Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:07:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounties are STUPID  (Read 4848 times)
johnnyns

Activity: 134
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 09:57:57 PM

Bounties should be much better structured, that's generally true. And they should be strictly controlled as well, to reduce the amount of spam, pointless posts, multiple accounts and similar stuff.

But they are definitely not stupid: they present projects to thousands of people who would otherwise never hear about the project, especially with all those bans on marketing, to potential clients, potential employees, and all that worldwide... it's stupid not to use any of those possibilities when they exist and are easy to implement.

Also, what's wrong with coins changing hands? Trading is what all this crypto fuss currently is all about. It will get better over time but that's still where we are. Coins that aren't traded are kind of non-existent. So nothing wrong with that either, taking into account that majority of coins should still be kept in some cold wallets for a few years at least, till the project develops and gains some real world use.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
anchy

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 10:06:39 PM

There are different types of bounties and different types of projects, some aren't managed too well, some are pretty useless, but most still do plenty of good for their projects. It really depends of specific bounty I guess. If you're talking of things like signature campaigns here on bitcointalk forum, it simply depends of rules and managers who handle them. If they are strict enough and don't allow spam and dumb posts, they'll get only high quality posts and great amount of quality exposure to the whole crypto community. And there are also bounties that involve testing networks, reporting bugs and improving projects; those are invaluable to project owners and considering the decentralized nature that's omnipresent in crypto, would be hardly handled by the team alone. So yeah, bounties are great, just need to be done properly.
Alex09012004

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 10:11:14 PM

Bounty campaigns help projects to become more popular and well-known. Without big community it is really hard to progress and compete with other projects.
Firefox07

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 10:12:30 PM

What's the point in distributing 2% towards bounties??

Those people will flip the tokens as soon as they get them, and it's usually much less people than it looks like due to multi-account.

Also the quality of the post is very low even for hero and "legendary" members.

If I had a coin I would never ever distribute part of the tokens towards bounties; I'd see that as a kick in the nuts to legit ICO participants.
Bounties distribute a percentage of their tokens to bounties. So that they can attract more people to promote their project. Not all bounty participants . Sell their tokens immediately. There are also some that are holding some of their tokens.

cotton ball

Activity: 1288
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 10:32:26 PM

Don't assume that it's wrong for prizes that only accept tokens with a maximum of 2% of the total token sales they do, for me it's only a small thing even though all participants sell tokens that they have which won't have a big impact on investors who have millions of tokens, and make no mistakes Even bounty participants can become investors because they are very confident in the potential of the project so that they will enter into ICO purchases, I admit that this year there are so many ICOs who have bad luck the price has dropped below the ICO price but it really bad market conditions.
CopMom

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 10:37:35 PM

I do not agree with your point of view because in the marketplace, engaging in bounties is still the most profitable way at the moment. Although spam and fraud are still happening, I believe it will go down in 2019. And in 2019, only potential ICO projects will survive.

✦ ───    OATH  ─── ✦ 
BLOCKCHAIN DISPUTE RESOLUTION & GOVERNANCE PROTOCOL
▌▐ ───────  Facebook ⬝  Telegram ⬝  Twitter ⬝   GitHub ⬝  Medium   ────── ▌▐ 
meklinks4

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 11:08:04 PM

You may have a point in what you're saying; but i guess you never paid close attention to the fuss that bounties creates about coins.
Those noise may be looked down on, but they alerts a sleeping investor that something is really going on somewhere.
Moreover, that amount is not worth a lot going by the valuation of most coins that comes through ICO's these days.
I think Amazix is actually getting it right with the shortlisting stuff; but that was done in a little haste.
meklinks4

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 11:13:58 PM

I do not agree with your point of view because in the marketplace, engaging in bounties is still the most profitable way at the moment. Although spam and fraud are still happening, I believe it will go down in 2019. And in 2019, only potential ICO projects will survive.

I think he's coming at the bounty stuff from the project owners point of view, not from the participants.
His opinion seems to be that projects wastes money on bounties; that they should rather save that percentage or reward it to ICO participants.
One thing av come to notice is that most of those bounty proceeds are more retained than the so called ICO purchases.

A closer look at what's happening to SEELE should be an eye opener
BabatundeM

Activity: 317

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 11:28:42 PM

Those people will flip the tokens as soon as they get them, and it's usually much less people than it looks like due to multi-account.

If I had a coin I would never ever distribute part of the tokens towards bounties; I'd see that as a kick in the nuts to legit ICO participants.

I do not subscribe to your perspective on this. I am very sure that at one point or the other you woukd have been a bounty hunter, probably you are into sometime now but the fact remains that bounty campaign have been and will still be a sure means of promoting a project and participants shoukd be compensated for this. Concerning the quality of post, the bounty manager should do his or her job in this regard.
Primal6666

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

Market Integration Platform

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 11:36:00 PM

In this case, no one would know about your project. The text itself is not as important as the citation index and attendance. Social Networks create a reference mass, which positively affects the progress in search engines. Competent projects are asked to retweet, and not to write own posts. Because, you are right, the biggest part writes not competently and without taking into account the rules of writing advertising texts. The question should be not to Bounty, as an instrument, but to bounty hunters and managers.

OAX - BRIDGE TO TRADITIONAL FINANCE WORLD
OAX - INTEGRATION OF CRYPTOCURRENCY MARKET
■ oax.org ■ bit.ly/BttANN ■ bit.ly/ActiveBounty ■
andthereyou

Activity: 616
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 11:45:11 PM

It's obvious it's the reward for the bounty hunters, advertising the ICO for finding prospective investors.

You are right, that many bounty hunters have multiple accounts and will dump immediately after the token listing in an exchange. I think they do bounty hunting fulltime. Also this is why there are bounty campaigns that require KYC.

Yes, they don't usually know how to use a period and one sentence is like one paragraph.

I could not blame you. But how will you advertise your ICO?
MrSpasybo

Activity: 378
Merit: 19

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 11:49:08 PM

I think bounty is the best way to promote project to community. Without it you can't reach investors.
Just need to find the best bounty structure and schedule. I think this is a good bounty: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3777991.0 to distribute 2.4M GBP to supporters.
Organicco team is professional and they designed the best bounty campaigns.
dillema018

Activity: 214
Merit: 20

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 11:53:14 PM

You're kind of right. I can't think of a time where a campaign really made me look farther and invest on a coin. Perhaps they were effective many years ago when there were less people into crypto and less ICOs. But if I was running an ICO I probably wouldn't do any bounties simply because of the quality of the post that many people give just to fill in a quora.

I would rather do an airdrop.
Agree with you bro bounty campaign ow is not like before and bounty hunters now is too many compare before if they want to have a good running campaign then they should had a referral program it was easily to do compare to bounty campaign and it was one of the good marketing strategies so I rather do airdrop done joining social media campaign.
Silifatmuda

Activity: 107

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 11:58:30 PM

Don't just generalise because of your personal experience
Moreover stop using foul language
I don't know what you are facing or what might upset you
But try to exercise patience.
SarangWallet

Activity: 411

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 12:08:47 AM

I think the bounty campaign is one way to make the ICO a success. Because what they do is seen by the public. A simple example is that they carry out an article campaign, they share about the project in each blog, so that the ico project will be well-known among the public. If we feel objected to giving 2% to the bounty participants, who will know about our project.
maiden

Activity: 457
Merit: 11

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 12:33:05 AM

I think the percentage is really small, but that doesn't mean you should decide or conclude that bounties are stupid
Moreover you are not been forced to participate in bounty.
it is your decision even after reading the terms and conditions

I agree to your statement, first of all its your decision to participate or not. You actually said that bounty is stupid then why are you here? I mean why are you still participating in bounty campaigns. Before participating in any bounty make sure that you read and you’d research about the project and team members behind the project to avoid the regret.

mohammedmattar

Activity: 448
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2018, 12:41:12 AM

This is just a way to promote the project
And does not cost them much
Either sell bounties tokens
I think their impact is limited and temporary
mikewirth

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 01:22:15 AM

Bounty campaigns shouldn't be considered stupid. The introduction of an project and the introduction of the project to a larger target group. Bounties aren't as much as because there are a lot of bounty hunters and the prize usually drops at the end of the campaign.
Cryptolord_ng
Copper Member

Activity: 365
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2018, 01:33:36 AM

Bounty hunters help ICOs to get more recognized, and a new crypto project can't do without bounties unless you're willing to pay millions with usd or well established cryptos to advertising company in other to get you project out there. Flip or no flip, anyone can do whatever they want with their coin! They work for it.

KBCapital

Activity: 139

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2018, 02:43:17 AM

I am sorry I do not agree with you.
Some participants (bountiers) do their great job.

I think every project should has airdrop to develop the community, for example Facebook like, Twitter follower...
They can create as many tokens as they want and give some token in the bounty & airdrop program. How easy!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: