Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:34:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][WOLF] Project WOLF  (Read 130988 times)
domtasc3

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 12:03:54 PM

There will be no quick price rise with a new dev or with the old dev... It will take months to rise and it will require new features.

Regarding those new features I think InsanityDev is the best person to deliver them as he has already prototypes. Even if he cannot work full-time I think he will still go faster than any new dev that we would hire.

I agree that disappearing was not a good idea but he seems to have serious family issues and I can understand that real life goes before crypto life. He now agrees to come here and give an update twice per week, which I think is good. So we should give him one or two months and see after that where we are at. In the meantime, if people want to do promotion or help on development I think the dev will be happy to accept that. And we still have some funds to pay for it if those people succeed.

Sorry man, but until a dev shows up on a regular basis I wouldn't tell anyone to buy WOLF... I already did that and my family, friends,  and I lost over 15 BTC. From the first time the Dev disappeared I stopped telling people to buy. Awesome features or not WOLF won't make it if people don't trust the dev.
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xyzzts1

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 01:21:45 PM

Dev disappear again, I guess that's right.Prestige still does not exist

If you smile when no one else is around, you really mean it.
capsized

Activity: 67

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 02:09:04 PM

I think many here will find this android app useful for obvious reasons.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jesttek.bitcointalkAlerter

Smiley

Edit: dev's id is 249989

Join the pack - Mine WOLF!
P2POOL >>> http://wolf.pomf.me:1666
coinlover57

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 05:07:22 PM

The link to download the windows wallet is broken. Can you please provide us with a new one?
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13449734/Wallet/wallet-qt.exe

Don't use this link!!! He pasted the same link on different threads of the forum and it seems that the file is installing some kind of virus...
coinlover57

Activity: 40

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 05:13:11 PM

Sorry man, but until a dev shows up on a regular basis I wouldn't tell anyone to buy WOLF... I already did that and my family, friends,  and I lost over 15 BTC. From the first time the Dev disappeared I stopped telling people to buy. Awesome features or not WOLF won't make it if people don't trust the dev.

I have put much more than 15 BTC in WOLF so I feel your pain. And I understand that you wouldn't tell anyone to buy WOLF now. However the dev said 3 days ago that he agrees to update the thread twice per week to let us know how development is going. If he does that and delivers new features in the coming months, then people will probably buy WOLF again and price will go up. But if he fails to update the thread regularly then I agree with you that we need to find another solution.
swainzag

Activity: 209

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 08:58:09 AM

Sadly the first game was exploited by short term holders and had to be stopped

That is a little insulting.  Wasn't the whole point of this game to decide on a strategy, whether short term or long, and see who could make the most profit?  (1000% myself before dropping out due to predicting the price fall)

Personally I think the main problem was changing the schedule and game rules halfway through the game.  People became discouraged and pulled out, like me.

I saw the price on Polo and came to see what has happened to WOLF.  I was around for the beginning, watched how the first Sunday went and bought in for the 2nd and 3rd Sunday's.  I loved the game.  How greedy could you get away with being?  Everyone knew for every winner there was at least 1 loser.  I staggered my coins to see what I could get away with and ended up both weeks I played.  After week 3 I dumped what WOLF I had left for a very small profit and got out.  After the game changed to be all day trading, it just wasn't the same game. 

There was too much WOLF on the market while the buy back orders were the same every week.  People were interested in less and less profit and if you didn't have time to be around all day, or for my sake even awake at the trading time it just wasn't worth it to try and make a small percentage.  It took a calculated risk and it did test greediness of people, I wish there would have been limits on weekly buy orders and Insanity Sunday would have stayed the same throughout.  I think the price would have been more steady and would have been interesting to see once you actually got through the Insanity Sunday periods.  I do think there were too many changes along the way and reading up on the thread, the Dev can't disappear for large chunks of time in a project like this.

Anyways, for people still invested I hope this coin ends up doing something and you can recoup some of your losses.   

murrayCOIN - The Only Currency Worthy of the Name
mvag

Activity: 44

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 11:46:03 AM

Web Mining
In an effort to provide a viable alternative to the ubiquitous advert sponsored web, we begin the development by creating in-browser mining software (it should be running right now!). In the future this should allow content-lockers and ad-zones to be replaced with background mining scripts in order to monetize web content.
Milestones: Prototype, Testnet Block, WOLF Chain Block, Alternative Chain Block, Unique Transaction Algorithm

I don't think many realise how big Web Mining could become when/if implemented properly. It can change the whole paradigm of coin mining, simultaneously removing annoying banner ads from the websites you visit or maintain. It would turn WOLF mining into truly meaningful mining - the very thing Primecoin, Curecoin and others attempted to achieve with various levels of success.

This feature alone would be enough to make WOLF a massive hit, no need for anything else. I'd really like to see it happen. Good luck dev!

Web Mining can only be a good thing, if the visitor of the mining-enabled website will get a message, that his resources are being used as long as he is on the website, BEFORE he enters the page, that starts mining via JavaScript, Flash or such.
Otherwise it would be a mere theft of electricity/power and will be no better than virus-mails installing mining-applications, to run silently in the background, without the user knowing about that and stealing the electricity, he has to pay for.

That depends on the implementation of the mining algorithm. PoS minting for example does not require any considerable amount of computing power (or electricity for that matter). It could be significantly lighter than an average animated Flash banner ad.

Besides, the websites already run a lot of hidden background tasks, of which regular visitors are not aware. Take any random website... bbc.com for example... at the first glance at the source I see 6 hidden services:

Google Analytics
Audience Science
DoubleClick
Effective Measure
Omniture
Score Card Research

Zeegeuze

Activity: 175

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 08:04:30 AM

Pff, all those things don't help at all, as there won't be any coin left... There are again 3 days of no action now on Polo. It's only a matter of days before we are kicked of, and then it's all over.

We really need to take action now! We need at least some trading volume. The rest should follow from this.

Please people bind together, and start doing something, or everybody's money will be gone!!!

NewDev, do your thing!! I'm here to help.
xyzzts1

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 05:07:57 AM

Seems to disappear again, very confused about the outlook for COINS

NewWolfDev

Activity: 85

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 05:19:37 AM

Pff, all those things don't help at all, as there won't be any coin left... There are again 3 days of no action now on Polo. It's only a matter of days before we are kicked of, and then it's all over.

We really need to take action now! We need at least some trading volume. The rest should follow from this.

Please people bind together, and start doing something, or everybody's money will be gone!!!

NewDev, do your thing!! I'm here to help.

I definitely agree there. I am willing to take WOLF off of the developer's hands if you guys will make it known. Understand that I have no experience coding though so for added features we will need a developer.  If something is not done soon poloniex will delist WOLF and then our coins will be totally worthless.  We definitely need to do something quickly.  I am willing to take over and have a smaller version of Phase two (now that the dev destroyed 250k of the remaining coins) and I have some other ideas for reviving the market. I just need community support.  Like I have said before as soon as WOLF is turned over we will have IRC meetings about what to do.

The dev is obviously not communicating with poloniex. You can see that by them trying to delist WOLF last time. I know the dev has good ideas and features but if he is not present NONE of his ideas will work. So I need your support.  Let's take WOLF back over, build a good PR team, get a proven dev with good rapport,  and get WOLF back on track.

You have my word that I am not looking to dump the remaining WOLF (couldn't anyways) and I have no intention of being dishonest in any way. I'm simply a WOLF holder who wants to bring value back to our coins.
mmihai1978

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 08:20:46 PM

+7.89 btc buys today.
Zeegeuze

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 08:58:45 PM

+7.89 btc buys today.

Yes: what happened??? Does someone know more that us? It actually happened in different stages as well, which might be a good sign. Really happy to see this... I also saw the sell wall of +13BTC at 0.00035 is gone. Are things finally moving in the right direction? Hopefully this will be a new start, and price won't drop back to where is started today...
NewWolfDev

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 10:34:37 PM

+7.89 btc buys today.

Yes: what happened??? Does someone know more that us? It actually happened in different stages as well, which might be a good sign. Really happy to see this... I also saw the sell wall of +13BTC at 0.00035 is gone. Are things finally moving in the right direction? Hopefully this will be a new start, and price won't drop back to where is started today...
+7.89 btc buys today.

Hey guys that was all me. I bought and sold my own coins along with buying a couple thousand of some other traders coin. I wanted to show the community that we can get WOLF noticed again.  We just have to play our cards right. One major problem though is our current dev.  Shows up for a few replies and disappears like always. Please help me get WOLF back on track by letting the dev know you guys would like a new leader.  The longer he is the dev the more likely we are to have WOLF delisted.   Once I take over as the new leader we can get some confidence back in the WOLF market.

Zeegeuze

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 09:38:57 AM

Damn, you have faith in yourself, and your ability to raise he price, spending 8 BTC like this... ;-). Thanks for putting Wolf back on the map!

I really suggest not waiting on the remaining wolf to be handed over, as we don't know when and if that will happen. Can we please work together already and make this coin work again? As you spend 8 BTC on this at this moment, I really suggest to do this right now, and not waiting until that effect faded again. We need to grab the moment.

I don't have that amount of money to spend (I had around 7.5 BTC in total in Wolf, and can't afford anything more (my wife would kill me... ;-) )), but really would like to help raising the price. I'm sure more people here will join when the price stats moving again.

NewDev, can you contact me to see what we can do to raise the price? Meaning small buys/sells, promotion, any of your other plans,... See if we can trigger the market again? I'll do what I can to help, and I'm sure the other wolves will jump on the train ones it is moving again!
xyzzts1

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 09:58:43 AM

+7.89 btc buys today.

+7.89 btc buys today.

Hey guys that was all me. I bought and sold my own coins along with buying a couple thousand of some other traders coin. I wanted to show the community that we can get WOLF noticed again.  We just have to play our cards right. One major problem though is our current dev.  Shows up for a few replies and disappears like always. Please help me get WOLF back on track by letting the dev know you guys would like a new leader.  The longer he is the dev the more likely we are to have WOLF delisted.   Once I take over as the new leader we can get some confidence back in the WOLF market.

We will support you, because the Dev play disappear every time, I wish you success

kgghost

Activity: 22

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 12:56:39 PM

+7.89 btc buys today.

+7.89 btc buys today.

I Will support you too! Facts have proved that you are more trustworthy than DEV
ElynCho

Activity: 30

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 01:06:05 PM

I'm with u guys.
NewWolfDev

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 02:55:16 PM

Ok. Sounds like everyone is ok with it. I will email InsanityDev at his personal email account and let him know. Thank you for your support.
NewWolfDev

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 03:45:00 PM

I have sent InsanityDev an email. Once everything for WOLF has been turned over we will have an IRC meeting. Please tell anyone that you know is a WOLF holder about our IRC chat. I would like as much input and ideas as possible for raising WOLF's value.  Let show everyone how resilient a WOLF is!
kgghost

Activity: 22

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 04:41:37 PM

sounds great !
Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 »
  Print  

Jump to: