Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:24:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][WOLF] Project WOLF  (Read 130988 times)
illiki23

Activity: 602
Merit: 295

Hail Eris!

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 11:48:04 PM

Sadly the first game was exploited by short term holders and had to be stopped
That is a little insulting.  Wasn't the whole point of this game to decide on a strategy, whether short term or long, and see who could make the most profit?  (1000% myself before dropping out due to predicting the price fall)

Personally I think the main problem was changing the schedule and game rules halfway through the game.  People became discouraged and pulled out, like me.

Apologies I didn't mean anything negative, to rephrase: a couple of short term traders with relatively large amounts of BTC outplayed both each other and the other holders to come out "on top", those who didn't come out on top and simply held or acquired pushed me personally toward stopping the game phase and trying to take different approaches.

It is OK.  It is just that everyone who played ended up playing fair, it is the nature of the game.  Wolf was set up to have a game-based mode of distribution so if they personally profited then good for them. 

Ideally the group would profit, but this did not happen. 

Part of the game was knowing there was a chance it could all crash, it was always a gamble.   

Let us try to point no fingers.

What we need to do is give this coin some 'utility'.   The original game based distribution was very fun.  Unfortunately we need utility outside of this because it is unsustainable.

IDEA:  Build another 'trading' based game where the buy-in is WOLF.

Example:  A game based website where users are 'stuck' on a deserted island with other survivors and need to trade with eachother to gather resources and survive.

- Each user can convert their 'WOLF' to various goods in order to 'survive'.
- The site contains various markets (bananas/water, wood/water/ ... etc)
- Each week a random game market would get 'pumped'.
- Users would have to figure out when pumps are happening.

Problem:  Would take a couple months to implement.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███    

██████████

██████    

███████████

███████████████    

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

na]][/font][/font][/size][/font][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table][/tr

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
illiki23

Hail Eris!

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 11:49:42 PM

Although WOLF may not have worked out, I want to see more coins that teach trading, and more coins that implement some aspects of a game into them.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███    

██████████

██████    

███████████

███████████████    

███████████████████

linna

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 01:38:42 AM

I want to know what WOLF's total surplus now  Huh

Let's flower the moon.SkMkf84Mv1gGe473kswcUwzfBc7m2QwcUA
TheSmurfsCoin.ThjHhQduSG6qfj8tMKepGmHgMK7Xp4u3ke
xyzzts1

Activity: 144

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 10:58:13 AM

We need to actively trading, let the coin became more active, more recognized it, expect to get it Lips sealed Undecided

If you smile when no one else is around, you really mean it.
xyzzts1

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 11:00:42 AM

Dev should remain active every day, disappear can cause panic, you have seen the consequences as well

mvag

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 11:26:13 AM

Web Mining
In an effort to provide a viable alternative to the ubiquitous advert sponsored web, we begin the development by creating in-browser mining software (it should be running right now!). In the future this should allow content-lockers and ad-zones to be replaced with background mining scripts in order to monetize web content.
Milestones: Prototype, Testnet Block, WOLF Chain Block, Alternative Chain Block, Unique Transaction Algorithm

I don't think many realise how big Web Mining could become when/if implemented properly. It can change the whole paradigm of coin mining, simultaneously removing annoying banner ads from the websites you visit or maintain. It would turn WOLF mining into truly meaningful mining - the very thing Primecoin, Curecoin and others attempted to achieve with various levels of success.

This feature alone would be enough to make WOLF a massive hit, no need for anything else. I'd really like to see it happen. Good luck dev!
xyzzts1

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 05:25:29 AM

Turn WOLF into a community owned coin, with a community-decided developer.  Help get WOLF back on track. I'm not just trying to get one last big pump so we can dump our WOLF on other innocent traders and step away. I'd like to give WOLF long term value and do some very awesome things as a community. 

I just emailed InsanityDev at his personal email account and will wait for some type of reply or lack thereof to decide our next move. If I see that he has been logging online and not replying to me posts or emails, his information will be realeased.

Please understand that I do not want any threats against the Dev or his family. The only thing I believe that should be done is for everyone to contact his local authorities and tell them how much money he stole from you.  We will let the law deal with him. I would never condone any type of physical threat whatsoever.

NewWolfDev:
Where are you?Dev appeared.How do you disappear again?

sunle

Activity: 31

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 07:22:07 AM

So many wolf was destroyed.
And what's the next step? nothing? Cry
Zeegeuze

Activity: 175

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 11:13:45 AM

So the remaining wolf has been destroyed (as good as everything), and the price took another dive on Poloniex to 0.000075... How can we ever raise that price again to the original price (not even to mention the promised prices)?!! Without those destroyed coins, the only change we had to raise them seems to have disappeared... Now we just need to wait on... yeah, on what actually? I really can't understand why we didn't use those coins to try to raise the price. That was such a good plan! We have nothing left from value now, and developing something new might take months! In the meantime wolf will have disappeared totally!
capsized

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 12:47:08 PM

Dev is pulling the same thing with me as two times before.
When asking him about the phase II refund, he responds positive and then disappears.

Same two days ago.
I've had honestly enough.
NewWolfDev, mind sharing with me his priv email?

Join the pack - Mine WOLF!
P2POOL >>> http://wolf.pomf.me:1666
coinflow
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 01:18:01 PM
Last edit: June 04, 2014, 01:55:22 PM by coinflow

Web Mining
In an effort to provide a viable alternative to the ubiquitous advert sponsored web, we begin the development by creating in-browser mining software (it should be running right now!). In the future this should allow content-lockers and ad-zones to be replaced with background mining scripts in order to monetize web content.
Milestones: Prototype, Testnet Block, WOLF Chain Block, Alternative Chain Block, Unique Transaction Algorithm

I don't think many realise how big Web Mining could become when/if implemented properly. It can change the whole paradigm of coin mining, simultaneously removing annoying banner ads from the websites you visit or maintain. It would turn WOLF mining into truly meaningful mining - the very thing Primecoin, Curecoin and others attempted to achieve with various levels of success.

This feature alone would be enough to make WOLF a massive hit, no need for anything else. I'd really like to see it happen. Good luck dev!

Web Mining can only be a good thing, if the visitor of the mining-enabled website will get a message, that his resources are being used as long as he is on the website, BEFORE he enters the page, that starts mining via JavaScript, Flash or such.
Otherwise it would be a mere theft of electricity/power and will be no better than virus-mails installing mining-applications, to run silently in the background, without the user knowing about that and stealing the electricity, he has to pay for.

coinlover57

Activity: 40

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 02:56:54 PM

The link to download the windows wallet is broken. Can you please provide us with a new one?
ElynCho

Activity: 30

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 05:27:34 PM

Why Dev has destroyed those coins?
NewWolfDev

Activity: 85

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 05:36:41 PM

Hey guys,
    I'm still here. I decided to sit back and watch for a few days to see how the community felt about him returning.  He looks to be the same old dev though and once again is gone from the forum. I said I did not want the coins destroyed because we needed to continue phase two with an active developer.  Now we must rethink how we move forward from here. If you guys want the developer to turn WOLF over to me make it known in the forum. It has to be a community decision. I would like the other 80,000 WOLF along with all files and login information for all sites pertaining to WOLF. I do not want the 80k WOLF for myself I want them to prevent them from being dumped on us once we start rising. We can decide as a community how they will be used.

The argument of me dumping them is ridiculous because we couldn't dump if we wanted to. I need your guys' support if we are going to take WOLF off the dev's hands. We will have an irc meeting and appoint people to different tasks along with a new ANN and information page for WOLF.

Please post in the forum what you would like so it is clear to the community.  The dev has shown he is unreliable and in my opinion needs to turn WOLF over to the community.  I would not make any moves without community approval,  but do have some ideas for increasing the price.

Dev,

I believe I am being more than generous by not releasing your personal information yet.  However I will if the community decides WOLF should be turned over and you decide not to your information will be released.
Zeegeuze

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 07:48:56 PM

Lol, there is 1 BTC left of buy orders to dump into... Sadly enough that might be around the current value of those remaining coins  Angry.

I want to price to raise. I'm a bit hesitant to chose sides, but I'm affraid with the 'Old' Dev the price of Wolf, which is my investment, is going nowhere. I'm not technically, so I'm not going to speak about the other things the Dev promised. I understand those take time, and might be very good ideas. My mine sorrow at the moment is the value of Wolf, not a future development which will be coupled to a worthless coin (or will not, as it will be worthless, which will mean all waiting was for nothing).

NewWolfDev, why do we need to wait until the Dev hands everything over to take action? Why can't we start with promotion, delegating tasks, raising the value (we need lots of (even small) buys I think) and meeting in IRC. If the Dev keeps working on his developments, and we work on the value of the coin, it looks like nice teamwork.

If that is not possible, I prefer action above awaiting action... I'm here to help with whatever I can!

One this is for sure: we need to handle URGENTLY and we need to work with the whole COMMUNITY together!
Zeegeuze

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 07:51:36 PM

I just see a sell order of over 13 BTC at 0.000345! That's a hard one to pass when raising the price!
edok

Activity: 167

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 07:51:39 PM

Hey guys,
    I'm still here. I decided to sit back and watch for a few days to see how the community felt about him returning.  He looks to be the same old dev though and once again is gone from the forum. I said I did not want the coins destroyed because we needed to continue phase two with an active developer.  Now we must rethink how we move forward from here. If you guys want the developer to turn WOLF over to me make it known in the forum. It has to be a community decision. I would like the other 80,000 WOLF along with all files and login information for all sites pertaining to WOLF. I do not want the 80k WOLF for myself I want them to prevent them from being dumped on us once we start rising. We can decide as a community how they will be used.

The argument of me dumping them is ridiculous because we couldn't dump if we wanted to. I need your guys' support if we are going to take WOLF off the dev's hands. We will have an irc meeting and appoint people to different tasks along with a new ANN and information page for WOLF.

Please post in the forum what you would like so it is clear to the community.  The dev has shown he is unreliable and in my opinion needs to turn WOLF over to the community.  I would not make any moves without community approval,  but do have some ideas for increasing the price.

Dev,

I believe I am being more than generous by not releasing your personal information yet.  However I will if the community decides WOLF should be turned over and you decide not to your information will be released.

I think the coin should have as many reliable devs as possible, whether that's the original dev or a team that you build. DCM launch did well because they launched with already developed features and credible dev team. There is a huge opportunity with WOLF right now, especially with some of the features already developed or in progress. A new ANN with some fresh ideas and features at launch could take WOLF down the Allcoin > Bittrex > Mintpal road if things go well.

My vote is for a reliable, responsive, dev team. The best way to go about that, not sure.

illiki23

Hail Eris!

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 07:54:08 PM

Although I am not holding WOLF I do respect the developer.  It was an interesting idea that played out.  I want to see WOLF rise again.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███    

██████████

██████    

███████████

███████████████    

███████████████████

hammer1

Activity: 73

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 07:48:47 AM

Guys, this coin has been deader than dead for the past few months. The worst thing that Dev could do was disappear and he did that multiple times and has really shown his true colors. Totally irresponsible and inexcusable behavior, regardless of what's happening in his personal life, there was a lot of money on the table that a lot of people lost and he is largely responsible for that by making promises he did not keep --- primarily cutting Insanity Sunday short and then making claims of investments, making claims of his own investment, etc etc that never came to fruition. Phase Two was a total bust, obviously.

I feel badly for all those who lost money, and I am pretty glad I cut bait awhile ago and was able to sell all my WOLF at reasonable prices, though I feel bad for the people holding my bags. Good luck to the person who wants to take over, but I think it's a lost cause.
coinlover57

Activity: 40

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 08:47:13 AM

There will be no quick price rise with a new dev or with the old dev... It will take months to rise and it will require new features.

Regarding those new features I think InsanityDev is the best person to deliver them as he has already prototypes. Even if he cannot work full-time I think he will still go faster than any new dev that we would hire.

I agree that disappearing was not a good idea but he seems to have serious family issues and I can understand that real life goes before crypto life. He now agrees to come here and give an update twice per week, which I think is good. So we should give him one or two months and see after that where we are at. In the meantime, if people want to do promotion or help on development I think the dev will be happy to accept that. And we still have some funds to pay for it if those people succeed.

Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 »
  Print  

Jump to: