Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:59:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][WOLF] Project WOLF  (Read 130988 times)
NewWolfDev

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 12:11:56 AM

InsanityDev has given me permission to post our private emails in the forum. Since I believe it will help the community I will post our conversation up to this point. This is not meant to embarrass InsanityDev at all. As I said before I have gained respect for him.

WOLF

Insanity Coin
to me
5 hours agoDetails

I think it's time to stop the speculation.

WOLF started out great and turned in to an epic failure. I obviously missed something when setting it up that allowed some people to escape with a boat load of profit. Phase 2 went to shit, and by the time phase 3 came about I was in a financial and personal mess and just couldn't get it done.

Almost all coins were destroyed.

I owe 5 BTC to 3 individuals off the back of this, and I'm working hard on traditional work to get the funds back to compensation them.

There are some coins left to destroy on a virtual machine that's corrupt. As in I can't get them, nobody can.

The remainder I dumped at the lowest of prices not so long ago when I was stuck, taking out less than 0.2 btc on two occasions when I was really stuck.

I have 0 coins and access to 0 coins.

This certainly hasn't been an epic escape with 100s of BTC, I'm personally down all the money I've ever earned legitimately in crypto and all of my savings. Back to living day to day and trying to scrape a living from contracts like the rest of the rat race.

I am trying to get back in the crypto game by doing minor minor trading on localbitcoins, but without a decent amount of funds it's amounting to very little return.

As soon as I've been paid from the project I'm doing I'll be sending those who need reimbursed the btc back.

As for WOLF, there is an ip for an always on node in the source that needs changed to something that's reliable, that server will be going down. As for market value you guys should be able to pump it up to whatever you want, or let it die, you all own all of the wolf in circulation between you.

If/when I get back on my feet, and if WOLF is still going, I'll inject some BTC in to it - primarily because I feel morally obligated to do so. I don't know when that'll be, I hope sooner rather than later.

I must stress that you all have each others BTC and WOLF between you, but as the first few weeks showed there are always people happy to cut everyone else out to take a minor profit, if you're sure there's nobody holding who's like that then go for a pump, if you're not sure then play it by ear.

Also remember that WOLF was created to be a trading game, the currency has no value over any other alt and no utility in itself. The only thing it has is that it's 100% in the hands of traders who can move the market as they please, it also has the point that only a tiny amount can be mined, so nobody can acquire a high % of wolf by any means other than by buying it.

There's a reason I have a good rating everywhere going back many years. This has been unfortunate to say the least, but anybody I owe funds to, the 5 BTC, will be 100% refunded as soon as I physically can.

If there are any technical questions, or any code needs changed, the least I can do is contribute that.

I'm sad, and sorry, that WOLF went to shit, I wish it hadn't.. certainly wasn't what I wanted, else I wouldn't have created it in the first place. Filing it under regrets.

What else do you need to know?

Wolf Dev
to Insanity
2 hours agoDetails

Thank you very much for the honest response.  I am sorry that it turned out to be such a disaster.  Do you have the ability to code a lot of the newer features in coins now? I am not against using you as a developer at all if you are able to add requested features into coins. I just need someone who is reliable.  Did you disappear because of the pressure of everything or because you were legitimately too busy?

I think it would be really good for the community if you could post in the forum and just be honest.  It amazes me sometimes how eager people are to forgive and forget. Especially if we can get WOLF or whatever coin we transfer to a respectable price again. I think an explanation of what happened would help a lot. It has helped me for sure.

If you are legitimately too busy to be active again I wouldn't hint that way. But an honest explanation would go miles.

Insanity Coin
to me
54 minutes agoDetails

I disappeared because of the pressure of everything, and because I had to get back to working to keep the family afloat.

At the moment I do not have enough time to add new features, I can certainly make tweaks to the code, fix bugs, and discuss/plan technical things. Once I am solvent again I will have increasing time.

I would not recommend creating an alternative coin, WOLF is already distributed between all of you holders. It is profitable to mine even at the low price because difficulty is so low. There are minimal coins to be minted, if you can swallow the newly minted coins easily then there's no reason price can't go up. The only thing that can put the price down is if one of you sell. If you all agree to only sell 10% each you can inflate the market as you please, you control it. People will exploit this though and dump a higher amount out of self preservation.

The game phase worked as well as anything I've ever seen (up to a point). You could have one more game and split the takings between building a wall and pumping the market. New coins could easily be minted to do it, one code change and people updating their clients and it can be done. If you all wanted to do it I could change the code so it minted a bulk of coins and sent them to an address of your choosing.

I think gamification is the best bet. If it was multiple round, each round could leave a wall above the last. It is a worry that somebody may dump though.

The phase I outlined on the OP, with batches, would work perfectly. But nobody was interested. It's a coordinated dumpless pump.

You all determine the price of WOLF yourselves,

I may have an idea actually.. I'll think on it overnight and email you tomorrow.

Feel free to post this mail, my previous mail, any of them to the forum if you think it will help.

My main concern right now is to not owe anybody, so I want to get to that position before I show face, I'm embarrassed.
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NewWolfDev

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 05:44:45 PM

Hey guys thoughts on what we should do. New coin or keep WOLF and try to start adding features? 
xyzzts1

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 05:52:33 PM

Hey guys thoughts on what we should do. New coin or keep WOLF and try to start adding features? 
Whether to keep the Wolf or the new COINS, I think the BBS should be modified.Anyway we need COINS the resurrection.It is necessary to add new functionality, dude, we believe you

If you smile when no one else is around, you really mean it.
Zeegeuze

Activity: 175

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 08:18:46 PM

As I love the name, I would vote to keep the name. We will need to do something though to get our coin noticed again, which would be easy if we change name. Keeping wolf is a lot easier in general though.

Concerning the mail of the Dev: I have always defended the Dev until the point where we didn't received any answers. That's when I got my doubts and stated that, until proven otherwise, I didn't trust the Dev any more. I think we finally came to a point where the Dev explained us what was going on. Together with the explanation of Liteuser we can conclude that the Dev has been honest, with the big exemption of that 5 BTC he used which was not his. I feel he should have been more honest and open about it. I'm sure the Dev is aware of that as we'll, so no need to repeat it. I would have put that we could raise that amount by the community to help the Dev, but as I lost more than that amount because of this, I prefer to first cover those losses.

For me the Dev can stay involved, but please Dev, if something is bothering you regarding the coin, speak to us! That would have avoided a lot of problems, and wouldn't have left us with the current value. As usual: all ideas to raise the value are welcome!
joywon

Activity: 292
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 05:43:16 AM

what's wrong with the wolf, waiting for months Cry Cry Cry
zhangmaodaner

Activity: 73

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 09:09:39 AM

Hello NewWolfDev,

I may have an idea actually.. I'll think on it overnight and email you tomorrow.

The old DEV email you?

GlobAllCoin -100%IPO-zhangmaodaner@qq.com
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
CHANCECOIN.COM ►►| #1 in decentralized bitcoin Gambling | Awesome devs!
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
NewWolfDev

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 07:47:23 PM

Hello NewWolfDev,

He did em

The old DEV email you?

He did email me. Here it is.

"
The idea I thought of, was if you could pool all WOLF in to one fund, then the holders, or pack, could vote on what orders to place, what to sell, and when, be organized and democratic about it. It could be interesting, and prevent any dumping.

Practically it may not be of worth though, and it would mean everybody was tied to each other, no getting out early or when you please.

Not a good idea I guess"

I don't think it will work because there is no incentive for anyone to buy our WOLF. We need ideas guys. Any and all input would be much appreciated.  If we do come out with a new coin I'm thinking Cryptonote technology Smiley Thoughts?
xyzzts1

Activity: 144

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 12:59:12 PM

The next step plan? Huh

If you smile when no one else is around, you really mean it.
ap3311

Activity: 476
Merit: 300

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 03:09:22 PM

What was it that actually happened.

How did the few escape with a massive profit etc, what did they do differently to everybody else?

⚫▶      BUILDERIUM 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Creating the future you desire, one bid at a time

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
█  ██
█  ██
█  ██
█  ██
█  ██
█  ██
█  ██
YOUR RELIABLE PLATFORM FOR SKILLED &
QUALITY CONSTRUCTION CLIENTS & CONTRACTORS

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
█  ██
█  ██
█  ██
█  ██
█  ██
█  ██
█  ██

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀██████▄
▄█████████▀     ███████▄
▄██████████   ███████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▀▀██████████
█████████       ██████████
███████████   ████████████
███████████   ████████████
▀██████████   ███████████▀
▀█████████   ██████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████ ▀███████     ▀▄███▄
██████   ▀▀█▀▀      ▄█████
███████              █████
████████             █████
█████████▄          ██████
▀████████▀        ▄██████▀
▀███▀▀        ▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀▀███▄
▄███████████▀▀▀      ████▄
██████▀▀▀       ▄    █████
███▄         ▄█▀    ██████
██████▄    ▄█▀      ██████
█████████▄█▀       ███████
▀██████████  ▄     ██████▀
▀█████████ ███▄  ██████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Whitepaper
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
JOIN AIRDROP

linna

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 03:12:13 PM

The next step plan? Huh
The next step plan?

Let's flower the moon.SkMkf84Mv1gGe473kswcUwzfBc7m2QwcUA
TheSmurfsCoin.ThjHhQduSG6qfj8tMKepGmHgMK7Xp4u3ke
andyatcrux
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 01:38:55 AM

Hello NewWolfDev,

He did em

The old DEV email you?

He did email me. Here it is.

"
The idea I thought of, was if you could pool all WOLF in to one fund, then the holders, or pack, could vote on what orders to place, what to sell, and when, be organized and democratic about it. It could be interesting, and prevent any dumping.

Practically it may not be of worth though, and it would mean everybody was tied to each other, no getting out early or when you please.

Not a good idea I guess"

I don't think it will work because there is no incentive for anyone to buy our WOLF. We need ideas guys. Any and all input would be much appreciated.  If we do come out with a new coin I'm thinking Cryptonote technology Smiley Thoughts?

X11 through X22 are owned by FPGA farms and Scrypt-N's purpose is soon to be null due to Asics coming out. Cryptonote does seem to be promising.
Zeegeuze

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 07:08:48 AM

When will something happen here? We have been talking and talking, but nothing really happened... Can we plan a meeting, update the first page or do something to get the coin moving again?
Zeegeuze

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 05:02:16 AM

There is a lot of movement on Polo: over 4 BTC yesterday... Didn't see a lot changing here though: any plans, deadlines, meetings,...? How long will we wait to handle??
NewWolfDev

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 05:53:29 AM

Hey guys. There is a lot going on behind the scenes now. I have talked to one very reputable developer about coding us a cryptonote coin, but I am also in contact with InsanityDev. We have started corresponding through Google hangouts. I had a meeting that I had to attend tonight that cut our chat short but as soon as I have a solid idea that I can present to you I will be on here a lot more. 

As I said before though any and all ideas are much appreciated.
drakoin

Activity: 826

see my profile

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 06:11:47 AM
Last edit: July 02, 2014, 06:28:04 AM by drakoin

What was it that actually happened.
How did the few escape with a massive profit etc, what did they do differently to everybody else?

I might be able to explain what happened. I have waited with this, and only sent it as a PM to InsanityDev, because I did not want to harm the then injured wolf. By now, it could not do much more harm, so why not post it?  It might help to better understand ... trading as such.   That was the main purpose of the game, anyways.

Me myself, I am one of the smaller bagholders of the one-week-to-early ending of the game. I always intended to hold some WOLF, for the time after the game - but never ever I would have bought so much. It's like ... "ouch!" for me.

But what I had, I never sold, I found the price just ridiculous. And I was always believing, there will be a WOLF coin with some kind of future. It's a sad sight whenever I scroll down my /balances page - but I just don't want to believe it's over. Please make it happen!

I am really delighted, that you people took over, and keep this thread alive. Whatever plans you have, make sure to contact Tristan of Poloniex, too - or ask the InsanityDev to contact Tristan, they seem to have a good connection - so that the coin stays listed ... because you have plans with it.

Anyways, here is what I wrote in early April. It's really not connected to the future of this coin, but to the past.
May it help to understand this game that had never been played before:

Hello Dev!

I am sorry to come up with this analysis only now, when it's too late.

And I am well aware, that I didn't understand this before
- and yes, it's always easier to see the reasons for failure after it has happened.  
Still, this should be understood, I think.

I had already mentioned it in my postings:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=471166.msg6094614#msg6094614
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=471166.msg6095621#msg6095621

This is how week 1 could have looked:

That would have encouraged the high risk high gain players
to reach out for highest possible prices, and stretch out the order book
- and give the price a climbing tendency.

And the "weak hands", and more "scared" participants who go for low prices would have profited, but gained much less.

[ ... actually that same strategy is the only viable strategy I can think of that could really raise the price above 0.001 now. The gaming phase ending with creating a new pot with the promise of ONE SWEEP. (The current orderbook until 0.002 is 79 BTC.)   One last sweep, emptying the SELL book until high high high.   Then destroy all remaining coins, and immediately publish the new wallet, and a detailed plan for the future.     The main question is if the current loss of trust still allows for any more "gaming" now. ]

Instead this was the signal you set - already in week one:

... which then created all subsequent behaviour of the wolfpack.

Bottomline is:
A player profits maximally if he can play two or three times per Sunday.

So the most important message for a player to realize is:
Go low for the first bet - that guarantees that you will be playing twice.

... sooooo by week 5, this had happened:

As I said, I also didn't understand this perspective until the game is over, otherwise I would have posted it earlier.

It can actually be translated into the following ugly truth:
"Every Sunday, 100 bitcoins were taken in from investors and from players,
and then distributed among the players."

Originally, the game was not only a clever scheme to make a few players rich, it was intended to establish a stable and high and even rising price for a new coin, right?  Remember your own drawing, with the the bumps and the slowly rising price.

Right now, I cannot see how all those the gaming weeks really helped with stabilizing a price for the future of this coin. The BUY book is ~4 BTC, that's all, and half of those 4 BTC are below half of the price that everyone paid for it.

What's next?

Who would be "obliged" to help WOLF now is those who profited so much from it in the past weeks. However, I don't see how you can persuade those player-type people who profited so immensely in the past weeks ... to now support a slowly raising price game. Can you?  They are short-term oriented selfish players, that's how they got so many BTC out of the insanitygame - so why would this type of people support your slow plan now?  They will find excuses, and run away.

And any strategy you try to implement now, will be possibly to be "gamed", i.e. people will profit from it short-term, again. You allow players to earn even more. And if they can't, they run away.

There are 25 bitcoins lacking now to buy up the 26000 WOLF in the orderbook up to 0.001.  Did you get any commitment from the players in the IRC conference to invest 25 BTC now?  

Any attractive second game from here on would have to be implemented above 0.001, so if you get 25 BTC from somewhere (preferably from your "players"), you can solve it.

But any further game is problematic if it involves the remaining unsold -already dead- WOLF coins; if you try to sell dead coins, it will lower the price of the existing ones even more, because you dilute the total perceived value of all WOLF coins ("Buy Orders   Total: 3.98838659 BTC") by even more coins.

And the remaining reservoir is dead because no one is buying from the reservoir anymore. Simple to see.

[...taken out, irrelevant now ...]

I am sitting on too many unsold WOLF.
I have just done my final balance of 7 weeks.
Bottomline is, I am one of those with "free wolf" now.
I am slightly in the plus, so even if WOLF crashes completely, I am left with a micro profit. Too little profit for all the work involved, but at least I am not in minus.

However, I have a big interest that there is a future for this coin, because I am still holding on to coins - which seem to be worth less and less.  Right now, it would make a lot of sense for me to destroy the BUY book even more, by selling my coins.

The next phase cannot be gaming anymore, that looks like draining the last life out of it it.

I am very reluctant to post this publicly, because I don't want to create even more panic sales. That's why I share this with you only right now.

Anyways, and very important, I don't want to come across ungrateful:
Thank you very very much for all the learning that could take place
in this insane environment   ;-)

Have a nice day!

;-)

If anyone ever creates a similiar game on the basis of my analysis of this experiment (and I think the game could really work, if it were played in my way described above), please consider sending me a few coins --> www.tiny.cc/drakointip  <--- so please bookmark my donation post now.

As you can see, I should have listened to my darker side,
and just go and sell my remaining WOLF. Stupid me didn't.
I am too good for this world ... at least for bitcointalk world.

Because of ... so many reasons, and really not only my coins,
I would love if WOLF rises from the ashes of this amazing experiment.
(If you ever plan to exchange for another coin, please PM me early so I don't miss that!)

It is very rare,
it has followers,
it is listed at an exchange,
it seemingly has a well-working open source code;
the miner payout is balanced with the total coin amount;
and and and.

WOLF had a bright childhood, and a troubled puberty -
and it might become a really interesting adult WOLF.

Please make it happen!  I drop by every now and then, and have a look around :-)
My main support for now is that I won't sell until the price has recovered reasonably well.

WOLF was, is and will be one of my really "long term investments".

Wink

no sign of a signature
drakoin

see my profile

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 06:53:14 AM

Because the coin is so extremely rare,
there is another option.

It does not even need a whale, a mid-sized shark could do it:

The ~16000 WOLF until 0.0005 cost only ~5 BTC (!!!), and that's TWENTY TIMES the current price.
The ~37000 WOLF until 0.0009 cost only ~20 BTC (including the 5 above)
The ~55000 WOLF until 0.0010 (our base price!) cost only ~38 BTC (including the 20 above).

For a whale 38 BTC is not much, I have seen whales using twice as much as fake walls to scare people into panic sells or buys. And sometimes those walls even get eaten.

... - but by then the market would be running for this coin, anyways - if the buying up is done in a clever, i.e. slow and fast enough way, to stay just under the +10% to +20% per day radar. If done with the target of a weekend, it could work.

Look at the sell book. There are not more WOLF offered than only 81182 coins.

Once that is bought up until 0.001, there are only ~26000 available coins.

If you plan to do this scheme, please involve me. I would like to buy more supercheap wolf then ;-)

no sign of a signature
Zeegeuze

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 07:05:23 AM

there is another option.

The ~16000 WOLF until 0.0005 cost only ~5 BTC (!!!), and that's TWENTY TIMES the current price.
The ~55000 WOLF until 0.0010 (our base price!) cost only ~38 BTC (including the 20 above).

For a whale 38 BTC is not much, I have seen whales using twice as much as fake walls to scare people into panic sells or buys. And sometimes those walls even get eaten.

... - but by then the market would be running for this coin, anyways - if the buying up is done in a clever, i.e. slow and fast enough way, to stay just under the +10% to +20% per day radar. If done with the target of a weekend, it could work.

If you plan to do this scheme, please involve me. I would like to buy more supercheap wolf then ;-)

Not sure if you read the message of the NewDev before... I would advise to buy now: it is super cheap, and we are planning a relaunch of a renewed coin very soon! With every message from the Dev posted, the price will raise as people will see the new coin getting born!
Zeegeuze

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 07:08:53 AM

Hey guys. There is a lot going on behind the scenes now. I have talked to one very reputable developer about coding us a cryptonote coin, but I am also in contact with InsanityDev. We have started corresponding through Google hangouts. I had a meeting that I had to attend tonight that cut our chat short but as soon as I have a solid idea that I can present to you I will be on here a lot more. 

As I said before though any and all ideas are much appreciated.

That's very good news! Whenever there seems to be a silence (i.e 2 days without message) you come back with great news Smiley. Thanks a lot, keep up the good work, and let me know if I can help!
drakoin

see my profile

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 07:59:02 AM

there is another option.

Not sure if you read the message of the NewDev before... I would advise to buy now: it is super cheap, and we are planning a relaunch of a renewed coin very soon! With every message from the Dev posted, the price will raise as people will see the new coin getting born!

Fantastic news. Thanks a million for all the work you put into this.
Then the above might just help to understand the possibly easy ladder of the sell order book.

I had only come back to add:
For it to work it would need both - the above whalish strategy PLUS a coin with prospects, and a sound concept & team.

Not sure if you read the message of the NewDev before...

This is him, right?

Go NewWolfDev, go! :-)

And after what I just heard about the tragedy of InsanityDev ... really sorry to read this ... once this is reborn, he should benefit from it, somehow, too. Hey, just tell him to make sure to buy a few coins  Wink

no sign of a signature
Zeegeuze

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 09:10:45 AM

Fantastic news. Thanks a million for all the work you put into this.

Well, it is NewWolfDev doing all the work actually Smiley. I'm just trying to keep people enthusiast about 'our' coin Smiley.
Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 »
  Print  

Jump to: