Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:06:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounties are STUPID  (Read 4848 times)
coingainer01

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 10:48:03 AM

It is just an advertising method. And many people knows the icos thanks to bounties. It doesnt cost so much for sharing if you compare how much they earn with it

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yslyv

Activity: 1008
Merit: 533

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 10:49:39 AM

What's the point in distributing 2% towards bounties??

Those people will flip the tokens as soon as they get them, and it's usually much less people than it looks like due to multi-account.

Also the quality of the post is very low even for hero and "legendary" members.

If I had a coin I would never ever distribute part of the tokens towards bounties; I'd see that as a kick in the nuts to legit ICO participants.

i dont think same with you for signature campaigns. because most of the traders and investors also spend time in this forum and any advertisement in this forum is totally usefull. but i can not say the same for social media campaigns.

turn the page
Rrtt

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 10:51:59 AM

Bounty hunters are the advertisers of ICO and they play a major role in the success of a project. If you mess us with them, you are in big trouble because they can bring you down. Don't underestimate the power of bounty hunters. Yes, there are those who are spammers but not all of them.
cryptoadobo

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 10:55:02 AM

Doing a bounty campaign is one of the recipe to be able to suceed on the ICO phase. It is to attract investors and ICO trackers to invest on the developers project. Although it is not huge but not all are spammers and many of us have sincere goal towards promoting a project.
ambeo

Activity: 210

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 10:58:48 AM

Those people will flip the tokens as soon as they get them, and it's usually much less people than it looks like due to multi-account.

If I had a coin I would never ever distribute part of the tokens towards bounties; I'd see that as a kick in the nuts to legit ICO participants.
bounties are promising for those who's after such kind of sudden profit. i never liked the word bounty though, it's feels like a joke or a cheap trick to attract attention of the masses

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol
Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING
[https://tokensale.w12.io/]
Dcoollakky247

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 11:00:44 AM

If bounties are stupid as you think then by now I believe you should have stopped doing it instead of telling us it is stupid and you still participate in it.
jankekek

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 11:03:23 AM

How can you say that bounties are stupid ? If the bounties that you had recently participated don't give you your rewards for your tasks, it doesn't mean that all bounties are stupid. There are still bounties that are legit and we have the chance to make money through our hardwork and patience. Bounties is the most essential option for us to earn money through cryptocurrencies without investing.
Fumzy

Activity: 255
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 11:04:29 AM

That is a harsh thing to say, you can say bounties are being used for selfish gains by some greedy bounty hunters and not that it's stupid. Bounty is one of the biggest avenues of making projects known to the public so it is not stupid. If you have not been successful in any bounty or you think its stressful, you should stop doing it. Promoting and advertising projects is not a stupid thing
Zumbiko

Activity: 180

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 11:05:10 AM

I believe that Bounty attracts new investors to the project. and for good reason you say that they are useless.
CircularLoGic

Activity: 308

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2018, 11:05:29 AM

Bounty Campaign is a great way to attract new users, investors and to promote ICO in social networks. However, the quality of promotion posts leaves much to be desired.

JohnnyBobby

Activity: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 11:06:49 AM

bounties are promising for those who's after such kind of sudden profit. i never liked the word bounty though, it's feels like a joke or a cheap trick to attract attention of the masses

I'd have to agree with your opinion of the word bounty- I think over the years the word's meaning has changed quite a bit. The original meaning was about a treasure, or riches, and nowadays I think of Dog the bounty hunter who's chasing after criminals.  Grin Nevertheless, bounties provide a good way for ICO's to get their name out there, an increasingly difficult problem with the amount of ICO's these days.
edulord

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 11:12:02 AM

It is part of their marketing strategy to hire people that will help them spread the word. That is one of their way to advertise their product to reach people. This will attract potential investors. There are many scam ICOs, but there are still legit and have potentials in the future.
Yes, I also agree with your suggestion and if the bounty is a very good one, it will not take time before it get listed on an exchange site and the price may probably increase but if it is less potential, then you can invest it in another project or buy a more potential coin. Not all bounties are scam because there are some very good ones that are worth participating in.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Mr.Spreadthehamster

Activity: 518
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2018, 11:12:06 AM

You are right. Now it is not useful way of promotion anymore, that is why big projects do not organize bounty projgrams.
That is why all bounty will die soon.

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
Hipag

Activity: 106

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 11:15:44 AM

In what way bounty are stupid? Many people or poor people not only in money but also knowledge is in bounty campaign, they tried all the best to have a quality post.
IntelligentIdiot

Activity: 486
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 11:21:57 AM

And with all your rants about bounties, I do have a question which I am obliged to ask you. Since you are ranting about the current bounty system, do you have anything in your mind that would replace this kind of bounty system? Do you have anything that would replace the 2 percent system. I would like to see what replacement systems you can advise us.

Activity: 255

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 11:23:21 AM

This is the cheapest way for new projects to promote themselves. Moreover, it gives them a chance to increase the number of token holders, so huge investors may appreciate it. This is an advantage, which helps them in the future ( listing on an exchange, community activity.. )
contactmike1

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 11:29:56 AM

Probably you're right, but how project is going to make hype around ICO? nobody wants to pay in eth for bounty participants, sending tokens increase popularity of project, number of tokenholders( some of them can turn out to be investors insted of being hunter) .
Vast majority of investors pay attention to twitter and telegram, how big and active those are. Small projects can't afford wasting eth for such purposes and as long as they are small and unknown, there is no free hype like in projects with proof of care( origo, quarkchain, etc)
Maks.fadeev1978

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

"JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!"

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 11:31:12 AM

So what is the way you use to marketing your ICO? use Google Ads or Facebook Ads? You must pay real money by that way,  but if you pay via tokens of your ICO you will lose nothing if your ICO unsuccess.
yes we all know some of ICO's that can't reach money and bounty hunters didn't get money for their effort. This is very risky business I mean bounty. You should be careful when you're joining some ICO. Anyway it's very beneficial for developers. You don't need to pay real money and after successful ICO most of bounty hunters will sell their tokens and developers can buy it with discount. Anyway this is win-win situation for developers, but not for bounty hunters and investors.

louie69

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 11:43:42 AM

So what is the way you use to marketing your ICO? use Google Ads or Facebook Ads? You must pay real money by that way,  but if you pay via tokens of your ICO you will lose nothing if your ICO unsuccess.
yes we all know some of ICO's that can't reach money and bounty hunters didn't get money for their effort. This is very risky business I mean bounty. You should be careful when you're joining some ICO. Anyway it's very beneficial for developers. You don't need to pay real money and after successful ICO most of bounty hunters will sell their tokens and developers can buy it with discount. Anyway this is win-win situation for developers, but not for bounty hunters and investors.

Those bounty hunters had their own purpose why they had joined in an ICO signature bounty campaign for the reason is to earn profit. For some bounty hunters that are really not in need of money, their token reward will be a sort of investment for them and try to observe how it goes before deciding whether they sell it or continue with the investment.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
██████                   A new era of charity                    ██████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
RlanaS

Activity: 126
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 11:52:04 AM

That is one of their way to advertise their product to reach people over the world. They get cheap labor to spread the word regarding product! And not all are spammers and many of us have sincere goal towards promoting a project!
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: