistent messaging, help to cultivate a highly engaged and productive community working almost seamlessly to achieve long term goals that will be mutually beneficial to everyone."

I can invest in that.

kanus1113

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 04:37:58 PM

That is a superbly communicated article by DYNA / Alan Yong.

I shared my personal highlights from the above interview to my Facebook wall. I particularly enjoyed the part about first mover advantage, laying the ground work, to then be leapfrogged by a more strategic second mover. Other highlights for me include purposefully withholding project information until they near completion, to help the currency go less noticed by ravenous speculators who buy up expecting top dumping prices after the project's completion. This insulated DNotes from excessive first year volatility until it gained an infrastructural foothold for higher liquidity as it's strategic timeline permits. Many other alternatives to Bitcoin launched too aggressively, too early. At the time they acted, their actions were poorly planned and the outcome was totally foreseeable.

It is also my view that trust is the paramount ingredient in leaders. I would expand that concept, by adding that directness and clarity are the most important builders of trust. You can see that DNote's founders researched the wider crypto community, found what was being complained about, what was lacking, and then formulated a strategy to correct it. We could add analytical skill as another key pre-requisite for any successful strategy.

I wanted to comment on Bitcoin's first mover advantage a bit more:

Bitcoin laid the groundwork for Digital Currency, and is the current prevailing player in the industry. Many third parties have taken what you can do with Bitcoin to the next level, but they can easily integrate with any Bitcoin clone. Bitcoin itself has remained rather stagnant. Bitcoin's main advantages are it's age, popularity, and subsequently, liquidity. I had a thought that a friend was quite dismissive about who knew a lot more about strategy than I. It was, that when you take a large business with massive, disproportionate market share like say...Google or a very large company that is dominant in servicing needs in all three of internet, TV and Phone services - what is the best means to ensure the business performs as though it is in competition, or most efficiently, while providing maximal use to it's clients?

My friend thought that segmenting the company into smaller, more agile entities could enable said competitive status - ie. Phone company, TV company and Internet Company... or Google could separate into a marketing company and a search company. To me, this wouldn't change how efficient the new entity would be in it's industry - it would merely give it the capacity to move more freely without interference from it's former hierarchy. Where would the drive to compete come from? This is where I suggested a large company just create a separately managed wing that provides the same service under the same banner, but with it's own processes and management, to compete with itself internally. Any processes the new, smaller wing improved, could then be rolled out company wide, and the big company's market wouldn't be distorted from having an actual 'real' market player to compete against. Consumers would win, and the existing company would be so efficient, that it could provide services at the lowest cost, perhaps even costs lower than a potential new entrants fixed and operating costs would be - increasing barriers to entry. Sounds a bit like the competitive efficiency achieved by Smokey at Smokey's Daylilly Gardens only 30 or so posts ago in this forum.

I see a similar situation with Bitcoin. Bitcoin is market dominant against competitors that make perfect substitutes (Dashcoin, Litecoin etc), but it is itself a small fish to the world payments market. Having no sense of direction or leadership will be to Bitcoin's detriment. Alt coins with competent coders and developers have come along to compete and innovate. It would be expected that Bitcoin would attempt to innovate too, or adopt some of the winning technologies it has seen the smaller 'wings' in Digital Currency come out with. But for various reasons, it does not happen. I think this brings me back to Alan's winning DNotes strategy that Bitcoin lacks:

"Strong leadership, along with clear and consistent messaging, help to cultivate a highly engaged and productive community working almost seamlessly to achieve long term goals that will be mutually beneficial to everyone."

I can invest in that.

It happens all the time, reach the top and become complacent assuming no one can bump you out of that position. It is just as difficult to keep your position as it is to achieve it.

"I can invest in that." +1
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 05:27:12 PM

Thanks for this ^^^

I have actually been puzzling about how exactly DNotes has managed to stay so stable and so antithetical to speculating, and this above insight is key, I believe. I've noticed that by the time DNotes announces something, it's not coming, it's here. I actually like that and can see how it would stabilize the value (other than the stairstep jump up after a new innovation is released, then announced). But more importantly, producing first and announcing later actually cuts way back on much of the drama and anxiety that plagues the numerous altcoin projects that pre-announce.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words and warm welcome too. I'm happy to be part of the DNotes community Smiley
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 06:50:56 PM
Last edit: May 14, 2015, 12:27:04 AM by Chase

Wiser is a very active participant in the CryptoMoms forum since April of 2014, and a DNotes supporter; sharing with the community her knowledge of cryptocurrency and experience as a Mother interested in digital currency. She has written a nice post on her blog reaching out other CryptoMoms and a few posts on DNotes. I wanted to take a moment to say thank you and encourage everyone to check it out:

Welcome, Cryptomoms!

I am so excited to have found you all, and especially the Cryptomoms website and forum.

I have been involved with cryptocurrencies since mid-March of 2013, and I recently “celebrated” my one year cryptoversary. A good friend mentioned Bitcoin, I hit Google and the rest is history.

First of all, welcome to my website. The blog is my story (and learning curve) of navigating the cryptocurrency world. I learned and discovered a lot of things, made quite a few mistakes (which I hope you can avoid), lost some Bitcoins, gained plenty more, and by the end of my first year, truly came out ahead. If you want the whole scoop, you can begin reading my very first post And it begins…

Read More at: http://creativecurrencies.cu.cc/welcome-cryptomoms/

In order to be a good writer, you have to be able to communicate in a way that people will be able to understand.  Wiser is an amazing writer and her ability to write in such a way that is both professional but easy to understand for newcomers at CryptoMoms is exemplary.  I am a huge fan of her thread "Could I retire on faucets?" and I believe the answer will be YES! Never stand in the way of a woman on a mission! Wink

You have to check out her latest blog post "How I got into DNotes", it is fantastic! - http://creativecurrencies.cu.cc/2015/05/11/how-i-got-into-dnotes/

Thank you wiser.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
OCTOPARTY

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2015, 09:08:21 PM
Last edit: May 13, 2015, 09:34:47 PM by OCTOPARTY

What the team think about instant exchange ShapeShift.io , should be good ask them to add DNotes ? i read they ask popular/serius coins to list and see daily trade volume about 2500$

We did talk to them at one point. They wanted us to have a higher trading volume. At this stage of DNotes we need to focus on growth and savings more than volume.

I personally wish that DNOTES was on shapeshift as well. I know that really DNOTES has no need to focus on any exchanges since you have decent volume with your present exchanges. Still, it's so convenient and easy to use.
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 12:10:10 AM

In order to be a good writer, you have to be able to communicate in a way that people will be able to understand.  Wiser is an amazing writer and her ability to to write in such a way that is both professional but easy to understand for newcomers at CryptoMoms is exemplary.  I am a huge fan of her thread "Could I retire on faucets?" and I believe the answer will be YES!  Never stand in the way of a woman on a mission! Wink

You have to check out her latest blog post "How I got into DNotes", it is fantastic! - http://creativecurrencies.cu.cc/2015/05/11/how-i-got-into-dnotes/

Thank you wiser.

Aw thanks, Chase. I'm blushing Smiley

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2015, 01:24:48 AM

Just had a great meeting with RJF, it was really nice to meet in person.

Thank you for coming out of your way to meet with us!

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2015, 01:29:38 AM

What the team think about instant exchange ShapeShift.io , should be good ask them to add DNotes ? i read they ask popular/serius coins to list and see daily trade volume about 2500$

We did talk to them at one point. They wanted us to have a higher trading volume. At this stage of DNotes we need to focus on growth and savings more than volume.

I personally wish that DNOTES was on shapeshift as well. I know that really DNOTES has no need to focus on any exchanges since you have decent volume with your present exchanges. Still, it's so convenient and easy to use.

Thanks OCTOPARTY. It's only a matter of time before DNotes is everywhere and maybe even easier to use to trade.

RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2015, 02:04:03 AM
Last edit: May 14, 2015, 02:42:06 AM by RJF

Honestly Alan, it was an honor to finally meet you and the team in person, I've been a admirer long before DNotes. I have no doubt that the team's energy, drive and business sense will take DNotes into a successful future.

PS: Still can't get over how green Michigan is! I've been all over the country and nobody has that kind of green!  Smiley

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
TeeGee

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 01:59:07 PM

Honestly Alan, it was an honor to finally meet you and the team in person, I've been a admirer long before DNotes. I have no doubt that the team's energy, drive and business sense will take DNotes into a successful future.

PS: Still can't get over how green Michigan is! I've been all over the country and nobody has that kind of green!  Smiley

That's so cool that you guys met!

I don't know where you live RJF, but it seems you made quite the trip. I think quite a few core supporters (some of whom have been unable to frequent this forum recently) have met each other now, it speaks volumes when the co-founders of a venture make a some 3 & 1/2 hour drive make a trip to meet their supporters! That kind of travel shows a lot of mutual respect. Maybe my parents will consider dropping by Chicago (area) in June to see Smokey @ Smokey's Gardens. My dad will be in Baltimore for a conference and is taking my mother. Dad has been asking me about DNotes a lot and is keeping himself very informed. He is still grasping the difference between the blockchain, it's benefits, and Bitcoin. He got a little confused when I showed him that USAA and NASDAQ are implementing "blockchain" technology, but not necessarily Bitcoin. It took the better part of a year, but I finally convinced him to invest in some DNotes! I know my mum would love the Daylilly garden - she used to teach horticulture at a local university. I need to tell her to try and cultivate a blue daylilly... which I just looked up New Zealand varieties and it seems nobody has achieved it here either.

Now curiosity got the better of me:

I have no idea when it comes to horticulture and cultivating plants, but I do know that the flavanoids in plants and anthocyanin levels affect colour - jasmonic acid and light irradiation can increase anthocyanin levels - which more anthocyanin levels improves tomato shelf life and make them 'redder'. It appears that the only strategy to reduce anthocyanin levels would be gene inhibition in the plant itself - or would that be considered cheating / failed already?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9501130

It appears that the nonpathogenic fungus 'Cochliobolus heterostrophus' drastically reduced the light-induced accumulation of anthocyanin by repressing the transcription of the anthocyanin biosynthesis genes in mesocotyls (the part of a plant protruding from a seed, but remains beneath the ground). Manipulation of this gene, combined with appropriate soil etc would likely yield a darker coloured plant, but I don't know if blue would be possible from this. If one were to become blue from gene inhibition, combined with expert cultivation, then cuttings could be taken and planted. Perhaps daylillies can be reverse hybridized too, or crossed with itself which could evoke further change of the genes through methylation patterns (consider this genetic memory that can turn gene's on/off as such).

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC35099/9

Interesting stuff... I also know of a really good career biotechnician who lives in the states...

Hope everything is going well Malfort!

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2015, 02:05:03 PM

Although I would love to change the title of this article, it brings to light an important potential use for a global digital currency. How will the price of digital currency be affected by a recession?

TRADITIONAL ECONOMISTS FEARING THE WORST, BUY BITCOIN NOW

The chief economist at HSBC, Stephen King, told clients that the global economy “is like an ocean liner without lifeboats.” He fears that another recession might be incredibly difficult, if not impossible, to recover from. He cited factors that many don’t consider when assessing whether a recession is likely, such as a collapse of the Chinese economy, which has seen a steady decline in recent quarters.

If you bought now, and the recession hit, you might see a chain reaction of the price increasing. You would then be able to dump your Bitcoin holdings onto wealthier hands and better survive the recession. Or, for many of the things you need to do, you could simply spend your Bitcoin directly, it having increased buying power as people look to get away from a weakening dollar.

There are many ways to prepare for hard economic times. Unfortunately, in this day and age, saving in a bank is one of the least effective of them. Giving Bitcoin a try might just prove to be a strategy worth your time.

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/traditional-economists-fearing-worst-buy-bitcoin-now/

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2015, 02:36:25 PM

PS: Still can't get over how green Michigan is! I've been all over the country and nobody has that kind of green!  Smiley

That's so cool that you guys met!

I don't know where you live RJF, but it seems you made quite the trip. I think quite a few core supporters (some of whom have been unable to frequent this forum recently) have met each other now, it speaks volumes when the co-founders of a venture make a some 3 & 1/2 hour drive make a trip to meet their supporters! That kind of travel shows a lot of mutual respect. Maybe my parents will consider dropping by Chicago (area) in June to see Smokey @ Smokey's Gardens. My dad will be in Baltimore for a conference and is taking my mother. Dad has been asking me about DNotes a lot and is keeping himself very informed. He is still grasping the difference between the blockchain, it's benefits, and Bitcoin. He got a little confused when I showed him that USAA and NASDAQ are implementing "blockchain" technology, but not necessarily Bitcoin. It took the better part of a year, but I finally convinced him to invest in some DNotes! I know my mum would love the Daylilly garden - she used to teach horticulture at a local university. I need to tell her to try and cultivate a blue daylilly... which I just looked up New Zealand varieties and it seems nobody has achieved it here either.

Now curiosity got the better of me:

I have no idea when it comes to horticulture and cultivating plants, but I do know that the flavanoids in plants and anthocyanin levels affect colour - jasmonic acid and light irradiation can increase anthocyanin levels - which more anthocyanin levels improves tomato shelf life and make them 'redder'. It appears that the only strategy to reduce anthocyanin levels would be gene inhibition in the plant itself - or would that be considered cheating / failed already?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9501130

It appears that the nonpathogenic fungus 'Cochliobolus heterostrophus' drastically reduced the light-induced accumulation of anthocyanin by repressing the transcription of the anthocyanin biosynthesis genes in mesocotyls (the part of a plant protruding from a seed, but remains beneath the ground). Manipulation of this gene, combined with appropriate soil etc would likely yield a darker coloured plant, but I don't know if blue would be possible from this. If one were to become blue from gene inhibition, combined with expert cultivation, then cuttings could be taken and planted. Perhaps daylillies can be reverse hybridized too, or crossed with itself which could evoke further change of the genes through methylation patterns (consider this genetic memory that can turn gene's on/off as such).

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC35099/9

Interesting stuff... I also know of a really good career biotechnician who lives in the states...

Hope everything is going well Malfort!

We would love to meet your parents TeeGee, and I'm sure Smokey would be thrilled to give them a tour of the garden, hopefully it would be in the bloom season.

I'm not sure if a genetically modified daylily would be well received in the daylily world. Part of the culture is hybridizing. I can't say if anyone has tried it already, Jamie Gossard of superior labs is the most likely candidate and well known hybridizer. Either way, yeah, very interesting.

TeeGee

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 03:02:23 PM
Last edit: May 14, 2015, 03:13:56 PM by TeeGee

Although I would love to change the title of this article, it brings to light an important potential use for a global digital currency. How will the price of digital currency be affected by a recession?

The chief economist at HSBC, Stephen King, told clients that the global economy “is like an ocean liner without lifeboats.” He fears that another recession might be incredibly difficult, if not impossible, to recover from. He cited factors that many don’t consider when assessing whether a recession is likely, such as a collapse of the Chinese economy, which has seen a steady decline in recent quarters.

If you bought now, and the recession hit, you might see a chain reaction of the price increasing. You would then be able to dump your Bitcoin holdings onto wealthier hands and better survive the recession. Or, for many of the things you need to do, you could simply spend your Bitcoin directly, it having increased buying power as people look to get away from a weakening dollar.

There are many ways to prepare for hard economic times. Unfortunately, in this day and age, saving in a bank is one of the least effective of them. Giving Bitcoin a try might just prove to be a strategy worth your time.

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/traditional-economists-fearing-worst-buy-bitcoin-now/

I too wish the title were different. I still pay careful attention to world markets - a great indicator of impending trouble will be when the US increases it's bond rates, at that point (if... it happens), it will already be too late to exit the USD. Thankfully, I don't expect that to happen for a while. This would occur in an instance when nobody is prepared to lend to a Governments heavily in debt, the Government raises it's bond rate to attract more lenders to pay the nations outgoing expenditure. This may work in the short term; Government pays it's immediate debt, but bonds and deficits mean guaranteed increased taxes for it's citizens - which stifles productivity. The national debt is also larger, and the Government bond interest rate higher; The Government then pays a higher interest rate to repay an even larger debt! It's terrible finance policy, I'm sure nobody thinks it's sustainable long-term, and everybody is looking the other way. The best indicator economic performance, is to watch what the financial players, investors, and bankers are doing - they give away many tells when expert confidence is low, that are inconsistent with media narrative. These people will always want to get their own money out of the system before they tell the press to let everybody else know they should too! This has already been happening with Japanese banks, who are purchasing US assets and selling yen backed ones. Japan is in economic turmoil, possibly beyond the point of no return for the reasons described above - It's very tragic. I think the US can get it's act together, but not without short term hardship for welfare recipients and those on Government pay-checks (military included).

"When we broke the link between money and gold forty years ago, this removed all the constraints on credit creation. And afterwards, credit absolutely exploded. In the U.S., it grew from one trillion to fifty trillion... fifty-fold increase in forty-three years. And this explosion of credit created the world we live in. It created very rapid economic growth. It ushered in the age of globalization. But it now seems that credit cannot expand any further because the private sector is incapable of repaying the debt that it has already. And if credit now begins to contract, there is a very real danger that we will collapse into a new Great Depression." -Richard Duncan

Knowing that many people are not receptive to views of caution, I’ve decided instead to slowly condition people to be more open to such thoughts by gradually discussing ideas as the corresponding world events occur, but this may not be the most effective strategy to insulate as many people as possible. I think Digital Currency could be the vehicle that not only protects it's holders from external volatilities, but could work to stabilize world markets long-term.

I think that if a recession scenario like the one Mr Stephen King mentioned in the link occurs, that there would be a worldwide period of hyperdeflation for paper assets (such as stocks and bonds), as well as hyperdeflation for debt based assets (such as housing and automobiles). This environment of hyperdeflation will be mixed with an environment of hyperinflation for precious metals (gold and silver), as well as hyperinflation for basic commodities necessary for survival (such as food and energy). Shorting paper assets and going long on physical assets has been a popular, and very successful investment strategy for investors. Friends of mine who frequent ZeroHedge.com have also had much success with this strategy the last three years. I am not a trading expert whatsoever, but I think trading on news is far more reliable than 'technical' charts (fancy guesswork). I would make an fair guess that dominant crypto's would appreciate significantly at times when the USD is less favourable to hold. I also wouldn't put it beyond many Governments to introduce price freezes or fixed exchange rates as emergency measures (they don't work).

The awkward thing about it all, is that if such a scenario occurs, it will all happen very quickly. The positive thing, is that people have the ability to do amazing things, and if they can't get change at the ballot box to prevent another captain sinking the Titanic, they can solve problems themselves. Digital Currency is one such answer.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2015, 07:05:46 PM

I too wish the title were different. I still pay careful attention to world markets - a great indicator of impending trouble will be when the US increases it's bond rates, at that point (if... it happens), it will already be too late to exit the USD. Thankfully, I don't expect that to happen for a while. This would occur in an instance when nobody is prepared to lend to a Governments heavily in debt, the Government raises it's bond rate to attract more lenders to pay the nations outgoing expenditure. This may work in the short term; Government pays it's immediate debt, but bonds and deficits mean guaranteed increased taxes for it's citizens - which stifles productivity. The national debt is also larger, and the Government bond interest rate higher; The Government then pays a higher interest rate to repay an even larger debt! It's terrible finance policy, I'm sure nobody thinks it's sustainable long-term, and everybody is looking the other way. The best indicator economic performance, is to watch what the financial players, investors, and bankers are doing - they give away many tells when expert confidence is low, that are inconsistent with media narrative. These people will always want to get their own money out of the system before they tell the press to let everybody else know they should too! This has already been happening with Japanese banks, who are purchasing US assets and selling yen backed ones. Japan is in economic turmoil, possibly beyond the point of no return for the reasons described above - It's very tragic. I think the US can get it's act together, but not without short term hardship for welfare recipients and those on Government pay-checks (military included).

"When we broke the link between money and gold forty years ago, this removed all the constraints on credit creation. And afterwards, credit absolutely exploded. In the U.S., it grew from one trillion to fifty trillion... fifty-fold increase in forty-three years. And this explosion of credit created the world we live in. It created very rapid economic growth. It ushered in the age of globalization. But it now seems that credit cannot expand any further because the private sector is incapable of repaying the debt that it has already. And if credit now begins to contract, there is a very real danger that we will collapse into a new Great Depression." -Richard Duncan

Knowing that many people are not receptive to views of caution, I’ve decided instead to slowly condition people to be more open to such thoughts by gradually discussing ideas as the corresponding world events occur, but this may not be the most effective strategy to insulate as many people as possible. I think Digital Currency could be the vehicle that not only protects it's holders from external volatilities, but could work to stabilize world markets long-term.

I think that if a recession scenario like the one Mr Stephen King mentioned in the link occurs, that there would be a worldwide period of hyperdeflation for paper assets (such as stocks and bonds), as well as hyperdeflation for debt based assets (such as housing and automobiles). This environment of hyperdeflation will be mixed with an environment of hyperinflation for precious metals (gold and silver), as well as hyperinflation for basic commodities necessary for survival (such as food and energy). Shorting paper assets and going long on physical assets has been a popular, and very successful investment strategy for investors. Friends of mine who frequent ZeroHedge.com have also had much success with this strategy the last three years. I am not a trading expert whatsoever, but I think trading on news is far more reliable than 'technical' charts (fancy guesswork). I would make an fair guess that dominant crypto's would appreciate significantly at times when the USD is less favourable to hold. I also wouldn't put it beyond many Governments to introduce price freezes or fixed exchange rates as emergency measures (they don't work).

The awkward thing about it all, is that if such a scenario occurs, it will all happen very quickly. The positive thing, is that people have the ability to do amazing things, and if they can't get change at the ballot box to prevent another captain sinking the Titanic, they can solve problems themselves. Digital Currency is one such answer.

Agreed!

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2015, 08:33:39 PM

The quote from the article below hits upon a very important topic for DNotes. "Mainstream adoption is not going to happen if you circumvent the financial system, you're going to have to be a participant in it." This is absolutely correct. Circumventing the financial system and regulations would only result in fear and uncertainty in using digital currency for the main stream public.

ItBit CEO: Bitcoin Can't Circumvent the Financial System

"Mainstream adoption is not going to happen if you circumvent the financial system, you're going to have to be a participant in it. That doesn't mean bitcoin isn't disruptive. It is in important and very valuable ways, but that disruption will never be able to reach its full potential unless you're able to interface with the system."

http://www.coindesk.com/itbit-ceo-bitcoin-circumvent-financial-system/

Pages: « 1 ... 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 [273] 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: