Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:55:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][WOLF] Project WOLF  (Read 130988 times)
xyzzts1

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 03:58:49 AM

If there is no online Dev, so has been waiting for?
The so-called personal information exposure is not a joke?There is more than a BBS account maybe DEV

If you smile when no one else is around, you really mean it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
InsanityDev (OP)

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 05:57:00 AM

If somebody else would like to take over the project, or assist me that's fine - however this is not the way to go about it. Additionally I can't just hand over a large amount of WOLF to anybody, especially somebody who would attempt to use such approaches. If the project is to be handed over then (a) all existing WOLF would be destroyed first to rule out the possibility of somebody dumping it it all, and (b) certain things which I view as my own intellectual property (i.e. as yet unreleased work, web miner management software) would not be handed over - other assets such as existing released code, domain, twitter+forum account would be included.

I'll speak to some investors and associates today, and see what they want to do. Will update shortly.

daniklo

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 06:01:04 AM

The rest of the wolf must be destroyed for security reasons, just as you say.
capsized

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 06:04:28 AM

Join the pack - Mine WOLF!
P2POOL >>> http://wolf.pomf.me:1666
bule168

Activity: 29

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 06:27:40 AM

If somebody else would like to take over the project, or assist me that's fine - however this is not the way to go about it. Additionally I can't just hand over a large amount of WOLF to anybody, especially somebody who would attempt to use such approaches. If the project is to be handed over then (a) all existing WOLF would be destroyed first to rule out the possibility of somebody dumping it it all, and (b) certain things which I view as my own intellectual property (i.e. as yet unreleased work, web miner management software) would not be handed over - other assets such as existing released code, domain, twitter+forum account would be included.

I'll speak to some investors and associates today, and see what they want to do. Will update shortly.
Main is missing you too long
kgghost

Activity: 22

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 08:46:25 AM

Glad to see you again ! Dev,
xyzzts1

Activity: 144

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 09:17:08 AM

Let me guess, last time Dev that may also have no, the destruction of the Dev appear don't know how long is the disappear again,

If you smile when no one else is around, you really mean it.
Zeegeuze

Activity: 175

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 09:19:42 AM

Good to see you back Dev! I hope you can still keep the project, as you started it, and had so much plans. You speaking to investors is even better news (did the original investors dump their coins, or what happened with them?). I just beg you: please, please, please, keep us up-to-date!

Although I can't help with technical stuff, I can assist you with updating the forum, distributing coins, follow up on payments, etc... if you wish so.
capsized

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 09:23:19 AM

Disregard my previous silly post. That was just the excitement of seeing dev again.

I think the main discrepancy with this coin is it should have stuck with the Insanity Sundays
and whatever dev has in his mind with the webminer should have been really a separate coin.

Clearly dev needs some time to develop stuff and there is not enough community to carry this coin during his absent periods.
Also I think what didn't work was the planned transition from "insane" shortterm investment coin to a serious longterm innovative coin.

I don't expect dev to hand over his webminer stuff and also no new dev will want to take over a bagholder coin.

Well, awaiting the innovative ideas.
Maybe a negative POS coin where your coins get less over time? Grin

coinlover57

Activity: 40

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 11:51:49 AM

WOLF coin without innovations (web miners and other planned features from the dev) will just be another scrypt coin... In other words it will be worthless. We need the original dev to stay around and develop those features and we need NWO (and/or other members) to do promotion. It won't be a 2 weeks thing, it will take time and we need to accept that... It is the only way for this coin to succeed.

Side note: InsanityDev, I know you have personal issues. However being a bit more commited and respecting the deadlines you set would really help the community keeping faith in you and the coin...
NewWolfDev

Activity: 85

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 12:10:44 PM

Dev,
     No offense but WOLF is totally worthless.  If you turned all 330k WOLF over I couldn't dump if I wanted to. I have no plans of dumping the coins. Honestly I think both phase one and phase 2 of WOLF were both ingenious.  However the reason they didn't work is because of you disappearing. I would like to continue with phase two of the project,  but this time with a dev that is present every day. Not just a couple of  times a month. I have no desire at all to dump the rest of the WOLF. I just want our coins to be worth something again for the long term. 

I'm tired of you showing up every few weeks to work for two days then leave again with no explanation of why. What you're doing is obviously not working.  We need a developer who can be here every day. Especially with a 100% premined coin that we give our BTC directly to. Plus you never told us what you did with the last chunk of BTC sent your way. To me it looked like you sent it through a tumbler.

The reason I used "such approaches" is to get you to realize you are dealing with people's real money and being dishonest about it. How can anyone help you if we can't contact you for weeks?
InsanityDev (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 02:00:11 PM

I agree with most of the comments here, especially capsized when you mention that it really should have been two separate coins. Sadly the first game was exploited by short term holders and had to be stopped, then the bag holders demanded something to be done to to get the coin up to or above the original value, so my hands became tied to the development.

First things first, if one or more of you can get your miners going on the network, I'll destroy the remaining coins let a few blocks go past and update checkpoints, then they are taken out of the equation.

Moving forward there are three possibilities:
1) I create the new features as and when I have time
2) Somebody else takes over and develops whatever as and when they have time (although nothing stops them doing that already..)
3) People help and contribute to the project as and when they have time and things to commit, perhaps with me moving to more of a technical lead position.

If 2 happens then I'll move to privately developing my own coin and release it when finished / make it minable when finished, rather than having coins floating around during development (as ethereum have). Options 3 or 1 seem better, even if 2 clearly is the easiest path.

capsized

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 02:44:18 PM

I'll start a miner once I get home. Anyone else who wants to help can point their miners to the pool in my sig.
One problem is the count of nodes though. I noticed that I had difficulties with getting transactios confirmed when I was mining (3 or 4 peers online at that time).

In your place dev I'd probably do 2).
Maybe 1) if you think you can manage the bagholders.
For 3) you'd need a proper relaunch and rebranding to spark interest.

illiki23

Activity: 602
Merit: 295

Hail Eris!

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 03:00:25 PM

Sadly the first game was exploited by short term holders and had to be stopped

That is a little insulting.  Wasn't the whole point of this game to decide on a strategy, whether short term or long, and see who could make the most profit?  (1000% myself before dropping out due to predicting the price fall)

Personally I think the main problem was changing the schedule and game rules halfway through the game.  People became discouraged and pulled out, like me.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███    

██████████

██████    

███████████

███████████████    

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

na]][/font][/font][/size][/font][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table][/tr
coinlover57

Activity: 40

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 03:16:11 PM

2) Somebody else takes over and develops whatever as and when they have time (although nothing stops them doing that already..)
3) People help and contribute to the project as and when they have time and things to commit, perhaps with me moving to more of a technical lead position.

I would vote for option 1 if you can agree with the following:
- you update the thread every 2 or 3 days even if nothing has happened on the development side (which is understandable) just to keep the community updated
- when you say that you will deliver something on a defined date, either you deliver it or you update the community as soon as you know you won't be able to respect the deadline
- you keep a few WOLF batches aside for development funds and promotion. As soon as you deliver a new feature, you get a batch to compensate for your work
InsanityDev (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 04:07:08 PM

Sadly the first game was exploited by short term holders and had to be stopped
That is a little insulting.  Wasn't the whole point of this game to decide on a strategy, whether short term or long, and see who could make the most profit?  (1000% myself before dropping out due to predicting the price fall)

Personally I think the main problem was changing the schedule and game rules halfway through the game.  People became discouraged and pulled out, like me.

Apologies I didn't mean anything negative, to rephrase: a couple of short term traders with relatively large amounts of BTC outplayed both each other and the other holders to come out "on top", those who didn't come out on top and simply held or acquired pushed me personally toward stopping the game phase and trying to take different approaches.

- you update the thread every 2 or 3 days even if nothing has happened on the development side (which is understandable) just to keep the community updated
- when you say that you will deliver something on a defined date, either you deliver it or you update the community as soon as you know you won't be able to respect the deadline
- you keep a few WOLF batches aside for development funds and promotion. As soon as you deliver a new feature, you get a batch to compensate for your work

That sounds good and more than viable, thank you for your constructive suggestion Smiley I'll confirm tomorrow either way, but feel I go for this. The update to the thread regardless of if there's any new features is pivotal and more than possible. Previously I'd felt pressure to deliver something with each update, but a "things are on course" show's I'm still around and active. Hopefully combined with some other contributers this can make all the difference.

Zeegeuze

Activity: 175

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 04:30:47 PM

We urgently need to do something about the current value of wolf as well... Meaning no coin movement for several days now might get us kicked of
Polo very soon, which is even worse than the value being at 1/10th of its original value. Dev, did you speak to investors alreaady? Just having some buys might change the thing on the posivite already...

Any other ideas how to raise the value again? We can actually start phase 0.2 (meaning adding a 0 behing the comma of phase 2 ;-) ). Is there anything to promote already which might attract interest to our coin?
mmihai1978

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 07:31:48 PM

+1
InsanityDev (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 07:55:18 PM

I'm destroying 250,000 coins now, I'll reply with the block index once done. Circa 74k coins will then remain for various ideas which have been discussed previously, and which we'll discuss and confirm in due course.

InsanityDev (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 09:31:17 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2014, 09:56:26 PM by InsanityDev

250,000 WOLF has been destroyed in block 55e34fdb277f0d70bbac1564cf04a5db9b332c994e4150fe874f21b2efdf8de1 using transaction e5dc607e543f89d42a6162c6833621708f955cbc27847fa703e0f715284c79ff.

An additional 11 WOLF was destroyed by test transactions.

update: checkpoints at block 35000 added and main nodes updated

Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 »
  Print  

Jump to: